2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Next year we could have a rotation of Framber, Garcia, LMJ, Javier and Ordozzi that would cost us roughly $26 million.  I think that would be a top 5 or 8 rotation. 

There is no excuse not to get a deal done with Verlander or Greinke, and still re-sign Correa for whatever he wants.  That Ordozzi signing kind of sucks.  I'd rather pay JV or Greinke $25 million, not pay the other guy, and use the $35,000,000 savings to pay Carlos (he's already making what- 12- so that would still be a net savings of 10 million- but we could have saved 20 million without an unnecessary Ordozzi). If you don't re-sign either of the 2 big money guys you can still re-sign Carlos and save almost $50,000,000 from this years payroll.  With Smith coming off the books that could buy you 3 or so pretty nice upgrades in the bullpen plus CF, and you'd have a team that likely wins 100 games.

The young guys being so good and so cheap in the rotation really extends our competitve window if we want to spend up to the tax line.  If they don't get Correa and 1 of the big pitchers back I'm going to be so bummed out. It's really unnecessary to end this teams serious world series contending window.  

• Hook 'Em 1