Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

IT

Spoiler

DB Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook (2022):

At 6-foot, 190 pounds, the state’s top safety prospect has a decision date. The four-star with 44 offers including LSU, Alabama, Texas A&M, and USC is finally ready to make his choice. Again.

Anderson, a one-time LSU pledge, has been rearranging his schedule to fully maximize the opportunities starting June 1st.

Anderson, on his new schedule and timeline: “On June 1st or 2nd - LSU unofficial, June 4th-6th - Texas A&M official, June 12th - 7v7 SQT, June 18th-20th - Alabama official, and June 25th-27th - Texas official. Then on July 4th - Commitment Day.”

Anderson is a priority for most staffs, and the Texas coaches have fully convinced him of its need. From Steve Sarkisian, to Pete Kwiatkowski, to Terry Joseph, the Horns are all-in on the talented defensive back.

We still feel like Texas is in a great spot here heading into June.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Ohio State feels confident there 

I get that tOSU's program is in better shape than UT's, but Sark should be able to pull a Cali guy to Austin over fucking Columbus. I understand visits are in June but he should force the guy to visit Columbus between December and May - It pretty much sucks half the year for weather and the full year for being Ohio.

Edited by Bevo

11 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I get that tOSU's program is in better shape than UT's, but Sark should be able to pull a Cali guy to Austin over fucking Columbus. I understand visits are in June but he should force the guy to visit Columbus between December and May - It pretty much sucks half the year for weather and the full year for being Ohio.

is Greene close to Maalik?

The fucking weather argument again? Jesus. We bring this up all the fucking time as though it’s some sort of deterrent yet they keep landing top three classes, many of which are filled with multiple 5 stars from Texas, and go to the playoffs pretty much every year. You know what keeps you warm? Winning and burning couches. Maybe we should start winning some games and use that to bring talent to Austin instead of talking about the weather.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

The fucking weather argument again? Jesus. We bring this up all the fucking time as though it’s some sort of deterrent yet they keep landing top three classes, many of which are filled with multiple 5 stars from Texas, and go to the playoffs pretty much every year. You know what keeps you warm? Winning and burning couches. Maybe we should start winning some games and use that to bring talent to Austin instead of talking about the weather.

This man is right. It's a business decision y'all. 

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Bevo said:

33 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Lol

Okay...? I am sure they feel confident about a lot of recruits that they eventually lose out on. 

Just ask Bijan Robinson.

I’m sorry my post upset you 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

When we were winning back in the day, it would be hard for me to see top recruits like Vince, Cedric, Roy Williams, Earl Campbell, Earl Thomas Jamaal Charles or any other Texas high school stud going to Ohio State.  Until Urban got there they were rolling with Troy Smith and Craig Krenzel.  Archie Griffin is a joke compared to Earl, Ricky and Cedric.  Colt and Quan beat their ass too.  Ewers is making a big mistake but he might be into burning couches, ugly women and snow.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I like how you gloss over the fact that Ohio State is in better shape. As in playing for conference and national titles and sending players to the NFL while we try to figure out how to beat sub .500 TCU better shape. Sure, focus on the fucking weather as the main point of differentiation. 

• Like 1

Mike at Night: Where does Texas stand with 2022 WR Shazz Preston?

Spoiler

— Before I came home today, I made the trip to Saint James (La.) to see priority Texas target Shazz Preston. The star receiver from The Boot has a trip scheduled to Austin in June and is looking forward to seeing Texas for the first time. The Longhorns are sneaking into this race and emerging as a real darkhorse candidate. They’re going to have to perform the tough work of getting a Louisiana kid away from LSU, and they’ll also have to keep him away from the clutches of Georgia and Alabama as well. A tall task to be sure, but the Longhorns have some things happening in their favor.

— Preston was close with Steve Sarkisian when he was at Alabama, and that relationship continued when Sark came to Austin. Andre Coleman had offered Preston last year, so he already had a relationship established as well. Add in the help Texas is getting from Director of Recruiting Brandon Harris and offensive analyst Cordae Hankton, and there’s a reason why there is a little buzz around the Longhorns in this recruitment.

— I spoke to a couple of sources in Louisiana who feel that it’s still up in the air whether he will stay in state or not. LSU is always going to be a formidable foe for Louisiana kids, but there are many who feel that Alabama is capable of coming into the state lines and taking him away. Preston lives less than an hour away from LSU’s campus, but he did express a desire to possibly get out of the state and see different parts of the country.

— Whatever the case may be, this doesn’t sound like anything is happening any time soon. Preston is saving most of his official visits for the fall except for Texas which he will take in the summer. If he likes what he sees of Austin he can get back in an unofficial capacity pretty easy. If this goes into the fall and Texas can show something on the field, they might be able to push a little harder. One other thing to keep in mind is that Preston is close friends with Texas target Bryce Anderson after the two played 7v7 football together this spring. If Texas can land Anderson, who announced his attention to commit on July 4, it could help put another familiar voice in his ear.

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

Texas needs speedy WRs and large OL. But first, let me talk about my crush in this class, which is neither of those things.

I’ve always found it weird that Texas would always take slower receivers over faster smaller guys dating back to early to mid 2000s. And more so when we went to the spread. It’s the one thing that you can’t really coach, guys either have it they don’t. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I’m sorry my post upset you

Who's upset?

I was simply pointing out the fact that your post was inconsequential. When the kid is spending the time and money to take unofficial visits all over the country (and then also taking official visits later on), then it would seem that the level of confidence of whoever it is that you are referencing is also irrelevant at this point in time.

Maybe they land the kid, maybe they don't. We will see.

• Fuck You 1

58 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Who's upset?

I was simply pointing out the fact that your post was inconsequential. When the kid is spending the time and money to take unofficial visits all over the country (and then also taking official visits later on), then it would seem that the level of confidence of whoever it is that you are referencing is also irrelevant at this point in time.

13A4290E-698B-4CB3-88C1-95138B19B122.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Mike at Night: Where does Texas stand with 2022 WR Shazz Preston?

Reveal hidden contents

— Before I came home today, I made the trip to Saint James (La.) to see priority Texas target Shazz Preston. The star receiver from The Boot has a trip scheduled to Austin in June and is looking forward to seeing Texas for the first time. The Longhorns are sneaking into this race and emerging as a real darkhorse candidate. They’re going to have to perform the tough work of getting a Louisiana kid away from LSU, and they’ll also have to keep him away from the clutches of Georgia and Alabama as well. A tall task to be sure, but the Longhorns have some things happening in their favor.

— Preston was close with Steve Sarkisian when he was at Alabama, and that relationship continued when Sark came to Austin. Andre Coleman had offered Preston last year, so he already had a relationship established as well. Add in the help Texas is getting from Director of Recruiting Brandon Harris and offensive analyst Cordae Hankton, and there’s a reason why there is a little buzz around the Longhorns in this recruitment.

— I spoke to a couple of sources in Louisiana who feel that it’s still up in the air whether he will stay in state or not. LSU is always going to be a formidable foe for Louisiana kids, but there are many who feel that Alabama is capable of coming into the state lines and taking him away. Preston lives less than an hour away from LSU’s campus, but he did express a desire to possibly get out of the state and see different parts of the country.

— Whatever the case may be, this doesn’t sound like anything is happening any time soon. Preston is saving most of his official visits for the fall except for Texas which he will take in the summer. If he likes what he sees of Austin he can get back in an unofficial capacity pretty easy. If this goes into the fall and Texas can show something on the field, they might be able to push a little harder. One other thing to keep in mind is that Preston is close friends with Texas target Bryce Anderson after the two played 7v7 football together this spring. If Texas can land Anderson, who announced his attention to commit on July 4, it could help put another familiar voice in his ear.

Just watched Shazz Preston's HUDL highlights, here:  https://www.hudl.com/profile/7715878/Shazz-Preston

Good Lord ... the kid is really, REALLY good.

5 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I like how you gloss over the fact that Ohio State is in better shape. As in playing for conference and national titles and sending players to the NFL while we try to figure out how to beat sub .500 TCU better shape. Sure, focus on the fucking weather as the main point of differentiation. 

What I was saying is that the state of Ohio sucks and the thought of the school doing well or the fans being happy pisses me off. And I would like to donate a fuckton of money to send every shit throwing panhandler in Austin to Columbus where they can fit in with general public and no one will notice a difference in their city.

7 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Who's upset?

On the recruiting board, it’s relevant to point out when other schools feel good about landing a recruit

• Hook 'Em 5

11 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

When we were winning back in the day, it would be hard for me to see top recruits like Vince, Cedric, Roy Williams, Earl Campbell, Earl Thomas Jamaal Charles or any other Texas high school stud going to Ohio State.  Until Urban got there they were rolling with Troy Smith and Craig Krenzel.  Archie Griffin is a joke compared to Earl, Ricky and Cedric.  Colt and Quan beat their ass too.  Ewers is making a big mistake but he might be into burning couches, ugly women and snow.  

Krenzel went 24-2 in 2 years as a starter. Played in 2 BCS bowls and won a national championship (even though Miami should have actually won.)

Troy Smith went 25-3 as a starter and won every award including Heisman in 06. Unanimous All American. His number is retired. Played in 2 BCS bowls (lost the National Championship game to Florida)

GIF by LoveIndieFilms

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I'd focus on hot Texas thots vs fat pasty sweater wearing hogs up in Columbus.  Personally.

I hate to tell you, but the football team at Ohio State is going to pull pretty girls. The top end talent at a college with 50k students is going to be just fine even if the median is a lot lower.

4 hours ago, Fud said:

On the recruiting board, it’s relevant to point out when other schools feel good about landing a 

The kid is from California, and is planning a recruiting world tour. Yet, Ohio is confident like they always are... That's really cool, man.

• Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Krenzel went 24-2 in 2 years as a starter. Played in 2 BCS bowls and won a national championship (even though Miami should have actually won.)

Troy Smith went 25-3 as a starter and won every award including Heisman in 06. Unanimous All American. His number is retired. Played in 2 BCS bowls (lost the National Championship game to Florida)

GIF by LoveIndieFilms

Love the post, but I feel the gif isn't nearly as vicious as the initial post deserved. Something more like:

tenor.gif?itemid=9935102

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

The kid is from California, and is planning a recruiting world tour. Yet, Ohio is confident like they always are... That's really cool, man.

You're being incredibly obtuse about a poster just saying what another staff thinks about their chances of landing a guy. And if you think our chances for an out-of-state tOSU priority target are good, I hate to tell you how this usually goes (thank Christ Bijan was the exception).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Counterpoint

image.png.fe126e83cb857d1d3b4d258b80c23000.png

I'm not sure Krenzel was the reason for the success.

No, but he didn't hold them back. Additionally, as amazing as it is to say this, these were before the days of prolific spread offense and it was a different era of football. Everyone knows Ken Dorsey was not a great QB and wasn't the reason for Miami's success either, but there's no one wringing their hands and going "Woe is me, if only we didn't have Ken Dorsey."

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career Miami (FL)         668 1153 57.9 9565 8.3 8.7 86 28 147.4

1999 Miami (FL) Big East   QB 6 74 120 61.7 807 6.7 7.6 10 2 142.3
2000 Miami (FL) Big East SO QB 11 188 322 58.4 2737 8.5 9.4 25 5 152.3
2001 Miami (FL) Big East JR QB 11 184 318 57.9 2652 8.3 8.5 23 9 146.1
*2002 Miami (FL) Big East SR QB 13 222 393 56.5 3369 8.6 8.6 28 12 145.9

Eric Crouch averaged less than 2k yards a season for Nebraska over the course of 4 years starting, with his high water mark being his senior year in 2001, where he combined for a whopping 2625 yards in the air and on the ground. Was he not integral to Nebraska's success?

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You're being incredibly obtuse

*Shawshank Redemption meme*

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

if you think our chances for an out-of-state tOSU priority target are good

I never gave a thought to our chances. Nor did I post about the weather in Colombus. I just do not believe it is incredibly impressionable that OSU has confidence right now. Sorry if I defiled the honor of your best friend, Fuddy. I'm sure he is a good man, and thorough.

• Fuck You 3

12 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Fyi 10 day in Columbus

image.png.22bc9a1d6aad32582ac373ffe7fde926.png

10 day in Austin

image.png.a3af0afd1501cbaf0e01c04efe3e0840.png

weather report GIF

Ahhhh. But you see, the TRICK is to "force" recruits visit Columbus in the winter when it sucks, like Bevo said. It's just that easy! Just make 'em do it. Then you get all the 'croots. Easy peasy.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You're being incredibly obtuse about a poster just saying what another staff thinks about their chances of landing a guy. And if you think our chances for an out-of-state tOSU priority target are good, I hate to tell you how this usually goes (thank Christ Bijan was the exception).

Think about it another way. We landed Bijan with Herman as the head coach and a less than stellar coaching staff. I feel a little more confident now with Sark as the head coach and a spider monkey with the program. I understand the angst, but I feel no need to hide in my shell when I hear Ohio fucking State has interest in a recruit.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting