Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm waiting for @Pato del Muertoto return and tell us how the timing for this thing, particularly with Cristobal publicly accepting the Miami job this morning and the OL impacts there, was just poorly planned by "power brokers" who don't know shit about publicity, the internet, or making things go viral. 

Clearly this whole thing was a fucking massive failure and a giant catastrophe. I'm so embarrassed. 

Not sure why you are waiting on me, and I was going to keep this to myself but since you tagged me- I’m not seeing how anything would have gone differently had it happened 3 hours earlier. 

now should anyone feel like responding to me, please neg to your hearts’ content-there’s plenty of posts to choose from- or pm me whatever you need to. Just try to refrain from covering this thread in bullshit about me. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

I have the ability to hold two opposing ideas in my mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function, thanks.

Despite the evidence to the contrary in the form of your posting history, again, there are two people here directly involved TELLING YOU how it works, which you're discounting completely. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Terry's pissed because he knows Bama can't come close to matching.

They are all mad because we are doing it legally. The $100k-$200k they are offering goes to the wrong people and isn’t ongoing. Bama, A&M and Georgia are going to be asked about some tough questions from recruits in the next week. 

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks.

I have been on the boards since 1997 when I was a student at Texas. We've spent decades as fans and board patrons feeling powerless to create any real change. The Internet, social media, and time building knowledge and money have brought us to the point where we can actually do something about this sport we love.

My expectation is that this does indeed help this staff, the players, future players, and the program. If we could start winning at an elite level again, that would justify the effort we have put in since early July when it became immediately evident that the Athletic Department wasn't going to be a help. 

If Texas, its layers of fanbase from the BMDs to the middles to the everyday fans, the city of Austin, and the state of Texas are truly able to harness the competitive advantages within NIL's framework, UT can have an engine built that very few other programs can rival and will put these silly ass, dark market bagman games to absolute shame. 

@immamac @RGBIII @SydneyCarton @GlenFromTheMailRoom @SquishMitten and several folks not on this board, including Bobby Burton, played huge roles in getting this going. @texifornia @Burt Macklin @Dbeasy @henrygandorf and a number of other folks (shout yourself out for positive rep if you're not named) helped get this from idea to a germinating sapling as well.

Here's to bigger and better. 

I appreciate every single one of you. Well done.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

By my count that is 11 players either in the transfer portal or left the program.

23 if you count graduates.

Assuming we want to bring in 33 new players - we still have to process out 13 more scholarship athletes, right?

Does anyone have that Jeff Howe comment about the portal in/ou and number of players? 

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

By my count that is 11 players either in the transfer portal or left the program.

23 if you count graduates.

Assuming we want to bring in 33 new players - we still have to process out 13 more scholarship athletes, right?

I'll keep saying it, I think the number trends closer to 40 players coming in. I know the numbers and what Sarkisian said and yada yada yada. I still think that. Also, the numbers on exits that folks have heard floating is between 15 and 20, not including senior grads.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Hate Liucci...we should add a Liucci clause to HWH Pancake program that any aggy 4-5* OL that "flips" on final signing day gets double the money for a year...

We should an addition $1000 per each actual pancake and have a graphic at the end of each reply saying “you got liucched”.  

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Despite the evidence to the contrary in the form of your posting history, again, there are two people here directly involved TELLING YOU how it works, which you're discounting completely. 

I don't know why you're so mad at me for pointing out that your take on Miami is wrong, but I'd suggest to maybe chill the fuck out and bask in the glow of your part in helping get HWH launched.

It is entirely possible for there to be two separate entities, that work together, that are still different entities. There's no need to get your panties in a bunch, when people are genuinely excited, and trying to figure out all of what this entails and means. All anybody really wanted to know is whether or not the all of the $800k for this initiative is separate from the $10M announced by CFC, especially when the PR says CFC is a donor to Horns with Heart. They just want to know how much of the endowment is left to pay for other shit. 

So calm the fuck down and quit being an arrogant ass.

• Hook 'Em 2

For those concerned about this possibly leading to the end of college athletics, I think it would be more likely to get there if we didn't find a way to pay the players. Look at what has already started happening in basketball. Recruits are going overseas or to the G-League instead of just going to college for one year. It would take a lot of maneuvering (and I have to think there have already been discussions about it), but what's to stop some people with deep pockets from trying to do the same thing with football for 18-22 year olds? Only a matter of time without being able to pay them.

• Hook 'Em 1

OB seems bullish on Banks now

Per Ketch 3 minutes ago:

"Ok, I’ve heard what I need to in order to favor Texas for Banks."

Per Suchomel less than an hour ago:

"I mentioned in a couple other threads that this has already been discussed with some of the offensive linemen Texas is recruiting and yes, it's having an impact. I'll have more in my 3-2-1 tonight but things are trending better and better with some guys, including Kelvin Banks."

• Hook 'Em 8

14 minutes ago, SarksJuggs said:

It’s all fun and games to make fun of Texas for not winning with our resources. And like clockwork, as soon as Texas flexes it’s muscle a little bit everybody is going to start bitching. 

The only issue is the admin at Texas wants to be seen as the good guy. We're going to be looked at as the evil empire anyways. It's time to start fucking acting like it. Fuck em. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One thing to remember is that the superstars have already started getting paid. Worthy is making real money. Robinson is making big money and is rumored to have made over $1million already. A starting QB at Texas getting things done will get paid as well as anyone on any campus anywhere. 

Yeah I get it, it was just sarcasm, not a huge need for this kind of deal for QB's honestly, they are going to get paid regardless. Comes with the position and exposure from that position.

1 minute ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

The only issue is the admin at Texas wants to be seen as the good guy. We're going to be looked at as the evil empire anyways. It's time to start fucking acting like it. Fuck em. 

They're drunk if they thought we were ever seen as the good guy.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I don't know why you're so mad at me for pointing out that your take on Miami is wrong, but I'd suggest to maybe chill the fuck out and bask in the glow of your part in helping get HWH launched.

It is entirely possible for there to be two separate entities, that work together, that are still different entities. There's no need to get your panties in a bunch, when people are genuinely excited, and trying to figure out all of what this entails and means. All anybody really wanted to know is whether or not the all of the $800k for this initiative is separate from the $10M announced by CFC, especially when the PR says CFC is a donor to Horns with Heart. They just want to know how much of the endowment is left to pay for other shit. 

So calm the fuck down and quit being an arrogant ass.

It's silly of you to think your obtuseness on the miami thing in any way colors your denseness on this topic. 

Yes, it's entirely possible for there to be 2 entities. There are two separate entities. The frustration by some folks, is that we've said repeatedly how it works, that there are two entities, and that the funds are separate, and you're not listening to what those people involved are telling you. Perhaps you should sit back, read the thread, and bask in what is supposed to be good news for all Texas fans and enjoy it. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's silly of you to think your obtuseness on the miami thing in any way colors your denseness on this topic. 

Yes, it's entirely possible for there to be 2 entities. There are two separate entities. The frustration by some folks, is that we've said repeatedly how it works, that there are two entities, and that the funds are separate, and you're not listening to what those people involved are telling you. Perhaps you should sit back, read the thread, and bask in what is supposed to be good news for all Texas fans and enjoy it. 

obtuse.gif.11fdef3968c56c59165f11e3a6358816.gif

Ok, cool. Hook 'Em.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

This is all great stuff but the NIL and the portal will be the end of college athletics. It won't be long until high school kids will be hiring attorneys to negotiate NIL deals. I understand this is the new reality but it may not end well for many schools. I hope that I am wrong. 

And that's fine. We didn't make the rules, but we have to take advantage and not wring our hands. As a university, we have wrung our hands for decades.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

And that's fine. We didn't make the rules, but we have to take advantage and not wring our hands. As a university, we have wrung our hands for decades.

I'm on record here several places not terriby excited about NIL and the above board paying players and the uneven playing field it woud bring. 

But now that it is here, we absolutely need to take the lead on it.  There's no putting the genie back in the bottle by not participating.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting