Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I learned recently that a former surly poster was at the J6 riots.  He wasn't arrested and never will be since he hung back.  But I goddamn, do I admire him.

I thought he was in jail for the next 40 years for injuring all those people when he threw rocks off the overpasses.

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

They don't always show ratios when you quote anymore but I think this is a ratio. And not against the poster but the Speaker.  And why do they need to blur faces to protect from retaliation when it was a peaceful gathering, people sightseeing, etc.

If you did nothing wrong you have nothing to fear!

image.png.f9c738c4cd8c294c1faa320b8df28671.png

Some other good replies:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Former California police chief Alan Hostetter went on a conspiratorial rant Thursday moments before a federal judge sentenced him to over 11 years in prison for conspiring to bring weapons to the US Capitol during the January 6 riot.

The 58-year-old, who represented himself at trial, told the court the January 6 insurrection was an "obvious set up” that was faked by “crisis actors,” and claimed that Ashli Babbitt, a rioter killed by a police officer at the Capitol, was actually still alive

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

54 months for 36 year old Thomas John Ballard, who apparently doesn't believe in democracy or the will of the people but believed, rather, that his vote counted more than mine.  And, because Thomas Ballard  was unable to accept the results of democracy in action, he decided to take matters into his own hands. It was a series of poor choices on his part. Why he believes what he believes --- who can say? Oh ... I know who! Alex Jones!

"Ballard wore a baseball cap that said “Infowars” and, at times, a gas mask when “he joined the mob storming the U.S. Capitol,” federal authorities said in the release.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article283052458.html?taid=657b9e55b74c7400016e4c5f

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

Whoa.

Ballard attacked police officers “using numerous makeshift weapons that included a piece of metal scaffolding, several pieces of a wooden plank, and a white metal pole,” court documents states. He threw a tabletop, a table leg, “a cup of some unknown liquid” and other projectiles at officers, and hit them with the police baton he was carrying, authorities said. He also pointed a flashing strobe light at police in an effort to temporarily blind or distract them

• Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Whoa.

Ballard attacked police officers “using numerous makeshift weapons that included a piece of metal scaffolding, several pieces of a wooden plank, and a white metal pole,” court documents states. He threw a tabletop, a table leg, “a cup of some unknown liquid” and other projectiles at officers, and hit them with the police baton he was carrying, authorities said. He also pointed a flashing strobe light at police in an effort to temporarily blind or distract them

And if he was Black and attacking cops like that in some other city....

16 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Whoa.

sounds like every peaceful tour I've been on.

18 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Whoa.

antifa !!!!

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Since these were all antifa and FBI plants, I would assume MAGA doesn’t have a problem with them being locked up.

no, no. you see, the FBI and Antifa infiltrated this group and made them all storm the capitol and then slinked away to let them all take the fall for it. or something like that

“Taake, a self-employed handyman who owned a pressure-washing business, had a felony record, but authorities found multiple guns at his home when they took him into custody. Taake was on bond in a separate case when he stormed the Capitol, with a pending charge for soliciting a minor online; court records in Harris County, Texas, show that case is still active.”

The best Patriots!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/18/2023 at 8:08 PM, tx 3 putt said:
Sara Carpenter, 54, of Richmond Hill, New York, was sentenced to 22 months in prison and 24 months of supervised release by U.S. District Chief Judge James E. Boasberg

As always, it’s good to check the cites. The above quote was from the DOJ website.   Alex Cole is completely wrong about the duration of her prison term.   Still, two years prison and two years probation for what she did seems fair.   I read the memo from the public defender asking for no jail time and probation, and while I don’t agree pure probation is appropriate, less time than the government asked for seems like a good compromise after reading more about her history.
Apparently she bought into the vaccine nonsense, refused to mask or vaccinate- and as a result became estranged from her friends and family and quit attending her church - those contacts being stabilizing influences.   After being cut off from the more normal people, the Internet allowed her to spend all of her time with Trump QAnon types.    With her past history of mental health problems, it was inevitable that she would become a cult member.   

Edited by Gatorubet

As always, it’s good to check the cites. The above quote was from the DOJ website.   Alex Cole is completely wrong about the duration of her prison term.   Still, two years prison and two years probation for what she did seems fair.   I read the memo from the public defender asking for no jail time and probation, and while I don’t agree pure probation is appropriate, less time than the government asked for seems like a good compromise after reading more about her history.
Apparently she bought into the vaccine nonsense, refused to mask or vaccinate- and as a result became estranged from her friends and family and quit attending her church - those contacts being stabilizing influences.   After being cut off from the more normal people, the Internet allowed her to spend all of her time with Trump QAnon types.    With her past history of mental health problems, it was inevitable that she would become a cult member.   

Counterpoint: she tried to overthrow my government, she’s lucky she’s not swinging from a rope like she would be in LITERALLY EVERY OTHER COUNTRY.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2