2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

To the casual observer, it's brutal.

Yes, totally agree. No argument there. 

But TV contracts and ticket sales are still through the roof, so there's more than a little demand for it.

Totally don't intend to get into the DH vs Pitcher argument, though. I was just making a flippant comment. 

This team has given me so much joy from about 2014 on that I can’t be mad about anything. Disappointed about 2019 which was the best team clearly of the entire run, but maybe we can steal one with this team, minus LMJ. Bc make no mistake this would be a theft of a worls series (in a general sense- not that we are worse than the Braves). 
I’m really glad we didn’t go down in 5. That would have been sort of bitch made. This team isn’t bitch made at all. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Now those Atlanta collars get just a bit tighter. Two long days for them to stew on what might have been but wasn't. 

After that grand slam, every single person in that stadium thought they were gonna see a celebration tonight.
The mental mind fuck that follows that, combined with the knowledge that this team blew a 3-1 lead last year, and there’s gonna be some puckering in Houston.
  • Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

when shohei gets a start he bats and under current rules he's batting as a pitcher, not a DH, right?  i just assumed they'd change that going universal DH but maybe not

Yeah, that's right.  I don't know why that would change.  He's already playing in the DH league.

4 minutes ago, elfenix said:

when shohei gets a start he bats and under current rules he's batting as a pitcher, not a DH, right?  i just assumed they'd change that going universal DH but maybe not

Yep. The DH is an optional position - but only at the start of the game - and the pitcher can still bat.

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

After that grand slam, every single person in that stadium thought they were gonna see a celebration that night.
The mental mind fuck that follows that, combined with the knowledge that this team blew a 3-1 lead last year, and there’s gonna be some puckering in Houston.

Yep I love shutting those fucking chop-mouths up, all those fans thought they were in for a nine-inning, three hour party in anticipation of the 27th and final out of the 2021 season and the Astros said NOPE. 

• Hook 'Em 5