The Cloak Room is a terrible place.

Parliament

So...the right wing is allowed a place to post here now, with some sort of freedom ( in the Daily Texan?) without the pussy betas crowdsourcing anything outside of the Pravda talking points?  

I mean, the DT was always more fact than emotion and I suppose water finds its own level at some point. 

The typical pushback from the regs wanting and expecting censorship there too is gonna "typical"...but good for the management here, not buckling to the pressure.

This is only the beginning of the "payback"....you lost the "Daily Texan" today....

who's next?  (looking at you Wall Street Journal)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 5

1 hour ago, m00t607t said:

So...the right wing is allowed a place to post here now, with some sort of freedom ( in the Daily Texan?) without the pussy betas crowdsourcing anything outside of the Pravda talking points?  

I mean, the DT was always more fact than emotion and I suppose water finds its own level at some point. 

The typical pushback from the regs wanting and expecting censorship there too is gonna "typical"...but good for the management here, not buckling to the pressure.

This is only the beginning of the "payback"....you lost the "Daily Texan" today....

who's next?  (looking at you Wall Street Journal)

T-Tom, my man.....

Dude, I know you almost 20 years.  Forum-specific rep or no forum-specific rep, in what timeline do you think anybody on this entire site is remotely fucking normal?  

I like to think that Surly represents the best of society. To me, the posters here represent normal and it’s the rest of society that’s crazy…cr posters excepted of course.
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

lol, internet warriors! 

"Honey, what did you do today"

"I spent my entire lunch time crowd sourcing and anonymous person on the internet"

"You're so brave and such a big man!"

HAHAHA

18 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

that's exactly how it went. are you listening in on me?

duty_calls.png

• Haha 3

On 11/16/2021 at 8:22 PM, cactusflinthead said:

If you take rep from CR do the same for DT. Because that's what CR used to be until the Great Migration. The same actors on a different stage. It's equally as polarized but with more hypocrisy. It's astonishing how much the two were flipped. 

This is so much bullshit 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

wow.   the Cloak Room must be abuzz with the latest total fucking failure of the "legit" Biden Administration's capitulation to Putin, as we get punked....again..by weakness.   This is Wildcat09 actually allowed free reign at policy and decision making.  This is WHY there was a Donald Trump and this WHY there's such bitter consternation.   A full look in the mirror is tough. 

Sorry.  

Censorship only caused the loud noises to stop.   It doesn't stop the reality.    

Gotta get back to the removal of Americans from Afghanistan and the enforcement of ranch land rights in Del Rio.

Keep you masks on !

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 9

The way Trump stood up to Biden time and time again was very inspirational.  both publicly and privately, Trump always made sure Putin know that he was America's bitch.  It was so goddamn inspirational.  (also Biden has some issues on Russian diplomacy).  But seriously, Trump is such a fucking badass alpha male leader when it comes to Putin.  Look at the photos, how Putin shrinks down outta respect when he's around Trump.  

oh, I see.   You are still in the Mueller report denial....

that's a tough one to shake, I gotta feel for you there. 

Facts are that dude quit the Nord Stream 2 the day (not the next day or a little bit later, the DAY) Trump signed the sanctions bill  that the Democrats sat on for as for as long as they could.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50875935

then of course, Wildcat09 jumps into the scene and

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/11/24/biden-aims-to-quash-nord-stream-2-sanctions-in-defense-bill/ 

along with $6/gallon gasoline and begging OPEC (AND PUTIN) to crank up the production, cuz, well...we fucked up.

The only other time Putin has done anything like this is when ol' "guess who" was in charge. 

And ol' Hunter is on the fucking Board of Directors at Barisma - but, but Orange Man mean tweets. 

Trump had this dude in check. 

Biden is Putin's wet dream.   Everyone knows this, especially Xi and Putin.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7

Good Lord, I miss newsmen like Walter Cronkite and Mike Wallace. 

(shit, I shouldn't have typed that...now somebody's gonna #metoo them from beyond the grave)

I think Chris Wallace just got fed up, like his father and stepfather did so many times, with the status quo of the "news machine."  FoxNews brass telling him to sit and look deeply impressed while somebody recites "Person.  Woman.  Man.  TV.  Camera."  Guy didn't study journalism at Harvard and build upon a family/stepfamily legacy for 50 fucking years so he could sit at the White House and pretend this was all so dammed fascinating. 

However, my earlier quote was an illusion to "Major League", not anything actually about CNN/FOX.  Both of which, after 7:00p, are fucking garbage.  

21 hours ago, Lobo said:

Good Lord, I miss newsmen like Walter Cronkite and Mike Wallace. 

(shit, I shouldn't have typed that...now somebody's gonna #metoo them from beyond the grave)

I think Chris Wallace just got fed up, like his father and stepfather did so many times, with the status quo of the "news machine."  FoxNews brass telling him to sit and look deeply impressed while somebody recites "Person.  Woman.  Man.  TV.  Camera."  Guy didn't study journalism at Harvard and build upon a family/stepfamily legacy for 50 fucking years so he could sit at the White House and pretend this was all so dammed fascinating. 

However, my earlier quote was an illusion to "Major League", not anything actually about CNN/FOX.  Both of which, after 7:00p, are fucking garbage.  

Just after 7:00?  Are we still doing the thing where we pretend cable news has "straight news" hours during the daytime filled with good old fashioned reporting?  That the punditry and propaganda only begins when Tucker Carlson comes on at dinner time to rile up your drunk grandma so she can call you just as you're putting the kids to bed while she rants about how the January 6 attacks were actually the FBI dressed as Antifa dressed as MAGA supporters? 

CNN/Fox is mostly garbage all day.

Yeah, that's mostly true.  

csb/ Years ago when General Murray (I think at the time he was Lt. Gen., but was promoted to O-10 in the first few weeks at AFC) was moving to Austin, he spoke at UT about leadership.  But something that stuck out to me during his talk was in response to a question about political bias in the media and how it's hurting America.  And he gives the usual, "I'm a senior officer, I can't involved in politics.  Cable news is bad." 

But he did say that when something is happening somewhere in the world and he's not somewhere he can get secure communications (he shared some story about when he was on vacation one time but I can't remember the details, this was like 4 years ago), first thing he tells his officers to do is get to a TV and tune it to CNN for coverage of an event.  He said they just have the best resources and logistics to get coverage on stories around the world.  He footnoted it by saying, by the time their phone tree is up and they're getting proper intel from the Pentagon, that's about the time CNN starts spinning events one way or the other and he can shut it off.  /csb  

If something big happened right now, this morning, overseas or in NYC or DC...my first thought would be to turn on CNN on TV, not the website.  Once I wrapped my head the event, I could dig deeper from other reliable sources.  But he's right, I guess I'm just conditioned since September 11th, first thing I do is find a TV and switch it over to CNN.  After that, you can start sifting through Reuters, BBC, AP, et. al.   

Fair.  I'd probably do the same thing, but they will still let their biases and opinion bleed into their straight reporting.

CNN is still far better than FOX, which at their worst can be lazy, sensationalist, and overtly biased, whereas Fox lives in a completely alternate reality.  Both are worse than what they were 20 years go around the time of 911.