Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

On 12/14/2023 at 7:34 PM, cactusflinthead said:

Whoa.

Ballard attacked police officers “using numerous makeshift weapons that included a piece of metal scaffolding, several pieces of a wooden plank, and a white metal pole,” court documents states. He threw a tabletop, a table leg, “a cup of some unknown liquid” and other projectiles at officers, and hit them with the police baton he was carrying, authorities said. He also pointed a flashing strobe light at police in an effort to temporarily blind or distract them

Man, good thing he didn't try that in a small town.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Linked article discusses many cases where subjects are misidentified as Antifa by kooks and turn out only to be Trump supporters. Oops.

image.png.3cb571d24788912d20303890afa39692.png

The best part of the story is in the last two paragraphs:

Many Trump supporters, on the other hand, came to the nation's capital expecting to see antifa around every corner. The fact that the pro-Trump Proud Boys talked about going to Jan. 6 "incognito" and dressed in black only confused more typical Trump supporters, or "normies," as the Proud Boys call them. The constant coverage of Black Lives Matter and anti-Trump protests on conservative media led to a funhouse mirror effect, with Trump supporters saying in videos, social media posts and in court that they were primed to see antifa all over Washington when they were looking at their fellow Trump supporters.

“I was going to be super hard and go punch a antifa terrorist in the face. And I end up being the terrorist," former West Virginia Councilman Eric Barber, later sentenced to 45 days in prison, said in his FBI interview. "Plot twist, huh?”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, bolverk said:

“I was going to be super hard and go punch a antifa terrorist in the face. And I end up being the terrorist," former West Virginia Councilman Eric Barber, later sentenced to 45 days in prison, said in his FBI interview. "Plot twist, huh?”

Because, you know, when you disagree with people politically you need to go up and punch them in the face. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/22/2023 at 2:03 PM, Gatorubet said:

As always, it’s good to check the cites. The above quote was from the DOJ website.   Alex Cole is completely wrong about the duration of her prison term.   Still, two years prison and two years probation for what she did seems fair.   I read the memo from the public defender asking for no jail time and probation, and while I don’t agree pure probation is appropriate, less time than the government asked for seems like a good compromise after reading more about her history.
Apparently she bought into the vaccine nonsense, refused to mask or vaccinate- and as a result became estranged from her friends and family and quit attending her church - those contacts being stabilizing influences.   After being cut off from the more normal people, the Internet allowed her to spend all of her time with Trump QAnon types.    With her past history of mental health problems, it was inevitable that she would become a cult member.   

2 years for attempting to over throw the govt

Season 5 Finger Guns GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

what’s her sentence if that happens in russia, china, saudi arabia, iran, north korea, ….

It still blows my mind how there weren't more deaths. Those traitors got off easy and I wouldn't have shed a tear if many more had gotten shot, for, um, trying to violently overthrow the government because they were dumbasses. Weren't half the deaths due to gravy seals overexerting themselves and having heart attacks?

The LEOs showed extreme restraint. Now, if the assailants were black or dogs...

• Hook 'Em 6

Three points about Ashli Babbitt that her defenders have made:
1: "She was unarmed." 
She was wearing a backpack. How was the security force supposed to know that she didn't have a gun or a bomb in there?  
2. "According to her husband, "Ashli was merely expressing her opinion."
Fine. So was the security officer who shot her. 
3. "It was an unlawful killing"
Well, since the other rioters instantly stopped trying to enter the building after her shooting, it seemed pretty lawful to me. 

Lots of words for a death of a terrorist.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Eskimohorn said:

Lots of words for a death of a terrorist.

Yep.  Those fuckers deserved nothing more or less than to be met with the hot end of a belt-fed .50 cal with unlimited ammo.

They.  Fucking.  Tried. To. Violently.  Overthrow.  My. Government.  No amount of their insane, idiotic lies about "just peaceful demonstrators, but also antifa" will change what happened live, in front of hundreds of cameras.

Had the EXACT same thing happened, except the people doing it were chanting "Allahu akbar," every one of the Jan 6th apologists and psychopathic liars would have demanded that we mow them down.  Well, sic semper terrorists.  IDGAF if they are muslim islamofascist, Trumpist Christofascists, or those fuckers at Asian Dawn (who I read about in Time magazine).....SHOOT.  THEM.  ALL.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

2 years for attempting to over throw the govt

Season 5 Finger Guns GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

what’s her sentence if that happens in russia, china, saudi arabia, iran, north korea, ….

I agree with your sentiment, but I'm not ready to use those oppressive shitholes as any kind of standard. 

Admittedly, we are declining in their direction, and a large bloc of voters are cheering it.

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

IMG_8226.jpeg

I feel bad.......that she wasn't shot then and there.  Collapsing to the ground as she fills her lungs fill with blood.  Gasping for breath, for the relief of oxygen that will never come.  Knowing that she is dying, that she will die, and that nothing will save her.  Knowing that her false god cannot and will not save her.  Dying, alone, bleeding out on the steps of our capitol.  Dying a traitor's death.  And then, after, her blood will be power washed and bleached from those steps, erased just like she was.

Oh, I also feel bad that the same didn't happen to hundreds more of the terrorist traitors who tried to overthrow my country.  I smiled when Bin Laden died.  I'll smile when each and every one of these terrorist traitors dies, too.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Read the full story on that piece of shit: president of the SDSU college Republicans, and a full-blown proud fascist racist (like, literally posting about his contempt for all non-whites on a nazi website).  

THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT OUTLIERS.  THEY ARE THE MAINSTREAM OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.  THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OF TODAY IS AN OPENLY AND PROUDLY RACIST FASCIST MOVEMENT.  Stop with the "they're not all like that."  If you are a Republican today, you ARE like that.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Read the full story on that piece of shit: president of the SDSU college Republicans, and a full-blown proud fascist racist (like, literally posting about his contempt for all non-whites on a nazi website).  

THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT OUTLIERS.  THEY ARE THE MAINSTREAM OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.  THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OF TODAY IS AN OPENLY AND PROUDLY RACIST FASCIST MOVEMENT.  Stop with the "they're not all like that."  If you are a Republican today, you ARE like that.

For the record, as a former Republican, I was never Nazi or White Supremacist-curious like Kvaric or his father, going back quite a ways apparently.  Nor did I know or know of any Republican fellow travelers of that ilk.  Guess they've always been there, but never what I thought of as conservative.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

When she goes to prison they'll take that ankle monitor off. It's like she just wants something to complain about.

She should sell "I went to DC on January 6 to MAGA up the place and all I got was this lousy ankle bracelet" t-shirts.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

"I, a mom & grandmother with no criminal history, have lived like this since #j6."

Ahh, the old ' "I'm a mom and grandmother" defense. If you're responsible for other people's lives, maybe you should spend your time tending to those people instead of trying to break into the capital to overthrow the government, which may have legal ramifications and take you AWAY from them.  

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Just realized my Twitter timeout is going to prevent me from celebrating Ashli Babbit FAFO Day on 1/6/24 with my fellow twitters. 

No worries: I'll celebrate "Ashli Babbit perforation day" enough for the both of us.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 10:31 AM, speed817 said:

Received this text this morning. Anybody willing to try the links out or go see this documentary???

Screenshot_20231227-094656.thumb.png.a2767c337f394a49287e2ba2c6bc95ae.png

On 12/27/2023 at 10:43 AM, bolverk said:

No, and fuck no.

On 12/27/2023 at 11:09 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

shit like this makes it REALLY hard to defend free speech

Well, you don't have to watch it because the good conservatives at Aggy have and they're happy to interpret it for you:

Here's the regular law-adjacent poster (spoilered below) letting you know the score. One point in her favor is that she notes that the Capitol police were unprepared. However,  the entire thread dissolves into the timestamp stuff regarding Trump's twitter and goes on for quite awhile. I was simultaneously disgusted and laughing because we are several years out from this and it's just a SMH scenario. Anyway, here is the link to the four page (for now) thread: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3435544/1

and behind the cut are some selected posts for a quick read if you want the gist of their thoughts. There's a rebuttal or two in there but Ag gonna Ag.

Spoiler

hawg1.png.2bf6a30285dc3d6ab95659eaabf49f55.png

Hawg2.png.4de7fae5a5660ecbedeebd0ec2b02af8.png

Because the FILM SAYS IT IS TIMESTAMPED YOU STOOPID LIB!!:

Hawg3.png.6d36e1edf048ae8c3a9dc9cdd14e19fb.png

Uh-oh, someone doesn't agree:

Hawg4.png.31fb74f801fb6147b1992237e4720d8e.png

DO YOUR RESEARCH!!

Hawg5.png.926a42b19d4fd5d1d99ef72b1e819918.png

After another poster comments on the post citing the source/timestamp, DID YOU WATCH THE FILM?????

Hawg6.png.779ac51b3ad862d6fc6f4d97b3d02f6a.png

AHA, libtard--metadata!!

Hawg7.png.96382c210d56f27e8cbe586f4ce5ea77.png

FAKE NEWS! DRINK!

Hawg8.png.c6317fce5d46851a178560ebd172781e.png

And finally, this poster always has hot takes and a penchant for fascism and violence so of course weighs in on this thread sad that it wasn't successful:

Hawg9.png.fbe5b2fb6c27237517a613642db203fe.png

• Rage+1 3

On 12/28/2023 at 4:44 PM, Underdog said:

IMG_7484.jpeg.4d9c9100a93e686fcf047e1608da8767.jpeg

Thinking about my girl, Ashli.

You have to wonder the strange turns that life takes. How did this woman, who struggled with mental health issues (she was previously arrested for threatening a rival love interest) find herself trying to crawl through a broken window in the capitol building in a quest to somehow restore President Trump to his rightful place? What did she think would happen when she arrived in the main chamber? Would she arrest people? What was in her backpack?

Last November 8 (my wife's bday, lol) was the 100th anniversary of Hitler's abortive putsch to overthrow the Weimar Republic. After Hitler became Chancellor of Germany, the Nazi's built a shrine to the 16 fallen heroes who died during the farcical coup. They would have a huge rally each year and the names of the fallen would be read solemnly aloud and Hitler would conclude the ceremony by laying a wreath on the shrine. 

In a dark vision of the future where Trump has himself declared president for life, I can see him having a shrine built to Ashli and each year on January 6th at a huge rally at the Capitol, he lays a wreath on her memorial. 

Who else is dreading what 2024 has in store for us and the world?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1