Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

37 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Banks please

This should be great fucking news for us.  That little tiny human who has the title of Offensive Line coach if Cristobal's long time friend - so he's definitely following him to Miami.

Its conceivable Williams could go to Miami or stay at Oregon - but with Banks family situation - you'd have to believe he'd look closer to home.

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That was originally the assumption - but even Perroni has said in recent days that when/if Banks flips he is likely headed to Texas.

He said we're better positioned... that position can change fast, if you know what I mean. 

Cristobal's OL coach Mirabal went to high school with him which means he's also a Florida guy. Gotta be a 99% chance he follows.

With that happening, you have to think Banks stays in state. Love seeing Perroni say we're in better position but with A&M's bags it's hard to have confidence.

Idk how tied Cam Williams was to the coaches but he did also take an OV to Miami so you never know.

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Cristobal's OL coach Mirabal went to high school with him which means he's also a Florida guy. Gotta be a 99% chance he follows.

With that happening, you have to think Banks stays in state. Love seeing Perroni say we're in better position but with A&M's bags it's hard to have confidence.

Idk how tied Cam Williams was to the coaches but he did also take an OV to Miami so you never know.

I've seen that those two are best friends so it's very safe to say he'd follow. Can't forget Hullaby being a possibility now either. 

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Siap on this thread... 

hire him as an analyst. It's kind of like having an appointment with the really expensive killer divorce lawyer you don't want your spouse to hire but then not using them. Just get this dude on staff for a million or so to keep him away from teams you may play/recruit against.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

hire him as an analyst. It's kind of like having an appointment with the really expensive killer divorce lawyer you don't want your spouse to hire but then not using them. Just get this dude on staff for a million or so to keep him away from teams you may play/recruit against.

Agree.  If we are going to be the big-time program we envision ourselves as, we need to start accumulating coaching talent in off-field roles.  

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Lol if yall think Brady is gonna take an analyst job. He'll be an OC in college next year or position coach at worst. Or NFL position coach.

LSU has an opening..

I have no idea what Joe Brady is going to do - but an analyst position is sort of a neutral position. Gives a coach an opportunity to work with other people in a pretty low stress environment and he could continue to ignore recruiting. 

I don’t think he returns to college unless it’s ridiculous money. 

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I have no idea what Joe Brady is going to do - but an analyst position is sort of a neutral position. Gives a coach an opportunity to work with other people in a pretty low stress environment and he could continue to ignore recruiting. 

I don’t think he returns to college unless it’s ridiculous money. 

Someone would probably give him ridiculous money as OC but agree that otherwise it seems like NFL position coach is most likely.

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Lol if yall think Brady is gonna take an analyst job. He'll be an OC in college next year or position coach at worst. Or NFL position coach.

LSU has an opening..

and so does OU with a defensive HC coming in and a need to keep their QB from going to USC...

4 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

If it was, why would he OV there in the first place?

All expenses paid red carpet trip to LA?

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Is Bill Bedenbaugh definitely going to Usc ??  

(Heard on a blOU YouTube video that he might be staying...)

Hm I thought he was reported to be going but his twitter profile/activity is still OU. So idk. That would help a ton if he stayed. But I'd still be surprised. Probably a Roy Manning situation.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting