SURLY ROAD TRIP 2021: Fayetteville - Texas at Arkansas, Sept. 11

LonghornSean

1 hour ago, hobbs said:

Are we sure that E120 is a visitor section for our game?  Seems like everyone I know, regardless of donor level, is upstairs.

i just tried to buy the best tickets I could for what i could pay for.  Hoping there are other Horn fans in my section

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, JohnnyRage said:

Stub Hubs fees were $75 a mutha fuck'n ticket! Gawt Damn that a lot of money.

This is happening. 522 row 2. More tickets in the row available. 1 section away from the UT allotment, I believe.

I bought 4, only need 3. Will post a single in For Sale/Best Buy Coupons.

Edited by JohnnyRage

1 hour ago, JRLonghorn said:

Anybody hear anything about a pregame tailgate or meet up at one of the local bars from the longhorn foundation? Btw I have two extras in the horn section. Pm if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm down to throw a tailgate or start a bartab pre-game for surly peeps. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JRLonghorn said:

Anybody hear anything about a pregame tailgate or meet up at one of the local bars from the longhorn foundation? Btw I have two extras in the horn section. Pm if interested

There's to be a fairly good blowout at the Inn at Carnall Hall.  About a ten minute walk from the stadium to the East.  Not sure if it's technically on their campus, but it's pretty darn close.   kind of a boutique hotel with nice grounds.  Anyway, will be the base of operations for some UT folks.  Likely a very nice food spread, most importantly---open bar and armed security for the unruly Razorback fan here and there.  Starts at 3:30p. 

i was going to rent 2 rooms in Bentonville since almost everything was sold out in Fayetteville. Reason why I said almost is because the group of guys I'm with rather stay at the Chief Motel which is 5 min away from the stadium.. 4 guys, 2 rooms, King beds only.  Gonna be fun

There's a handful of hotels near the airport with rooms still available.  If you're flying out that way on Sunday.  That's what I'm gonna do.  After the game, stick around for a beer and cheer but their fans are gonna turn into dicks around 11pm.  just gonna head back that way in an uber and drink beer/eat fast food at the hotel room and be 2 minutes from the terminal on Sunday morning.  You younger guys may have fun ripping it up that night near campus, but I'm getting the hell outta dodge.  I think hit up a Longhorn tailgate or two (or if you surly folks want, we can get a group to head to a bar or something).  But we won't get outta that stadium until 10:00p, my plan is to be drunk 'n gone before midnight.  Maybe find Wheeler.  

I'm down to throw a tailgate or start a bartab pre-game for surly peeps. 

I’d definitely be down to throw in for a surly bar tab. I have never been to Fayetteville but it looks like their are plenty of bars east of the campus on Dickson street. Looks like it’s walkable to the stadium

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

There's to be a fairly good blowout at the Inn at Carnall Hall.  About a ten minute walk from the stadium to the East.  Not sure if it's technically on their campus, but it's pretty darn close.   kind of a boutique hotel with nice grounds.  Anyway, will be the base of operations for some UT folks.  Likely a very nice food spread, most importantly---open bar and armed security for the unruly Razorback fan here and there.  Starts at 3:30p. 

Can we piggy back or is it a classy affair? If you know who to contact I'd love to reach out to them. 

Not the indoor portion of the event.  But I can ask if we could set something up parallel on the outside.  The grounds are beautiful.  But I'm guessing it's gonna be pricey.  But it'll be a Longhorn stronghold with nice MILF eye candy if that's anything, and super close to the stadium.  

On 7/9/2021 at 1:54 PM, deter said:

Buffalo is great. Think Guadalupe with no houses, trash, etc. Been going every year for the last 15.

On 7/9/2021 at 2:21 PM, ElChupacabra said:

Unless we get a lot more rain between now and game day you're not going to have fun floating the Buffalo. They've got all float trips on hold at the moment with average water level being about a foot and a half. I haven't floated the Buffalo yet but I'm dying to break in this new kayak and that was going to be my next trip. Went out with my buddy and his 11yo son and we went 28 miles down the King's river in two and a half days just a couple weeks back. Caught some good fish through there, too.

ETA: Here's a handy website to keep track of Buffalo water levels. 

https://www.buffaloriver.com/river-levels/

Any new intel on the condition of the Buffalo River?

Haven't called Dirst. Leaning towards Buffalo River Outfitters in Tyler Bend because they have outstanding phone customer service. Other outfitters sound a little put out having to answer questions. They have tandem kayaks for extra space. They only do Tyler Bend to Dillard's Ferry right now due to water levels, although they may be able to park our exit vehicle farther if we think we can make it. Wild Bill's can do Rush to White River or possibly Dillard's Ferry to White River, but thinks that's too long for three days, 32 miles. They only have small flat kayaks.

Edited by JohnnyRage

3 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

Any new intel on the condition of the Buffalo River?

Haven't called Dirst. Leaning towards Buffalo River Outfitters in Tyler Bend because they have outstanding phone customer service. Other outfitters sound a little put out having to answer questions. They have tandem kayaks for extra space. They only do Tyler Bend to Dillard's Ferry right now due to water levels, although they may be able to park our exit vehicle farther if we think we can make it. Wild Bill's can do Rush to White River or possibly Dillard's Ferry to White River, but thinks that's too long for three days, 32 miles. They only have small flat kayaks.

Not looking great from a quick glance at their website. Couple sections say low but floatable while the rest all say very low. I'm very much a leisurely guy so I prefer not to drag my kayak and gear at all if I don't have to. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

Not looking great from a quick glance at their website. Couple sections say low but floatable while the rest all say very low. I'm very much a leisurely guy so I prefer not to drag my kayak and gear at all if I don't have to. 

I pulled the trigger today. Mid 80's and possibly some rain to help. Buffalo River Outfitters from Tyler's Bend to Dillard's Ferry. I'm Jizz Jazzed!

Edited by JohnnyRage
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/25/2021 at 6:31 PM, JRLonghorn said:

Longhorn foundation has a “VIP weekend experience” website up now. 

https://utexasfootball.anthonytravel.com

Looks like a Friday dinner and Saturday reception at 4pm in a campus building close to Dickson street. 

This is the previously mentioned in this thread “blowout” at the inn right off their campus 10 minutes from the stadium. 

Our plan is to roll into town around noon. Eat and bar hop around Dickson. Find a tailgate of some kind and eventually go to the foundation shindig before huffing it over to the game. 

Edited by jwtexan

Saw this on 247...

FYI -- The Arkansas-area Texas Exes will not be hosting a tailgate for the game this year, in an effort to be covid safe.

However, for those on this board attending the game, George’s Majestic Lounge (519 W Dickson St Fayetteville, AR 72701) will be hosting the officially unofficial Texas pregame party.

Dickson St. is essentially Fayetteville's version of 6th St., and is roughly a 20 minute walk from the stadium -- outdoor patio and live music included.

• Hook 'Em 1

My only game experience in Fayetteville was with LHB back in '85-the game where we field goaled them to death. 

Inside the stadium was just fine and there were no issues after we had been told horror stories from the '81 game up there where we got blown out.

However, we stayed in Ft. Smith on Friday night, and on the drive in on game day, our 8 bus caravan was routinely flicked off by anyone and everyone including old ladies milling around their church parking lots.

All in all not too bad.  '87 Little rock was when the whiskey bottles started to fly.

Good luck to all our Surly travelers.  Night game should be lit in more ways than one.