Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t understand all the surprise on this thread. Recruiting has been going terribly for two months. We have a team under five hundred. Our in state rival has been paying players for the last several years and has ramped it up even further this year.

Harris, Stewart and just about every other top prospect has been moving away from Texas over the last several weeks as a result. If there should be any disappointment it’s that few solid second choices have emerged at key positions. I’m holding out hope that this supposed influx of OL is going to happen but I’m frankly suspicious about that as well. No one should be surprised about the loss of top players. 

I think part of the outrage is that Aggy continues to surprise in the successful direction even more despite their losses. Like I haven’t expected Harris for a while but I sure didn’t expect aggy after all the hate he’s blatantly showed them and after going 8-4

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

I think part of the outrage is that Aggy continues to surprise in the successful direction even more despite their losses. Like I haven’t expected Harris for a while but I sure didn’t expect aggy after all the hate he’s blatantly showed them and after going 8-4

They went 8-4 in an underachieving year. They should have no momentum.

Then guys like Harris and Stewart had no interest in aggy until recently. If people can’t connect the dots on what’s happening here they’re lost. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Then guys like Harris and Stewart had no interest in aggy until recently. If people can’t connect the dots on what’s happening here they’re lost. 

We know what’s happening. I personally just thought there was a limit to how many times it can happen in one class. Their bag seems to be unlimited

There’s enough mood swings in here to make Jacques Cousteau seasick.  Nothing has really changed. We already knew the reasons certain blue chips weren’t going to come here. It’s a going to be a 3 year build whether we like it or not, so either find some patience or distract yourself with men’s basketball, pron, or both. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Bruh Man said:

Wtf are you talking about?

You can't be serious. There's no way you've missed my bet offer when I've tagged you so many times. 

As much as you hype aggy, put your money where your mouth is. The bet was $100 for aggy to go 9-3 or worse next year. You win the bet if they finish better than 9-3. You were the one hyping them to go 11-1 this year so don't be a pussy. Take the bet. 

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Pull yourselves together you fucking pussies. You’re embarrassing yourselves, and more importantly all of us by association. Get it together. Whining About our own recruits trolling us? The fuck.

if Harris chose bama there wouldn’t be a sliver of this level of melt. So Harris goes to aTm. So does Stewart. They’ll Transfer in a year.  All that matters is a our coaching changes, the purge, and what we can grab vis portal and close to the class. It’s going to be an underwhelming class. Let’s see how it finishes in key positions. Fuck. 

Honest question - is expecting Harris and Stewart to transfer after a year in CS a reality, or wishful thinking?  A lot of people were/are under the impression that Demas was portal-bound, but no word out there yet. Has aggy had a lot of attrition from higher rated roster players recently?

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Pull yourselves together you fucking pussies. You’re embarrassing yourselves, and more importantly all of us by association. Get it together. Whining About our own recruits trolling us? The fuck.

if Harris chose bama there wouldn’t be a sliver of this level of melt. So Harris goes to aTm. So does Stewart. They’ll Transfer in a year.  All that matters is a our coaching changes, the purge, and what we can grab via portal and close to the class. It’s going to be an underwhelming class. Let’s see how it finishes in key positions. Fuck. 

Despite myself being one of the thread bitches today, I agree with this. Harris and Stewart won’t make or break us. We need a QB, an OL, a culture purge and actual player development. IF we do that we start winning 9+ games. Do that and combined with NIL the croots will come.

Although I’m not so sure those guys will transfer. Idk how aggy does it but they seem to have a hold on Demas somehow which was a similar situation.

1 minute ago, turtlepond said:

Honest question - is expecting Harris and Stewart to transfer after a year in CS a reality, or wishful thinking?  A lot of people were/are under the impression that Demas was portal-bound, but no word out there yet. Has aggy had a lot of attrition from higher rated roster players recently?

I think that's wishful thinking.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, turtlepond said:

Is it a certainty? No? Is it a possibility? Sure. They’ve had lots of portalling, and they’re losing a fuck ton to graduation and the draft and don’t have a QB worth shit. They have a lot of talent but next year doesn’t immediately look like an improvement on 8-4. Once NIL stuff roles out, and these guys have better paying options after a secured bag, and are on a team that doesn’t seem special, you think they’re sitting around? Ask Shadrach Banks how he liked it there. 

8 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Yeah, pretty sure he would have been in high school when those were sent. Shocking a 17 year old may have saying offensive shit.

Also, whoever runs that SMU account is a lunatic and likely an adult. 

I don’y want to get into CR personal opinions either way but I wouldn’t be shocked if he lost his job over this. I doubt it, but wouldn’t be shocked. 

Again, no CR, just the world we’re in practically speaking. 

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

I don’y want to get into CR personal opinions either way but I wouldn’t be shocked if he lost his job over this. I doubt it, but wouldn’t be shocked. 

Again, no CR, just the world we’re in practically speaking. 

This is the correct take there’s no statue of limitations on hurt feelings even if the kid was doing dumb high school kid things 

51 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

@closetojumping @Barbacoa

Is there any good news on the horizon or are we pretty much boned this cycle?  I guess I need to hit the scotch again tonight.

49 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

CTJ has said very recently that he still thinks we will get a few players in the end that will be better than we would/should expect. 

While it is true that I've been optimistic about closing on some key guys magically around signing day, it's hard to stay positive for this class when it's not truly clear that the staff is capable of doing what needs to be done for any of these recruits. As bad as I believe the Sarkisian hire is, if they can't recruit and run a decent bag game while everyone around them is, then it's possibly worse for the program than late stage Mack Brown or the Chuckles Era.

45 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I hope he’s right but damn it’s hard to see that happening right now. Not sure we even have 5 big targets left at this point do we? I mean it’s basically just the OLs and Law assuming Harris is out. 
edit: I guess Perkins too but yeah right 

I spoke to a friend tonight that sounded as despondent for the program as he can get, and he is in the business. My hope is that it brightens up by SD1. I can say that the fans and alumni are doing their parts, at least.

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

43 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

@closetojumping @Barbacoa

Is there any good news on the horizon or are we pretty much boned this cycle?  I guess I need to hit the scotch again tonight.

I'm kind of checked out on the 22 stuff in terms of keeping in contact with info guys. I only ask them stuff when I need it and I dont need anything for 22, and 23 really hasnt started yet for me. CTJ, SC, and RGB talk to a lot of the same guys I do, but they keep up with them more often I'd imagine. They'd be more up to date then me. 

I do hear a ton of rumors from some $$$ guys but the info isnt that great. This thread is more accurate. I also seem to get sworn to secrecy on stuff that I come to find out is already on the boards, most likely bc it comes straight from 9.95 guys. That happened today except the mod was sort of coy about it. Hasnt made it over here I guess but its not worth mentioning yet. Likely just another rumor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I'm kind of checked out on the 22 stuff in terms of keeping in contact with info guys. I only ask them stuff when I need it and I dont need anything for 22, and 23 really hasnt started yet for me. CTJ, SC, and RGB talk to a lot of the same guys I do, but they keep up with them more often I'd imagine. They'd be more up to date then me. 

I do hear a ton of rumors from some $$$ guys but the info isnt that great. This thread is more accurate. I also seem to get sworn to secrecy on stuff that I come to find out is already on the boards, most likely bc it comes straight from 9.95 guys. That happened today except the mod was sort of coy about it. Hasnt made it over here I guess but its not worth mentioning yet. Likely just another rumor. 

It’s made the rounds. But it needs to stay off here because there isn’t any sense sharing possible good news until it’s official with this crowd. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Everyone can connect the dots, that’s precisely why they’re bummed out.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s made the rounds. But it needs to stay off here because there isn’t any sense sharing possible good news until it’s official with this crowd. 

If you don't get your hopes up then there's nothing to be disappointed about.

I’m worried about the Burnt Ends program once the NIL stuff gets started. I don’t think we should have both. Assuming Burnt Ends keeps growing like it should we’re going to be looking at 4-5 million dollars a year. That’s means every TE is going to be making 7figs which means that every player will want to be a TE. All the WRs will start bulking up and half the defense will be trying to learn to catch. We’ll have 20 TEs in the good damn roster. Better to let everyone get paid equally from the new NIL than destroy the locker room with constant TE fights. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Everyone can connect the dots, that’s precisely why they’re bummed out.

Everyone can't connect the dots. I keep seeing people refer to winning, Kansas, and other bullshit rationalization as the reason Texas is losing recruits when aggy just lost to an ass LSU team to finish 8-4. 

There are some that can't connect the dots. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

You can't be serious. There's no way you've missed my bet offer when I've tagged you so many times. 

As much as you hype aggy, put your money where your mouth is. The bet was $100 for aggy to go 9-3 or worse next year. You win the bet if they finish better than 9-3. You were the one hyping them to go 11-1 this year so don't be a pussy. Take the bet. 

Tagged? I don't see anything from you in my notifications besides rude reactions to my posts. 

I'm down for '23. '22 they lose their entire dline and possibly their DC so I'm not comfortable making that bet until I see how that shakes out. If you want we can make a bet on the bowl game if you want to parlay a little earlier and get some funds in the new NIL initiative. 

Edited by Bruh Man

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting