The US and Korea

RomaVicta

I'm wondering if Trump will sign a peace treaty with him. We are, technically, still at war with North Korea after all. The rationale for signing it, of course, would be that if we're at peace, they no longer need nukes and we don't need troops in the South.

So, for his part, Kim agrees to...denuke? I sure as fuck hope so, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This and it's fucking embarrassing.  We're giving a summit to a country that is in the middle of a famine.  We're basically meeting with Ethiopia.

3 things here. 

1) Literally, and I mean literally, nobody outside of North Korea thinks this. 

2) Ethiopia doesn’t have nukes so therefore it’s not even close to the same thing.   

3) This post is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen on shaggy/surly.  Congratulations.  Your hate of Trump has made you retarded. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

He's not there to denuke. He's there to have his nukes accepted.  He wants to be a stabilized nuclear power. This meeting has him half way there. They look like our equals. 

So KJU announces he's leaving tomorrow morning after a mtg w Trump.  Trump, who speculated the summit could go on for "two or three days", will now leave later Tuesday evening.

I guess the Alpha thing got settled.

2 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

You don't think that NK will be using things like that to sell as propaganda? They've asked for talks with the US for several years, probably to take complete advantage of anything they can exploit. This ain't some dumb american millennial saying this either, this is SK who have dealt with them for a long time.

Jesus. This is the equivalent of letting your wife think something is her decision when it’s really yours.  Put up equal number of flags.  We’re on equal footing. Yeah that’s it.  We’re working together. 

Trump blew him off and North Korea came back and asked to please put the meeting back on. We are in control.  How can y’all not understand this?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

So KJU announces he's leaving tomorrow morning after a mtg w Trump.  Trump, who speculated the summit could go on for "two or three days", will now leave later Tuesday evening.

I guess the Alpha thing got settled.

That got settled a long time ago. Trump's a pussy. 

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

Trying to make peace is sad to you?

Define "peace" as it applies to the U.S. and N. Korea. What factors have been missing before that meant we're not at peace, and what criteria need to be satisfied in order to declare that we are now finally at peace? Let us know when those criteria have been met. 

Can we be at "peace" as long as they have nukes?

Sounds like the agreement they signed is intended to lead to "many more meetings" -a soap opera plot with twists and turns strategically timed to manipulate the news cycle.  Sure looks like the latest installment in WWF style kabuki between 'rocket man' and Donald.

Donald_Trump_-_WWE.png?1453343046

24 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

So how will this deal compare to the Iran deal

It won’t be us giving them billions of dollars so they can just turn around and say never mind we aren’t doing that is a start....

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

We don't yet have sufficient information to determine what happened today. And it's not even over yet.  We'll have to see what Kim agreed to. 

How many times are you going to get conned?!? 

That’s all this is, one giant con.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Lol if this “deal” was a fantasy football trade, it would get vetoed for being too one-sided. Trump got worked.

They basically gave each other a participation trophy and "may" meet again.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Pulled what off?

I can only imagine if Obama took Dennis Rodman to meet with North Korea.  Good hell....

Obama would have taken jay z. And it would have been awesome. 

Edited by Anastasis

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

If you were a western educated 34 year old NORK, beset on all sides by people who wanted to assassinate your ass, living in relative squalor in your hermit kingdom with an option for a golden parachute out what would you do. I'd find a way to say yes and spend the rest of my life rolling a yacht fully equipped with all the right "western amenities". But that's just me. 

No no no no no. You can do your detached narcissist bit. You can do your both sides bit. But don’t you goddamn start acting like the dumbest of the trump supporters. Have some fucking self respect man.

• Like 2

Just now, wildcat09 said:

No no no no no. You can do your detached narcissist bit. You can do your both sides bit. But don’t you goddamn start acting like the dumbest of the trump supporters. Have some fucking self respect man.

tenor.gif