Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

10 minutes ago, Fug said:

Apparently his mom, who lives in Miami, is sick.

Oh, ok. I forgot about that. But isn't she supposed to not make to 2022? (Not being dick-ish) I'd think he would take time to see his mom of that were the case and then head back to Oregon. But I totally get it now. It's his mom and I'm sure he doesn't want to leave her side regardless of how much time is left. 

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

We may have trouble getting some of our turds to portal out.

This is what I think will be the interesting part, but it's a very good problem to have. At some point soon it seems like we're going to see players annually shopping programs for bigger paydays. Fortunately Texas has deep deep pockets. That's why these NIL deals at UT are such a big game changer. 

And as SC pointed out, the problem won't be getting the poorer players out, it will be sifting through the badass dudes that want to come here to replace them.

Edited by honolulu horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Anyone who's good at the twitter, it would be awesome if you can post the player buzz, media references, and any other Pancake Factory feedback you see on twitter for us to see. There should be a fair amount of national attention on it throughout the afternoon. 

I'm not good at it but I can find some stuff.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Kudos to all that have put all these deals together, both heard and unheard of, to help get Texas Football to where it should be.

As a current Surly poor, I'll speak for those who won't say thank you. Even to the small donors of our own Burnt Ends deal. 

Thank you and let's fucking go!!!

I'm in for Burnt Endz until I die. I hope others feel the same 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, SarksJuggs said:

Any way to tell the current lineman on campus that they don’t qualify?

Yes. 

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

"You're cut"

I prefer, "we're not renewing your scholarship" or "the defense department regrets to inform you that your scholarship is dead because you are stupid/sucky."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Emporer Palpatine Fully Armed And Operational GIF - Emporer Palpatine Fully  Armed And Operational Battlestation - Discover & Share GIFs

From what I understand, we still aren't even fully armed and operational. We still have phase 3 to be launched. I can only assume that's literally just filling swimming pools with hundred dollar bills and telling recruits to go swimming for charity, but I'm not privy to the details. 

• Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting