Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, Bevo14 said:

The man with his ear to the ground put in a CB for Stewart to Texas.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

"Ears to the street" just put in a Texas CB pick for Stewart.

So I am guessing that someone showed him that video they made.... or he just gave in and didn’t want to miss out on the CB points

Roach's "VIP Intel."  Embarrassing.

Spoiler

VIP intel on a new 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast

MikeRoach

Steve Sarkisian is looking to start the year off with a bang, and he could be off to a fast start as he closes in one big piece of the puzzle. The Longhorns have been pursuing four-star Frisco (Texas) Liberty wide receiver Evan Stewart since last spring, and sources tell Horns247 that the Longhorns seem to have the most buzz with the speedy wide receiver.

Coming into the new year, the Longhorns had separated from the main group along with Alabama and Oregon. The Longhorns were having to play catch up because of Stewart’s relationship with Jay Valai who left Austin following Steve Sarkisian’s arrival, but it sounds like Andre Coleman did some good work in short order.

Stewart is one of the best pure athletes in the country owning a 10.74 100 meter time, 21.08 200 meter time, a long jump of 24-6 and a triple jump of 47-9.

As a junior at Frisco Liberty, Stewart accounted for 913 yards and 9 touchdowns on 46 receptions. His career totals are 1,670 yards and 16 touchdowns on 89 receptions. Stewart trains with Sarkisian’s former college teammate Margin Hooks and plays for the select 7-on-7 club Texas Flex based in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.

247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Gabe Brooks describes Stewart in the following way.

“Adequate-sized receiver with lean, athletic build. Can play from the outside and the slot. Dangerous vertically and in run-after-catch scenarios. Explosive playmaking ability in the open field. Owner of one of the best track and field profiles in the 2022 class. Personal records include 10.74 100, 21.08 200, 24-6 long jump, and 47-9 triple jump. Athleticism translates to the gridiron. Gets on top of corners quickly and flashes runaway speed. Shows good acceleration. Quick-footed and should possess high ceiling as a route-runner. Springy in 50-50 situations and can go up and get it in traffic. Can more consistently leverage DB's into breaks. Filling out and getting stronger will help transition to facing high-major DB's, as a pass-catcher and a perimeter blocker. One of the top offensive prospects in Texas for 2022. Could become an all-conference wideout at the P5 level with long-term early-round NFL Draft potential.”

At 6-feet, 175 pounds, Stewart is ranked as the No. 5 wide receiver in the nation and No. 8 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

Roach has pretty much guaranteed that he'll be taking an L today no matter how it plays out. Rough look for the guy. 

Aside from his embarrassing day, that tweet seems to have hit everyone in the industry pretty flat footed. TFB hinting but vaguely enough to give them deniability either way. Now I'm wondering if Stewart just popped off a tweet to liven up a boring Monday and nothing is really immanent. 

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Roach has pretty much guaranteed that he'll be taking an L today no matter how it plays out. Rough look for the guy. 

Aside from his embarrassing day, that tweet seems to have hit everyone in the industry pretty flat footed. TFB hinting but vaguely enough to give them deniability either way. Now I'm wondering if Stewart just popped off a tweet to liven up a boring Monday and nothing is really immanent. 

His last follow is an edit maker fwiw.

9 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Roach's "VIP Intel."  Embarrassing.

Reveal hidden contents

VIP intel on a new 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast

MikeRoach

Steve Sarkisian is looking to start the year off with a bang, and he could be off to a fast start as he closes in one big piece of the puzzle. The Longhorns have been pursuing four-star Frisco (Texas) Liberty wide receiver Evan Stewart since last spring, and sources tell Horns247 that the Longhorns seem to have the most buzz with the speedy wide receiver.

Coming into the new year, the Longhorns had separated from the main group along with Alabama and Oregon. The Longhorns were having to play catch up because of Stewart’s relationship with Jay Valai who left Austin following Steve Sarkisian’s arrival, but it sounds like Andre Coleman did some good work in short order.

Stewart is one of the best pure athletes in the country owning a 10.74 100 meter time, 21.08 200 meter time, a long jump of 24-6 and a triple jump of 47-9.

As a junior at Frisco Liberty, Stewart accounted for 913 yards and 9 touchdowns on 46 receptions. His career totals are 1,670 yards and 16 touchdowns on 89 receptions. Stewart trains with Sarkisian’s former college teammate Margin Hooks and plays for the select 7-on-7 club Texas Flex based in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.

247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Gabe Brooks describes Stewart in the following way.

“Adequate-sized receiver with lean, athletic build. Can play from the outside and the slot. Dangerous vertically and in run-after-catch scenarios. Explosive playmaking ability in the open field. Owner of one of the best track and field profiles in the 2022 class. Personal records include 10.74 100, 21.08 200, 24-6 long jump, and 47-9 triple jump. Athleticism translates to the gridiron. Gets on top of corners quickly and flashes runaway speed. Shows good acceleration. Quick-footed and should possess high ceiling as a route-runner. Springy in 50-50 situations and can go up and get it in traffic. Can more consistently leverage DB's into breaks. Filling out and getting stronger will help transition to facing high-major DB's, as a pass-catcher and a perimeter blocker. One of the top offensive prospects in Texas for 2022. Could become an all-conference wideout at the P5 level with long-term early-round NFL Draft potential.”

At 6-feet, 175 pounds, Stewart is ranked as the No. 5 wide receiver in the nation and No. 8 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

easiest 9.95 ive ever spent. That also equals about $20.87 canadian. Money well spent

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

Refugio is about 70 miles south of Cuero (Whittington), which is about 12 miles south of Yoakum (Moore), which is about 15 miles south of Hallettsville (Brooks), which is about 12 miles east of Shiner (Brooks).

But where is that in relation to Silsbee?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

So Sark has not hired all his recruiting staff and his coaches have not had a group meeting,  but he is about to let his nuts hang at WR recruiting just so Lincoln and Jimbo can watch.  Sounds very Saban-like to me.

Our recruits need to start taking their commitment photo with Sark and Banks in front of this picture (the Alabama way) with a nice big Hook’em.

image.jpeg.c6e37844d63cbb57974a76006c99ec67.jpeg

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, crum said:

also just to end my Stewart story, very nice guy with a level head and runs with good people. Not sure if he's "flaky," but knowing he is a good kid that might even rival Tunimise in how good he is

We should be in good shape then. This does not describe anything Oklahoma or A&M recruits.

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

I know a guy who knows Stewart. He says Stewart really likes Texas now that Sark is there, and that Texas has his attention. My guy gave me this information publicly on a message board when I saw him post for the first time, so you can say we’re “tight.”

To be fair, I thought we were all tight here. At least the ones that lived through the coaching search together anyway.

And I have seen your movie at least 20 times and consider you a close personal friend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The gypsy flies from coast to coast

I get the reference. I'm finding on the dating apps they don't use their real age or name on dating apps. Anyway back to recruiting related so I don't get negged, I think the fact Ewers seems impulsive works in our favor. I think the later he flips the better for us in that regard. He pulls the trigger on a commitment as quick as he releases the ball. I believe that tOSU is not a foregone conclusion at this point and thus bodes well for us.  We have a lot of time to work on him and I'm not quite confident yet to bet fisting myself ,but confident nonetheless.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting