So, back to that legalization thing

Longhorn_Fan68

On 6/16/2023 at 7:08 PM, 4th&Five said:

I’ve flown home with edibles a dozen times. TSA isn’t there to take your gummies. 

21 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

This. It’s probably safer to fly with it than drive cross country. Especially west Texas or the panhandle. 

my dude is nuts. he flies to cali with 4 empty suitcases, fills them with 49lbs each and checks them and flies back home. he does this multiple times a year

it's fucking dumb that is even necessary

I’ve flown home with edibles a dozen times. TSA isn’t there to take your gummies. 

I’ve thought about bringing stuff home from Portland or Seattle before.  I know that there’s no risk to getting caught at the airport or in the check line when boarding in friendly territory (west coast states). My only concern and the thing that made me not bring stuff back was when you land, you are temporarily vulnerable.

The airport says those dogs walking around are looking for bombs, but can you trust it?  I’d hate somehow getting caught between the tarmac and my car. It seems like a low chance, but I guess it’s possible.

I’ve thought about bringing stuff home from Portland or Seattle before.  I know that there’s no risk to getting caught at the airport or in the check line when boarding in friendly territory (west coast states). My only concern and the thing that made me not bring stuff back was when you land, you are temporarily vulnerable.
The airport says those dogs walking around are looking for bombs, but can you trust it?  I’d hate somehow getting caught between the tarmac and my car. It seems like a low chance, but I guess it’s possible.
1) Buy a bottle of daily vitamin gummies
2) Empty them out, replace w/cannbius gummies
3) Toss in your luggage
4) Profit
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Even if TSA does find it and decides to do something about it, they contact the local cops. 

I'm not a lawyer, so this is not legal advice, but my understanding is Austin won't arrest you for under 4oz of flower which is a lot of weed for personal usage.

If you're concerned, just stay under the decriminalization number for the city you are arriving in. Stick to flower to be extra safe. Extracts are a felony in Texas, so Austin decriminalization covers just flower, but it's easy to make extracts once you're safe in your own home. 

https://ardentcannabis.com/product/nova-fx/

https://ardentcannabis.com/product/ardent-mini/

The Ardent FX and mini have a decarb mode and an infusion mode. It's literally as easy as pushing a button once to decarb and twice to infuse. Use ghee (clarified butter), coconut oil, or olive oil for maximum extraction. The silicon sleeve for the FX keeps everything confined for ridiculously easy cleanup. 

Melt gummy bears or chocolate bars in a double boiler, add cannabutter/oil and pour into molds to make chocolates or gummies. Add cannabutter/oil to baked goods, or into a batch of rice krispie treats. Fruity pebbles, Coco Pebbles, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Captain Crunch treats are also good. Now I usually just take the cannabutter straight and dissolve it under my tongue for sublingual absorption, then swallow it after a few minutes. That gives timely and consistent results. 

You can also extract the THC with Everclear to make Green Dragon, or boil the green dragon down to make Rick Simpson oil (RSO). 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pods said:

Even if TSA does find it and decides to do something about it, they contact the local cops. 

I'm not a lawyer, so this is not legal advice, but my understanding is Austin won't arrest you for under 4oz of flower which is a lot of weed for personal usage.

If you're concerned, just stay under the decriminalization number for the city you are arriving in. Stick to flower to be extra safe. Extracts are a felony in Texas, so Austin decriminalization covers just flower, but it's easy to make extracts once you're safe in your own home. 

The Ardent FX and mini have a decarb mode and an infusion mode. It's literally as easy as pushing a button once to decarb and twice to infuse. Use ghee (clarified butter), coconut oil, or olive oil for maximum extraction. The silicon sleeve for the FX keeps everything confined for ridiculously easy cleanup. 

Melt gummy bears or chocolate bars in a double boiler, add cannabutter/oil and pour into molds to make chocolates or gummies. Add cannabutter/oil to baked goods, or into a batch of rice krispie treats. Fruity pebbles, Coco Pebbles, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Captain Crunch treats are also good. Now I usually just take the cannabutter straight and dissolve it under my tongue for sublingual absorption, then swallow it after a few minutes. That gives timely and consistent results. 

You can also extract the THC with Everclear to make Green Dragon, or boil the green dragon down to make Rick Simpson oil (RSO). 

Lecithin. Yeah, or nah?

36 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Lecithin. Yeah, or nah?

Lecithin is an emulsifier, so it helps to bind water and fat, which usually repel each other. It's nice, but not essential when you make gummies, or chocolates, or something else that has both water and fat. Without it, there's a tendency for the gummy and cannabutter to separate a bit in the mold while in the fridge/freezer, but they still work the same. Some people say lecithin makes them hit faster, but I haven't noticed a big difference. Stir immediately before pouring into the mold, otherwise it will start to separate in your double boiler.

The ones below are melted Black Forest gummy bears with cannaghee, no lecithin. They've separated a bit, but I keep them in the fridge, so it's not an issue. The ghee doesn't have a strong butter flavor, it's pretty neutral.

If you want to keep them out of the fridge, definitely use lecithin to keep them blended. They'll be stable at room temperature for quite a while. Blended they come out about the consistency of a Starburst. 

image.thumb.png.a70759f009f34491ee07f6901f37135b.png

Lecithin is not necessary if you are making cannabutter/oil, rice krispy treat variants, green dragon, or RSO, only for things like gummies and chocolates.

Always decarboxylate before extracting using any of these methods, or the THC/CBD won't be activated. Decarb is where the Ardent excels. It has a decarb setting for THC and one for CBD. You can do it in an oven, or instant pot, but you'll lose a fair bit more of the THC/CBD in the process. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

The TSA's job and mandate is to keep bombs and dangerous items out of airports and planes. Not to do drug interdiction and law enforcement. If they find anything, they'll either not give a shit or say "you can leave it here or keep it and talk to the local PD".

Way back in 2015 when I went to Seattle with some buddies, one of em still had some prerolls in their backpack when we went through TSA, his bag of course got flagged, and when the agent looked through the bag carefully he went right by the joints to take out the dangerous bottle of water. They definitely don't give a shit at SEATAC and LAS

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/16/2023 at 10:18 PM, Mother mopar said:

Agree 100%, I fly (a lot) with carts in my carry-on and never had an issue. TSA is worried about terrorists and bombs, not gummies and flower.

Same I fly quite frequently, several times a month and I always have multiple packages of gummies, vapes/pens and sometimes flower (an 1/8 to 1/4) and have never had any issues with TSA. I've arrived at my destination and opened up my suitcase to see a TSA note that my bag has been inspected and they left my weed there.

TSA is looking terrorist

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 8:08 PM, 4th&Five said:

Good to know.  

The last time I flew to Texas (May) I ate a gummie as soon as I pulled my luggage from the trunk of my car in Newark.  Made the normally hellish ride on United a bit more tolerable.

Glad to know I can take some on the plane for the return.

Edited by Bullneck

well coincidental to this convo...i just flew DEN>AUS this morning. had quite a few packages of edibles for friends as well as some actual weed for myself. they weren't hidden in anything.

got to my destination and opened my suitcase, had one of those 'TSA opened your bag' tags in it, i thought of this thread and was like shit, bad timing... except all the product was in the same spot lol. my Surface had been turned over, that was it.

so no, can confirm, TSA does not give a shit 😁

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

On 6/18/2023 at 3:40 AM, Pods said:

This reminds me I should be making gummies. I already have the Ardent FX, i just forget to use it. I think I am going to remedy that this week. 

• Hook 'Em 1

well coincidental to this convo...i just flew DEN>AUS this morning. had quite a few packages of edibles for friends as well as some actual weed for myself. they weren't hidden in anything.
got to my destination and opened my suitcase, had one of those 'TSA opened your bag' tags in it, i thought of this thread and was like shit, bad timing... except all the product was in the same spot lol. my Surface had been turned over, that was it.
so no, can confirm, TSA does not give a shit
You'll learn soon enough that this is not the time of year to visit Texas.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Pods said:

Zelensky calls for legalization of medical MJ to help Ukraine deal with the trauma. Be nice if Biden and the FDA would get their shit in gear over here. 

Speaking of Eastern European countries.

Luxembourg has officially ended prohibition.  Do I wish it was a major country like Spain or England?  Yeah….. but we’re still at the we’ll take any victories we can get phase.

im hoping these small wins add up over time and we eventually see a huge / sudden push that ends prohibition once and for all.

• Hook 'Em 1

As others have said TSA doesn't give a shit, and nobody is stopping you after you deplane from a domestic flight. There is no check point; you made it.

Customs might be a different matter. Buddy got popped coming back from Mexico with gummies.

TSA made a crack about gummy bears to me on Monday in NY; no shits given.

I fly home with it all the time, but fuck driving through the panhandle with a large quantity. On ski trips during covid we just mailed the bulk of our purchase home rather than risk some local yokel cop in Dumas or Lamesa getting frisky.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

They could actually do something cool for once and burn all of the confiscated pot instead of stacked trees at bonfire. 

Av9e9A.gif

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Step in the right direction, but it still leaves mj as a federally scheduled controlled substance...same level as codeine, some milder stimulants, and anabolic steroids. 

The Biden administration’s Department of Health and Human Services is recommending that the Drug Enforcement Agency significantly loosen federal restrictions on marijuana but stopped short of advising that it should be entirely removed from the Controlled Substances Act.

The health agency wants the drug moved from Schedule I to Schedule III under the CSA, potentially the biggest change in federal drug policy in decades.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/30/marijuana-review-move-to-schedule-iii-00113493

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Step in the right direction, but it still leaves mj as a federally scheduled controlled substance...same level as codeine, some milder stimulants, and anabolic steroids. 

The Biden administration’s Department of Health and Human Services is recommending that the Drug Enforcement Agency significantly loosen federal restrictions on marijuana but stopped short of advising that it should be entirely removed from the Controlled Substances Act.

The health agency wants the drug moved from Schedule I to Schedule III under the CSA, potentially the biggest change in federal drug policy in decades.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/30/marijuana-review-move-to-schedule-iii-00113493

It might make sense from a govt standpoint to keep it scheduled so it can be researched. I'm fine with it being controlled, just decrim it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

It might make sense from a govt standpoint to keep it scheduled so it can be researched. I'm fine with it being controlled, just decrim it. 

Moving it out of schedule 1 certainly makes the path to executing more research studies easier. I didn't think about that angle, that is a meaningful change I think. 

Dank Brandon
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Does this in effect legalize it? I can be prescribed testosterone or other schedule 3 drugs. Would weed now be able to be prescribed at the federal level?

It would vary by state I think. At least in Texas, executive commissioner of hhsc could still place it as schedule I per the Texas controlled substance act. 

Fucking blows my mind that even if MJ were moved down to schedule 3, it would still legally be a more serious drug that benzos - which have actual physically dangerous withdrawal risks and serious potential for abuse. It's a fuckin plant that makes you wanna eat Taco Bell. Just absolutely ridiculous and a testament to the prison industrial complex and latent racism in this country that we continue to push the war on drugs and especially target weed as something especially dangerous

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Fucking blows my mind that even if MJ were moved down to schedule 3, it would still legally be a more serious drug that benzos - which have actual physically dangerous withdrawal risks and serious potential for abuse. It's a fuckin plant that makes you wanna eat Taco Bell. Just absolutely ridiculous and a testament to the prison industrial complex and latent racism in this country that we continue to push the war on drugs and especially target weed as something especially dangerous

Yep!

I mean, you can say the same thing about booze as well, tbh.

Edited by animaltobacco11

On 8/31/2023 at 10:04 AM, StassneyHorn said:

Weed stocks and etfs are being saved temporarily with the rescheduling. YOLO and MJ are both up 15% today from just embarrassingly pathetic lows. 

I'm pretty sure I bought yolo at it's peak, but I refuse to sell it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is this big? This seems big. Common sense policy coming from the NCAA.

NCAA committee recommends legislation to remove cannabis from banned substances list in all three divisions

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-committee-recommends-legislation-to-remove-cannabis-from-banned-substances-list-in-all-three-divisions/

The NCAA Committee on Competitive Safeguards and Medical Aspects of Sports recommended legislation that would remove cannabis from the NCAA's list of banned drug classes at all three divisions, the governing body announced Friday. The recommendation calls for a "robust educational strategy" for college athletes when it comes to cannabis.

The committee concluded that removing cannabis from the list of banned substances would accomplish the following: 

Acknowledges the ineffectiveness of existing policy (banning, testing and penalizing).

Affirms the role of the NCAA drug-testing program to address only performance-enhancing substances.

Emphasizes the importance of moving toward a harm-reduction strategy that prioritizes education and support at the school level over penalties. 

"Cannabis is not a performance-enhancing drug and that a harm-reduction approach to cannabis is best implemented at the school level," The NCAA stated in a release following midweek meetings in Indianapolis.

The committee's release also cites changing "cultural and legal landscapes" surrounding the use cannabis.

As for what's next, the timetable for adoption of this new legislation now rests in the hands of all three NCAA divisional governing structures.

"When making a decision on an important topic like this, we agree that the membership should have an opportunity to vote on the final outcome," committee chair James Houle, lead sport psychologist at Ohio State, said in a statement. "We are recommending a big shift in the paradigm when it comes to cannabinoids. We want to modernize the strategy with the most up-to-date research to give schools the best opportunity to support the health of student-athletes."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/west-virginia-senate-president-says-marijuana-could-be-legalized-to-help-curb-fentanyl-epidemic-sooner-than-later/

Republican West Virginia senate president talking about legalizing marijuana relatively soon because his state is getting hammered by the opioid epidemic. 

West Virginia legalizing would be huge for several reasons. WV is the reddest state in the country. Would send a message to other republican states. WV going legal would fully surround Pennsylvania with legal states and put more pressure on them to legalize. New Hampshire is an island of prohibition as well, but prohibition seems to be holding on by a thread in that state.

your possibilities for 2024 legalization appear to be :  

Florida, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and South Dakota. 

24 states fully legal. 26 to go. Just want to see this sham of a prohibition die. 

• Hook 'Em 6

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/west-virginia-senate-president-says-marijuana-could-be-legalized-to-help-curb-fentanyl-epidemic-sooner-than-later/

Republican West Virginia senate president talking about legalizing marijuana relatively soon because his state is getting hammered by the opioid epidemic. 

West Virginia legalizing would be huge for several reasons. WV is the reddest state in the country. Would send a message to other republican states. WV going legal would fully surround Pennsylvania with legal states and put more pressure on them to legalize. New Hampshire is an island of prohibition as well, but prohibition seems to be holding on by a thread in that state.

24 states fully legal. 26 to go. Just want to see this sham of a prohibition die. 
I really think Florida will pull it off. Every time I go in a dispensary its full of grandparents.
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

All five at least have medical. It's getting tougher break new ground. Although, North Carolina and Georgia seem ripe for the pickings.

image.thumb.png.18d82a87b850d540b59a1ce8aeea903c.png