Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think that Minnesota dude projects to IOL.

LT - Banks
LG - Dunlap/Angilau
C - Majors/Angilau
RG - Angilau/Conner/Dunlap
RT - Christian Jones

Would be a good reasonable guess, I guess. Who knows though.

Dunlap fell off after injuring his Achilles and couldn't crack the starting rotation at Minnesota: https://redd.it/q6o394

It's another Gibbs-type situation. Have to hope he continues to heal and get better.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah that works as well. I'd be concerned starting 3 true freshmen. I wonder if Jones gets moved inside to guard this off-season?

He could, but I think with Hudson, Robinson, Campbell, Agbo, and Dunlap I don't think there will be a need. The only way I see that happen is if we get an upperclassmen Tackle in the portal. 

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Players want to be a part of a group of other great players. This seemed to be a big factor in aggy closing well, Harris is probably a good example. They were throwing bags but their class was shaping up to be epic because all the top players were wanting/pressured to play together. 

Ewers changes all that. He's a transcendental QB. Players know this. Hence the shift and buzz on our recruiting.

edit: That and the awesome effort by folks, especially on here, with NIL. That is a major game changer. 

200.gif

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Dunlap fell off after injuring his Achilles and couldn't crack the starting rotation at Minnesota: https://redd.it/q6o394

It's another Gibbs-type situation. Have to hope he continues to heal and get better.

Ok but Minnesota was great on the OL last year, not starting there doesn't mean he shouldn't start here

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

He's supposed to have an injury that naturally has a two-year healing cycle. Gibbs just destroyed his leg.

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Last time I mentioned this I got jumped on by a bunch of people insisting that the UNLV kid backed off on us, not the other way around 🙄

Regardless, McKinzie's a big dude and could have easily grown out of playing LB. Passing on Windmon was a miscalculation.

My guess is there has been significant inquiry from potential transfers and this will play out in our favor. I hope so anyway.

30 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes. I mean it's not going to happen but we absolutely want someone who would do that, especially to A&M. We need cold-blooded mercenaries on the roster.

Also, they are literally already participating in a crime by taking the bags. Not sure how fucking over A&M makes things worse instead of better.

Oh really. It was posted somewhere here that texags firmly believes that bag money is much more ethical than the shady illegal NIL stuff we are doing.  

24 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This one doubly stings - according to Gerry, we backed off the uNLV LB because of Kobie's committment.

Well that’s just stupid.

15 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Last time I mentioned this I got jumped on by a bunch of people insisting that the UNLV kid backed off on us, not the other way around 🙄

Regardless, McKinzie's a big dude and could have easily grown out of playing LB. Passing on Windmon was a miscalculation.

People didn’t believe it because it’s fucking stupid. Even if Kobie does somehow stick at LB, there’s zero chance he’d be an immediate impact guy there. Windmon is an immediate impact transfer.

29 minutes ago, Getafix said:

So ... was you DAD fired by the Astros?  Just curious.

No, first cousin who was a pitcher and would get called up every year and then sent back down to the minors. He then coached before becoming a scout. I have lots of relatives who did well in baseball: I was always way too hyper for the sport.

• Hook 'Em 1

Justin Wells: Recruits react to Quinn Ewers picking Texas

When Quinn Ewers to Texas went public last night, it started an avalanche of possibilities for the 2022 class and beyond. Big-time players want to play with Ewers, and with the collection of prospects headed to Austin in this cycle, it could spill over into the 2023 group too. Spoke to a handful of commits and prospects on their initial reactions to the blonde mullet coming home.

• “I think Quinn (Ewers) will be a huge pickup,” said Brenen Thompson (Spearman). “It’ll also help bring in some other guys.”
  • “I think there will definitely be some to follow,” said Connor Robertson (Austin Westlake).
  • “(Ewers to Texas) is great,” said Rueben Owens (El Campo). “It’s a good look for UT.”
  • “Big pickup for sure,” said BJ Allen (Aledo). “Should bring some top wide receivers to the program now.”
  • “I mean come on now, it’s Quinn Ewers,” said Johntay Cook (Desoto). “Honestly think the new era of Texas Football is about to begin.”
  • “We about to get crazy in Austin,” said Derrick Brown (Texas High), about the addition of Ewers. “Don’t sleep on the Longhorns.”

The buzz is real. The momentum is rolling. And the Longhorns are putting college football on notice.

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

So Aggy bagman looking at 1st or 2nd degree felony if caught and enforced which is highly unlikely.

Yeah it's a pipe dream which is why nobody ever talks about it, including me. But there's no time like the present to start enforcing it now that there is a legal way for college athletes to make money. 

Edited by Huckleberry

Outside of Banks, I am in favor redshirting every other OL (including Campbell). As someone pointed out, Conner should have been afforded a redshirt year last year but it's probably good he got his feet wet a little. Conner and Angilau can hold down the two guard spots and Campbell would be in perfect position to take over when Angilau departs after the season.

• Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting