Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

On 12/28/2023 at 3:26 PM, YGIFS said:

I'm sure many people already know this, but the old anarchist in Slacker was a philosophy professor at UT. I took his class my freshman year. Took me a few sessions before I realized why he seemed familiar /CSB. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

I took a few classes in philosophy, several years after "Slacker" was filmed.  And I remember seeing him around Waggoner Hall and the one across the street from it every now and again.  I think he was just part-time at that point (late 90's).  Apparently he and Linklater became fast friends in real life and talked all the time.  I remember watching that movie in Chicago after a Grateful Dead show.  Some stoner friends of mine had a bootleg copy of "this cool indie flick from Austin man!"  I had been to Austin before to visit family but didn't really know much about it.  A few years later, I'm visiting friends there and we're at this diner counter and it hits me, the scene with "You should quit.  You should quit.  I should know, I'm a medical doctor."  And I just cracked up to myself with people staring at me like I was insane.  

But when I think about the Trump rioters defense of, "It was Antifa, It was FBI!  I was there but it wasn't me", I always think of this scene with Prof. Louis Mackey.  Okay, well it looked like me, with the same name, the same clothes, and the (checks notes) same exact ice pick axe that was brought to a peaceful political demonstration for some strange fucking reason, but I did not do the crime you see!"  Dumbest fucking timeline.  I'm quite certain one defendant was instructed by counsel to try the "we were just tourists who got lost inside the building and caught up in a kerfuffle."  And then the prosecutor's footage shows them with zip ties and a fucking Everest-grade pick-axe and the defense attorney had to be thinking, "You are seriously the stupidest fucking client I've ever had and I got Jeff Gilooly off on parole."  

Recently  saw a post somewhere that woke me up.   It said that the problem is not that donald JAIL trump  corrupted his supporters, he just found the way to arouse and ignite them.  They have been there all along and pretending to be sensible, rational, unbiased people.  Then the mob IQ takes over and off they go.  Just makes me feel better about saying goodbye to people I once considered friends and now know they are traitors to this country.  One can not support that sorry bastard and love this country, plain and simple.  And to the asshole I still see driving around school zones with the "FUCK BIDEN" flag on his truck, you better hope my life does not start to mean any less to me than it does right now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, AnTiM said:

Recently  saw a post somewhere that woke me up.   It said that the problem is not that donald JAIL trump  corrupted his supporters, he just found the way to arouse and ignite them.  They have been there all along and pretending to be sensible, rational, unbiased people.  Then the mob IQ takes over and off they go.  Just makes me feel better about saying goodbye to people I once considered friends and now know they are traitors to this country.  One can not support that sorry bastard and love this country, plain and simple.  And to the asshole I still see driving around school zones with the "FUCK BIDEN" flag on his truck, you better hope my life does not start to mean any less to me than it does right now.

Plenty were apathetic about politics before 2016 so I agree that he managed to get a bunch of them out and voting.  Hell, if you told me a lot of the J6 types were not voting or not interested in politics pre-Trump, I would not be surprised.

As far as ditching any of your MAGA friends or family, I wouldn’t.  Just gently remind them that Donald Trump hung out with Jeffrey Epstein and Joe Biden didn’t, and that you will vote for who think is a good man, and they should vote for who they think is a good man (or woman if they pretend like they’ll vote for Nikki in the primary).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Plenty were apathetic about politics before 2016 so I agree that he managed to get a bunch of them out and voting.  Hell, if you told me a lot of the J6 types were not voting or not interested in politics pre-Trump, I would not be surprised.

As far as ditching any of your MAGA friends or family, I wouldn’t.  Just gently remind them that Donald Trump hung out with Jeffrey Epstein and Joe Biden didn’t, and that you will vote for who think is a good man, and they should vote for who they think is a good man (or woman if they pretend like they’ll vote for Nikki in the primary).

They’ll respond by telling you how many times Bill Clinton flew with Epstein and what about Hunter’s laptop? They won’t vote for the “Biden crime family.” Suck it, libtard.

Because deep down they approve of Trump and don’t care that he’s a serial misogynist and sex abuser. They didn’t care when he bragged about grabbing women by the pussy and they don’t care when he actually does it. And yes, he really could shoot someone on 5th Ave and they’d still support him. They’re deplorable.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

Gosh. That sure sounds like peaceful tourists. Or maybe antifa. I mean, I have ZERO idea how anyone would reach the conclusion that they’re psychopathic Trump-supporting terrorists intent on overthrowing the government.

I wish every last one of them had been shot dead that day. Every. Last. One.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Should have given this cunt a bullet to the head ….

Was thinking about her the other day.  Her entire reason for being there was gleaned off of imaginary internet nonsense.  And she wanted to be a part of "the revolution".  God damn people are stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

Was thinking about her the other day.  Her entire reason for being there was gleaned off of imaginary internet nonsense.  And she wanted to be a part of "the revolution".  God damn people are stupid.

Shoulda indulged her fantasy. You know what happens to people who revolt and try to take down my country? They get fucking shot dead. Live out your fantasy all the way, you treasonous cunt. No half measures.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

That's got to be one of the most FAFO things ever.

I tend to suspect the reality of anything that appears to be too fkn good to be true...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

And remember they are all traitors. No one there was innocent. Whether they went in the Capitol or not, they were supporting an insurrection. Fuck em all. 

All Traitors need to swing from a rope 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Let me be clear on this…

any rioter that took one step into the capitol that day, should have been executed that evening on the capitol steps.

any rioter that attacked a capitol officer or employee, should have been shot on sight.

any member of congress that collaborated with rioters in ANY way, should have been executed on the capitol steps.

any white house staffer or a member of the cabinet that collaborated with with rioters in ANY way, should have been hung from the closest tree. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Prepare your anus 1