So, back to that legalization thing

Longhorn_Fan68

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Minnesota Dems  created a legislative loophole last year that sneakily legalized edibles.  now, as of last night, they have total control of the State.  Only a matter of time.  

Minnesota seems very confident it will happen in 2023. Hawaii just got rid of their strangely conservative governor and replaced him with one who supports legalization. Delaware passed it in the legislature, but their governor vetoed it.

Minnesota and Hawaii will probably get it done in 2023. Delaware is only a matter of time, the governor can’t veto it forever. There are still plenty of wins on the board before it gets difficult. Hopefully the schedule review by the Biden administration makes a big dent in this also. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Who legalizes it first, Texas or Georgia?

I’d say Georgia has a shot if Florida legalizes it, but I’m not holding my breath. At least possession under an ounce is decriminalized in Atlanta.

Georgia 100%. Texas is fighting for worst state in the union status

28 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Who legalizes it first, Texas or Georgia?

I’d say Georgia has a shot if Florida legalizes it, but I’m not holding my breath. At least possession under an ounce is decriminalized in Atlanta.

As long as potty Patrick runs the state senate, nothing will get done in Texas.

17 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

North and South Dakota and Arkansas shot it down. Are those the first states not to pass it when it was on the ballot?

Regarding Arkansas:

Issue 4, which faced unfavorable odds, encountered opposition from a strong and unlikely coalition of political and religious conservatives as well as progressive cannabis advocates.

The ballot measure struggled to find influential backers, partly because it limited the recreational market primarily to existing medical marijuana retailers.

The state’s existing 40 licensed MMJ dispensaries would have gained access to the adult-use market and received an additional recreational retail license – resulting in a total of only 80 permits.

The measure also featured several restrictions, including:

No allowance for home growing.
No expungement of past marijuana offenses.
No social equity provisions that would have helped people of color and those without access to capital to participate in the adult-use industry.

https://mjbizdaily.com/arkansas-voters-look-set-to-reject-recreational-cannabis-legalization/

i think that's how/why it was defeated in Ohio a couple years ago as well...i recall even legalization advocates were against the proposed bill there, I think something about only corporate dispensaries or something. 

i guess one way to look at that is even legal pothead proponents are capable of critical thinking 🤔 😄

Edited by mchookem

7 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

It’s somewhat encouraging that it was such a shitty bill or amendment whatever, had tons of opposition, no support, and lost by about 10.

a good bill could probably win or at least come really close.

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

if like me, you were wondering what the map looks like now:
Map_MarijuanaBallot_v02_LY_1668016562943

Not entirely true. For instance, I’m medically approved in Texas for up to 600mg’s per month in the form of gummies and lozenges.  They sell them in formats up to 20mg’s per gummy. 

2 minutes ago, Jester said:

Not entirely true. For instance, I’m medically approved in Texas for up to 600mg’s per month in the form of gummies and lozenges.  They sell them in formats up to 20mg’s per gummy. 

I get there are workarounds and loopholes and local rules and shit, but it's not statewide policy. it's still illegal officially

5 minutes ago, Jester said:

And recreational gummies are legal in MN.  It's more or less correct though.

Edited by TexasHooch

13 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

if like me, you were wondering what the map looks like now:
Map_MarijuanaBallot_v02_LY_1668016562943

Minnesota and Hawaii highly likely to go recreational in 2023. Minnesota because they took the state senate from republicans and Hawaii because their reefer madness democratic governor was term limited.

Oklahoma is voting on recreational in 2023, but after seeing it lose in other red states, I’m not so sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I get there are workarounds and loopholes and local rules and shit, but it's not statewide policy. it's still illegal officially

It is a statewide policy though. There is a statewide database called CURT. It’s a thing.

If you’re prescribed any sort of pain meds or muscle relaxers, congrats… you qualify. 

It is a statewide policy though. There is a statewide database called CURT. It’s a thing.
If you’re prescribed any sort of pain meds or muscle relaxers, congrats… you qualify. 

Wait. Are you trying to claim that jumping through hoops to get 600mg is legitimate legal medical cannabis? Is this real fucking life? Give me a fucking break.

Furthermore, I am going to harp again on the bullshit of “legal” weed. Even if my doctor could magically get me medical weed, my employer could terminate me if I pop a drug test even if I have a script. How is that ok???
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Wait. Are you trying to claim that jumping through hoops to get 600mg is legitimate legal medical cannabis? Is this real fucking life? Give me a fucking break.

Furthermore, I am going to harp again on the bullshit of “legal” weed. Even if my doctor could magically get me medical weed, my employer could terminate me if I pop a drug test even if I have a script. How is that ok???

Yes. It’s legitimate. It’s a fucking 30 minute zoom call if you qualify.  If you want to call that “hoops”, so be it. Link for one spot is here along with the app/process.  If you qualify, you qualify.  Ain’t that complicated.

https://tx.goodblend.com/

It’s legal if you’re in the CURT system. You got an employer problem, then you got an employer problem.  Can’t help ya there and it changes none of the above.

dps link to CURT system:

https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/compassionate-use-program/faq/compassionate-use-registry-texas-curt

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Jester said:

Yes. It’s legitimate. It’s a fucking 30 minute zoom call if you qualify.  If you want to call that “hoops”, so be it. Link for one spot is here along with the app/process.  If you qualify, you qualify.  Ain’t that complicated.

https://tx.goodblend.com/

It’s legal if you’re in the CURT system. You got an employer problem, then you got an employer problem.  Can’t help ya there and it changes none of the above.

dps link to CURT system:

https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/compassionate-use-program/faq/compassionate-use-registry-texas-curt

Pricing is kinda nuts on that site. 

I want to thank and acknowledge Jester for providing links and info that can help people in texas.

However, the employer problem persists. And yes, those prices are more than street prices. I, if I were so inclined, can get 5 grams (not milligrams) for $100. From at least 5 people I know.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

Ya. Here’s another dispensary/outfit in south Austin.

https://texasoriginal.com/

It ain’t the cheapest, but it’s a step for the state. Hopefully once everyone applies and qualifies we’ll be on our way to rec.

In any event, it’s cheaper than a flight to/from XYZ state and you know it’s not black market stuff.

Ya. Here’s another dispensary/outfit in south Austin.
https://texasoriginal.com/
It ain’t the cheapest, but it’s a step for the state. Hopefully once everyone applies and qualifies we’ll be on our way to rec.
In any event, it’s cheaper than a flight to/from XYZ state and you know it’s not black market stuff.

How many jazz musicians have you slept with?