Ridingtosunsets ride into the sunset Meta thread of genius

Ridingtosunset

6 minutes ago, YChang said:

I think what disappoints me the most about some of our DT conservatives, current day Republicans, et al... is just the general lack of creativity/curiosity and sometimes a sense of humanity with their approach to issues, problems, and policies. 

"Be curious, not judgemental."

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, YChang said:

I think what disappoints me the most about some of our DT conservatives, current day Republicans, et al... is just the general lack of creativity/curiosity and sometimes a sense of humanity with their approach to issues, problems, and policies. 

Understatement of the year?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Ha, it's not fun, sometimes, but running away everytime you will lose everytime.

Do you really see it as winning and losing? I don't agree with everything you have posted, but unless you post something factually untrue or as I've pointed out on occasion-- used a sketchy source w/o noting it's sketchiness, I don't view the opinions you or others post or the back and forth discussions that way. There are many different perspectives out there and some very thoughtful posters.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

OnBoard has been negged once - ONCE - in this entire thread. and he's received a good number of pos-rep.

there is someone bitching for a couple of paragraphs about getting negged in the CR in a completely 100% not-even-remotely political thread over there. i can't even recall that person ever even posting on a topic in CR.

i don't know why but that particular brand of bitchassedness just annoys the shit out of me 😠

it's not just that's its whining...it's that it's demonstrably false. 

You should link the post so we can go and neg it.  I'm the type of thoughtful guy who likes to turn people's dreams into reality.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

You should link the post so we can go and neg it.  I'm the type of thoughtful guy who likes to turn people's dreams into reality.  

One neg for the original post where he claimed the Ga law said you could hand anyone water as long as it didn't have the candidate's name on it:

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

One neg for the original post where he claimed the Ga law said you could hand anyone water as long as it didn't have the candidate's name on it:

Tom's referring to the DT post where someone's bitching about being negged in the CR.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Thanks, but I was referring to what DDD Dad said in the post below yours.  I'd neg the OP but he's already dead and in purgatory.  Instead I'm pouring one out.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Thanks, but I was referring to what DDD Dad said in the post below yours.  I'd neg the OP but he's already dead and in purgatory.  Instead I'm pouring one out.

You said what I was thinking earlier today.  I haven't negged anybody in a while.....

meh, it would just make the poster say 'see?? neg cabal! mean!' 🙄 plus y'all would probably end up with a timeout yourselves and then i'd feel guilty 😋

anyway...it's not too hard to find, the thread is on the first page...maybe i'm being overly sensitive, but the ridiculousness just pissed me off.

Lulz like fucking clockwork

21 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Fuck the media !  They're a huge part of the problem.  What's really fucking funny is there are posters here (the cabal specifically) that think their news sources are 100% accurate, get their facts straight all the time, have no agenda, and when they screw up admit it. I'm still laughing about the last one. Typically when sources like the NYT even consider a retraction it's buried on page 12, section F next to the grocery store coupons in 5pt. print.  

This latest shooting of a knife wielding girl is still being painted as a cop murder in many of the large mainstream news orgs, by their commentators, editorialists, tweeters and twatters.  

Straight up lying about what was just discussed in this very thread. Such bitchassedness

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Lulz like fucking clockwork

Straight up lying about what was just discussed in this very thread. Such bitchassedness

Fuck that . I made a comment about something  I heard reported. That was shown to be wrong. I admitted I was wrong, and the posts continued to question my comments.  So fuck off calling me a liar.   Cabal 101 shit right there captainC.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Fuck You 3

Here's a general shout out to the cabal regarding my OP, and subsequent posts, and responses. Fuck you.

I was incorrect about water being given to folks in a voting line, and immediately stated so. That wasn't good enough for the collective. I answered questions that for some reason a poster felt I was required to answer, and I posted general questions, and comments regarding that issue, the collective conveniently ignored because they don't fit into their, narrow, bizarre notions of the world, where you'd gladly have one party rule if you had the opportunity.  

Ya'll have a good day in the circle jerk, try not to get too much on your hands.

• Fuck You 1

46 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Here's a general shout out to the cabal regarding my OP, and subsequent posts, and responses. Fuck you.

I was incorrect about water being given to folks in a voting line, and immediately stated so. That wasn't good enough for the collective. I answered questions that for some reason a poster felt I was required to answer, and I posted general questions, and comments regarding that issue, the collective conveniently ignored because they don't fit into their, narrow, bizarre notions of the world, where you'd gladly have one party rule if you had the opportunity.  

Ya'll have a good day in the circle jerk, try not to get too much on your hands.

Goodbye GIF

See you in three months when we do this all over again. But don’t worry it will still be everyone else’s fault.

Anyone who uses the word cabal is a nutjob.

What was the radio station you were listening to?
  • Haha 1

The cabal:   waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh somebody said something we don't like.  

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah.  

Waaaaaaaahhhh Their acknowledgement of their error wasn't enough.   

We'll give him a piece of our minds. Waaaaaaaaahh quick somebody jerk my e dick.

waaaaaaaahhh, and the circle jerk goes round and round....

Again, a hardy fuck you to all who care to neg away.  It might affect my life, but them again maybe it won't... acting the role of grand inquisitors doesn't really fit you boys well.

On 4/21/2021 at 8:21 PM, Ridingtosunset said:

This is a thread to discuss the obvious lack of tolerance we have now for opinions with which we don't agree. I have no delusions this will remain civil, thus the need for the discussion. 

I'm looking for discussion on how we got here, social media? politics? wealth inequality? mental health? How do we fix it and can it be fixed? 

My thoughts are we've been manipulated to this point by a) politicians who benefit from dividing and securing voting blocs b) media that feeds on division and hate c) social media that has desensitized and isolated us from real relationships with others d) our own vanity 

I'm not going to read all the way through this slaughter. I'll just say that I think people such as the op got pissy as the room cleared of people nodding along with things that became self-evidently untrue. The right doesn't stand for fiscal responsibility. The right doesn't stand for individual liberty (they go after gays, blacks, women, illusory libs as enemies of the state whenever it suits their political ends). The right could give a shit about even the most basic foundations of the republic.

Those once on the right believing those things chose to believe their own eyes instead. They took a hard thoughtful look and had the fortitude to abandon something they'd beieved was righteous. They left the room and the building.

Now people like the OP, true adherents like face-painting pro sports fans, don't understand why more people don't agree with them. They argue the old dogma without reflection. They've added their former party members to the enemies list. They're all ebil libs if they don't stand with me and the sainted Rush Limbaugh.

Abandon the assumption that you are right about everything and that those who disagree with you are, by definition, wrong, and you just might wake up to a more plausible reality. Or you can stay in the room you're accustomed to and just keep weeping and wanking.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah.  

We'll give him a piece of our minds. Waaaaaaaaahh quick somebody jerk my e dick.

Again, a hardy fuck you to all who care to neg away.  It might affect my life, but them again maybe it won't... acting the role of grand inquisitors doesn't really fit you boys well.

Wahhhhh a group of people who completely dismantle my world view on the regular are calling me out for it so I call them a cabal because then it seems like they're just out to get me because evil-libcuck-tifas, instead of allowing myself to be introspective realizing I'm some dipshit parroting talking points, living in an alternate reality. 

"Wahhhhhh" fits you real well

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
*what roma said

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah.  
Ok, Boomer.
  • Haha 2

Well, I’m gonna go back to one of OB’s points. I see the “Fuck you - the media is 100% right?” by OB quoted, but could not find it. Not gonna go back 200 posts.

But last night on MSNBC I heard one of Joy Reid’s guests refer to the shooting of the knife wielding teen as a ‘murder’. Which is bullshit. I mean, as a former civil rights attorney I had several cop shoot knife wielding citizen cases, and have a really good idea about the standards and best practices in that scenario. It was a justified shoot according to experts I retained in other cases. The proximity of the knife wielder to a possible victim allowed no other choice. One second later the other person might have been fatally stabbed or seriously cut. And they’d be blaming the cop for letting it happen.

Now, I hate that MSNBC did not slam that as soon as it was said. I have in fact seen several MSNBC guests/experts say it was a proper shoot. So OnBoard does what the right does - take one person’s opinion as some universal catechism of how liberals think and what we believe.

OnBoard can’t discriminate between opinion (even when different and opposing opinions are made from left-ish sources) from fact based statements. His false statement was about a pure fact - the Georgia voter law. That is easily discoverable by a 1 minute Google search. The statements he refers to about whether the cop was justified in shooting was an opinion. That some emotional black guest refers to it as murder due to the unfortunate timing of the thing - and the seemingly endless cop shootings - is incorrect but understandable. The fact that OPINION was incorrect was pointed out by some black police expert on a different show.

Point is, the MSNBC guest did not say that the girl was 30 feet from any potential victim when the cop shot. THAT would be an analogy to OnBoards misstatement of fact. Which is all to say, I’ve noticed that many current Trump/MAGA/GOP types do that - counter claims that their facts are wrong with examples of the other side holding opinions they think are wrong. In their world opinions are equal to naked facts. So facts that refute their opinion are ignored.

Anyway, just my observation. And why discussing things with people who see no difference between opinion and fact is seldom going to change their minds.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, YChang said:

So those of y’all in the cabal... what’s membership fees like? Pretty reasonable? Cool t-shirts? When and where’s happy hour?

See the thing is the first rule about the cabal is no one talks about the cabal. The second rule is no one talks about the cabal. The third rule is that you have to be invited and if any of us do it in public on a board like this one, we’d have to kill you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Why are you here?

6 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

See the thing is the first rule about the cabal is no one talks about the cabal. The second rule is no one talks about the cabal. The third rule is that you have to be invited and if any of us do it in public on a board like this one, we’d have to kill you.

Sorry, can't resist.

Just now, Bullneck said:

Yeah he’s serving time on the inside for strenuously objecting to private healthcare and the military industrial complex. Good with a presser, tho. Just don’t go near him with any Limbaugh quotes or he’ll throw a book at your ass.

48 minutes ago, YChang said:

So those of y’all in the cabal... what’s membership fees like? Pretty reasonable? Cool t-shirts? When and where’s happy hour?

The membership fees are kinda steep, but it does get you big discounts on baby blood, so it pretty much pays for itself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Ahhhhhhh circle jerk the wagons boys.  Look out it's trouble, there's something somebody said we  don't  like   very much !!  and, we're preeeeeetty sure they're conservative, sop that seals the deal.   We don't like that kind, and ........ we....... are......... peeved.  

Ahhhhhhhhh it's Cabal frenzy season ....(I'm trademarking that one.). And I have my own silk screen equipment, so operators will be standing by to take orders.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Ahhhhhhh circle jerk the wagons boys.  Look out it's trouble, there's something somebody said we  don't  like   very much !!  and, we're preeeeeetty sure they're conservative, sop that seals the deal.   We don't like that kind, and ........ we....... are......... peeved.  

Ahhhhhhhhh it's Cabal frenzy season ....(I'm trademarking that one.). And I have my own silk screen equipment, so operators will be standing by to take orders.

Sorry. Swammy already owns the media and copyright rights with respect to “surly liberal cabal.” Or at least his internet estate does. May he RIP.

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah.  

You talk the talk.

Do you walk the walk?

Wooooooooooooo

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You left out the part where you trolled yourself because you forgot to login to your sock account.

Piss off, fuckboi. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 10:41 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

What's your problem ?  You think your news sources are 100% accurate all the time ?  They get every fact correct ?  I've already addressed that issue. The NYT gets shit wrong, and when they actually do fess up it's buried on page 12. So you can stop you holier than shit.

No news source gets it right all the time. Whether Ga allows water to be given on line isn't going to change my life or yours or the voter on line.  The reasons for that issue are well established thru the years.

My OP was not a declaration that it was fact. it was me just saying I heard differently. Oh no... oh no !!  I should be put in a re eduction camp, and the radio program should be banished .. Sorry, but if you think your sources are always right you're a friggin child who should get a better helmet before you hit the slopes next season.

Here's a list of NYTimes controversies.  All 23 since 1848.   They print newspapers every day of the year for quite a few decades.  Which ones do you have a problem with?

Contents
1    New York City’s hushed-up lead poisoning epidemic of 1848 to 1992
2    The Russian Revolution, 1917–1920
3    Los Alamos investigation
4    The 1619 Project
5    Anthrax attacks
6    Staff Resignations
6.1    Jayson Blair
6.2    Judith Miller
6.2.1    Second Iraq War
6.2.2    Valerie Plame affair
7    National Security Agency revelations delayed
8    MoveOn.org ad controversy
9    Corporate-influence concerns
10    Duke University lacrosse case reporting
11    John McCain-lobbyist article criticism
12    Alessandra Stanley errors
13    Anti-Indian sentiment
14    Abu Huzaifa al-Kanadi
15    Publishing leaked photos from the Manchester bombing
16    Putin-Trump kiss cartoon
17    Hiring of Sarah Jeong
18    Coverage of the Holocaust
19    Accusations of anti-Semitism
19.1    Anti-Semitic cartoons
19.2    Anti-Semitic political editor
20    Delayed publication of 2005 NSA warrantless surveillance story
21    M.I.A. quotes out of context (2009–10)
22    Irish student controversy (2015)
23    Nail salon series (2015)
24    See also
25    References
26    External links

• Hook 'Em 1