Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

40 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I get the Fat Pat Allure but from what Ive heard he's a bigger dickhead now than he ever has been. He wasnt able to play nice with his own staff, let alone another coach's. Don't get me wrong, I'd trade him straight up for Sark, but he's a guy that sounds like he needs a break from coaching for a bit. 

I envision Patterson retreating to his mansion in Fort Worth, like Napoleon in Elba, scheming with his booster buddies over the next 3 years to undermine his replacement at TCU as well as their AD, and then attempt to maneuver himself back into the job when the next coach gets the axe. 

Edited by Duane Moore
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.jpeg.fd1097dc187942b186ce0678569eab03.jpeg

Based on the public quotes I’m seeing, I’m losing confidence that PK will be replaced. Could be wrong but seems likely just Gideon and/or Joseph for onfield staff. Hopefully S&C changes coming for support staff but who knows. Sigh..

12 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Why do we think Coleman is getting canned other than he's not our dream recruiting rainmaker? I'm not opposed to it but our highest rated recruit is in his position group and Worthy has been fantastic so far. It's not his fault Whittington and Omeire got hurt (again). Of all the problems on this team, especially from a coaching perspective, I have WR down the list after every position group on defense and the OL. 

I think the fact that a kid with limited time with him has become the alpa dog  is a negative, not a positive

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Based on the public quotes I’m seeing, I’m losing confidence that PK will be replaced. Could be wrong but seems likely just Gideon and/or Joseph for onfield staff. Hopefully S&C changes coming for support staff but who knows. Sigh..

Is it lack of strength and conditioning or players just being checked out not trying thus getting their ass kicked?

14 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Gary Patterson makes a lot of sense if PK is gone. 

Aren't CDC and Patterson close? Seems like there's at least a connection there that might have some pull. Also, Patterson is one of the best at playing the transfer portal game and that's what this roster is going to need. 

Yes they are close. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

All the injuries point to some questionable S&C, IMO, but I have not really looked into specifics. 

What are the major injuries this year?

Bijan - dislocated elbow

whittington - broken collarbone

Ibraheem - ACL

rojo - battling turf toe

okafor was from a leg whip near a pile that tore his knee up

what are the others?

what was Jacoby Jones injury?

those aren’t really related to S&C 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I envision Patterson Mack retreating to his mansion in Fort Worth North Carolina, like Napoleon in Elba, scheming with his booster buddies over the next 3 9 years to undermine his replacementS at TCU Texas as well as their AD, and then attempt to maneuver himself back into the job when the next coach gets the axe. 

Mad Libs

Edited by Orange&White
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What are the major injuries this year?

Bijan - dislocated elbow

whittington - broken collarbone

Ibraheem - ACL

rojo - battling turf toe

okafor was from a leg whip near a pile that tore his knee up

what are the others?

what was Jacoby Jones injury?

those aren’t really related to S&C 

As I said, I haven't really looked into the specifics of the individual injuries. Just seems like we've had a lot. 

Most of those injuries aren’t S&C related. Getting your ass kicked in the 4th quarter routinely is tho
Ass kicking starts much sooner than that, defense starts with hands on hips by late 2nd quarter, no recovery at halftime. I've never been one to blame S&C, but even though Yancy's workout program produced more injuries than we've seen this year, Herman's teams looked stronger overall and didn't fade late..

I mean even in games we won, the 4th quarter wasn't good, particularly on D. It was Bijan digging deep and giving an Emmit Smith like performance and Worthy making a key grab that helped us send fat Gare packing..not how the overall team played in the 4th.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

it seems unlikely that Sark would can PK, so that means its Gideon or Joseph.. and obviously Andre Coleman. firing Gideon after one year is probably unrealistic so that means its Joseph. he can go to LSU now

On the list of things that need to be fixed, the DB play was not glaring, and you could argue that Cook and Dunn have developed well this season. I would be very surprised if they canned Joseph at this point. I think the main guy on the list that needs to be switched out is Coleman. He was only hired after Sark struck out on a few other WR coaches and his recruiting this year has been shit. Getting curb stomped by SMU and a pedestrian aggy offense after having a freshman all american is unacceptable to go along with guys not being able to separate and dropping passes.  

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is that because S&C or players giving up and not trying?

I dont give a shit who you are, when your offense either goes three and out or scores in two plays all game long your defense is going to wear out and get gassed in the fourth quarter. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Why do we think Coleman is getting canned other than he's not our dream recruiting rainmaker? I'm not opposed to it but our highest rated recruit is in his position group and Worthy has been fantastic so far. It's not his fault Whittington and Omeire got hurt (again). Of all the problems on this team, especially from a coaching perspective, I have WR down the list after every position group on defense and the OL. 

This is not true. Our WR's outside Worthy this season are soft, don't block well, don't run good routes, and they can't catch a cold. I'm not sure what else you need to know about Coleman since he's been on the team in one form or another for years now, and the WR group fucking sucks overall. Oh, and he can't/won't recruit. Just because we're a tire fire everyone else doesn't mean he isn't a glaring, glaring problem. How does our record look this season if we cut out 50% of our 3rd down drops? Fuck him, he was a shit hire for Herman and a shit retention for Sark. 

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

I envision Patterson retreating to his mansion in Fort Worth, like Napoleon in Elba, scheming with his booster buddies over the next 3 years to undermine his replacement at TCU as well as their AD, and then attempt to maneuver himself back into the job when the next coach gets the axe. beat the shit out of a fuck ton of women. 

FIFY

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

LOL. You really thought he was getting replaced. Naturally. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

On the list of things that need to be fixed, the DB play was not glaring, and you could argue that Cook and Dunn have developed well this season. I would be very surprised if they canned Joseph at this point. I think the main guy on the list that needs to be switched out is Coleman. He was only hired after Sark struck out on a few other WR coaches and his recruiting this year has been shit. Getting curb stomped by SMU and a pedestrian aggy offense after having a freshman all american is unacceptable to go along with guys not being able to separate and dropping passes.  

If PK stays, Choate and Davis are definitely safe. Gideon or Joseph would be the odd man out. Gideon's youth, recruiting wins this cycle, and status as a letterman give him a leg up.

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I hate to get into S&C, but I have a suspicion Becton is suffering from classic over-steer. Yancy was a bulk'em up and add strength guy. Did not matter the position. Seems like Sark/Becton looked at the players and said they lack explosion and flexibility. Becton went straight down that road for everyone. 

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I am beginning to think Icono proved himself to be the smart one of us by loading up on drugs before watching Texas Football.

I mean, if you're going to get violently buttfucked for hours regardless, I guess I'd rather be swimming in narcotics than stone sober. Then again, I don't often these days watch Texas sober, and alcohol is a drug, so...

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

DB play has been brutal. Watch Jamison and Thompson vs the run, it like they have velcro jerseys on for runs and screens. Not getting beat much, much because they play so soft (ex-Tech game). Their tackling is mediocre. it is interesting that the young Cbs are definitely harder hitters. Safety play has been atrocious. 2nd and 3rd level run fits are probably the biggest issue on the defense, though honestly it is hard to pick a singular issue. 

5 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I hate to get into S&C, but I have a suspicion Becton is suffering from classic over-steer. Yancy was a bulk'em up and add strength guy. Did not matter the position. Seems like Sark/Becton looked at the players and said they lack explosion and flexibility. Becton went straight down that road for everyone. 

Well give Becton credit this team was explosive in their pants every game this year.  

Edited by stork642

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don't expect Patterson to be involved with the program, but are you really dumb/naive/both enough to believe that money and petty vengeance aren't sound motivators for egotists who have been wronged? Given your posting history and staunch support of Sarkisian irrespective of outcome, I guess you might actually be dumb enough.

The dude actually showed up to a tailgate this season. He looked like the aging child molester in pleated blue jeans that you'd expect. 

A34CFD81-0350-494D-8827-B1A3191CF44A.gif.6ad977dd111dffac7b786f2a05e0cefe.gif

14 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I dont give a shit who you are, when your offense either goes three and out or scores in two plays all game long your defense is going to wear out and get gassed in the fourth quarter. 

That is true and as a former defensive guy, I am always sympathetic to that, but Kansas was running the ball at will on us. We were often getting blown off the line of scrimmage. That can certainly be attributed to scheme, alignment, and effort, but it also has a lot to do with sheer strength. 

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Personally, I choose not to get buttfucked for hours (or minutes), but some people find it enjoyable. 

Since I think you missed the point, let me try another way. Are you trying to tell us you haven't watched the OU, OSU, Baylor, Iowa St., or Kansas games this year? Not even a bit? 

Because if you have you've been violently buttfucked like the rest of us, stop posturing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yes.

I actually think S&C has had a positive improvement on the injury front. People are forgetting how many soft tissue injuries we constantly had under Herman. Every team has injuries but we’ve done fairly well on that front this year. 

Becton’s approach is probably a good one for skill positions. Something needs to change for the lines and LBs. Maybe just hire another guy for the latter group

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Since I think you missed the point, let me try another way. Are you trying to tell us you haven't watched the OU, OSU, Baylor, Iowa St., or Kansas games this year? Not even a bit? 

Because if you have you've been violently buttfucked like the rest of us, stop posturing. 

Didn't miss the point, just entertaining myself. Goodness knows nothing about Texas Football is entertaining now, except in a dark humor sort of sense. And yes, I was at OU and OSU. That was enough effort for me to put into this season since the money had been already spent.

I am just here to mock at this point.

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m ready to show on the doll where this team hurt me.  

4 hours ago, NoName said:

all fair.

the idea that GP has had bad defenses and the game has passed him by is invalidated by looking at the actual results though...

FEI defensive rankings for Patterson the last 5 years-

114th

19th

17th

19th

22nd

He produces top 25 defenses almost year. Outside of this year of course but if a top 25 D in the last 4 out of 5 years is him "being passed up".........

Edit: Oops just realized you had already posted this and beat me to it. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Didn't miss the point, just entertaining myself. Goodness knows nothing about Texas Football is entertaining now, except in a dark humor sort of sense. And yes, I was at OU and OSU. That was enough effort for me to put into this season since the money had been already spent.

I am just here to mock at this point.

freaks-one-of-us.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I’m not sure I buy the whole FEI thing. Looking at the actual results, Texas is 13th in scoring offense, 108 in scoring defense. Big difference. 

FEI is an advanced statistic. 100/100 times advanced statistics are going to be better than non adjusted statistics.

FEI ratings (FEI) represent the per-possession scoring advantage each team would be expected to have on a neutral field against an average opponent. Offense ratings (OFEI) and defense ratings (DFEI) represent the per-possession scoring advantages for each team unit against an average opponent.

using FEI, Auburn has played the #2 schedule in the country. their results are going to look much worse than Cincy's (#106) if you are using unadjusted stats across the board

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is it lack of strength and conditioning or players just being checked out not trying thus getting their ass kicked?

It's both, but I attribute both Urban and Saban when they said how S&C coach is more important than coordinators because of all the time they spend with players. They are often responsible and highly influential in developing player leadership and team chemistry during the off season. So for me it's not so much what he's done as much as what he hasn't done. I think a new voice is definitely called for.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Coleman had as much to do with Worthy coming to Texas as you or I did.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

FEI defensive rankings for Patterson the last 5 years-

114th

19th

17th

19th

22nd

He produces top 25 defenses almost year. Outside of this year of course but if a top 25 D in the last 4 out of 5 years is him "being passed up".........

i went back to like 2012 on the last page. dude isn't passed by based on his actual results.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting