Jump to content

The Cloak Room is a terrible place.


Parliament

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

There usually isn't too much "shut the fuck up and stop talking" unless it's straight up disinformation and baseless arguments. You know, shit like "COVID can't get children sick"

... is that something that you feel victimized by on Surly?

No.  If I did, I would not post here. Y’all keep throwing out this victimology bullshit, and it does not apply. Go @ different direction on your flow chart responses.  Or maybe the 8-ball spit that out too. LOL.

The STFU reaction is a symptom/ condition/ behavior that exists in CR, as well as the real world with regard to politics.  Maybe we could be better here.  Again, you’re sharing in the discussion here and my description here doesn’t necessarily apply to you.  The behavior exists, though.  If it doesn’t need to be addressed, then things can stay the same.

That’s cool too.  I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not a very political person, but there are times when I venture into the cloakroom when there’s no recruiting or football news. There’s very little diversity of opinion and most of it is tautological in nature, so my eyes gloss over fairly quickly. Nobody wants to lose their ability to post about their favorite football team, so I understand Surly Republican’s reluctance. 
 

There would have to be some sort of tinkering with the reputation system if the goal is actual dialogue from opposing viewpoints. If nothing else, it would make the forum more readable. 

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

i believe slorch also suggested that caring about infecting elderly loved ones with a disease that has killed half a million americans in the last year is "virtue signaling"

 

1 hour ago, slorch said:

You might be mischaracterizing what I said into what you heard in your own head.  Threats and all…

Even then, you generally engage in discussion, no?

 

image.thumb.png.02fa5108391e51236736e58400190ba2.png

 

I don't generally engage in conversation with takes that stupid, no. I didn't engage you there (didn't neg you either), am engaging here to clarify your mischaracterization of what happened specifically as it relates to my post but also the broader characterization you are making with the "you just wander into the CR with a conservative opinion and they swarm you!" story. You quadrupled down on a historically stupid take, that's why you got the reaction you got. The reason your handle is a verb isn't because of other people.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

There would have to be some sort of tinkering with the reputation system if the goal is actual dialogue from opposing viewpoints. If nothing else, it would make the forum more readable. 

I don't know why reputation even matters, since it's not like you can look at what percentage of it was gained in what forum.  It's not hard - post a few photos and videos of Longhorn football players doing something awesome, or post a funny photo of something aggy-related, and *boom* you're racking up reputation points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 7:04 PM, Captainant said:

I've definitely moved further left over the last decade of watching private healthcare fail my dad repeatedly in the management of his Parkinson's disease and ultimately kill him WHILE sapping away what was left of my parents meager savings that survived getting wiped out by WorldCom. 

chart?ec=-4.0&soc=-6.67

I'm pretty sure the main questions that moved me further left were around regulation of corporations, not imposing my religious values on others, and access to healthcare. Go figure. 

Just want you to know that I'm sorry you had to go through that experience.  Knowing a poster's background helps understand where most/all their posts come from.  I had a great discussion with a friend one time that is a hardcore Bernie Sanders supporter and it came down to a version of what you dealt with regarding a parent's illness and ultimate death.  

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2021 at 4:56 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

The biggest shitstain on this country’s history since Civil Rights shenanigans is Donald J Trump. And I recognize the damage he and his idiot supporters will do for my party. But I still have a lot more in common with J Sack and futureman than anyone else on this board. And I’m just fine with that. 

Since you lumped yourself into the same group as sack you need to qualify your civil rights shenanigans comment.  Are you saying lynchings and using attack dogs / fire hoses on peaceful protestors was shenanigans or were the shenanigans related to uppity black folks getting out of line?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2021 at 6:33 PM, slorch said:

Even as a non-UT fan, I don't remotely encounter opposition and just good ole bitchassedness in any forum on here aside from CR.  Hell, we have had discussions about Beard leaving my school and coming to Texas, and yeah, there';s some banter, but most of it was pretty damned good natured and people just talking sports.  That's just one topic of many, but it was pretty damned emotional from all sides.  On the football threads, i can't remember getting negged for anything aside from some one off bullshit.

In CR, if you differ from the general mindset, here comes the negs.  Now, of course there are some great posters seeking conversation, and that is why I still go in there.  I took a one year hiatus, and returned JUL 4 of last year, FWIW.    It's like no other forum on this board however, in that there's a good handful of cunts who just ghost neg( drop their neg and never participate in the thread) or just want to yell for their team.   That part is a fucking beating.  Real debate and dialogue does occur,  but some of these fuckers need to be blasted from the site.

We don't agree on many things in this board.  CR is neg central for folks who think nobody should think differently from their politics.  I agree that rep points don't make a shit, but by the same token, why can't the fuckers engage in the discussion and communicate their side?  Nope.  unpossible.

It's not the same on every forum on this board.  Not even close.

Says the guy that if he gets one neg, throws a bitch fit and negs tens of posts in unrelated forums.  Fuck off, cunt.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Fuck You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's weird how nobody ever really gets into the "Authoritarian" Y-axis area.  Nobody ever admits they worship authority figures, yet they claim everybody else is a sheep.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's how most people behave/believe.  But you'd think on an anonymous quiz, more people would be honest and show up on the authoritarian side of the y-axis.  

It's like how nobody ever says at a cocktail party, "I consider myself fiscally liberal, socially conservative."  of the four quadrants, nobody wants to fall into that one, yet about a quarter of our nation behaves that way.  

I kinda wish that type of voter/politician, FL/SC---Authoritarian, would just come out and say it like a cross-fitter or a vegan.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess their Capital would be Wendover, NV.  It gets all the closet gamblers from Mormon Country in Northern Utah.  The only thing they hate more than gays and equal rights for women is when the guy sitting 2b at the $100/hand table hits 15 with the dealer's showing a 4.  "You arrogant ass (muncher)...you've killed us!" 

Another flaw with Cloak Room, is the actual, real life fiscal conservatives/socially liberal + hate empowered stupidity and what it's done to our nation is probably 1/3rd of this board.  But only maybe 10% of the whole nation because it's a tough ethos to which to adhere.  

All that to say, it would be good if we could find a way to restructure DT and CR and even 6stJournal into maybe some sub-forums.  It's just insane to me that we have to ignore the political ramifications of certain things because it hurts feelings.  Likewise, if I want to maybe pause from shitting on Trump and talk about why maybe Pelosi isn't the sharpest pencil in the drawer...we gotta figure out a way to do that.  Or not, we can just go on having 5 meta-threads about the other 500 threads on those three forums.  

I still come back to the question of "how the fuck is this the largest political online board in Texas"?  That still makes no sense to me.  Texags has magnitudes more regular users, posts, etc.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

 

I still come back to the question of "how the fuck is this the largest political online board in Texas"?  That still makes no sense to me.  Texags has magnitudes more regular users, posts, etc.  

For the accusations of echo chamber behavior in CR, that is like shooting a bb gun at a tank relative to what Texags brings. Non- Horns are welcome here.  Even when I go to Tex ags just to get the temperature on a sports issue, I read it and GTFO.  There is zero inclination to participate.

I'd say Surly is a wee-bit more welcoming.  This community in its various iterations always has been.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2021 at 9:35 AM, Lobo said:

Yeah, I totally stopped supporting GOP candidates in real life so I could impress chicks on this pretend message board.  

I did it to own the Trumpers.  High Five me!  

Obviously a lot of people keep their politics close to the vest on here, but it would seem that there are more ex-GOP-because-of-Trump political folks on the whole site than there are diehard Trumpers.  And we know that's absolutely not actually the case in real life, just based on numbers. 

The Trump threads on CR could probably be consolidated into just 2 or 3 instead of the 10 or so there are.  The crazy/pedophile Congressional threads could be aggregated into just 1.  It could really be streamlined because when you log-in, it really does look like just 30 hard-left threads about shit.  Or could divide it into two sub-threads, "Trump/Crazy Congress" on one side and then just current policy (infrastructure/China/inflation/etc.) and judicial watch on another side.  Obviously the second side will still get political, but I think a lot of the rhetoric would be toned down once you remove Trump from the debate and also not force Trumpers to have to try and defend MTG or Boebert.  I would fall more right on more issues on such a subforum.  
 

Yes, getting chastised for not partaking in groupthink is still the #1 turnoff.  I still get neg rep and shit for my stances on Hillary Clinton, progressive taxation, the neocon's blame (they were all progressive hawks) for much of the geopolitical landscape, etc.  But I think the #2 turnoff is that most Trumpers on here know there isn't much they can offer a thread about him, not because they'll be shouted down but because there really isn't much to say.  The hollow talking points don't ring true when there's educated people to fact check them.  It's fun to say at a rally when 10000 other people agree with you, though they're not sure why.

tl; dr---we should consider some  sort of revamp to the CR to be more 'bipartisan.'  Best example---it's insane that an attempt to overthrow our government at the seat of its power can't be discussed as "news" on DT.  It's the single biggest event to happen to the United States since September 11th, but we can't talk about it because apparently, "it never happened."  

This is the best Lobo.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Lobo said:

I guess their Capital would be Wendover, NV.  It gets all the closet gamblers from Mormon Country in Northern Utah.  The only thing they hate more than gays and equal rights for women is when the guy sitting 2b at the $100/hand table hits 15 with the dealer's showing a 4.  "You arrogant ass (muncher)...you've killed us!" 

Another flaw with Cloak Room, is the actual, real life fiscal conservatives/socially liberal + hate empowered stupidity and what it's done to our nation is probably 1/3rd of this board.  But only maybe 10% of the whole nation because it's a tough ethos to which to adhere.  

All that to say, it would be good if we could find a way to restructure DT and CR and even 6stJournal into maybe some sub-forums.  It's just insane to me that we have to ignore the political ramifications of certain things because it hurts feelings.  Likewise, if I want to maybe pause from shitting on Trump and talk about why maybe Pelosi isn't the sharpest pencil in the drawer...we gotta figure out a way to do that.  Or not, we can just go on having 5 meta-threads about the other 500 threads on those three forums.  

I still come back to the question of "how the fuck is this the largest political online board in Texas"?  That still makes no sense to me.  Texags has magnitudes more regular users, posts, etc.  

texags political board has to be the least diverse in CFB .  

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yep. I’d argue we are more diverse here, but the other side is muted.  That silencing is exacerbated by its embarrassing actors that most recently occupied the White House and currently occupy Congress. I don’t care to comment because I have nothing to say. 

 

 

58 minutes ago, Hate said:

This one is pretty close but on the other side of the fence. 

It's a hodge podge of a shit show for sure.  And if you judged us based on the CD, yea, we're pretty much Berkeley, which I know is far from true.  I'd say UT football fans are pretty evenly split in fact I know more on the right than the left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would agree, but the discussion is about Surly.  There is little doubt that this board leans heavily left.  If the CR were Guam, it would have tipped over by now.  For example, replace the news from Hunter Biden this morning on video with a hooker discussing being passed out in a pool from drug while his laptop was stolen.  He alleges that there are videos of him doing some pretty freaky shit on the laptop and intimates that the thieves had at least on some level attempted to blackmail him.  Replace "Hunter Biden" with "Donald Trump Jr" and the CR would have erupted.  I did a quick drive by to see if there were any posts about it...crickets.

Personally, I don't really care if he is a crackhead and likes to get freaky with hookers.  Live your best life Hunter.  But when regular CR posters can't be consistent, they reveal themselves as hypocrites and it's why that board is a complete echo chamber. 

  • Hook 'Em 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Hate said:

I would agree, but the discussion is about Surly.  There is little doubt that this board leans heavily left.  If the CR were Guam, it would have tipped over by now.  For example, replace the news from Hunter Biden this morning on video with a hooker discussing being passed out in a pool from drug while his laptop was stolen.  He alleges that there are videos of him doing some pretty freaky shit on the laptop and intimates that the thieves had at least on some level attempted to blackmail him.  Replace "Hunter Biden" with "Donald Trump Jr" and the CR would have erupted.  I did a quick drive by to see if there were any posts about it...crickets.

Personally, I don't really care if he is a crackhead and likes to get freaky with hookers.  Live your best life Hunter.  But when regular CR posters can't be consistent, they reveal themselves as hypocrites and it's why that board is a complete echo chamber. 

Why is Hunter Biden relevant?  There is relatively little talk about Trump spawn in CR, except to the extent that they are or were directly involved in the Trump Administration.

Joe Biden appears to hold Hunter at arms length as best he can as a parent.  Unlike the Trump spawn.

I submit that CR is one sided because the other side is indefensible.  Beeper admits as much.

There are a goodly number of people that populated CR pre-Trump, when it "leaned" right that just can't do it anymore.  People like me that rarely voted for democrats that cannot stomach what Trump turned the GOP into.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not the negs that make CR bad.  It's not that fact that it's left-leaning.  It's that if you deviate from the left groupthink, the pile on begins that not only are you just wrong but you are also stupid, or incapable of critical thought etc.  There is no recognition that a different viewpoint could potentially have reasoned thought behind it, or genuinely held convictions.  The only reason to think differently than the group must be that you are uninformed or dumb.  There is no third option.

Any suggestion of critical discussion about backing up the logic or reasoning behind a position is met with some variation of "why should I even attempt to justify my undeniably correct position to someone so stupid, lol."  I ducked out of CR for this reason, what's the point in even trying to have a discussion?  Sad.

 

  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

It's not the negs that make CR bad.  It's not that fact that it's left-leaning.  It's that if you deviate from the left groupthink, the pile on begins that not only are you just wrong but you are also stupid, or incapable of critical thought etc.  There is no recognition that a different viewpoint could potentially have reasoned thought behind it, or genuinely held convictions.  The only reason to think differently than the group must be that you are uninformed or dumb.  There is no third option.

Any suggestion of critical discussion about backing up the logic or reasoning behind a position is met with some variation of "why should I even attempt to justify my undeniably correct position to someone so stupid, lol."  I ducked out of CR for this reason, what's the point in even trying to have a discussion?  Sad.

 

No, the real problem is that hardly anyone comes into CR that isn't doing a driveby or trolling from "the right."

DonkeyCigars hangs in there, and, to be fair, he does get some unfair accusations.  But he engages and probably learns something.

For all the crying about "liberal media," it is fucking hilarious how those who cling to what passes for current conservatism are informed by the monolithic "talking points" of the right.  

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Why is Hunter Biden relevant?  There is relatively little talk about Trump spawn in CR, except to the extent that they are or were directly involved in the Trump Administration.

Joe Biden appears to hold Hunter at arms length as best he can as a parent.  Unlike the Trump spawn.

I submit that CR is one sided because the other side is indefensible.  Beeper admits as much.

There are a goodly number of people that populated CR pre-Trump, when it "leaned" right that just can't do it anymore.  People like me that rarely voted for democrats that cannot stomach what Trump turned the GOP into.

You can't see how the son of a presidential candidate being blackmailed after having a laptop with videos of him performing "fucking crazy fucking" sex acts could be relevant?  This was during the campaign.  Do you think that the Biden campaign would like to have had those videos leaked during the campaign.  Do you think the voting public would just blow that off because Joe wouldn't have Hunter helping with policy?

source.gif&f=1&nofb=1

I don't defend Trump because he is indefensible.  He's a gross human being that I really wish would go away.  But blowing this off is as partisan as it gets. 

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

No, the real problem is that hardly anyone comes into CR that isn't doing a driveby or trolling from "the right."

DonkeyCigars hangs in there, and, to be fair, he does get some unfair accusations.  But he engages and probably learns something.

For all the crying about "liberal media," it is fucking hilarious how those who cling to what passes for current conservatism are informed by the monolithic "talking points" of the right.  

Kinda illustrating my point.  I did forget about the 3rd dismissal technique after 1) you're wrong/uniformed, and 2) you're stupid, we also have 3) you must be a simple troll.

Are people actually trolling?  Uhhh, it's a message board, so of course.  But let's also not pretend that isn't a common dis-engagement and dismissal method for viewpoints that the group doesn't want to discuss or acknowledge.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Hate said:

You can't see how the son of a presidential candidate being blackmailed after having a laptop with videos of him performing "fucking crazy fucking" sex acts could be relevant?  This was during the campaign.  Do you think that the Biden campaign would like to have had those videos leaked during the campaign.  Do you think the voting public would just blow that off because wouldn't have Hunter helping with policy?

I don't defend Trump because he is indefensible.  He's a gross human being that I really wish would go away.  But blowing this off is as partisan as it gets. 

Hunter Biden is a liability to Joe Biden in a lot of ways.  That is an indisputable fact.  Including the fact that perhaps he is an avenue for blackmail.

It was sort of relevant during the campaign.

It's not relevant now except to the extent Biden involves him in his administration.  The art deal is problematic, but at least an effort is being made to hold it at arms length.

What thus far is lacking in the record concerning Hunter Biden is credible evidence that his foibles and fuckups have meaningfully affected Joe Biden's work in government.  God knows it's been going on long enough.

Edited by TwiceHorn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Kinda illustrating my point.  I did forget about the 3rd dismissal technique after 1) you're wrong/uniformed, and 2) you're stupid, we also have 3) you must be a simple troll.

Are people actually trolling?  Uhhh, it's a message board, so of course.  But let's also not pretend that isn't a common dis-engagement and dismissal method for viewpoints that the group doesn't want to discuss or acknowledge.

Well, trolls troll and get treated as trolls.  That's not the issue.

It's that hardly anyone comes into CR "from the right" that is willing to defend or argue their viewpoint.

Latest example:  dcar comes in on Cuomo and says "he won't resign, he won't have to."  Follows up by saying he'll be protected by the "MSM" and Democrats.  Whoops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Kinda illustrating my point.  I did forget about the 3rd dismissal technique after 1) you're wrong/uniformed, and 2) you're stupid, we also have 3) you must be a simple troll.

Are people actually trolling?  Uhhh, it's a message board, so of course.  But let's also not pretend that isn't a common dis-engagement and dismissal method for viewpoints that the group doesn't want to discuss or acknowledge.

Lol, then yall far-right-wingers are getting pretty soft if you can't handle some mean words thrown your way.

I do think that hate acting like the hunter biden """story""" is an important current event is emblematic of the disconnect between the redhats, though. In the midst of a worsening pandemic, ongoing voter suppression, a power grid that's failing, and a litany of other real and serious issues, the thing he brings to the table is piling onto a non-political family member for a past addiction - while completely ignoring the years of grifting and $600,000,000 in profit raked in by ivanka and kush, not to mention the rest of the trump administration "senior advisor" grift that happened.

That fixation on whatever perceived and manufactured (read: heard ad nauseum on FB, fox, OANN, etc) flaw/issue and refusal to engage on other topics is why there's such a disconnect. Shit, Donk is one of the more intellectually honest redhats in CR and he didn't even know who fucking Emmett Till was. He took a litany of shit for it, but didn't get crowdsourced. Because he acknowledged the actual shared reality, rather than doubling down on the far-right talking points and alternate reality

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Lol, then yall far-right-wingers are getting pretty soft if you can't handle some mean words thrown your way.

I do think that hate acting like the hunter biden """story""" is an important current event is emblematic of the disconnect between the redhats, though. In the midst of a worsening pandemic, ongoing voter suppression, a power grid that's failing, and a litany of other real and serious issues, the thing he brings to the table is piling onto a non-political family member for a past addiction - while completely ignoring the years of grifting and $600,000,000 in profit raked in by ivanka and kush, not to mention the rest of the trump administration "senior advisor" grift that happened.

That fixation on whatever perceived and manufactured (read: heard ad nauseum on FB, fox, OANN, etc) flaw/issue and refusal to engage on other topics is why there's such a disconnect. Shit, Donk is one of the more intellectually honest redhats in CR and he didn't even know who fucking Emmett Till was. He took a litany of shit for it, but didn't get crowdsourced. Because he acknowledged the actual shared reality, rather than doubling down on the far-right talking points and alternate reality

The CRT thread is a great example.  He engaged, debated, learned some things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol, then yall far-right-wingers are getting pretty soft if you can't handle some mean words thrown your way.
I do think that hate acting like the hunter biden """story""" is an important current event is emblematic of the disconnect between the redhats, though. In the midst of a worsening pandemic, ongoing voter suppression, a power grid that's failing, and a litany of other real and serious issues, the thing he brings to the table is piling onto a non-political family member for a past addiction - while completely ignoring the years of grifting and $600,000,000 in profit raked in by ivanka and kush, not to mention the rest of the trump administration "senior advisor" grift that happened.
That fixation on whatever perceived and manufactured (read: heard ad nauseum on FB, fox, OANN, etc) flaw/issue and refusal to engage on other topics is why there's such a disconnect. Shit, Donk is one of the more intellectually honest redhats in CR and he didn't even know who fucking Emmett Till was. He took a litany of shit for it, but didn't get crowdsourced. Because he acknowledged the actual shared reality, rather than doubling down on the far-right talking points and alternate reality

In no way am I suggesting that this Hunter story take precedence over the real issues of the day. But if the story was about ‚ÄúHunter Trump‚ÄĚ instead, you CR turds would have been tripping over yourselves to post about it. You are a bunch of hypocrites. That‚Äôs it. That‚Äôs the story. Make fun of Trump as there is a lot to make fun off‚Ķprobably more than any other figure in our country‚Äôs history, but be consistent. The fallating of Uncle Joe and deflection on his behalf is amazing. Uncle Joe has a stutter, but anyone else that looses thought in the middle of a sentence or when he looks away from the teleprompter is stupid. Ridiculous.
  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Lol, then yall far-right-wingers are getting pretty soft if you can't handle some mean words thrown your way.

I do think that hate acting like the hunter biden """story""" is an important current event is emblematic of the disconnect between the redhats, though. In the midst of a worsening pandemic, ongoing voter suppression, a power grid that's failing, and a litany of other real and serious issues, the thing he brings to the table is piling onto a non-political family member for a past addiction - while completely ignoring the years of grifting and $600,000,000 in profit raked in by ivanka and kush, not to mention the rest of the trump administration "senior advisor" grift that happened.

That fixation on whatever perceived and manufactured (read: heard ad nauseum on FB, fox, OANN, etc) flaw/issue and refusal to engage on other topics is why there's such a disconnect. Shit, Donk is one of the more intellectually honest redhats in CR and he didn't even know who fucking Emmett Till was. He took a litany of shit for it, but didn't get crowdsourced. Because he acknowledged the actual shared reality, rather than doubling down on the far-right talking points and alternate reality

First, I'm not a far-right-winger.  Not even close.  IDK and don't care about Hunter Biden, I never watch Fox News (I read RCP, Politico, The Hill, WSJ, NYT, CNN, etc)

Second, it's not about "mean words."  It's about wasting time and energy attempting discussion and getting back low value.  What's the point?

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hate said:

In no way am I suggesting that this Hunter story take precedence over the real issues of the day. But if the story was about ‚ÄúHunter Trump‚ÄĚ instead, you CR turds would have been tripping over yourselves to post about it. You are a bunch of hypocrites. That‚Äôs it. That‚Äôs the story. Make fun of Trump as there is a lot to make fun off‚Ķprobably more than any other figure in our country‚Äôs history, but be consistent. The fallating of Uncle Joe and deflection on his behalf is amazing. Uncle Joe has a stutter, but anyone else that looses thought in the middle of a sentence or when he looks away from the teleprompter is stupid. Ridiculous.

Hypothetical situations to cultivate your own victimhood complex... Classic stuff man, keep up the good work. 

6 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

First, I'm not a far-right-winger.  Not even close.  IDK and don't care about Hunter Biden, I never watch Fox News (I read RCP, Politico, The Hill, WSJ, NYT, CNN, etc)

Second, it's not about "mean words."  It's about wasting time and energy attempting discussion and getting back low value.  What's the point?

And see hate's above post. That's the quality of your average redhat CR post. No factual information to discuss, just loads of theoretical and rhetoric speech and "people are saying". Zero concrete examples.

And to your point - yeah that's low fucking value. Garbage in, garbage out. You want better discussion? Bring actual information and specific examples rather than what you heard on tucker or hannity last night.

edit: just to be clear, the "you" is a second-person "you", not directed at YOU Horn of Gaberiel

Edited by Captainant
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

Not a red hat you CR turd. I don’t know how else to explain that to you. Keep deflecting from reality by pointing out just how hypocritical you are.

then give me concrete examples of your victimhood and not a hypothetical and vague "people are saying" bullshit. 

This is also part of the problem in CR - latching onto a single part of what someone says to ignore the rest of their post and points made. Thank you for being such an effective demonstration of what's wrong in the CR, hate. Doing a great community service here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

then give me concrete examples of your victimhood and not a hypothetical and vague "people are saying" bullshit. 
This is also part of the problem in CR - latching onto a single part of what someone says to ignore the rest of their post and points made. Thank you for being such an effective demonstration of what's wrong in the CR, hate. Doing a great community service here

My victim hood? Lol. And thank you for continually demonstrating complete and utterly hypocrisy and keeping me and others like me good reason to avoid that place like the plague.
  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hate said:

My victim hood? Lol. And thank you for continually demonstrating complete and utterly hypocrisy and keeping me and others like me good reason to avoid that place like the plague.

I'm so glad we're being cordial here thanking eachother - let's try to keep it up!

Could you give me a specific example of my - or CR in general - hypocrisy? Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm so glad we're being cordial here thanking eachother - let's try to keep it up!
Could you give me a specific example of my - or CR in general - hypocrisy? Thanks!

I‚Äôve already pointed out a few. Now, because you are a hypocrite you will hide behind ‚Äúspecifics‚ÄĚ and ‚Äúexamples‚ÄĚ while completely dismissing common sense. It‚Äôs what you do.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Hate said:

But if the story was about ‚ÄúHunter Trump‚ÄĚ instead, you CR turds would have been tripping over yourselves to post about it. You are a bunch of hypocrites. That‚Äôs it.

There is exactly one thread dedicated to Ivanka Trump.  

 And it commences with a post about her activities within the White House.

There are two threads about Hunter Biden in Cloak Room.  One about his laptop and one about the art mess.  Feel free to pile on.

The latest on Hunter Biden is not very interesting, really.  So, there's another computer full of his amateur pr0n that he lost in a drug-addled state.  Important!  Compelling news.  

Now, if that laptop was full of executive branch confidential information because of his sub-cabinet position in the Biden Administration, things might get a little more play.

 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Donald Trump was heavily involved in the corruption of his children. Joe Biden's kid is an addict fuckup. Talking about the corruption of Ivanka/Jared/etc = talking about the corruption of Donald Trump. Of course, there is the element that hate is pointing out, where people who were equally critical of the GOP and the Democratics would probably also spend equivalent time in making jokes, schadenfreude, etc. about stories relevant to prominent members of either party. But people typically aren't equally critical, and the makeup of the cloak room skews left because defending criticisms of the right has become challenging and people have mostly either defected or begun to avoid. Personally I think the challenge in defending those positions has more to do with the positions themselves than neg rep and decorum but I guess that's what we're talking about.

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Up to post # 66; 'Stache & KilgoreHorn apparently used my same answers for the 'quiz'.

Like others have commented, I do wish there was the ability to have some nuanced answers to select vs. what they offered, but then I am also not qualified to create such a survey.

I consider myself a social liberal & 'true' fiscal conservative [vs. the notion of corporations endlessly receiving corporate tax benefits, not paying appropriately, etc.].

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



...those that understand that any other available Republican POTUS could have just as easily appointed those 234 federal judges, and we would have supported him/her.  And those who think that Trump was sent by God himself to perform the 234 miracles that nobody else could have possibly done. 


Part of the Trump thing here is that DjT himself actually had zero interest in any of these humans.

They were sockets in his "what gets me nudged along in my quest to appeal to my voting base?" tool kit. He probably didn't advance review even one single dossier that was handed to him just like any other public speech where he seemed curious about the stuff he was reading - it was a revelation to him as the words spilled out of his facehole & his amazement as he said words was obvious (which is why he so often went off script & riffed about useless or deranged shit that was ultimately designed to fluff himself up).


So, yeah... back to hating on the CR.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

There are a goodly number of people that populated CR pre-Trump, when it "leaned" right that just can't do it anymore.  People like me that rarely voted for democrats that cannot stomach what Trump turned the GOP into.

spacer.png

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

There is exactly one thread dedicated to Ivanka Trump.  

 And it commences with a post about her activities within the White House.

There are two threads about Hunter Biden in Cloak Room.  One about his laptop and one about the art mess.  Feel free to pile on.

The latest on Hunter Biden is not very interesting, really.  So, there's another computer full of his amateur pr0n that he lost in a drug-addled state.  Important!  Compelling news.  

Now, if that laptop was full of executive branch confidential information because of his sub-cabinet position in the Biden Administration, things might get a little more play.

 

The fact that the son of a former US Senator, former Vice Potus, and then active Presidential candidate admitted to being blackmailed during the campaign isn't interesting?  Interesting. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you think that's an honest summation of what twice said? Might those topics have been covered in the threads he referenced, and is there anything in this new story (or out in the world in general) that indicates blackmail around Hunter Biden caused a foreign power or interest to do something nefarious in the election? I'm not plugged in today, I'm not sure - if there is, I bet it would be an interesting thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Do you think that's an honest summation of what twice said? Might those topics have been covered in the threads he referenced, and is there anything in this new story (or out in the world in general) that indicates blackmail around Hunter Biden caused a foreign power or interest to do something nefarious in the election? I'm not plugged in today, I'm not sure - if there is, I bet it would be an interesting thread.

Yes.  See below.

 

36 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The latest on Hunter Biden is not very interesting, really.  So, there's another computer full of his amateur pr0n that he lost in a drug-addled state.  Important!  Compelling news.  

Now, if that laptop was full of executive branch confidential information because of his sub-cabinet position in the Biden Administration, things might get a little more play.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



√ó
√ó
  • Create New...