Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

The two arrested for assault on Sicknick were not charged with causing his death, mainly for spraying something so strong it left scabbing around a woman officer's eyes.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/15/politics/brian-sicknick-capitol-riot-charges/index.html

A Metropolitan Police Officer's body camera then caught Khater spraying him, Sicknick and another Capitol Police officer from a few feet away.
The court record noted that the police were temporarily blinded by the chemical -- as strong or stronger than anything they had been exposed to during police training, they said -- and needed help washing it from their faces.
The second Capitol Police officer to have been hit, identified in court records as C. Edwards, has had "lasting injuries" around her eyes including scabbing.
The court record doesn't mention Sicknick's death, or how the spray may have contributed to it.

Edited by TexasEd

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

lot of driving today so I caught some right wing radio tidbits on this one. THE FBI REFUSES TO DISCLOSE THIS OFFICERS CAUSE OF DEATH !?!?!?!?!?!??!!!

It's similar to the "did X die from COVID or with COVID" talking points from the early days of the pandemic...

• Rage+1 2

44 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It's similar to the "did X die from COVID or with COVID" talking points from the early days of the pandemic...

WHERE ARE ALL THE ARRESTS FROM THE SUMMER PROTESTS ???

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

lot of driving today so I caught some right wing radio tidbits on this one. THE FBI REFUSES TO DISCLOSE THIS OFFICERS CAUSE OF DEATH !?!?!?!?!?!??!!!

That's because he's not dead!!! He's sharing an apartment with JFK, JR!!!

George Pierre Tanios, a 39-year-old MAGA rioter who was arrested on Sunday for allegedly assaulting late Capitol police officer Brian Sicknick, refers to himself as the "Sandwich Nazi" in his LinkedIn profile.

That's gonna play well in court.

Edited by Beau Vine

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

In addition to cosplay Hitler working as a contractor, there is the Capitol officer perusing the Protocols at work....

During school, I worked in a library as part of work-study, and the librarians always said that reading /= doing, but have some awareness people....

Yeah, that could just be research, particularly given everything that went on. 

49 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

In addition to cosplay Hitler working as a contractor, there is the Capitol officer perusing the Protocols at work....

During school, I worked in a library as part of work-study, and the librarians always said that reading /= doing, but have some awareness people....

Is that the House metal detector? Likely a GOP put it down there to make sure she wasn't toting her Glock into the chamber and forgot it.

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

These dipshits give Nazis a bad name. The OGs, evil as they were, had their shit together 

They had their shit together enough to kill millions of people.  At the same time, they were all fighting with each other over their petty fiefdoms in an ultimately self-defeating fashion.  So yea, and neigh.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The world has many ignorant people, who may just start reading something because someone recommended it. And they're prone to believe whatever they read.

Crazy how the world will never move on from believing Jewish conspiracies. Personally I think this officer should be fired for cause, unless he can produce some evidence that he's reading this for some other purpose, like a class about conspiracies.

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Looks like he is one of the ones who listened to Nick Fuentes or whomever that was that suggested they bring the Go Pro type cameras so they could get footage of the 'trials' they hoped to hold.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The world has many ignorant people, who may just start reading something because someone recommended it. And they're prone to believe whatever they read.

Crazy how the world will never move on from believing Jewish conspiracies. Personally I think this officer should be fired for cause, unless he can produce some evidence that he's reading this for some other purpose, like a class about conspiracies.

It is a little crazy isn't it? With your first sentence, I believe it's harder with some material than others and a lot may depend upon where you are (in your life's experiences) when you read something among other things. The protocols aren't something you just walk into a Barnes and Noble and buy, however. The internet is a different story, though.

Were I to be hauled in front of the same investigators, I could give them a synopsis on some of the history of the tract, Russia and pogroms, and other works that reference it historically as a propaganda tool. But I read a lot of different books about a lot of different topics. That doesn't make me a fascist nor an anarchist, and it's a tricky spot for this officer and the investigative team to be placed. The officer has some plausible deniability on his side and I am very very leery about government agencies and reading material in that regard (firing for cause) without knowing a lot more. I'm thinking of the judge who asks a potential juror if it is okay to send an innocent man to prison so that ten guilty ones are not set free...(my answer is 'no, it is not okay, and it will never be okay.')

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

Thinking a little more about the officer, it's not that I don't want to believe one way or another--you all know I'm a strong ledge adherent and fully believe the current administration is undergoing a calm southerly wind, but there are clouds on the horizon and rough seas ahead. I'm not naive enough to believe there aren't already people continuing to infiltrate and radicalize more LEO in DC and across the nation with racist, nationalist sentiment--we know there are, we've seen them and it goes from the top to the bottom and sideways.

But just as one has to be vigilant against turning one's back (so one doesn't get stabbed in it), one also has to be vigilant that one does not become the very foe one despises.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Thinking a little more about the officer, it's not that I don't want to believe one way or another--you all know I'm a strong ledge adherent and fully believe the current administration is undergoing a calm southerly wind, but there are clouds on the horizon and rough seas ahead. I'm not naive enough to believe there aren't already people continuing to infiltrate and radicalize more LEO in DC and across the nation with racist, nationalist sentiment--we know there are, we've seen them and it goes from the top to the bottom and sideways.

But just as one has to be vigilant against turning one's back (so one doesn't get stabbed in it), one also has to be vigilant that one does not become the very foe one despises.

I gotta say.....even if I wanted to read the Protocols as research for a perfectly good reason....I would never bring it to my place of work, or even out in public.  Just some bad judgment there, at the very LEAST.

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Wut?

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I gotta say.....even if I wanted to read the Protocols as research for a perfectly good reason....I would never bring it to my place of work, or even out in public.  Just some bad judgment there, at the very LEAST.

Oh definitely, especially THERE. So it's why I would want to know a LOT more and frankly I would want it to be the truth and not some smarmy Stephen Miller smirky answer or a scared lie.

I mean, someone is at work and a colleague comes in,  looks down at the desk and sees a copy of The Art of Seduction stacked among the papers. Now, a polite person would mind their own damn business about another's reading material; I sure would, but then again, I don't bring reading materials that aren't work related to work because I don't get paid to do that. However, bad judgement all around.

Last line in the spoiler is a real kicker.

Proud Boys Leaders in Four States Are Charged in Capitol Riot
Prosecutors accused prominent members of the far-right nationalist group of conspiring together in connection with the Jan. 6 attack.

WASHINGTON — F.B.I. agents have arrested two organizers for the Proud Boys in Philadelphia and North Carolina, and prosecutors filed new charges against two other prominent members of the far-right group in Florida and Washington State as federal authorities continued their crackdown on its leadership ranks, three law enforcement officials said on Wednesday.

With the new conspiracy indictment, prosecutors have now brought charges against a total of 13 people identified in court papers as members of the Proud Boys. Federal investigators have described the group, which appeared in force in Washington on Jan. 6, as one of the chief instigators of the riot at the Capitol that left five people dead, including a Capitol Police officer.

In the indictment, prosecutors accused Charles Donohoe, a Proud Boys leader from North Carolina, and Zach Rehl, the president of the group’s chapter in Philadelphia, of conspiring to interfere with law enforcement officers at the Capitol and obstruct the certification of President Biden’s electoral victory. Two other high-ranking Proud Boys who were already facing similar charges — Ethan Nordean of Auburn, Wash., and Joseph Biggs of Ormond Beach, Fla. — were also implicated as part of the conspiracy.

The F.B.I. declined to comment.

Spoiler

The Proud Boys, who emerged in recent years as some of former President Donald J. Trump’s most vocal and violent supporters, describe themselves as “Western chauvinists” and have a history of bloody street fights with left-wing antifascist activists. Those clashes intensified last year during the nationwide protests stemming from the death of George Floyd at the hands of the police in Minneapolis. During a presidential debate in September, Mr. Trump refused to disavow the Proud Boys, telling them instead in a widely watched moment to “stand back and stand by.”

While the Proud Boys had largely managed to avoid federal scrutiny, that changed after the Jan. 6 riot. The F.B.I. began aggressively investigating members of the group involved in the attack on the Capitol. Agents have searched homes across the country, scoured social media accounts and delved into the private communications of Proud Boys leaders. Members of the group have been charged in four conspiracy cases, accused of crimes including threatening a federal officer and the destruction of government property.

The new conspiracy case was the latest product of the efforts to prosecute the Proud Boys. Investigators have said that Mr. Biggs, 37, and Mr. Nordean, 30, equipped with radios and a bullhorn, led a mob of about 100 members and supporters of the group that marched through the streets of Washington on Jan. 6 chanting slogans and ultimately breached security barriers at the Capitol. Some Proud Boys were among the first rioters to shatter windows and enter the building, confronting police officers inside.

Mr. Biggs, a former Army sergeant, was released from custody pending trial shortly after his arrest in January, and his case has been in a kind of legal holding pattern for weeks. Mr. Nordean was released from custody on March 3 after the chief judge of the Federal District Court in Washington agreed with his lawyers that the evidence that he was responsible for aiding and abetting the violence and property destruction committed by his fellow Proud Boys at the Capitol was — at least at that point — relatively weak.

Mr. Rehl, 35, has styled himself as one of the Proud Boys’ most prominent representatives on the East Coast and has led the group’s Philadelphia chapter since at least 2018, according to federal law enforcement officials. This summer, he and other Proud Boys were spotted socializing with local police officers outside a Philadelphia police union lodge.

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Last line in the spoiler is a real kicker.

The last line in the spoiler is to what I refer when I said above that there are continued attempts to infiltrate and radicalize LEO. It has been ongoing and will continue to be ongoing nationwide. The Oathkeepers and Proud Boys are just the two better known groups.