Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm assuming the text he got was one of his coworkers sending him screenshots of basically every other recruiting service in existence.

I always assume that that just means he finally decided to compare whatever info his contacts have said to what is in this thread... once its  a given that his info is out of date he just runs with the most recent shit in here and throw some form of vague wording around it

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Machinator said:

This was more informative than any of the half-dozen or so "updates" that Mike Roach posted this afternoon.

Yeah Roach's updates are comical because anybody who "knows" Stewart knows he doesn't necessarily hide information about himself. Maybe from the media, but he's pretty open in conversation where his head is at 

• Hook 'Em 2

Gerry with a little background on Stewart:

Spoiler

When I was by Stewart's school two weeks ago, [Oregon, Alabama, and Texas were] definitely the three in play the most. Oregon was sneaky in the mix. Texas has been on him the longest. This is a BIG first recruitment for Jeff Banks at Texas. Evan mentioned to me he really likes Bryan Carrington, as is to be expected.

Stewart is from Tennessee. Mom was All-SEC in track. Stewart didn't grow up loving Texas. It was the other UT that his full attention growing up.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

To be fair he probably would have eliminated Texas altogether if he had talked to Herman. 

It really is shocking if you stop and think about it. The guy comes in and puts together 2 top 5 classes in a row, and then a little over a year later is so despised that an entire recruiting class flipped him off as they all head out of state or to aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, crum said:

a very non-update update. I actually know Evan Stewart and a lot of people around him. Last summer he didn't really like Texas because he hadn't talked to Herman (shocker), but he mentioned Sark and Bama by name as liking their offense and Waddle. I heard from around him that he fell more in love with Sark's offense and the NCG really sparked his interest in Texas. He loved the hire, but he didn't sound like he was necessarily close to a decision. I also know he's decent friends with Armani. 

TLDR: Went to high school near Stewart so I know him and his crew, liked Sark, hated Herman huge shocker. 

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Ketch on Stewart:

crum is ketch???? fuck you crum!

Random A&M poster

"This kid is special. I've never seen a WR carry a HS team...and this kid does.

His HS team, prior to his soph year had not won a single game in four years. His soph year they began using him like he was a one-man show. They ran endless jet sweeps to ensure they got him the ball enough to earn their first win in five years (I was there - pulling for the opposing team). Then this year his team makes the playoff. That turns heads. I'm telling you - this kid is special. Not only does he have the talent, but he must bring it everyday to the point his teammates keep thinking he can create magic enough they believe they can win. That is a new feeling for that HS football program...and frankly the rest of the area isn't used to it yet. They are no longer a forgone conclusion your third team was going to get to play. Now you're trying to figure out how you can stop Stewart and two kids isn't working.

This is a kid I want A&M to target. If he doesn't go to A&M, do not lose credibility and say you do not think he's good. Because if you say that - anyone that has actually seen this kid play in a game - will no longer extend you football credibility"

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

Random A&M poster

"This kid is special. I've never seen a WR carry a HS team...and this kid does.

His HS team, prior to his soph year had not won a single game in four years. His soph year they began using him like he was a one-man show. They ran endless jet sweeps to ensure they got him the ball enough to earn their first win in five years (I was there - pulling for the opposing team). Then this year his team makes the playoff. That turns heads. I'm telling you - this kid is special. Not only does he have the talent, but he must bring it everyday to the point his teammates keep thinking he can create magic enough they believe they can win. That is a new feeling for that HS football program...and frankly the rest of the area isn't used to it yet. They are no longer a forgone conclusion your third team was going to get to play. Now you're trying to figure out how you can stop Stewart and two kids isn't working.

This is a kid I want A&M to target. If he doesn't go to A&M, do not lose credibility and say you do not think he's good. Because if you say that - anyone that has actually seen this kid play in a game - will no longer extend you football credibility"

This sounds exactly like Tyrone Swoopes' impact at Whitewright his senior year. I remember covering the transformation on Shaggy. He put that team on his back, completed damned near every pass that season, and carried them the whole year. 

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:
This sounds exactly like Tyrone Swoopes' impact at Whitewright his senior year. I remember covering the transformation on Shaggy. He put that team on his back, completed damned near every pass that season, and carried them the whole year. 

Junior year for sure, senior year not so much.

No, it was his SR year. I remember thinking, this is all totally justifying Mack Brown forcing Harsin to take this dude instead of JT Barrett. It was all truly stunning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Just want to provide an update on Stewart. Since leaving the Daily Show, he’s been working on various projects, but NONE of those projects involved going back to college and playing football. 

I think he played soccer at W&M, so he may have used up his eligibility anyway.

Roach's ears found a new street:
Spoiler

Just got a text that indicates something may have indeed changed. I’ve got to have way more before I feel good enough to put a pick in but I’ve discovered the first signs of life to that theory.

Looks he got tight with some more people

21 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Jordan Whitington down in Cuero would like a word.  If not far south enough, the Detmer brothers did ok with their Heisman, National championship and other records.  Steve Mongo McMichael would agree but his pro bowl and Super bowl rings can't let him.   And last but not least one of our own posters Willie Mack Garza i think was pretty ok.

Not to mention the high jump champion out of Refugio in the early 80s. I guess I'm not actually mentioning him because I forgot his fucking name. Help! It sucks being senile.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting