The Cloak Room is a terrible place.

Parliament

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

What you describe happened, I think, because until recently any dissenting opinion (or any post, really, from someone who has dissented consistently in the past) was not tolerated and neg spammed. Intolerance to reasoned disagreement created a sort of self-segregation where you had threads started around the same topic but different tones and posters.

Recently and for the most part the mods have taken a stance against that sort of harassment and rep spamming and I think it will create a more colorful discussion and conversation moving forward, in the one walled garden forum where those conversations are supposed to be.

I’m not the most popular person in the CR and they’ve pretty much treated me very well. I mean they could try to crowd source me but I’m not worth the effort. I know I mentioning rep here but most posters are not going to give you negative rep unless you are asking for it. I got a ton of neg rep in the NFL draft thread  a few years ago for suggesting that certain athletes crossed UT off their list because they wanted to go pro. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yes, the mature thing to do when you disagree with someone is to run away and hide to other parts of the board, making snarky and passive agressive bitchass off-topic remarks that derail threads instead of defending your positions in the proper section of the website.

Oh, bless your heart.  Most of us know not to engage with people who are mentally challenged, despite my better judgement I will respond this one time.  Let me clear some thing up for you, I know you guys have a tough time separating the real world from make believe and fantasy.  I did not disagree with anyone, I was simply posting how people without mental issues view the CR and its regular posters.  It does not derail this thread, and is not off topic in a thread which is about the CR (see thread title).  I was saying it is not a horrible place, but a special place for you guys.  You seem to take issue with that.  I don't see anybody running away and hiding on other parts of an open forum where access to threads and posters is fairly easy.

So in the real world it is in the proper section of the board, it did not derail a CR thread, is on topic, and I did not run away from anyone.  People with mental challenges do not think they have a mental problem, but try and convince other people that they have one.  It is a twisted form of gaslighting and is part of the sickness.  Good luck with that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Oh, bless your heart.  Most of us know not to engage with people who are mentally challenged, despite my better judgement I will respond this one time.  Let me clear some thing up for you, I know you guys have a tough time separating the real world from make believe and fantasy.  I did not disagree with anyone, I was simply posting how people without mental issues view the CR and its regular posters.  It does not derail this thread, and is not off topic in a thread which is about the CR (see thread title).  I was saying it is not a horrible place, but a special place for you guys.  You seem to take issue with that.  I don't see anybody running away and hiding on other parts of an open forum where access to threads and posters is fairly easy.

So in the real world it is in the proper section of the board, it did not derail a CR thread, is on topic, and I did not run away from anyone.  People with mental challenges do not think they have a mental problem, but try and convince other people that they have one.  It is a twisted form of gaslighting and is part of the sickness.  Good luck with that.

Despite how amusing your vagtastic response is, I wasn't talking about this thread, you unbelievable dipshit. I'm talking about the countless other threads on this website that get "muh CR'd" by the same dipshits over and over and i just know what avatars to scroll by at this point. I'll go ahead and add yours to the list.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

42 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

I don't think Trump supporters have mental health issues per se.  I mean not more than the national average.  Mental Health and embracing stupid aren't the same thing.  

We could just run an experiment.  (and remember I don't like Joe Biden)...Start a thread with 5 random idiotic quotes from Trump and just ask his supporters to explain them/defend them.  And you can't use "Oh, he was just joking!"  The responses will not be mentally ill.  But they will have to, on the merits, be stupid.  Not because the poster is stupid but because there's no other way to explain away the quote.  Now we could do this for all U.S. Presidents.  But the difference will be, for every other President---those quotes will be the embarrassing exception, the thing their worshippers try to explain away and dismiss.  But for Trumpers, it'll be the quotes they celebrate, the ones they're most proud of.  To me, that's the difference on CR nowadays.  We went from properly analyzing and beating up Obama quotes and policy decisions and speeches, and rightfully so. I was a ringleader on a lot of it.  But now, if you just so much as post a quote from Trump...you're "a liberal CR cabal shitheel incapable of thought and are probably mentally ill."  And this is an educated website.  I can't imagine what it's like out there on the open road with the truly ignorant of America.  

I am going to make a suggestion that might make everyone feel better.  The CR posters are always negative, angry and seem like they feel unaccepted by the norms of society.  I propose we start referring to them as The Sunshine Kids.  That way it might brighten their day a little and make them feel just a little better about themselves.  And the rest of us can feel better about ourselves by making another person feel good about their day and maybe even make them feel included.

So when you see one out and about you can maybe give them a thumbs up (they don't like to be touched) and tell them "you are doing great today Sunshine Kid!" or "Hey look at that Sunshine Kid go!"

Wait, A&M has a dental school?

My god, can you imagine? 

and Moby Ric, sweetheart.  You're trying a little too hard.  Maybe sit the next out the next few plays, mkay?  

Edited by Lobo

I wish.  I used to be the funniest guy in a room of Republicans.  Low bar, I know.  I mainly identified with Libertarians, but if I'm honest---those folks are not funny.  They want to be funny, but holy shit---it's a room full of Lt. Haulk's "What's the deal with utility easements?"  I'm just not a Democrat and never will be, but they got some funny folks on their team.  But they're people who are naturally funny, who later in life chose to be Democrats because it's better for their career.  They aren't funny because they're Democrats. 

If you think about most of the all-time comic greats...they aren't really Democrats per se.  But they are socially progressive, because laughing at the "old ways" is just funnier.  Making fun of gays and abortions and immigrants just isn't easy to do, probably because it's not that funny.  But making fun of stodgy old people stuck to their ways, there's a million directions to go with it.  It's not so much a Democrat/Republican thing as just a new way/old way schtick that's as old as laughter itself.  Carlin, Burr, Louis C.K., Seinfeld, et. al.  They were never terribly concerned with who SCOTUS nominees were, what the deficit was at, what our hawkish policy in the Balkans was.  Their thing was a mirror of the ways of old white men and how hypocritically silly they are.  And it works, mainly because they probably are terribly concerned with taxes and crime in their neighborhood, but otherwise---progress is good for comedy because you can look back in real time at a bygone era and poke fun at those stuck in that era.  

I guess that's what drew me to the CR.  After I got done laughing at Hillary, I took a two-year hiatus pretty much.  But I just had so much confusion and deliberation, I needed to find out what I missed and have a few laughs at the newly emerged group of stodgy old white people who suddenly were at the forefront of politics when they'd been locked up at home for a decade or so.  My policy alignments are still what they are, but CR has been a cathartic and comedic relief...for me at least.  Label me all you want, but some of the shit I've posted in CR in the last 2-3 years has been pretty fucking funny.  Not Carlin funny, but sure as fuck funnier than Jim Breuer and Larry the Cable Guy. 

tl;dr...I'm funny dammit!  Not lame like everybody says, I'm funny.  And I was passed over! 

Edited by Lobo

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yes, the mature thing to do when you disagree with someone is to run away and hide to other parts of the board, making snarky and passive agressive bitchass off-topic remarks that derail threads instead of defending your positions in the proper section of the website.

WWTCD?

58 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

I am going to make a suggestion that might make everyone feel better.  The CR posters are always negative, angry and seem like they feel unaccepted by the norms of society.  I propose we start referring to them as The Sunshine Kids.  That way it might brighten their day a little and make them feel just a little better about themselves.  And the rest of us can feel better about ourselves by making another person feel good about their day and maybe even make them feel included.

So when you see one out and about you can maybe give them a thumbs up (they don't like to be touched) and tell them "you are doing great today Sunshine Kid!" or "Hey look at that Sunshine Kid go!"

Sir' Snigdha KBE on Twitter: ""The right is starting to get better at comedy  and it's making lefties nervous..." https://t.co/BvlaGSnh3n" / Twitter

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Despite how amusing your vagtastic response is, I wasn't talking about this thread, you unbelievable dipshit. I'm talking about the countless other threads on this website that get "muh CR'd" by the same dipshits over and over and i just know what avatars to scroll by at this point. I'll go ahead and add yours to the list.

The conversation between Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal in Katz's delicatessen prior to the climactic conclusion of said scene. Go rewatch it on YouTube and watch Crystal's face as Ryan is talking to him.

Just keep scrolling.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

Mondays Suck! Enjoy Some Funny Football Gifs | FOOTY FAIR

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

When JohnnySack and TurkeyChew are the ones pos repping you, you might be an idiot.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

9 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

When JohnnySack and TurkeyChew are the ones pos repping you, you might be an idiot.  

Like I said, this who have mental issues don't think they do, but attempt to make you feel like you are the one with the problem.  

Prayers for you.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

@TwiceHorn certainly isn’t a liberal. Don’t see him get begged. I wonder why that is

Certainly not by many standards around here, but now that I am untethered to any unthinking loyalty to the GOP or really any other party, I'm just going with the flow.  Who knows where I'll end up.

*I don't get negged or begged, for the record.  I get negged more than I get begged, that's for damn sure.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Certainly not by many standards around here, but now that I am untethered to any unthinking loyalty to the GOP or really any other party, I'm just going with the flow.  Who knows where I'll end up.

*I don't get negged or begged, for the record.  I get negged more than I get begged, that's for damn sure.

Begged?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Whining about fictional internet points, what a fragile little pussy you are. 

It is not whining, and thank you for also proving my point.  The neg just shows me my assumption about you and your sunshine friends is accurate.  I hope you are getting the help you need.

• Hook 'Em 2

'Sunshine Friends'

That's a great name for the special needs camp I'm starting for Boebert, Taylor-Greene, and Eric Trump.  

We're looking for Arts & Crafts volunteers after lunch, so if you know of anyone...much appreciated.

9 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

It is not whining, and thank you for also proving my point.  The neg just shows me my assumption about you and your sunshine friends is accurate.  I hope you are getting the help you need.

Another post whining about fictional internet points, what a fragile little pussy you are. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Another post whining about fictional internet points, what a fragile little pussy you are. 

Yet another misinterpretation from a mind that lives in an alternate reality.  

What your neg and name calling actually proves is that I am right.  You see by hitting so close to the truth abuot you and the others in the CR you have felt threatened and therefore are lashing out at the truth.  It is a common action from people that live in a constant state of denial.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Yet another misinterpretation from a mind that lives in an alternate reality.  

What your neg and name calling actually proves is that I am right.  You see by hitting so close to the truth abuot you and the others in the CR you have felt threatened and therefore are lashing out at the truth.  It is a common action from people that live in a constant state of denial.

Another post whining about fictional internet points, what a fragile little pussy you are. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

I always love a good bit of irony.  

Go ahead and keep lashing out at the messenger.  It is very telling.

Fair enough, but if you could just be a good sport and tell us you know, The actual message, Why that would be super fucking helpful

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please stand by."  (pressed ear piece more firmly into ear), "Yes, I'm getting word from my producer that Moby Ric will be revealing the message (pressing again)...what's that?  Yes, okay.  Moby Ric will be revealing the big message to the Cloak Room in two weeks time.  Please stay tuned until such time.  Thank you and good evening."  

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please stand by."  (pressed ear piece more firmly into ear), "Yes, I'm getting word from my producer that Moby Ric will be revealing the message (pressing again)...what's that?  Yes, okay.  Moby Ric will be revealing the big message to the Cloak Room in two weeks time.  Please stay tuned until such time.  Thank you and good evening."  

Don't call me, Ishmael. I'll call you.

Well I think I have exposed several items that most already know, but sometimes it needs to be rooted out for everyone to see. 

One, that CR posters are all clearly suffering from some sort of mental delusion, anger issue, or an overall issue of not being able to separate the real world from the fantasy world that they create in their troubled minds.  Some of you suffer from all of these.

And two, that when they do not agree with a viewpoint that does not fit their narrative etc they will lash out and attempt to drown you out in the most petty and childish of ways.  Messaging their little friends or logging in as their socks to group attack a poster.  It is not the group that screams the loudest that is right.  A tactic used by the deluded to drown out opposing views.  Usually the loudest in the room is the weakest, with nothing real to say, (see the CR posters in this thread).

Finally third is that clearly one of you and possibly more have some real reading comprehension issues. Try and work on that.

Also, Here is an online therapy site for you guys to get the help you so desperately need.  Not sure if they take insurance, but I assume most of you do not have that unless it is provided by some government program or your parents.

https://www.talkspace.com/online-therapy/

So I’m off to read and discuss travel, cars, music, sports, and other things that bring me joy. Life is too short to interact with the CR group.  Feel free to add me to your ignore list...if you can.   😎

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

Well I think I have exposed several items that most already know, but sometimes it needs to be rooted out for everyone to see. 

One, that CR posters are all clearly suffering from some sort of mental delusion, anger issue, or an overall issue of not being able to separate the real world from the fantasy world that they create in their troubled minds.  Some of you suffer from all of these.

And two, that when they do not agree with a viewpoint that does not fit their narrative etc they will lash out and attempt to drown you out in the most petty and childish of ways.  Messaging their little friends or logging in as their socks to group attack a poster.  It is not the group that screams the loudest that is right.  A tactic used by the deluded to drown out opposing views.  Usually the loudest in the room is the weakest, with nothing real to say, (see the CR posters in this thread).

Finally third is that clearly one of you and possibly more have some real reading comprehension issues. Try and work on that.

Also, Here is an online therapy site for you guys to get the help you so desperately need.  Not sure if they take insurance, but I assume most of you do not have that unless it is provided by some government program or your parents.

https://www.talkspace.com/online-therapy/

So I’m off to read and discuss travel, cars, music, sports, and other things that bring me joy. Life is too short to interact with the CR group.  Feel free to add me to your ignore list...if you can.   

That’s a lot of words that don’t say shit.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1