2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Not really. Bunt was like a soft line drive right to him. Good idea but not well executed.
Sano is a lump who plays little to no games at 3rd anymore since 2019. If Yuli would have done that you would be jizzing your shorts....and Yuli isn't even on this dudes fatness/non athletic scale
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Not really. Bunt was like a soft line drive right to him. Good idea but not well executed.

Bullshit, he didn't have a lot of time to field it and he had to field it cleanly with his bare hand and throw over to first. Hardly a soft line drive gtfo with that. 

36 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We're so desperate for a win our leading HR hitter is bunting to tie with two outs in the bottom of the 11th.

Against the Twins.

Sweet.

I quote this post not to pick on you, but to say that it's very odd for so many pissed off Astros fans to appeal to Altuve's greatness on one hand but then think their situational awareness is better than his at the moment that pitch was thrown. He laid down a pretty damn good bunt that I thought was an rbi off the bat.  Tip your cap to Sano and go get a win tomorrow. 

13 hours ago, TxTower said:

And we shall never see his like again…,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched and listened to a ton of J.R. games during his tragically brief career. He was the single most intimidating pitcher I've ever witnessed play. And to think he was doing this mostly while Earl was also annihilating folks in the same building. I can't Immediately think of another such monster duo in major-league sports. 

I've said it before but I'll say it again.... 1980 was the most depressing year in sports history and it likely will never be succeeded in that aspect.

A) JR Richard had the stroke that fucking sucked and I honestly think had he been able to stay healthy we would have rolled past the Phillies in the NLCS and likely would have handled the Royals in the World Series

B) Oilers finished in a 5 way tie at 11-5 for best record in the AFC but lost both tiebreakers to Cleveland for the AFC Central and again to Oakland for hosting the Wild Card game.  They had so many close games gave up the TD in the 4th to KC to lose by 1, lost in OT to the Jets after falling behind by 21 and rallying to tie them twice, and the 3 point loss to the Browns at the Astrodome.  Any one of those games goes differently and we have the top seed in the AFC instead of San Diego and wouldn't have had to face the Raiders until the AFC Championship game.  Not saying we would have won as they were a buzzsaw that postseason but it would have been a much better outcome for Bum & Co no matter what.

FUCK...

I've said it before but I'll say it again.... 1980 was the most depressing year in sports history and it likely will never be succeeded in that aspect.
A) JR Richard had the stroke that fucking sucked and I honestly think had he been able to stay healthy we would have rolled past the Phillies in the NLCS and likely would have handled the Royals in the World Series
B) Oilers finished in a 5 way tie at 11-5 for best record in the AFC but lost both tiebreakers to Cleveland for the AFC Central and again to Oakland for hosting the Wild Card game.  They had so many close games gave up the TD in the 4th to KC to lose by 1, lost in OT to the Jets after falling behind by 21 and rallying to tie them twice, and the 3 point loss to the Browns at the Astrodome.  Any one of those games goes differently and we have the top seed in the AFC instead of San Diego and wouldn't have had to face the Raiders until the AFC Championship game.  Not saying we would have won as they were a buzzsaw that postseason but it would have been a much better outcome for Bum & Co no matter what.

FUCK...
And all this time I thought you were a young'n.
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I quote this post not to pick on you, but to say that it's very odd for so many pissed off Astros fans to appeal to Altuve's greatness on one hand but then think their situational awareness is better than his at the moment that pitch was thrown. He laid down a pretty damn good bunt that I thought was an rbi off the bat.  Tip your cap to Sano and go get a win tomorrow. 

We will never agree on this. 

ALEX BREGMAN3B, HOUSTON ASTROS

Alex Bregman (quad) went 1-for-3 with a pair of walks on Friday in a minor-league rehab game with Triple-A Sugar Land.

Bregman played nine inning at third base in his first appearance since Tuesday's rain-shortened contest. The 27-year-old fantasy stalwart has been sidelined since mid-June due to a left quad strain and a subsequent hamstring issue. Barring any setbacks, it sounds like he's set to rejoin the Astros for the opener of a two-game series on Tuesday against the Rockies.

don't worry, i'm sure he'll get struck by lightning or something later today.

42 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

don't worry, i'm sure he'll get struck by lightning or something later today.

one loser fan near me was yelling "CHEATER!!!" when he stepped into the box. I told him "Beat it, nerd! You see all these Astros fans here? They're not here for you."

Bregman's last at-bat was in the top 9 with two outs. He got down 0-2 and worked his way back in the count before drawing a walk. Hinojosa followed with a routine grounder to short that Durow botched badly allowing both runners to reach safely. I was very interested to see a single to the outfield to watch Bregman run second to home, but alas Norel Gonzalez (who has been hot since getting called up from AA) hit a soft tapper back to the pitcher to end the game.