Bourbon

Jimbaround

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Reminds me of a few months ago when I was in there. I bought a bottle of -something- and the guy said
“ok my friend I’ll sell you this but don’t talk about it on social media”

Yep, they've given me that talk before. They called it a "bottle crotch grab", I was confused by their terminology, but I understood their meaning. 

• Like 1

I mostly drink beer or have a scotch every once in a while but have started building up a small bar for entertaining over the holidays.  Over the last month or so I've had a run buying bourbon and so far I've got Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Angels Envy, OF 1920 and found an EHT Small Batch & SiB yesterday.  Store also had a Old Rip Van Winkle under the counter for $400 but that`s a little too expensive for my budget. 

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Supposed to be a good year for Old Rip, but not worth $400 ever. 

You could probably find cheap pours at a bar somewhere and drink the entire bottle for cheaper. 

Correct. I’ve had a $16 2 oz pour which is half of secondary.  

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

In case anyone is desperate for Blanton's Gold, Frankie's liquor in Galveston strand street probably has a dozen bottles .... mainly because they are asking $199 a bottle. Also have regular Blanton's... didn't ask price knowing if would be ridiculous too.

Blanton's Gold from Masters of Malt with shipping and taxes costs what? 

1 hour ago, thestud said:

The 1910 is good but I think I give the edge to 1920. Not a bad idea to stock up tho, the taters will be going nuts for it in a few months and the trade value will be sky high

I think they can get more 1910 out in short order so I’m not sure there’s a need to stock up.  Based on some podcasts I’ve heard it’s the last in the Whiskey Row series but all will continue to be available.  The rye is supposed to come out in ‘19 as well.  

4 hours ago, USCATX said:

I think they can get more 1910 out in short order so I’m not sure there’s a need to stock up.  Based on some podcasts I’ve heard it’s the last in the Whiskey Row series but all will continue to be available.  The rye is supposed to come out in ‘19 as well.  

Nope

http://www.gobourbon.com/happy-holidays-old-forester-is-sold-out-of-1910-old-fine-whisky/

Ended up picking up a bottle of ECBP C918 and a another bottle of Blanton's. Thanks for the recs. This ECBP is awesome. Great flavor and not as much heat as I was expecting from a 131 proof bourbon. I drank half of my first pour and then added a couple of drops of water. The water seems to have opened up the nose a bit more, but I think I prefer the palate without the added water. LS has about ten of these on the shelf. I'll probably pick up another one or two to bunker. 

8 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Anyone tried the Old Ezra 7yr Barrel Strength? Haven't seen it on the shelf in my area, but Breaking Bourbon gave it a good review. It sounds like it's a good value at a MSRP of $40.

Bought some in Western New York last week. I really liked it. Great value as well. 

2 hours ago, thestud said:

Where from? I got a TW pick from barrel #550 and it was outstanding.

It’s from Oak Liquor Cabinet. Does not state a barrel number. It has a small hint of spice, but a very mellow taste. It doesn’t have a full body, but it’s pretty well balanced, not bad considering. I’d rather drink Eagle Rare but I can tell it’s from the same mold.