Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Jimbo Fisher, Steve Sarkisian and Brian Kelly set to visit with five-star Harold Perkins
STEVE WILTFONG

Spoiler

Jimbo Fisher, Steve Sarkisian and Brian Kelly set to visit with five-star Harold Perkins
STEVE WILTFONG

The Top247’s No. 1 linebacker Harold Perkins will see the head coaches from his final three schools this week, his uncle Alvin Walton tells 247Sports.

Texas A&M’s Jimbo Fisher will be at the school Wednesday afternoon to visit with the Cypress (Texas) Cy Park five-star. Texas’s Steve Sarkisian will go in-home Wednesday evening. LSU head coach Brian Kelly will be in on Thursday.

This fall Perkins had a terrific senior season. He’s averaged close to 18 yards per rush, carrying 67 times for 1,194 yards and 18 touchdowns. He also has three receiving scores while on defense notched 29 tackles, two sacks, three interceptions and a forced fumble.

Perkins is the No. 6 prospect in the country regardless of position. His uncle added there is a possibility Perkins could take an official visit to LSU this weekend. He attended a night game there this fall and has been to Baton Rouge several times in the past. Texas and Texas A&M got official visits in the summer and he returned for games on each campus this season as well.

8 minutes ago, Theo Aquacates said:

Today is the last day of Hanukkah. I’d gladly accept an announcement of the second phase of NIL, followed by a Ewers commit, followed by Banks/Neto/Campbell/Stewart commits on this final day of the Festival of Lights. Chag Sameach, my Surly friends🤘🏼

Man, you do you but for your own mental health I would lower expectations and be happy if some of that happened. 

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

1:00 is fine1 but what the hell are we doing dropping this on a Monday?

if this is the big deal that’s program changing in  nature it needs to drop on a Tuesday like everything else of importance  

I know the rules of the trade. Nonetheless, this is what was wanted. It should be fine.

• Haha 1

Per Gerry who is on the road this morning.

Manny Diaz out at Miami opens the door for Mario Cristobal. If Cristobal takes the job, massive Duncanville OL Cam Williams will open things back up. Though Williams has taken an official visit to Miami, IT does not believe he’ll end up following Cristobal to Coral Gables.

That opens the doors big time for Texas and A&M — these should become his final two. He has taken an OV to UT but not A&M and he’s out of official visits. He may still find time to visit College Station, however Duncanville plays this Saturday afternoon.

He may not be rated the highest, but he’s the Vitruvius Man for size queen Kyle Flood.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

Can we hire Mack as a recruiting consultant when he retires? That Motherfucker can recruit no matter where he is.

308630460_Screenshot2021-12-0607_58_39.png.9b66bc52e23b9b3836ac069420f105a7.png

Yeah for all the bitching about Mack that people do about his coaching and scheming deficiencies we’d have had Ewers, Stewart and 4 of the OL locked down last February never for them to waiver or go on another visit. He’d have had an absurd class this year with how much talent there was in the state. 
it seemed like our birthright snd inevitable for 10 or 12 years. Apparently it wasn’t as easy as he made it look at that time. 
which, truthfully is still shocking to me bc I can’t t fathom how someone can come into UT and play 500 ish football for so long. I would have told you that you’d have to try to be incompetent to get the kind of results we’ve had over the last 12 years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Another one from Gerry.

Sark used his in-home on Allen’s Neto Umeozulu anticipating he may commit on Sunday. Obviously that didn’t happen. The NIL announcement today sure won’t hurt here. Expect Flood to return to Allen late this week, likely on Thursday.

We’re working to find out when Saban is going in-home on this one.

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

If we're being honest, Santa should deliver Texas Football a lump of shit for Christmas. 

Wait. He already did that, one week at a time.

On the first day of Xmas my true love gave to me, a tech flavored STD. 
On the second day of Xmas my true love gave to me: 2 decommits and a tech flavored STD. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Can we hire Mack as a recruiting consultant when he retires? That Motherfucker can recruit no matter where he is.

Except for that time period he was sitting with his feet on his desk for several years, fingering his butthole while his assistants were begging him to watch film of recruits they wanted to pursue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah for all the bitching about Mack that people do about his coaching and scheming deficiencies we’d have had Ewers, Stewart and 4 of the OL locked down last February never for them to waiver or go on another visit. He’d have had an absurd class this year with how much talent there was in the state. 

Like the time he promised Garrett Gilbert he'd be our only QB take, then changed our offense and destroyed the program?

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Except for that time period he was sitting with his feet on his desk for several years, fingering his butthole while his assistants were begging him to watch film of recruits they wanted to pursue.

Well, yeah/ but anyone can get lazy and slothful for a decade at a time. 

6 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

308630460_Screenshot2021-12-0607_58_39.png.9b66bc52e23b9b3836ac069420f105a7.png

I've told this story before;  I went to the Florida State/Auburn championship game at the Rose Bowl. GF is a FSU grad.  

Anyway, we were at a pretty big tailgate with a bunch of her friends and others.  I was bullshitting with this guy, a lawyer from Tampa, and he told me that he was a friend of Mack's...they were pledge brothers or some such frat bullshit. 

Anyway, we chatted for a few minutes about Mack.  Guy lowers his voice and says "you know how Mack's a really good recruiter?  You should have seen him recruit pussy back in the day, he  was masterful".

• Haha 7

Just now, Tex Pete said:

I don't disagree he became complacent and that he had to go. I am just pointing out that the guy can close. You have position coaches and GAs to go through tapes and watch recruits in person. All you need is to give Mack a list of guys to close and that fucker would close the majority of them. We haven't had that type of a closer since he left.

Another one from Gerry.

Sark used his in-home on Allen’s Neto Umeozulu anticipating he may commit on Sunday. Obviously that didn’t happen. The NIL announcement today sure won’t hurt here. Expect Flood to return to Allen late this week, likely on Thursday.

We’re working to find out when Saban is going in-home on this one.

Commit to whom? Not sure if this is now good news or bad news that he didn’t do it…

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Like the time he promised Garrett Gilbert he'd be our only QB take, then changed our offense and destroyed the program?

Gilbert was a 5 star the high school player of the year and a guy literally everyone would have gladly inked. It clearly didn’t go well but it wasn’t a recruiting miss. Changing the offense was terminally stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Well, yeah/ but anyone can get lazy and slothful for a decade at a time. 

Most of those people don't get paid millions of dollars to do so. Then, we kept paying his fat, petulant ass and he smeared us every chance he got. Swell guy, that Mack Brown. 

(edit: I meant 'swollen') I think he's due any day.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Most of those people don't get paid millions of dollars to do so. Then, we kept paying his fat, petulant ass and he smeared us every chance he got. Swell guy, that Mack Brown. 

(edit: I meant 'swollen') I think he's due any day.

spacer.png

Check your meter. That was a serious response to a ridiculous post. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Gilbert was a 5 star the high school player of the year and a guy literally everyone would have gladly inked. It clearly didn’t go well but it wasn’t a recruiting miss. Changing the offense was terminally stupid. 

I think it was more about promising a guy he'd be the only QB for 2 classes to get his ink.  you could do that now with the portal, if he sucks, but back then it was moronic.

to your point though - the offense change was just fucking dumb. If anything he should have gone more spread.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting