Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Check out this quote from Stewart's trainer.

“I’m going to shoot it straight, A&M has never got a receiver like him,” Hooks stated. “Someone as polished as he is with the skill set as him. I know people look at their passing game, I say don’t look at the passing game, sometimes you have to have a missing piece to get it over the hump and I think he feels he’s the missing piece to get them over the hump where they want to go.”

His trainers an idiot and I hope we all get to say, “I told you so”. 

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

“I’m going to shoot it straight, A&M has never got a receiver like him,” Hooks stated. “Someone as polished as he is with the skill set as him. I know people look at their passing game, I say don’t look at the passing game, sometimes you have to have a missing piece to get it over the hump and I think he feels he’s the missing piece to get them over the hump where they want to go.”

“Also, I get 15% off the top and this was the best for both of us. Evan will transfer next year and bidding will start again.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

There’s always a trainer 

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

DeNial-  the river that runs through B/CS 

Good luck to the kid. At least he doesn’t have Crazy Karen’s old cooch stink on him

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

“Also, I get 15% off the top and this was the best for both of us. Evan will transfer next year and bidding will start again.”

Goodness, these uppity jokes are so 2005. The only ones this reflects badly on is Texas for not playing the game. 

Here's what people should know about Evan Stewart:

- He didnt need his high school team

- He bunkered down with people he trusted.

- His real recruitment began. 

- A&M showed him the money

- We tried to show him the money but we really couldnt.

- He took the people that are organized.

And even after all that, I promise the Evan Stewart story has just begun. He's a smart kid and I like him. If he doesnt get whats promised, he keeps his upfront part, and just transfers to a place that will get him the ball. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

I know you're an aggy homer but please tell me how this is any different than the Demas commit? Highly ranked 5 star receiver being the "missing piece" that wound up with what, 15 catches on the year? 

This one is different because Stewart doesn’t do cool backflips

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

And even after all that, I promise the Evan Stewart story has just begun. He's a smart kid and I like him. If he doesnt get whats promised, he keeps his upfront part, and just transfers to a place that will get him the ball. 

It’s one thing to decide to not play the game - but it’s pretty fucking embarrassing to try and play and finding your wallet empty. 

2 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

I know you're an aggy homer but please tell me how this is any different than the Demas commit? Highly ranked 5 star receiver being the "missing piece" that wound up with what, 15 catches on the year? 

a gifted athlete who happens to play wr vs polished wide receiver who is also a great athlete. plus both kids come from totally different environments/football IQ/resources/etc.

and i'm not an aggy homer. i'm a longhorn alum that has an unbiased point of view of our immediate rival. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That’s pretty much it. IT seem confused by the offer but think it may be related to True Buzz. As mentioned above Winfield and Johnson are on that team but there apparently are a couple more as well. 

May not be a committable offer, and helps that player get more looks from other teams.  The goodwill extended here may really help Texas with their recruiting for 2023 and 2024.  

10 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

We clearly don’t give a shit about that, Jaydon Blue is still a commit.

Didn’t he try to get back on the team?

*Either way, don’t care. There’s a difference between keeping someone’s commitment vs. chasing/paying for another which appears to have multiple red flags.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi

17 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

a gifted athlete who happens to play wr vs polished wide receiver who is also a great athlete. plus both kids come from totally different environments/football IQ/resources/etc.

and i'm not an aggy homer. i'm a longhorn alum that has an unbiased point of view of our immediate rival. 

Lol. You’re talking out of your ass. Demas was viewed as the best WR recruit to come out of Texas in a minute and I’m sure you were pumping this same shit about him that year.  Jimbo not being able to find a way to get him the ball is fucking inexcusable. And it’s not an n of 1, look at all their other highly rated WR recruits lately.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

May not be a committable offer, and helps that player get more looks from other teams.  The goodwill extended here may really help Texas with their recruiting for 2023 and 2024.  

This is the kind of kid our  big 12 opponents have been taking and putting 20/30 lbs. On and turning into an all conference if not an NFL caliber LB for years. 

There are very few ready made LBs looking to sign w us. So do what Iowa state and Baylor do, and make em. 

23 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It’s one thing to decide to not play the game - but it’s pretty fucking embarrassing to try and play and finding your wallet empty. 

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Lol the dipshits on IT would call barbacoa a liar 

I don't concede Stewart yet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol. You’re talking out of your ass. Demas was viewed as the best WR recruit to come out of Texas in a minute and I’m sure you were pumping this same shit about him that year.  Jimbo not being able to find a way to get him the ball is fucking inexcusable. And it’s not an n of 1, look at all their other highly rated WR recruits lately.

Quoted to say, this isn’t me saying Stewart isn’t a loss. It is. I’m just pissed he’s going to have Jimbos governor placed on him instead of Sark turning him loose next to Worthy.

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol. You’re talking out of your ass. Demas was viewed as the best WR recruit to come out of Texas in a minute and I’m sure you were pumping this same shit about him that year.  Jimbo not being able to find a way to get him the ball is fucking inexcusable. 

He was a gifted athlete with an incredible Randy Mossesque ceiling that needed a lot of nuanced development after coming out of that shit hole North Forest HS. Evan might not have his ceiling, but its damn close....floor is much higher. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

As in MIA once the game plans are put together. Wish we could have gotten him tough. 

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

He was a gifted athlete with an incredible Randy Mossesque ceiling that needed a lot of nuanced development after coming out of that shit hole North Forest HS. Evan might not have his ceiling, but its damn close....floor is much higher. 

The argument isn’t which one is more talented. It’s whether Jimbo can maximize either one’s talent. History says fuck no.

It’s amazing some of you continue to argue with Bruh. He’s one of the biggest idiots on this site that constantly runs his mouth. 

Im still waiting for that pussy to take my bet on aggy going 9-3 or worse next year. Like his normal self he ran his mouth and disappeared because he won’t put his money where his mouth is. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, turtlepond said:

This has got to be the least “Flipmas”season you could draw up, no?

Maybe it’s time to announce that super secret, badass NIL news, Belmont?  Or, should we sit tight on that until after SD2?

How about you and the other loudmouths with a fucking keyboard and an opinion show the rest of us how easy it all is? Oh, that’s right, you don’t have a fucking clue how to make any of this happen. Shut the fuck up and cheer for shit to happen that you couldn’t even conceive of, much less pull off. It’s not a snap your fingers issue, dipshit. 

1 hour ago, turtlepond said:

So, Sark won’t be changing up any staff, Banks is on the road handing out offers to 2-stars, and the portal doesn’t seem to have one of those Stargate wormhole openings in Austin….?

Again, you don’t know jack shit, you don’t appear to have a clue how this works, and you don’t have enough rep to avoid a crowdsourcing if you can’t get your shit together quickly with the posting. 

8 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Fisher has been fucking up highly thought of WR recruits long before Stewart and Demas. At some point, hope is not a strategy. The smart money says that Stewart will bust at ATM because that’s what star WRs under Fisher do. 

Just now, Hornlover said:

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

At this point, I’m not real sure @Barbacoa has any evidence for me to believe one way or another. Stewart committed today because Fisher’s crew finally committed on their end and by doing so, the Stewart side is required to close all openings for others. This happened with Richardson, Wright, Demas, Leal, Jaylon Jones and others. I think anyone touting more than a 0.01% chance on this one is full of shit, barbacoa included. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

So what would open bmd’s eyes? What’s gonna make them say fuck we need to get involved

45 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Demas was viewed as the best WR recruit to come out of Texas in a minute and I’m sure you were pumping this same shit about him 

Bruh man was. He said it was a program defining recruiting win that would completely change their offense. 2 years later Demas has 235 receiving yards in 2 seasons. 

Everyone told him that Jimbo wouldn't maximize Demas but that didn't stop him from running his mouth like he is here. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

300k isn’t shit if dude wins 2-3 games for you over a career.  Oh well. Fuck. 

Who is “you”? Are you forking over 300k for the guy? Texas has no infrastructure in place for this and won’t create one because NIL. We’ll all continue to blame the coaches and watch programs around us continue to recruit under the table. NIL and the transfer portal is our only hope but it seems like we can’t get off our own dick on that either.

• Like 1

So what would open bmd’s eyes? What’s gonna make them say fuck we need to get involved

The current combination of BMDs and boosters don’t seem to have the stomach for the game. Stewart isn’t the first clue they’ve seen slap Texas in the face, it’s just never enough. New blood, or a change in the voices being heard and listened to. That’s it.

39 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I think it’s interesting that BMDs will keep shelling out money for buyouts for entire coaching staffs every 3-4 years but won’t shell out the money needed to, theoretically, prevent having to pay for those buyouts.

I’m sure they point to the same team recruiting rankings we use to argue it’s unnecessary. It’s easy to discount the impact of blue chip difference makers when looking at rankings from a macro level. As bad as this team is, how terrible would it have been without Bijan and Worthy? How much better would it have been with a few equal counterparts on defense? A few impact players can make a huge difference.

* I say all this not a bit upset about the loss of Stewart. I’d be more pissed to find out we spent 300k on him if we weren’t playing the bag game for elite players at other, more important, positions of need.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting