Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I don’t think you read that correctly. Herman is the bitch in this scenario, talking shit to our players who he feels wronged him on his way out.

No he feels wronged by the university and pushed the idea that he was fired because he was too good to his guys and supported their activism. He's talking shit about Texas to them not talking shit about the players. If he was texting mean shit to players they could report his ass for harassment and likely nullify his buyout.

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

had to put this is here:

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-football-Kirk-Herbstreit-opens-up-on-Steve-Sarkisian-175436914/

Charlie Strong told me, when he was the head coach at Texas, he wasn't fired yet,” Herbstreit said. “He just got there, was getting a lot of heat. He said, 'this is a tough job because on one hand, they want me to recruit a lot of these five-stars in this state, but I don't think they're great players. But there's such immense pressure to recruit this player out of this area or this player because they're five stars. And if you don't recruit those players, they're going to crush you because you didn't land that recruit. And if you do bring them in, you're deep down I don't know if this guy is a dog.' ... Sark knew this before he went. In fact, he and I had a conversation when his name was in there. I called him and I said, 'are you going to take this?' He said, 'yeah I think I'm gonna.' And I said, 'you know the deal there right.' He goes 'oh yeah, before I even commit, I'm going to talk to them about how I’m going to have to do this. It’s going to be really hard to do this the right way. And as long as you’re going to support me through this, we’re going to do this. It’s not going to be pretty.

“In order to change the culture there that has been struggling since 2010, even the last couple of years with Mack (Brown). Something got into this program that’s like a virus, and it’s permeated itself for over a decade now. So to get it done right, you can’t put a Band-Aid on this problem and a Band-Aid over there and expect it to be ‘look we’re 8-4, everything’s fine over here.’ Nope. It’s almost like a decayed tooth. You gotta really go to work on that thing.”

Fuck Herb. that’s the dumbest quote I’ve ever read. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

No he feels wronged by the university and pushed the idea that he was fired because he was too good to his guys and supported their activism. He's talking shit about Texas to them not talking shit about the players. If he was texting mean shit to players they could report his ass for harassment and likely nullify his buyout.

So you’re suggesting that a narcissist with several substance abuse problems would never make a mistake and do something stupid, right? A guy who literally burned every bridge around him at Texas. Well, ok. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Regarding our recruiting misses, there is a theory that Texas is getting the "wrong" 4 and 5 star players. Obvious, top prospects are getting aggressively recruited by all programs, but especially by "cheating" programs offering big dollars.  So, a lot of the obvious talent gets swooped up by Bama, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, and Ohio State. It also explains A&M's recent success given their recent cheating.

That leaves non-obvious 4 star and 5 star players. This is where Texas lives today. The odds of a five star getting drafted is 57%, still pretty good. A 4 star is 20%, meaning 4 out of 5 four star players aren't going to be that great.  We are getting a lot of these guys, and 80% of them aren't going to make the NFL.

TCU, Okla St, Baylor, etc. just go get great 3 star players using better evals, instead of just going after the questionable 4 star guys, in many cases.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2021/11/9/22757052/usf-college-football-recruiting-star-rankings-signing-day-info-news-average-nfl-draft-trends

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Uh no. You fuckers who don't show up for shit.  @closetojumping is a very hot guy with a gorgeous wife. Didn't meet @SydneyCarton. Like I said most of us are what you would think we would be like in person. Y'all missed out on @RGBIIIrant.  epic.

The one game I went to I wanted a Surly tailgate but we didn't have one. 1st game of the season. Haven't been back in the state since with a game in Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is that because S&C or players giving up and not trying?

S&C is also mental. . . Y’all do know that right?? A good S&C staff can build a mentally/physically tough team

when you get tired and ready to give up on the last few sprints or last set of squats/bench and the coach pushes you to do more out of your comfort zone. That’s when you start to win the 4th quarter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

A player having more allegiance to Tom than Sark just kinda blows my mind. Which leads me to believe the players actually think Tom was fired cause of the Eyes stuff and have 0 motivation to play for Texas beyond just having a scholarship. No wonder our culture is so fucked.

Nuke it

Sigourney Weaver Aliens GIF

No it’s because Herman was their little enabler.  No different than the spoiled shit head kid that loves the parent that lets them get away with everything and hates the parent that actually tries to raise the kid with some discipline.  Once Herman realized that his stupid ass burnt toast mind games weren’t working he went full enabler.  

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, stork642 said:

No it’s because Herman was their little enabler.  No different than the spoiled shit head kid that loves the parent that lets them get away with everything and hates the parent that actually tries to raise the kid with some discipline.  Once Herman realized that his stupid ass burnt toast mind games weren’t working he went full enabler.  

Kids are often loyal to the coach that recruited them. Almost all of Charlie’s guys still rode for him even after sucking shit through a straw for 3 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Regarding our recruiting misses, there is a theory that Texas is getting the "wrong" 4 and 5 star players. Obvious, top prospects are getting aggressively recruited by all programs, but especially by "cheating" programs offering big dollars.  So, a lot of the obvious talent gets swooped up by Bama, Georgia, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, and Ohio State. It also explains A&M's recent success given their recent cheating.

That leaves non-obvious 4 star and 5 star players. This is where Texas lives today. The odds of a five star getting drafted is 57%, still pretty good. A 4 star is 20%, meaning 4 out of 5 four star players aren't going to be that great.  We are getting a lot of these guys, and 80% of them aren't going to make the NFL.

TCU, Okla St, Baylor, etc. just go get great 3 star players using better evals, instead of just going after the questionable 4 star guys, in many cases.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2021/11/9/22757052/usf-college-football-recruiting-star-rankings-signing-day-info-news-average-nfl-draft-trends

My brother listened to an interview with the new tech coach McGuire and he mentioned something insightful about rhule. Rhule’s philosophy was to stay in 25-30 range overall and target hungry players who were willing to do whatever it takes to be successful. Basically the top tier guys Baylor could get would have to big a miss ratio so he went after the guys they could get guaranteed then have a roster full of kids who were hard workers. It seems to have paid off for him and aranda is seeing the fruits of that strategy now I think. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Kids are often loyal to the coach that recruited them. Almost all of Charlie’s guys still rode for him even after sucking shit through a straw for 3 years. 

See all the players that followed Carrington, Orlando and Naivar to USC. 

This is a big part of the reason the roster isn't nearly as talented as the recruiting rankings suggest. When you see all the position coaches, coordinators and head coaches that have been in the program it's not surprising that multiple recruiting classes have major holes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

One other item, and I swear to God I am not trolling on this or hoping to see some peoples' heads actually explode, but there is a lot of buzz out there right now that Tom Herman has been talking shit over text to some players that he feels "betrayed by" still in the program. 

I want this to be true more than I want this team to somehow become bowl eligible.  I also think this is the more likely thing to happen of the two.

Edited by Darth Tron
Typo

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Uh no. You fuckers who don't show up for shit.  @closetojumping is a very hot guy with a gorgeous wife. Didn't meet @SydneyCarton. Like I said most of us are what you would think we would be like in person. Y'all missed out on @RGBIIIrant.  epic.

See, I knew Uncle Buck was full of shit until you said this. Now I'm wondering if CTJ is your sock.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Other best part of tailgate is that @immamac was mostly silent watching the game. Then for a damn good reason without any warning stands up and goes "God damnit." and sits back down. coolest cat ever. 

In his defense, it’s not common to be asked to reload the bar tab 4 minutes into the first quarter.

• Haha 1

Does 6-6 or 7-5 save recruiting? 

To me, the best scenario to save recruiting at this point is to continue to run with the narrative that the roster sucks. Come here and get instant playing time. 

Is there anything else Texas can sell? It seems pretty obvious that Sark and CDC are now running with this strategy. I have no clue if it will work but hell they don't have anything else to sell. Gerry seems to be hinting at this-i.e. just start showing all these recruits roster spots they can win in year 1. 

• Haha 1

To me, the best scenario to save recruiting at this point is to continue to run with the narrative that the roster sucks. Come here and get instant playing time. 
Is there anything else Texas can sell? It seems pretty obvious that Sark and CDC are now running with this strategy. I have no clue if it will work but hell they don't have anything else to sell. Gerry seems to be hinting at this-i.e. just start showing all these recruits roster spots they can win in year 1. 

Can’t go 7-5 when we’ve already lost 6 games…

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The miracle of finishing 7-5 when we're currently 4-6 ought to get a few top recruits' attention. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My person--insider has said or suggested that Herman has been in contact with current and former players about coming to the Bears. 

Fuck. thats all I will say. 

Lol. He’s an offensive analyst. He has zero say on any roster decisions. Then again Tom Herman thinking he is GM and HC in Chicago seems plausible for his personality type. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

That seems to be the plan, and your first full year on campus is probably the only time you can really get away with it. After that, it becomes “well why is there so much playing time available on a team you’ve put together?”  Still, if you’re one of those o-lineman who were on campus last weekend it’s hard to see yourself starting next year at any of the other big time programs recruiting you. Hope we can leverage some youthful impatience. 

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

See all the players that followed Carrington, Orlando and Naivar to USC. 

This is a big part of the reason the roster isn't nearly as talented as the recruiting rankings suggest. When you see all the position coaches, coordinators and head coaches that have been in the program it's not surprising that multiple recruiting classes have major holes. 

This where Mack and Tom went wrong and Charlie did well. Recruiting is more than stars and film. 

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The season doesn’t matter at this point for recruiting. That shit went out the window after Baylor. Right now the pitch is players and culture suck. Come play early and be part of the class that returns Texas to being Texas. I will call this the Texas Comet Pitch, because is seems to come every 4 years 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. He’s an offensive analyst. He has zero say on any roster decisions. Then again Tom Herman thinking he is GM and HC in Chicago seems plausible for his personality type. 

I logged just to say this exact thing.  Of course by all indications Nagy is dumb enough to listen and maybe even put in a word to the GM.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting