Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

If he's trying to say that it's Ewers, I'm not sure why he'd have that kind of inside info 

Not saying he IS saying it's Ewers, but I'd imagine a lot of the 995rs who do get info are getting a lot off of these kids who all talk. But yah, probably not Ewers.

6 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

He might be talking about Nicco Marchiol. FSU got AJ Duffy and probably doesn't care if Marchiol decommits.

Possible. I know Marchiol did have a Pedd State offer, but was he ever considered a possibility to go there? Curious, because I'd lean toward there being a connection to Pedd State and the QB this kid is talking about, though obviously there doesn't have to be.

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Possible. I know Marchiol did have a Pedd State offer, but was he ever considered a possibility to go there? Curious, because I'd lean toward there being a connection to Pedd State and the QB this kid is talking about, though obviously there doesn't have to be.

What happened to the Uncle Buck I knew? Smh it’s Ewers baby!

queue up the it’s happening gif 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't think so. Yurcich targeted Drew Allar and got him, and I think they're done at QB. It looks like Marchiol has OVs lined up at MSU and WV, but has nothing scheduled in Tallahassee (he never interacted with any FSU commits/targets when they had their Midnight Madness thing yesterday). He probably knows Duffy is just flat out better than him tbqh

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Being over a generational type QB recruit is idiotic. Imagine being “over” a Trevor Lawrence or a Vince Young. 

Obviously we should all care a great deal where he ends up, but I'm firmly in the camp of "wake me up on signing day" regarding Ewers. There's going to be a constant stream of these little rumors and innuendos until the ink is dry. There's no point in following every little thing, it's all just to generate clicks or Twitter likes due to the nature of the situation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

I don't think so. Yurcich targeted Drew Allar and got him, and I think they're done at QB. It looks like Marchiol has OVs lined up at MSU and WV, but has nothing scheduled in Tallahassee (he never interacted with any FSU commits/targets when they had their Midnight Madness thing yesterday). He probably knows Duffy is just flat out better than him tbqh

They also already have a QB2

https://247sports.com/Player/Beau-Pribula-46078791/

(Super K) Jacob Sexton Setting up a Visit

Spoiler

Texas is still looking to land their first 2022 offensive line target. Among the targets is 4-star OT, Jacob Sexton (Edmond, OK).

Although Sexton is from Oklahoma, his father is originally from Texas and grew up a Texas fan. So, Sexton has some split loyalties around him.

Texas did make Sexton’s top five which also included Alabama, OU, TAMU and Okie State.

Sexton has his official visit to Alabama set for this upcoming weekend.

He tells me that he is working on setting up his official visit to Texas and will announce that day in the next few days. My guess is he will be at Texas for the big weekend of June 18th-20th. The Sooners have their big weekend on that same weekend but I get the sense that he is more likely to be at Texas that weekend.

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

Texas is still looking to land their first 2022 offensive line target. Among the targets is 4-star OT, Jacob Sexton (Edmond, OK).

Although Sexton is from Oklahoma, his father is originally from Texas and grew up a Texas fan. So, Sexton has some split loyalties around him.

Texas did make Sexton’s top five which also included Alabama, OU, TAMU and Okie State.

He tells me that he is working on setting up his official visit to Texas and will announce that day in the next few days. My guess is he will be at Texas for the big weekend of June 18th-20th. The Sooners have their big weekend on that same weekend but I get the sense that he is more likely to be at Texas that weekend.

Well him being a Texas legacy changes the vibe of that recruitment considerably. 

EDIT: Nevermind, just a fan.

Edited by texifornia

6 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Yah, they're definitely not getting 79 yards in 5-6 seconds, simple 40 time math tells me that. What I was meaning to explain, is that it might take that receiver 5-6 seconds to get to the point on the field where when the QB does release the ball it can hit them in stride at 79 yds. Basically trying to explain/figure out how long at minimum the QB has to hold the ball before throwing. 6 seconds is a long time, and especially so given that you've got to maximize all of your body perfectly to get it that far, so you can't be scrambling away to the oppo sideline and throwing 79 yards across your body, etc... It has to be nearly perfect.

Obviously this is all a bit nit-picky on my part, as there aren't going to be many 79 yard routes (which is kinda the point). But obviously 79 yards for a junior in HS is impressive. That's big arm NFL QB shit right there.

Edited 6 hours ago by UncleBuck

Where's Huckleberry when we need him? 

He could figure this thing down to the millisecond. 

Gerry

Spoiler

Inside Texas is adding another four-star prospect to the June 25-27 official visitor list. EDGE prospect J’mond Tapp (Ascension Catholic/Donaldsville, LA) is scheduled to be in Austin for the last official visit weekend of the month.

While the Longhorns are currently considered to be trailing LSU, Florida, Georgia and Alabama in the race for the 6-foot-3, 245-pounder, the connections of Bo Davis and defensive analyst Cordae Hankton are at work here.

Tapp is not likely to be the last defensive line prospect from the Pelican State to make a visit to Texas in June. Texas is also in talks with nose guard Shone Washington (Warren Easton/New Orleans) with the possibility of setting up a June official visit.

Then there is fast rising 2022 defensive end Quency Wiggins (Madison Prep/Baton Rouge). The 6-foot-6, 265-pounder with a very high ceiling is scheduled to make an unofficial visit to Texas the third week of June. This weekend, Wiggins is scheduled to be at Ole Miss for an unofficial visit, and is also scheduled to be at Auburn for an OV June 25-27. LSU, FSU and Baylor are also in the mix.

And it’s never to early to chat about a 2025 prospect that will make an unofficial visit with Wiggins, especially when the prospect is 6-foot-6, 260-pounds entering the ninth grade. That would defensive lineman Tyron Winslow, who will attend H.L. Bourgeois.

At 12:28pm today Inside Texas broke the news that Bishop Moore (Orlando, FL) 2022 defensive tackle prospect Bishop Thomas is scheduled to make an official visit to Texas this weekend.

After speaking with a source with knowledge of the 6-foot-2, 290-pounders recruitment, the Longhorns are very much in the hunt to win this recruitment.

While Thomas was in Tallahassee Tuesday, and is scheduled to be back June 25-27 for an official visit, the Longhorns have made a strong move behind the work of Davis and Hankton. Thomas recently chatted with Texas freshman Barryn Sorrell about the university and football program, and that has Thomas’ interest piqued. Thomas moved to Orlando from New Orleans prior to the 2020 season after playing as a freshman and sophomore at St. Augustine High.

Well him being a Texas legacy changes the vibe of that recruitment considerably. 
I wouldnt quite call that a legacy, his dad grew up in Texas and was a fan, didnt say he attended UT. Having said that, our likely starting QB this season is a true BlowU legacy, so anything is possible.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Gerry

Hide contents

Inside Texas is adding another four-star prospect to the June 25-27 official visitor list. EDGE prospect J’mond Tapp (Ascension Catholic/Donaldsville, LA) is scheduled to be in Austin for the last official visit weekend of the month.

While the Longhorns are currently considered to be trailing LSU, Florida, Georgia and Alabama in the race for the 6-foot-3, 245-pounder, the connections of Bo Davis and defensive analyst Cordae Hankton are at work here.

Tapp is not likely to be the last defensive line prospect from the Pelican State to make a visit to Texas in June. Texas is also in talks with nose guard Shone Washington (Warren Easton/New Orleans) with the possibility of setting up a June official visit.

Then there is fast rising 2022 defensive end Quency Wiggins (Madison Prep/Baton Rouge). The 6-foot-6, 265-pounder with a very high ceiling is scheduled to make an unofficial visit to Texas the third week of June. This weekend, Wiggins is scheduled to be at Ole Miss for an unofficial visit, and is also scheduled to be at Auburn for an OV June 25-27. LSU, FSU and Baylor are also in the mix.

And it’s never to early to chat about a 2025 prospect that will make an unofficial visit with Wiggins, especially when the prospect is 6-foot-6, 260-pounds entering the ninth grade. That would defensive lineman Tyron Winslow, who will attend H.L. Bourgeois.

At 12:28pm today Inside Texas broke the news that Bishop Moore (Orlando, FL) 2022 defensive tackle prospect Bishop Thomas is scheduled to make an official visit to Texas this weekend.

After speaking with a source with knowledge of the 6-foot-2, 290-pounders recruitment, the Longhorns are very much in the hunt to win this recruitment.

While Thomas was in Tallahassee Tuesday, and is scheduled to be back June 25-27 for an official visit, the Longhorns have made a strong move behind the work of Davis and Hankton. Thomas recently chatted with Texas freshman Barryn Sorrell about the university and football program, and that has Thomas’ interest piqued. Thomas moved to Orlando from New Orleans prior to the 2020 season after playing as a freshman and sophomore at St. Augustine High.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jmond-Tapp-46059353/

https://247sports.com/Player/Quency-Wiggins-46109451/

https://247sports.com/Player/Bishop-Thomas-46111702/

46 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Gerry

Hide contents

Let's hope Ogre graduates to better things this year.

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dammit I was walking my dog and read alum, not fan. I am a dingus.

If you don't mind spelling it with a "y", then here's the day for you.

(At around the 1:20 mark, the narrator expounds on the genteel, charming traditions of Tex's day ... )

42 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I wouldnt quite call that a legacy, his dad grew up in Texas and was a fan, didnt say he attended UT. Having said that, our likely starting QB this season is a true BlowU legacy, so anything is possible.

I’m not aware that Card’s father played at OU. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Machinator said:

Gerry on Patton

Hide contents

Jeremy Patton told IT that he is no longer making the OV to Oklahoma State June 9-11. Told them they were out.

Michigan June 11 and Baylor June 18 still scheduled

Huh, they were supposed to be our biggest competition.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting