Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, C-Man said:

I actually don't disagree. If we finish 4-8 and struggle again next year with Thompson/Card as our QB1/QB2, I could see that being the end of the line.

I know we have the money. I just think firing a coach after a year or two -- minus cause -- will have a deleterious effect on the pool of candidates to take the job next.

without injuries, if Thompson or Card are the starting QBs next year they need to fire Sark quickly. they are very, very, very clearly not the answer.

the impact on the pool of candidates should be to say the want more guaranteed money, which they will all want anyway and which Texas will pay because if they don't someone else will.

Just now, C-Man said:

I actually don't disagree. If we finish 4-8 and struggle again next year with Thompson/Card as our QB1/QB2, I could see that being the end of the line.

I know we have the money. I just think firing a coach after a year or two -- minus cause -- will have an deleterious effect on the pool of candidates to take the job next.

I dont have any inside information here, but I have to assume that the most likely scenario is Card is fucking gonezo, and we'll bring in a portal guy.

Listen, the amount of money it would take to fire this staff is what, 50 million dollars? Coming right after committing to pay out Herman? I don't actually think we have the money to fire everyone. And yes, we'll be a laughingstock if we do, and I'm not sure what these fucks up top have demonstrated to you that they'll get the next hire right, out of which candidates?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

IT Scoop:

Recruiting Matters

One loss usually doesn't move the needle for a recruit, but after five, the overwhelming sentiment is still positive amongst UT recruits. They seem to understand this is all part of the rebuilding process.

Austin Westlake OL, UT pledge Connor Robertson, on what he'd say to the Texas fans: “What I would say is this; To look at the reality of the Texas Football program in the last 20 years-ish, they just have been down. This whole deal with coach Sarkisian and the staff isn’t going take one year. This is a multi-year development. And as much as no one involved with Texas Football wants to hear it, we just have to be patient. I firmly believe Sark is the guy. We just need some key pieces and we need everyone to buy-in fully and just get the program back to where it was. The team has to start hating to lose more than they love to win. I think the main message for recruits right now is just to see that they can come in and help change the program right away. And for the most part, get a legit shot to contribute right away. I’m Texas forever. Never leaving. And I won’t give up on the recruits. We will turn this around.”

[We often say current recruits are too young to remember Vince Young, and Robertson *really* proves that. It’s only been 11 years]

Frisco OL, Texas commit Cole Hutson: "Stay the course. It’s not about stats, it’s not about shine at the end of the day. You want to make an impact somewhere where the coaches are going to build you and build around you. That's what you are going to get at UT, you come here to work. It’s a business decision."

Aledo safety, Texas commit BJ Allen: “I see it what it can be. It's just going to be hard work getting it there. Hopefully the 2022 class can come in and make an immediate impact.”

The Visitors

QB Devin Brown, Canyon Corner (Draper, UT) (USC): The 6-foot-3, 180-pound passer made his way to Austin on Friday and came away impressed. The On3 Consensus No. 59 signal-caller thoroughly enjoyed his trip. Brown sees what a lot of 2022s are seeing — the opportunity to come in and play early. Brown loves Sarkisian's offense and style of play, and after the KU game, sees a chance to make an impact. Brown will likely make a decision after seeing Ohio State. That visit to Columbus should happen over the next weekend or two, and despite his current USC commitment, it's safe to say Ohio State might be UT's biggest obstacle.

RB Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy (TEXAS): The record-breaking tailback from UT's Class of 2022 wasn't able to make it on Saturday, per his family. Miller wants to use his last official visit, and Nebraska is still the likely spot, but after a win over Garland in which he became his high school’s all time leading rusher, Miller is focused on Cedar Hill in the second round. Nebraska was on-hand for his game Friday night, and reached out to Miller's family. Alabama remains the primary concern. Miller tells IT he's eager to sign and enroll early. Texas just has to keep Nick Saban away for another month.

OL Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie: He finally made it for his UT official visit and if early playing time wasn't on the table, it certainly is now. For the five-star, it was an opportunity to see that his quickest path to the football field might be in Austin. Alabama, OU, and LSU will be on his heels for the next month, but the Horns' sales pitch of an open depth chart keeps grabbing his attention. Georgia is expected to receive the final official visit. One offensive line target in attendance didn’t get a feel from Campbell which way he was leaning. The feel from the prospect to prospect conversation was Campbell has not made up his mind. Campbell is scheduled to announce his decision January 2 at the Under Armour All-America Game.

OL Kam Dewberry, Humble Atascocita: The top 100 prospect in the On3 Consensus is an interesting recruitment. The family prefers in-state, with Texas A&M favored over Texas in recent weeks. Dewberry himself is thought to be an Oklahoma lean by other offensive line prospects. Dewberry is entertaining the idea of the most immediate playing time, which he’d find in Austin. A decision is a month away.

OL Cam Williams, Duncanville (OREGON): The giant tackle from Duncanville slid into Austin for the game on Saturday. Those close to Williams say he's happy with his current Oregon pledge, but the UT staff is still pushing. There's a belief Texas will continue to pursue Williams until he inks on NSD.

OL Kelvin Banks, Humble Summer Creek: Banks has relayed to people close to him that he had fun on the visit over the weekend. The On3 Consensus 5-star has told people close to him that Texas provides an opportunity to start as a freshman. He has asked people in his circle how far they believe Texas is from being a good team.

LB Harold Perkins, Cypress Park: Perkins was back in Austin for a third time this season. The Longhorns are strongly selling the ability to play a lot from day one. Texas A&M continues to feel good about this recruitment. Jimbo Fisher is personally recruiting Perkins, the same way he did Bryce Anderson. The LSU coaching hire looms large we believe.

DB Jaylon Guilbeau, Port Arthur Memorial: Guilbeau was back in Austin Saturday. A source close to the recruitment doesn’t believe Guilbeau ends up in the Texas class, as of Sunday afternoon. TCU or Houston is the likely landing spot if Texas doesn’t push.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

As others have referenced, I'm interested in seeing someone present a thoughtful, legitimate defense of either the hire in the first place or what we're witnessing now. Or, hell, someone attempt to do both. Hell, I need something to entertain me and mauling some shit like that could do the trick.

Ask me this question in 2 years and I will answer you honestly.

43 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Just about any other candidate was better than the guy who was last a head coach six/seven years ago, was fired for cause, tried to sue USC for daring to fire him for showing up drunk to work, never even dropped the lawsuit and eventually lost it years later after he had supposedly matured, and who generally had no noteworthy success ever in his career except as OC for Carroll’s USC and Saban’s Alabama - where all of their coordinators have success no matter who they are.

But if you want more specific names than “everyone”:

Brian Kelly

Luke Fickell

Mario Cristobal

Brian Harsin

Matt Campbell

Mike Gundy

Chris Klieman

James Franklin

PJ Fleck

Sonny Dykes

Jeff Traylor

Billy Napier

Josh Heupel

Kyle Whittingham

Mark Stoops

Any NFL head coach or former head coach except Jeff Fisher or Lovie Smith

Any NFL coordinator with a better record than Sark in the NFL (which is most of them)

John Mackovic

Alf

Again, not defending the hire as much as trying to set the bar for the realistic alternatives. I think a lot of your options were not realistic.

IMO guys who would never come as either like where they are or covet other spots:
  Brian Kelly
  Mario Cristobal
  Luke Fickell
  James Franklin
  PJ Fleck
  Matt Campbell
  Kyle Whittingham - record since 2011 was "ok" and less than comforting, think he would say no anyways

Don't think ever would really be considered then by Texas:
  Jeff Traylor - no HC experience and Texas hiring him? (would have liked, but never going to happen without prior HC experience)
  Mark Stoops - we complain about Sarks HC record and then he's an option, record was below .500 at time on 5-6 season?

Realistic alternatives at the time:
  Bryan Harsin - solid
  Mike Gundy - would he leave? maybe
  Chris Klieman - 12-11 record as HC in power conference and just went 4-6 and Texas would do that??
  Sonny Dykes - solid
  Billy Napier - would love, feel like he's eying other options he knows will open at the time, a maybe
  Josh Heupel - solid
  John Mackovic
  Alf - out of this world option, but too old, kids today wouldn't relate

Any NFL coordinator with a better record than Sark in the NFL (which is most of them)

We obviously took the Saban tree route like many other successful programs hoping it would pan out for us too. Only explanation I can come up with.

13 minutes ago, Chopper said:

There's a weird sort of confirmation bias that can occur when someone whom everyone agrees is a total imbecile with zero credibility (Herbstreit) happens to agree with you on one particular matter. I don't know if that type of confirmation bias has a specific name but I've noticed it before and have seen it multiple times in this thread.

I totally agree with you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He physically looks checked out when he's in the games as of late...

I think the last couple of games did it. Whether he was checked out before, who knows or gives a shit. But he legit came into Kansas, had opportunities and shit all over himself in the same manner he has all season, once again showing no improvement like every other member of this team not named Xavier Worthy. It was obvious the staff was dying for him to take the reins and he didn't, and they had to re-insert Thompson. Again. Couple that with the shit we're hearing behind the scenes that the staff has gone from stanning Card all off-season to thinking he's a nutless wonder who is never going to have it, or get it, and I fail to see how he doesn't portal. We're only keeping one, and of the one it's obvious Thompson will win again, imo. Card will be playing for UH or TCU next season, if I had to guess. And that's all this is, but it's hard looking at that guy and thinking he's going to figure it out after all these chances. Also, he looks like offspring of an overwhelmed, slack jawed village idiot and a literal deer in the headlights every time he enters a game.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think the last couple of games did it. Whether he was checked out before, who knows or gives a shit. But he legit came into Kansas, had opportunities and shit all over himself in the same manner he has all season, once again showing no improvement like every other member of this team not named Xavier Worthy. It was obvious the staff was dying for him to take the reins and he didn't, and they had to re-insert Thompson. Again. Couple that with the shit we're hearing behind the scenes that the staff has gone from stanning Card all off-season to thinking he's a nutless wonder who is never going to have it, or get it, and I fail to see how he doesn't portal. We're only keeping one, and of the one it's obvious Thompson will win again, imo. Card will be playing for UH or TCU next season, if I had to guess. And that's all this is, but it's hard looking at that guy and thinking he's going to figure it out after all these chances. Also, he looks like offspring of an overwhelmed, slack jawed village idiot and a literal deer in the headlights every time he enters a game.  

image.png.8534b03a42cb61356ac0e9130e311da3.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Someone posted in 2023 thread that Anthony Hill and Jameel Johnson may reclassify to 2022 and enroll in summer. Hill is every bit as good as Perkins and could make a difference day one. 

I can list every person on the top 2022 and 2023 recruiting lists at every position except maybe RB, and can honestly say they could probably come into Texas and be an improvement on day 1. Of course, we're not getting most of those guys, and it's cute you think we're going to get Anthony Hill. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can list every person on the top 2022 and 2023 recruiting lists at every position except maybe RB, and can honestly say they could probably come into Texas and be an improvement on day 1. Of course, we're not getting most of those guys, and it's cute you think we're going to get Anthony Hill. 

I think that dude is the best defensive player in the 2022, 2023, and 2024 class. Sadly you're right.

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I dont have any inside information here, but I have to assume that the most likely scenario is Card is fucking gonezo, and we'll bring in a portal guy.

Listen, the amount of money it would take to fire this staff is what, 50 million dollars? Coming right after committing to pay out Herman? I don't actually think we have the money to fire everyone. And yes, we'll be a laughingstock if we do, and I'm not sure what these fucks up top have demonstrated to you that they'll get the next hire right, out of which candidates?  

I'm kind of in this camp.

Right now, nothing matters. Sark is going to get another year, and this staff is more than likely going to get another year. While we've had some awful, awful coaching, one really does have to wonder how we become the graveyard for coaches and for players. I don't think there's a single program in America which hires more up and coming or top of the mountain coaches and sees them fails. The laundry list is long at nearly every single position.

As for recruiting, what's the point? It's clear that we are not going to get the 5-Star players that actually make a difference as seen by our recruiting, and the players we do get are incredibly disappointing. At this point, who gives a shit if it is a 4 star that will inevitably peak as a freshmen or a 3 star that does an okay to below average job for us. 

College football is a sport that takes time to change, even with the changes to the portal. Right now, we are in for the ride for a few more years. Might as well save the buyout money and see if these coaches can actually do something as it would be a waste to fire PK, hire someone else installing a new scheme for god knows how many consecutive years, only to fire him next year when the staff inevitably leaves. 

This really is the lowest point of Texas football I've lived through. I honestly would welcome a death penalty for a few years than the laughing stock performances we get week in and week out. 

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Someone posted in 2023 thread that Anthony Hill and Jameel Johnson may reclassify to 2022 and enroll in summer. Hill is every bit as good as Perkins and could make a difference day one. 

text from @BurntOrange&White

Spoiler

IT Scoop:

A pair of 2023 prospects are entertaining the idea of reclassifying to the 2022 class and enrolling in their college of choice in June. One of those is On300 defensive back and Texas commit Jamel Johnson (Arlington, Texas/Seguin). The other is On300 top 100 EDGE/LB Anthony Hill (Denton, Texas/Ryan). Hill has Texas and Texas A&M among his top choices. IT wants to be clear that this does not mean both are definitely making the move to the 2022 class, but working towards the opportunity.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm believing the school administration above cdc,  whoever in the fuck they are,  don't give a shit about football except for the money it brings in.  

The bmds don't seem to have the fire in their belly to beat OU,  or Kansas for that matter and are not willing to get in the dirt to do what it takes to get the recruits we need. 

In the past DKR took care of that and they didn't have to worry about it except when money was needed for this or that. 

Since DKR we have hired 1/2 of a good coach,  good Mack,  and I believe we just lucked into that. Truth is we don't have anybody that knows how to hire a good coach.  

Add all that up and you have a 4 win football team that's going to the SEC to be a bottom dweller.  

We need administration,  coaches and players that will play the game.  In other words,  everything to get this going. 

I think I should be "scared to death" that's not going to happen.

6 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I'm believing the school administration above cdc,  whoever in the fuck they are,  don't give a shit about football except for the money it brings in.  

The bmds don't seem to have the fire in their belly to beat OU,  or Kansas for that matter and are not willing to get in the dirt to do what it takes to get the recruits we need. 

In the past DKR took care of that and they didn't have to worry about it except when money was needed for this or that. 

Since DKR we have hired 1/2 of a good coach,  good Mack,  and I believe we just lucked into that. Truth is we don't have anybody that knows how to hire a good coach.  

Add all that up and you have a 4 win football team that's going to the SEC to be a bottom dweller.  

We need administration,  coaches and players that will play the game.  In other words,  everything to get this going. 

I think I should be "scared to death" that's not going to happen.

I think Hartzell actually cares about winning. 

The BMD's are worthless, by and large.

DKR was directly responsible for the hiring of Mack Brown, and overruled Gary Barnett in favor or Mack. So thanks DKR.

Rest of your post I agree with, more or less. 

26 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Ask me this question in 2 years and I will answer you honestly.

I don't think I understand this statement, but I'm also not sure I care. I assume it's some sort of thinly veiled attempt to defend the coaches, as is your usual move.

25 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Again, not defending the hire as much as trying to set the bar for the realistic alternatives. I think a lot of your options were not realistic.

IMO guys who would never come as either like where they are or covet other spots:
  Brian Kelly
  Mario Cristobal
  Luke Fickell
  James Franklin
  PJ Fleck
  Matt Campbell
  Kyle Whittingham - record since 2011 was "ok" and less than comforting, think he would say no anyways

Don't think ever would really be considered then by Texas:
  Jeff Traylor - no HC experience and Texas hiring him? (would have liked, but never going to happen without prior HC experience)
  Mark Stoops - we complain about Sarks HC record and then he's an option, record was below .500 at time on 5-6 season?

Bryan Harsin - solid
  Chris Klieman - 12-11 record as HC in power conference and just went 4-6 and Texas would do that??
  Sonny Dykes - solid
  Billy Napier - would love, feel like he's eying other options he knows will open at the time, a maybe
  Josh Heupel - solid
  John Mackovic

We obviously took the Saban tree route like many other successful programs hoping it would pan out for us too. Only explanation I can come up with.

Almost anyone is realistic at the right price and with the right assurances. You and others who think otherwise were probably also laughing at ATM for thinking they were going to lure Fisher from FSU. The idea that Texas couldn't land Franklin is silly. Fickell? Fleck? They're holding out for better? 

It's all meaningless anyway. The people handling this shit didn't give Meyer the right assurances and then were apparently both certain and excited about Sarkisian. Maybe next time around, the assholes with money will make certain they CAN give the right assurances and therefore get the right guy. I doubt it, but that's only because I don't think Texas boosters will ever get desperate or depraved enough to do that. If I wind up as a billionaire, I'll try on all of our behalfs, so we've got that going for us, which is nice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Why don’t they just throw $12 mil+ at someone like Lincoln or Kirby? If they take it great, if they don’t you’re making that school pay more or match that offer

they don't even have to do that, Sexton uses an open HC gig at UT to do it anyways, whether it's serious or not

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Just about any other candidate was better than the guy who was last a head coach six/seven years ago, was fired for cause, tried to sue USC for daring to fire him for showing up drunk to work, never even dropped the lawsuit and eventually lost it years later after he had supposedly matured, and who generally had no noteworthy success ever in his career except as OC for Carroll’s USC and Saban’s Alabama - where all of their coordinators have success no matter who they are.

But if you want more specific names than “everyone”:

Brian Kelly

Luke Fickell

Mario Cristobal

Brian Harsin

Matt Campbell

Mike Gundy

Chris Klieman

James Franklin

PJ Fleck

Sonny Dykes

Jeff Traylor

Billy Napier

Josh Heupel

Kyle Whittingham

Mark Stoops

John Mackovic

Alf

I like this post.  other than Mark Stoops, Alf and Mackovic(I'll keep Traylor on it for now since he was talked about last year) every one of these guys could have been on the list last year.

question: if you add Steve Sarkisian's name to this list, where does he land?

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I decided to skip 4 of the last 6 pages because, well, this weekend happened. I should have known that not skipping all of the last 6 pages was a mistake. Gonna have to neg myself for being a stupid dipshit in that regard.

The fucking cognitive dissonance by some folks is off the charts. Personally, I'm all for keeping almost everyone. Why, you say? Because we're fucked either way. Might as well enjoy the fucking comedy potential. 

The only possible bright side I can derive from this shit show is that our collapse has been so complete and our flaws have been so exposed, that an appetite for a total reset may be more palatable than it was at the beginning of the year. Under both Strong and Herman we were trying to fix the airplane while in flight and not able to work on larger systemic problems. Granted both of those coaches were fucktards, and this current coach may also be a fucktard, but there is at least a window to throw out every entitled, selfish, maxed out in high school athlete on the roster in a short amount of time and begin again. Will it work? Who fucking knows, but it needs to happen either way. 

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The only possible bright side I can derive from this shit show is that our collapse has been so complete and our flaws have been so exposed, that an appetite for a total reset may be more palatable than it was at the beginning of the year. Under both Strong and Herman we were trying to fix the airplane while in flight and not able to work on larger systemic problems. Granted both of those coaches were fucktards, and this current coach may also be a fucktard, but there is at least a window to throw out every entitled, selfish, maxed out in high school athlete on the roster in a short amount of time and begin again. Will it work? Who fucking knows, but it needs to happen either way. 

Well, maybe. Now who's going to be the ones to fix the systemic problems in our administration, AD, and boosters? No, I'm serious, I hope you have an answer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

LB Harold Perkins, Cypress Park: Perkins was back in Austin for a third time this season. The Longhorns are strongly selling the ability to play a lot from day one. Texas A&M continues to feel good about this recruitment. Jimbo Fisher is personally recruiting Perkins, the same way he did Bryce Anderson. The LSU coaching hire looms large we believe.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, maybe. Now who's going to be the ones to fix the systemic problems in our administration, AD, and boosters? No, I'm serious, I hope you have an answer. 

I have been working on a strongly worded letter this morning. That should do it. 

But in seriousness, I think two things need to happen. If Eltife really gives a shit about this program the way most think he does, then he needs to go and start spending some political capital with Hartzell and championing the shit that really needs to happen. The other thing that needs to happen is Sarkisian needs to go down the hall and knock on Chris Beard's door and ask how the fuck he set up what he set up in his first 6 months on the job and emulate as much of that as possible. 

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

A&M will fix it.  Losing to A&M a few times when we join the SEC and those people having to endure getting needled in real life way, way more than they do now will actually make this unpleasant for them.  

That's part of what I'd bank on personally, as well. But at the end of the day, the people with the money and the decision-making power don't know HOW to fix this shit. Urban Meyer told them, and they balked. And specifically in regards to the AD, it meant ceding power from their fiefdom. Same with the NIL shit. A bunch of really smart and successful business people you'd think would figure this shit out, but they don't, much like smart coaches that come to Texas and apparently fucking get real stupid real fast. 

I've used this anecdote before, many times, but you have to see it. You have to see these people laughing and drinking and ignoring the game. You have to see some old rich fuck stand up and ask CDC why we really need new facilities when a degree from the university of Texas itself should be more than enough of a reward for any student athlete...they don't need new facilities. At some point, folks get old enough that their brains just get stuck and any new concept or idea that challenges their entrenched viewpoints are like bb's off an elephant's ass. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I have been working on a strongly worded letter this morning. That should do it. 

But in seriousness, I think two things need to happen. If Eltife really gives a shit about this program the way most think he does, then he needs to go and start spending some political capital with Hartzell and championing the shit that really needs to happen. The other thing that needs to happen is Sarkisian needs to go down the hall and knock on Chris Beard's door and ask how the fuck he set up what he set up in his first 6 months on the job and emulate as much of that as possible. 

I dont disagree, but it's funny you mention that and word it that way. Funny because I remember CTJ saying years ago when Herman got here that he needed to do the same thing with Shaka Smart. Some things never change...

• Haha 1

Just now, golfclap said:

Imagine saying this shit in your weekly press conference with 2 more games on the schedule that you absolutely have to win. Imagine saying this kind of shit while multiple coaching staffs are literally recruiting guys off of your roster already. Holy. Fuck. 

Oh, do we?

Anyone in the Texas facilities even contemplates what "must win" even means?

200w.gif

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Imagine saying this shit in your weekly press conference with 2 more games on the schedule that you absolutely have to win. Imagine saying this kind of shit while multiple coaching staffs are literally recruiting guys off of your roster already. Holy. Fuck. 

You seem like the type that isn't happy unless you aren't happy.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

We would have a winning record with a good defense.  The only way to salvage this IMO is to moneywhip a fire breathing no bullshit DC who is a leader in their own right and doesn’t need the HC to lead.  Good luck with that, as that guy is either about to be a HC, won’t come here, or works at some Midwest school we would never hire from.  

How about we stop with stupid contracts in the first place.  

25 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

ctj, you know exactly what I am saying.

No, I don't, and that's also fine.

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I dont disagree, but it's funny you mention that and word it that way. Funny because I remember CTJ saying years ago when Herman got here that he needed to do the same thing with Shaka Smart. Some things never change...

You dirty, dirty bastard. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

me.  Hire me.  It won't be pretty. No one will enjoy it.  But it would get done.  PK would be reassigned to cleaning the piss troughs.   I have zero experience and would take an equivalent salary for the first year.   If you like me, then pay me to stay on.   You already know my plan to fix the offensive line (a part time coach whose job it is only to scout o-linemen, does not report to HC).  

Edited by Nivek

Just now, Nivek said:

me.  Hire me.  It won't be pretty. No one will enjoy it.  But it would get done.  PK would be reassigned to cleaning the piss troughs. 

The fact that the first thing you mention is firing PK sorta shows me that clearly you’re  missing the point, don’t understand what needs to be fixed or how to fix it, and probably are the kind of guy who thinks he’d wreck a chimpanzee. 

we all admire your confidence, however. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Bryan Harsin - solid
  Sonny Dykes - solid
  Josh Heupel - solid
  John Mackovic

gold digging GIF by Copeland

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I don't think I understand this statement, but I'm also not sure I care. I assume it's some sort of thinly veiled attempt to defend the coaches, as is your usual move.

Almost anyone is realistic at the right price and with the right assurances. You and others who think otherwise were probably also laughing at ATM for thinking they were going to lure Fisher from FSU. The idea that Texas couldn't land Franklin is silly. Fickell? Fleck? They're holding out for better? 

It's all meaningless anyway. The people handling this shit didn't give Meyer the right assurances and then were apparently both certain and excited about Sarkisian. Maybe next time around, the assholes with money will make certain they CAN give the right assurances and therefore get the right guy. I doubt it, but that's only because I don't think Texas boosters will ever get desperate or depraved enough to do that. If I wind up as a billionaire, I'll try on all of our behalfs, so we've got that going for us, which is nice. 

Did Campbell actually tell us to fuck off?  I don't remember if we settled that.   I have no doubt guys like Fleck and Fickell would come.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting