Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

15 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

This continued discussion of a kid who hasn’t played a down of college football, and doesn’t appear to be a mental titan, coming in and resolving our QB situation is another sad reflection of just how desperate we’ve become.

Graduating a year early, getting a million to do so, and getting a 1 year head start to NFL money seem like smart moves to me. Just because he didn't choose Texas and has beautiful hair doesn't make him dumb.

• Like 2

Have been watching other games more closely the last two weekends. It sure seems like a lot of programs have stronger faster players, including Baylor, Tennessee, TCU, and other programs that supposedly don’t have as good talent as Texas. Something isn’t adding up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Have been watching other games more closely the last two weekends. It sure seems like a lot of programs have stronger faster players, including Baylor, Tennessee, TCU, and other programs that supposedly don’t have as good talent as Texas. Something isn’t adding up. 

Players giving a shit and playing with passion... Bear and Tech defenders flying around the field today !!! 

Tech leads 28 - 7 over  Clones

Edited by LTtxfan

50 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Players giving a shit and playing with passion... Bear and Tech defenders flying around the field today !!! 

Tech leads 28 - 7 over  Clones

I am giving Campbell the Charlie Weiss Coaching award for the worst coaching job in the BIg 12. What a terrible season for preseason #7 team with 7-8 All Big 12 preseason players and team that averages about 32 years old. This is exactly why you always should go to bigger program when you get the chance 

Edited by Codaxx

16 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I am giving Campbell the Charlie Weiss Coaching award for the worst coaching job in the BIg 12. What a terrible season for preseason #7 team with 7-8 All Big 12 preseason players and team that averages about 32 years old. This is exactly why you always should go to bigger program when you get the chance 

Maybe I’m imagining it but it seems when Texas loses to a team in the Big12, they seem to play poorly the next week.

Baylor and Iowa State this year are good examples this year (still early on ISU though).  

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

This is our concern Dude. 

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

You don't say? It's not just talent, continuity also plays a role. When you're confident in what to do in a given situation and you've done it for years, muscle memory kicks in and you play quicker and faster.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Maybe I’m imagining it but it seems when Texas loses to a team in the Big12, they seem to play poorly the next week.

Baylor and Iowa State this year are good examples this year (still early on ISU though).  

ISU lost the week before and after. You can’t do that. 

4 hours ago, bar said:

Graduating a year early, getting a million to do so, and getting a 1 year head start to NFL money seem like smart moves to me. Just because he didn't choose Texas and has beautiful hair doesn't make him dumb.

Wasn't insinuating he's dumb, but you on the other hand... I was referring to his mental toughness.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi

Well, if we thought we were going to be fired up by Bo Davis’ speech with a chance to beat on a weak Kansas team and to rebound recruiting….we might need to readjust our expectations. At this point I’m not even sure we should have recruits at our games anymore. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I hate to say it because its terrible for the players but PK gotta go.

It's a bad marriage of scheme and roster. We won't likely get enough competent linebackers to do it successfully. Playing a simple defense will get torched by good teams, but we need to just focus on handling teams like Kansas.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Well, if we thought we were going to be fired up by Bo Davis’ speech with a chance to beat on a weak Kansas team and to rebound recruiting….we might need to readjust our expectations. At this point I’m not even sure we should have recruits at our games anymore. 

Stop blaming the corches. Sark didn't inherit enough talent to beat a 1-8 Kansas squad that's lost 18 straight Big 12 games and ranks second-to-last in the FBS in scoring.

Or something.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/12/2021 at 2:46 PM, Js1 said:

Texas was not in a great position to take advantage of the portal because of how late Sark was hired after Urbs jacked us off and didn't finish.

On 11/12/2021 at 3:53 PM, Tex-19 said:

Yeah I don't blame the coaches for not getting more from the portal last year. They got here late and more importantly they didn't fully know what they had on the roster.

Leipold was hired three months after Sark. He went and grabbed no fewer than 12 transfers from the portal, and is currently beating Sark 35-14 with nine of those transfers in the two-deep.

What's the next round of excuses?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Wow. Someone might look at this game and say it’s all player mistakes, but what they will completely miss is the ridiculous offensive and defensive game plans that make no sense whatsoever. This program is in deep deep shit. 

I mean the offense has moved the ball but has had 3 damn turnovers which isn't really game plan. 

Defense - all suck all around

The real problem is that this team has flat-out quit. We shouldn't need some incredible game plan against fucking Kansas. And yes, that is on the coaches. I am not excusing them one bit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Hell....do we keep any of our own decent players.

Would you fault Bijan for hitting the portal at this point....Sadly I wouldn't....

If Bijan and Worthy care about their futures, they'll leave for greener pastures. At this point I question anyone who wants to be a part of this bullshit. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I mean the offense has moved the ball but has had 3 damn turnovers which isn't really game plan. 

Defense - all suck all around

The real problem is that this team has flat-out quit. We shouldn't need some incredible game plan against fucking Kansas. And yes, that is on the coaches. I am not excusing them one bit.

You have two below average QB’s, one of whom is injured and the other who is a completely inexperienced redshirt freshman, and you think it’s reasonable to plant them in the pocket, throw downfield, with a collapsing offense line, just so they can either get stripped or pick sixed over and over?

Meanwhile, we watch Baylor hammer the run game down OU’s throat with a QB that is no better than ours. They never put the Baylor QB in situations where he’d make big mistakes.

Player mistakes are more likely to happen when they are put in positions where they don’t have the capabilities to be successful.  The coaches have to use the talent they have in a way to get the job done, not just blindly implement their schemes, even though they don’t have the talent to execute it. PK is doing the same thing on defense. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Dumpster Fire Notes 2022 - Drunk & Disorderly
12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

He’s a drunk and a loser. There’s never been anything to indicate he would be successful. Only a fucktard AD would have hired him. 

There's plenty to criticize without the drunk stuff.  Sark fought that battle and beat it, God bless him for that.  Whatever is happening on the field has nothing to do with his drinking or not drinking.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting