Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Texas is a state of mind. Geography wise, the hill country is nice. However, the rest of the state is a barren wasteland. The coast is nice until you live there with 95% humidity and realize it sucks 9 months out of the year.

If you travel and see much of the US, you realize other than the state of mind, there's not much appealing to Texas. I'm moving to the mountains out west somewhere. I'm old enough that blind homerism isn't enough to keep me living someplace when I KNOW there are tons of other places which are MUCH nicer. I don't care what state is on my address. I care about being somewhere where I can enjoy outside activities and scenery.

I can assure you that South Padre Island does not suck nine months of the year.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

you're a TamBrham? I knew you were Indian, didn't realize you were south indian.

Not a tambram. My parents were from AP but never really bothered to teach me the language. I've been to Chennai a few times. That whole south-AP north-TN area around Tirupati is ridiculously humid, there's nothing really comparable in the Western hemisphere until you start getting down into the Latin American forests.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Not a tambram. My parents were from AP but never really bothered to teach me the language. I've been to Chennai a few times. That whole south-AP north-TN area around Tirupati is ridiculously humid, there's nothing really comparable in the Western hemisphere until you start getting down into the Latin American forests.

My pops is from AP as well! Definitely felt like walking through a swimming pool every time we visited. The couple of times I’ve been to the Amazon, it at least was somewhat breezy. South India is just weirdly sticky with dead air.

4 minutes ago, Octavian said:

My pops is from AP as well! Definitely felt like walking through a swimming pool every time we visited. The couple of times I’ve been to the Amazon, it at least was somewhat breezy. South India is just weirdly sticky with dead air.

Mumbai is sticky too. Most of Indian peninsula is sort of like that. That's why the Brits developed the "hill station" concept all over  the place, to escape the heat by going into the mountains wherever possible.

I still absolutely hate Houston area for its almost year-round humidity, with July/August being super stifling. Philly is muggy too but just not to the same level. Plus, we get to enjoy at least 4 distinct seasons throughout the year, which is actually a nice feel once you get used to it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

On the downside, Eagles fans.

No kidding! They bring a lot of emotion but can be some of the trashiest folks too.  Philly as a whole is a rabid sports town... "Broad Street Bullies" is a nickname for the Flyers but might as well be for their fans too. And the Sixers are following "the process" for years now but watch out if they get any better. Phillies fans are ok though.

Iggles fans busted for making out in a mens bathroom stall in Carolina Panthers stadium this past weekend.

29 minutes ago, hobbs said:

Well shit, once again I saw a significant page jump and hoped it was actual recruiting news of some type.  Instead, this time, it's f'n geography fest/humidity talk.

Can we get back to cheese, BBQ and Horseshoe Bay curtains already?

Don't worry, it's for the greater gouda.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

No kidding! They bring a lot of emotion but can be some of the trashiest folks too.  Philly as a whole is a rabid sports town... "Broad Street Bullies" is a nickname for the Flyers but might as well be for their fans too. And the Sixers are following "the process" for years now but watch out if they get any better. Phillies fans are ok though.

Iggles fans busted for making out in a mens bathroom stall in Carolina Panthers stadium this past weekend.

Probably the nicest place he’s ever taken her.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Lou_Sassle said:

I was here for work and decided I wanted to be a fucking regard and marry a local. Long story short, the bitch cheated on me with my son's scout master, we got divorced, and I'm stuck here at least until my 8 yr old turns 18. 

At least the scenery is nice this time of year. 

Probably should have put it all together when you had the only eight year old Eagle Scout in the state.

Edited by BurntUp
  • Haha 4

Anyone know if Arch likes PA or PNW? Cause who gives a fuck cause he's landing in Austin, baby! This kid loves Sark and knows he'll be in good hands. Kid will be the face of the program, and that shit will be program changing (no shit, right?). We'll get Owens back, and I guess Cook (don't know how good he is, tbh), but I assume this kid will bring some linemen who aren't pussies with him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

Mumbai is sticky too. Most of Indian peninsula is sort of like that. That's why the Brits developed the "hill station" concept all over  the place, to escape the heat by going into the mountains wherever possible.

I still absolutely hate Houston area for its almost year-round humidity, with July/August being super stifling. Philly is muggy too but just not to the same level. Plus, we get to enjoy at least 4 distinct seasons throughout the year, which is actually a nice feel once you get used to it.

Honestly, why is he getting down-votes for contributing to a thread about geography? Yeah he's a fuck face for being an aggy, but it's not like he's done anything wrong other than choose to be an aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Anyone know if Arch likes PA or PNW? Cause who gives a fuck cause he's landing in Austin, baby! This kid loves Sark and knows he'll be in good hands. Kid will be the face of the program, and that shit will be program changing (no shit, right?). We'll get Owens back, and I guess Cook (don't know how good he is, tbh), but I assume this kid will bring some linemen who aren't pussies with him. 

The BROCKERMEYER TWINS!!!!! (Read as THE ARISTOCRATS)

Edited by THUJONE
  • Haha 6

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting