Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

These people are ruled by fear, selfishness, and a feeling that their lives are just unfulfilled. That’s why they live in Frisco. 

57 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This.  

Also, Frisco seems like an awful place.  I have long known that I am a city girl.  I love living in cities as there is just more to do.  The last time I lived in the suburbs was when I lived in The Woodlands (ughhh), and I would never do it again if I could help it.  

They're still mad about the football team changing names.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've never lived in DFW but have a few friends that live in the western half of the Metroplex. The descriptions y'all give about Frisco sound about right, but this map makes it look like Lewisville, Southlake, Flower Mound, and Colleyville are even worse. I don't know NE Tarrant County very well though.

map-19100-360_x2.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/03/17/upshot/partisan-segregation-maps.html

Edited by bolverk

Southlake and colleyville are where lots of pilots and Dallas pro athletes live. There's real money all over. Flower mound is a mix, Lewisville should be most like frisco. Not a coincidence that there are so many deaths on lake Lewisville compared to other lakes. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Southlake and colleyville are where lots of pilots and Dallas pro athletes live. There's real money all over. Flower mound is a mix, Lewisville should be most like frisco. 

Thanks. Like I said, I don't know that area too well. I've only spent one night in Frisco over 20 years ago and have been to McKinney just once. When I go up there, I usually stay in southern Fort Worth with a buddy and his family.

The 114 corridor between I35 and 287 is the next explosion. They're building houses as fast as they can slap them together. Rhome is the next Frisco and Wise County is greenlighting the shit out of it.

All you need to know about Southlake and racism and white priv, you can read here: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/viral-video-forced-wealthy-texas-suburb-confront-racism-silent-majority-n1255230

Frisco has a lot of South Asians and a smaller % of BIPOC professional influx the last 5-7 years which is why it's not pure Red. Most BIPOC professionals live in Cedar Hill/Joe Pool Lake area, from what I have seen.

Interesting the confusion that the suburb/exburbs get; the only reason that I can tell that these cities (Frisco/Plano/Allen) even exist is for free, good schools and to be away from poorly raised/behaved children, and there is a shelf-life on these communities before you have to keep migrating, unless you have a barrier to entry and economic moat like Highland Park.

28 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

The whole Frisco/Plano/Allen area is the epicenter of nouveau-middle-class white trash and their Karen wives who drive $150k worth of SUV and Truck that they'll never take offroad or put anything heavier than a few Cabela's bags into. Wearing shirts that tell everyone how country they are as they sit in the Starbucks drive-through with their little Brayden, Kayleigh, Tucker, and Ashlynn's.

It is one of the worst places in the world. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "not surprised at all that it was a sedition hotspot" and 10 being total surprise, this is about a negative thirty seven. I'd be more surprised by a Shaka Smart team underperforming its talent level.

Let's not forget Rockwall, Wylie, and other lovely locations.

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The NYC map is interesting.  More Trumpers in Queens and Brooklyn than I thought, though in NYC it seems like Staten Island is really the only place to avoid like the plague.  Does anyone go to Staten Island anyway?  Other than Nandor, Nadja, Laszlo, and Colin Robinson?

map-35620-360.jpg

All I know about Staten Island is what I learned from that Pete Davidson movie a few months ago, so I can't imagine any reason to go there.

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Does anyone go to Staten Island anyway? 

Been there once. On NYC visits I typically wander randomly, and so there I am and there's that free boat. Get on free boat, ride free boat, land in Staten Island where naturally I do what one does and go get a slice of pizza from the Albanian pizza place right where the free boat stops. Get back on free boat, revisit Manhattan where by that time everything unique had been killed, then dart off to a part of Queens that is like a part of Birmingham except with Russians.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I've never lived in DFW but have a few friends that live in the western half of the Metroplex. The descriptions y'all give about Frisco sound about right, but this map makes it look like Lewisville, Southlake, Flower Mound, and Colleyville are even worse. I don't know NE Tarrant County very well though.
map-19100-360_x2.jpg
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/03/17/upshot/partisan-segregation-maps.html

Having grown up in Lewisvile I’m surprised at the relatively similar amounts of red to surrounding communities. Flower Mound, Coppell, Highland Village, etc. Might as well have had “whites only” on the city limits signs 10-20 years ago. No one would’ve compared it to those areas, or Southlake or Plano for that matter.

Don’t know how much that has changed, but Lewisvile was always more working class and more racially diverse. I suppose there is probably some of the working class/educated white split reflected here. As well as the fact that there are still plenty of traditional suburban DFW GOP types there.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

The whole Frisco/Plano/Allen area is the epicenter of nouveau-middle-class white trash and their Karen wives who drive $150k worth of SUV and Truck that they'll never take offroad or put anything heavier than a few Cabela's bags into. Wearing shirts that tell everyone how country they are as they sit in the Starbucks drive-through with their little Brayden, Kayleigh, Tucker, and Ashlynn's.

It is one of the worst places in the world. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "not surprised at all that it was a sedition hotspot" and 10 being total surprise, this is about a negative thirty seven. I'd be more surprised by a Shaka Smart team underperforming its talent level.

The Dallas area has always been a hotbed of extreme right wing lunacy of the Gods and guns variety going back to at least the 50s and probably long before that. There’s a reason Kennedy got killed in Big D. Also strangely pro Zionist but I suppose that goes to the evangelical crazy end of times theories. 

That more than it’s fair share of trump rioters are from the DFW area is the least surprising fact of the whole ridiculous event. 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Our story’s king Qnut is a swimming pool salesman, maybe he knew 6figs?

Is Hamm qanon?

That pic looks so desolate...I can only imagine the wacky beliefs of the jesus freaks who’ve never left their state.

Hardly any of those fuckers in that exurban hell are native Texans.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Hardly any of those fuckers in that exurban hell are native Texans.

Lots of Sooners, Arkansas hillbillies and former Midwest farm country bumpkins like Nebraska. DFW is a magnet for these people because there are tons of jobs and cheap housing in former cow pastures. It’s less of a problem for H Town since it draws people from all over the world due to energy with the notable exception of aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The Dallas area has always been a hotbed of extreme right wing lunacy of the Gods and guns variety going back to at least the 50s and probably long before that. There’s a reason Kennedy got killed in Big D. Also strangely pro Zionist but I suppose that goes to the evangelical crazy end of times theories. 

That more than it’s fair share of trump rioters are from the DFW area is the least surprising fact of the whole ridiculous event. 

Yep. If I were given three guesses to get as many of the rioters as possible by geography Family Feud style, I'd have guessed DFW, Suburban/Exurban Georgia, and not even bothered with a third guess.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2

The Dallas area has always been a hotbed of extreme right wing lunacy of the Gods and guns variety going back to at least the 50s and probably long before that. There’s a reason Kennedy got killed in Big D.

I mean you’re not wrong about the first part but you should probably look into Lee Harvey Oswald’s history before making that second statement.

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Lots of Sooners, Arkansas hillbillies and former Midwest farm country bumpkins like Nebraska. DFW is a magnet for these people because there are tons of jobs and cheap housing in former cow pastures. It’s less of a problem for H Town since it draws people from all over the world due to energy with the notable exception of aggy. 

Yeah the ones who are too dumb to make it out of Hawley/Pompeo Territory scare me...the hardliners if you will. 

Ohio and WVA have the crippling poverty and Q/MAGAt infestations but they don’t seem to pair it with religion so much. Isn’t Kenneth Copeland based out of Tarrant? I get that his prosperity gospel is different than MO/KS sermons, but they seem to attract the same sort of thinker.

16 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

If I recall correctly, wasn't DFW/North Texas a big John Birch Society stronghold back in the day? It'd kind of make sense for Trumpism to be popular there since, philosophically, a big overlap in their worldviews seems to be present.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

I mean you’re not wrong about the first part but you should probably look into Lee Harvey Oswald’s history before making that second statement.

The John Birch Society was big in Dallas in the early 60s and there had been a lot of public anti-Kennedy sentiment, I think as much because he was a mackerel-snapping Catlick as anything else.

The surprise was that Oswald wasn't more clearly connected to all of that than he was.

My Mom was a Kennedy fan in no small part because she wasn't above voting for a handsome, charismatic man.  But she recounted that her second thought after what a tragedy it was was that it was too bad it had to happen in Dallas, which was borne of all that.

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Not gonna travel down that rabbit hole in this thread but whatever his politics were Oswald was a radical and Dallas at that point in time had plenty of those. Most of the right wing variety.  

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

If I recall correctly, wasn't DFW/North Texas a big John Birch Society stronghold back in the day? It'd kind of make sense for Trumpism to be popular there since, philosophically, a big overlap in their worldviews seems to be present.

Yes I believe it was. 

13 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Yep. If I were given three guesses to get as many of the rioters as possible by geography Family Feud style, I'd have guessed DFW, Suburban/Exurban Georgia, and not even bothered with a third guess.

You give up on Ohio, just like that?

• Haha 1

Just now, RDCanecutter said:

You give up on Ohio, just like that?

Based on my experience with rural Ohio, if any of them tried to participate in storming Washington DC, they'd end up buying their plane tickets and wondering why they landed in Seattle.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Based on my experience with rural Ohio, if any of them tried to participate in storming Washington DC, they'd end up buying their plane tickets and wondering why they landed in Seattle.

Seattle, DC, same difference. They're both in Washington.

7 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Yeah the ones who are too dumb to make it out of Hawley/Pompeo Territory scare me...the hardliners if you will. 

Ohio and WVA have the crippling poverty and Q/MAGAt infestations but they don’t seem to pair it with religion so much. Isn’t Kenneth Copeland based out of Tarrant? I get that his prosperity gospel is different than MO/KS sermons, but they seem to attract the same sort of thinker.

If someone tells me they are from Missouri they are immediately suspect. Until proven otherwise. I don’t think I can say that about any other state.

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

If someone tells me they are from Missouri they are immediately suspect. Until proven otherwise. I don’t think I can say that about any other state.

Utah.

23 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Utah.

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Let's not forget Rockwall, Wylie, and other lovely locations.

There was a mini-Trump rally this Saturday in Rockwall with about 10-20 Trump supporters standing on the bridge over I-30 when you first cross the lake and enter into town around lunchtime.  I can't imagine how bored you have to be to spend your Saturday waving the flags of a politician who lost the election 4 months ago and whose opponent was sworn in 2 months ago.

44 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Having grown up in Lewisvile I’m surprised at the relatively similar amounts of red to surrounding communities. Flower Mound, Coppell, Highland Village, etc. Might as well have had “whites only” on the city limits signs 10-20 years ago. No one would’ve compared it to those areas, or Southlake or Plano for that matter.

Don’t know how much that has changed, but Lewisvile was always more working class and more racially diverse. I suppose there is probably some of the working class/educated white split reflected here. As well as the fact that there are still plenty of traditional suburban DFW GOP types there.

This. Lewisville is working class and is minority-majority now if I'm not mistaken or will be soon.  It has little in common with the other suburbs mentioned.  I'm surprised at how much red they have.

Edited by Tom

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Nah. Just means they’re probably Mormon. I actually get along well with them even though they don’t drink. 

I've liked almost all the Mormons I've known, and I used to work for a company based in SLC. Much like Baptists, the likelihood of them drinking increases exponentially the farther they are from SLC or other Mormons. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've liked almost all the Mormons I've known, and I used to work for a company based in SLC. Much like Baptists, the likelihood of them drinking increases exponentially the farther they are from SLC or other Mormons. 

Same here, although haven't seen them drinking.  About the worst I saw was drinking Dr. Pepper (caffeine).  Honestly, they tend to comport themselves in a more Christian manner than a whole lot of Christians that would call them a cult.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Same here, although haven't seen them drinking.  About the worst I saw was drinking Dr. Pepper (caffeine).  Honestly, they tend to comport themselves in a more Christian manner than a whole lot of Christians that would call them a cult.

Yea, I've never seen one shit-faced. Usually a glass of wine with dinner or a beer or two at the bar entertaining customers was about it. 

27 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Same. My first professional job, a new Mormon VP came in and staffed the entire function with Mormons. I was the only non-Mormon in his whole span of control. They were all cool, nice, and great to work with. But there's a lot of shit under the surface that you don't want to get involved in, especally if you're anything other than a tall, pretty Aryan looking white dude like I am. I heard some shit. Superficially I like Mormons though I know that they don't like a hell of a lot of people as much as those people think they like them. There's a lot of fake nicety facades hiding lots of judginess, sorta like Minnesotans.

Professionally, still to this day the he was the best boss I've had, and I'm my own boss now.

Edited by BradInATX

53 minutes ago, RPM said:

Didn't he move to OK and that's where he got busted throwing away prayer requests?

Ah man he was my favorite. Just so open with the sleaze. I remember once he had a stack of "vows" on his desk and he was plowing through them saying "$5000 vow. Praise Jesus! Another $5000 vow! Praise the Lord! A $10,000 vow! Obaka'obanashikinasatanta! That was a tongue, y'all! Praise Jesus!"

And then picks up one and stares at it like it's shit-stained toilet paper.

"A $50 vow. Well if that's what your faith means to you..."