Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

After thinking on it a bit, really how different is it from a kid moving to IMG his senior year? All of the same loyalty/team player/business decision commentary could be applied to both. Is a handful of exhibition games with a high school All Star team at a fake diploma factory really the difference between “acceptable decision” and “red flags everywhere!!?”

It’s different because he’s not transferring to another school to play. He’s quitting high school football entirely. Maybe that changes and he does end up going somewhere else to play but if not it’s a serious indicator that he will skip games that he does not think help him reach the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You’re such a fucking dumbass if you don’t 100% this as a character concern issue. I assume you think highly of Juwan Mitchell as well if you’re okay with this. “Opting out is quitting,” - Steve Sarkisian

Based on your ability to write coherent sentences and make assumptions, you should probably slow down on calling people fucking dumbasses, incel. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Roach is doing the "there's more to this story than meets the eye but I can't tell you" bit.

IT already spilled the beans. Blue got in a heated argument with his high school coach which led to him basically quitting the team. The “opting out” part is just a cover.

18 hours ago, Bevo said:

What I was saying is that the state of Ohio sucks and the thought of the school doing well or the fans being happy pisses me off. And I would like to donate a fuckton of money to send every shit throwing panhandler in Austin to Columbus where they can fit in with general public and no one will notice a difference in their city.

We can just go ahead and say every state fucking sucks, some states have nice spots but by and large every state is overall shitty.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’d argue overall Wyoming doesn’t suck 

Speaking of shitty fucking weather, pick the state you might get stuck in your car overnight on the pass between Laramie and Cheyenne after a UW game because a blizzard's trapped you in.

Also rich girls from Cincinnati and Cleveland will be better looking than those ranchhand's daughters.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

IT already spilled the beans. Blue got in a heated argument with his high school coach which led to him basically quitting the team. The “opting out” part is just a cover.

Listen. Someone had to tell the coach that 15 receptions/game for JB wasn't tenable. I guess the coach wasn't ready to hear it

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Gerry doubling down that the coaches should cut bait and saying he's known about issues for a while but he won't go into details. 

Also, this made me lol:

image.thumb.png.0b39804b4a771867616b6895af47bbb0.png

Open your eyes people! "Need a RB in the class who runs between the tackles" is so clearly code for "Blue has issues with his coaches and will be opting out of his senior year on 5/20". Nahlin won't stand for anyone thinking he just may have gotten scooped on a story. 

No it's code for Blue doesn't want to do that and if forced to do it, will take games off due to minor injuries. Cedric Benson, Blue is not. What is interesting about this story is Sarkisian's statement when he was hired referring to the recent trend of players opting out as quitters.

As far as the kid that is thinking of opening up his commitment I am guessing it's Ross.

Edited by HtownHorn

43 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

No it's code for Blue doesn't want to do that and if forced to do it, will take games off due to minor injuries. Cedric Benson, Blue is not.

Nah, if that was his evaluation of Blue he would have been harping on it before, explicitly. No reason to be coy, that’s just a player evaluation. He doesn’t shy away from calling out prospect weaknesses, even ones that committed to Texas.

From the IT commitment story: 

Coach says: Strengths Solidly built with a great frame for the position. Has potential to grow into a thickly built power back. Takes a good first step with patience to let the blocking play out. Excellent balance. Good vision and a quick burst of acceleration to the hole. Has a subtle jump cut and has good lateral ability to make people miss in tight space. Accelerates well to a very good top end speed although it does not look as fast as his track time would suggest. Runs hard and with purpose and will run through just about any arm tackle. Has reliable hands with good soft catching motion.

Areas for Improvement/Concern – Pass protection and route running are relatively unknown.

Nahlin needs to be seen as the smartest person on the board and it drives him crazy if it appears he was caught unaware of something, hence that post. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

Speaking of shitty fucking weather, pick the state you might get stuck in your car overnight on the pass between Laramie and Cheyenne after a UW game because a blizzard's trapped you in.

Also rich girls from Cincinnati and Cleveland will be better looking than those ranchhand's daughters.

But those ranch hand daughters have that Kung Fu grip

2 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Here's random Twitter guy chiming in

the odds of this being a troll account are quite high

6 month old account, 1 total tweet (this one), 0 followers, 0 following, 1 like:

dNgFW2st

so probably accidentally liked 1 tweet on the wrong account.

that fields account has a pretty stunning 37 tweets to 1 follower ratio

Spoiler

MJsZyZVv

fields account followers:

Spoiler

9NenzxuD

if you look at the followers and following there is basically nothing on that account that has any ties to Texas.

https://twitter.com/burner_fields/following

all that said in my previous tweet here is another guy saying basically the same thing about him getting kicked off:

this loftin guy is an aggy btw:

here's another account that i assume is tied to the fake one above saying the same stuff + some more info, again probably total bullshit. the odds of 2 accounts with 0 followers both having their tweets be to each other and randomly finding them in the replies to an account are basically nil.

account created in may 2021, 0 following, 0 followers, 0 likes only tweets are about this topic,

Spoiler

xZRnT367

all and all a VERY strange situation. i would say with near 100% certainty those two accounts are tied to each other in some way or by the same person.

people are really fucking weird.

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Bama is blaring the "Texas is racist" trumpet as desperately as they can to Texas recruits in this cycle. It's a weak argument from anyone and a laughable one from Alabama. However, Jai Valai knows how to play that tune with a certain personality type among the handlers and coaches that he knows. 

Am I the only one that's encouraged that Bama, of all programs, feels the need to go harshly negative against a program that has exactly one top 10 finish in the past decade? That seems to me like an indicator that we're on the right track.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Am I the only one that's encouraged that Bama, of all programs, feels the need to go harshly negative against a program that has exactly one top 10 finish in the past decade? That seems to me like an indicator that we're on the right track.

Maybe. I hope you're right. I've viewed it as typical Nick Saban being a fucking asshole stuff. He's well-known as a plotter against his former staff members and goes out of his way to ensure that they know he's still their daddy. Maybe Sarkisian can buck the trend with him when they face off on the field in 2022 and 2023. I'd like to see Texas get back to getting what it rightly deserves inside its own state borders ahead of that, of course.

Also, I'd enjoy watching Nick Saban go into cardiac arrest in the middle of a game on the sidelines. He's a piece of shit sociopath and I'm beyond tired of his shit, especially now that the aggies just flat out opened up the state to these inbred fucks. Seriously though, if any of you are ever somewhere in public while Nick Saban's head explodes on live television, I'll be the guy cackling as loud as I can at a table near the bar.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I think it's funny. You would think every kid has seen clips (at least through things like Forest Gump) of what integration was like in Alabama. I won't say more because glass houses and all, but to hear Alabama claim that Texas is racist is rich...

2 hours ago, NoName said:

all that said in my previous tweet here is another guy saying basically the same thing about him getting kicked off:

this loftin guy is an aggy btw:

here's another account that i assume is tied to the fake one above saying the same stuff + some more info, again probably total bullshit. the odds of 2 accounts with 0 followers both having their tweets be to each other and randomly finding them in the replies to an account are basically nil.

account created in may 2021, 0 following, 0 followers, 0 likes only tweets are about this topic,

Reveal hidden contents

xZRnT367

all and all a VERY strange situation. i would say with near 100% certainty those two accounts are tied to each other in some way or by the same person.

people are really fucking weird.

Probably a die hard aggy coach/parent local to the situation that wants to blow the facts out of proportion. In truth both sides are probably in the wrong and at the very least this should be a moderately sized red flag for Blue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Let’s imagine our reaction if this was a aggy/OU commit. It’s a major character concern and we’ve seen how those typically play out.

CeeDee Lamb was viewed as a character concern. That played out well for us. Blue might just be a dumb kid that will later regret this decision and be a first round draft pick that shits all over blOwU during his career at Texas. Or he could fail spectacularly. Here’s to hoping most of this board is wrong for Texas’s sake. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

CeeDee Lamb was viewed as a character concern. That played out well for us. Blue might just be a dumb kid that will later regret this decision and be a first round draft pick that shits all over blOwU during his career at Texas. Or he could fail spectacularly. Here’s to hoping most of this board is wrong for Texas’s sake. 

I don't remember Lamb being viewed as a character concern, and I follow this as closely as anyone 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

No he wasn’t. 

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don't remember Lamb being viewed as a character concern, and I follow this as closely as anyone 

I just remember thinking that he'd be a late flip to LSU. One of those kind of kids that's barely recruited until January and then LSU pays him a little attention and the flip is complete. 

20 minutes ago, Fud said:

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

No he wasn’t. 

These guys are correct. 

26 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

You're conflating Lamb with Charleston Rambo, who was a character risk who's father had to apologize to coaches for his bullshit and was an overranked talent. They both ended up at OU. Rambo washed out and is now with Miami. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

I just remember thinking that he'd be a late flip to LSU. One of those kind of kids that's barely recruited until January and then LSU pays him a little attention and the flip is complete. 

He had 33 receiving TD’s and I think is fourth all time in yards for a season from his senior year. Seems like he should have been a 5*. He decommited once and then went back. I for some reason thought we never pursued because chuckles identified him as a risk. Makes it hurt even worse in hindsight. 

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

These guys are correct. 

You're conflating Lamb with Charleston Rambo, who was a character risk who's father had to apologize to coaches for his bullshit and was an overranked talent. They both ended up at OU. Rambo washed out and is now with Miami. 

Ahh thanks. My bad. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're conflating Lamb with Charleston Rambo, who was a character risk who's father had to apologize to coaches for his bullshit and was an overranked talent.

That was Arjei Henderson, right?  I know Arjei Henderson's dad RJ (Team Texas Elite) had to come apologize for his son at like 6 different schools after he and his bro Wease came to town. Arjei has gone from Blinn to Jacksonville State after Florida released him from his NLI because he didn't have the grades/classes complete. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

That was Arjei Henderson, right?  I know Arjei Henderson's dad RJ (Team Texas Elite) had to come apologize for his son at like 6 different schools after he and his bro Wease came to town. Arjei has gone from Blinn to Jacksonville State after Florida released him from his NLI because he didn't have the grades/classes complete. 

Henderson was in the 2019 cycle; it's more likely that he was confusing Lamb with Rambo because they were both in the 2017 cycle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

SI Georgia Insider, formerly of 247. He's got sources.

The time in your life when you are the alpha dog and you're going to pass that up. Things are really messed up right now. Kids going to regret these decision years later. Live life to the fullest when you can because days go by quickly and you don't get a do over.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Notes from Clint Brewster re: Elite 11 camp in Nashville. Visiting aggy the next weekend

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-AM-Aggies-Memphis-Florida-Gators-Auburn-Tigers-Ole-Miss-Tevin-Carter-Elite-11-Nashville--165535721/

Carter probably had the biggest arm at the event. He’s got a lot of raw physical talent and tested well at 6-foot-4, 230 pounds. Carter threw a tight ball and hit the vertical planes downfield with accuracy. He didn’t have a 2020 season which he needed in terms of development to his game but he showed up today and displayed some elite traits. Carter can power the ball downfield with the best of them and could be a big time player at the next level if his continues to refine his footwork and tie everything together.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

The time in your life when you are the alpha dog and you're going to pass that up. Things are really messed up right now. Kids going to regret these decision years later. Live life to the fullest when you can because days go by quickly and you don't get a do over.

Thanks, dad

IT

Spoiler

CB Denver Harris, North Shore (Houston, TX) - 2022

”This one is going to go down to the wire,” a well placed source said of the five-star corner’s decision. By this, he didn’t mean the decision would drag out until signing day. He meant, Texas versus Alabama.

On Thursday, Harris had a Zoom call with numerous Texas staff members, including Steve Sarkisian, Pete Kwiatkowski, and Terry Joseph. It was more of the same from previous calls, but Denver was fully engaged and laughing and joking with everyone else. PK went over some of the things we’ve pointed out in the clinic segments in previous Scoops and Humidors, namely drill work and scheme highlights. PK also showed clips of D’Shawn Jamison making mistakes in practice, then coaches correcting the mistakes leading to the pick-six in the spring game.

I wouldn’t say Texas or Alabama are concerned at this point, but given the familiarity the Texas coaches have with Saban, and Saban has with the Texas coaches, both sides are definitely aware of what they’re up against.

Harris is still locked in for his Texas official visit June 18th-20th and Alabama June 25th-27th. Before those visits, he’ll take officials to LSU and A&M.

While June is a huge month for Denver, there’s a scenario where Texas and Bama are still running neck and neck after the official visits. There’s been some talk Denver will announce when Bryce Anderson does on July 4th but IT believes that’s unlikely.

Buckle up.

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX) - 2022

Anderson flip-flopped his official visits and will now see Austin the last weekend in June and Tuscaloosa the week before.

IT feels strongly UT remains in a great position thanks to early playing time (he can play anywhere in the secondary), proximity, and prioritizing Anderson since the staff arrived.

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022

IT made a stop at Bowie High during the week, and the consensus remains Campbell stays close to home at the end of the day, and Texas remains in a good spot. One source believes Texas’ competition currently is Oklahoma, LSU, and USC. Another source said Campbell will be on campus at Texas A&M at some point in June to listen to what the Aggie staff has to say. That same source said it’s unlikely June will go by without Campbell making a return trip to Austin to meet with the staff in person. Possibly the Texas trip could be an OV, but right now it remains more likely that the OV to Texas will be during the season. USC is scheduled to receive a June OV, as is Oklahoma.

OL Cole Huston, Frisco High (Frisco, TX) - 2022

The versatile interior prospect has June OV’s set to Texas June 11th-13th, Oklahoma June 18th-20th, and Texas A&M June 25th-27th. An OV to Alabama could be in the works for June 4th-6th. Hutson likes the idea of playing center at the next level, but is just fine with guard too. Texas does like him as a center prospect on top of the guard ability.

Fun fact: Hutson’s mother went to Salpointe Catholic, the same school as Bijan Robinson.

DL Jaray Bledsoe, Bremond (Bremond, TX) - 2022

Bledsoe is the prospect in the class of 2022 that would be defined as green. Not only on the field, with an upside that is that of a first round pick, but in recruiting. Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Texas remain the top four for the 6-foot-4, 280-pounder. He hasn’t been communicating as much with the four colleges of late, leaving the schools wondering where they stand and if he will indeed make June OV’s.

IT believes Bledsoe wants to make June OV’s that are tentatively scheduled for Texas A&M (June 4th-6th), Alabama (June 18th-20th) and Texas (June 25th-27th). Getting the schedule set with his family is the next step.

This recruitment is moving at a slower pace than that of many who have been recruited for a while and have a full understanding of the communication part of the process, but none of the schools have backed off.

OLB Derrick Brown, Texas High (Texarkana, TX) - 2022: This recruitment is turning into an old-fashioned Texas-Texas A&M battle. At various points, OU, Arkansas, and Colorado have looked salty for the four-star backer. But it appears the Horns and Aggies have separated.

He'll see UT on June 4th-6th, but don't be surprised if the Texas staff pushes this back to the last weekend in June. There's a sense Brown is the type of recruit that could be impressionable and getting him on the last trip would be beneficial. He'll hit College Station on June 18th-20th, and still has an official scheduled to OU in September.

Brown continues to build his relationship with the UT coaches, especially Pete Kwiatkowski. UT is handling this pursuit so much better than the Clayton Smith recruitment.

LB Jeremy Patton, Tenaha (Tenaha, TX) - 2022: If we had a crystal ball, we'd probably put in a pick of Patton to Texas soon.

Despite overtures from Michigan, Oklahoma State, and Baylor, the four-star inside linebacker target is loving the Longhorns. He'll be in Austin first, on June 4th-6th, and Texas is hoping that first impression is the best one.

RB BLUES

With the opting out of his senior year, Klein Cain tailback and Texas pledge Jaydon Blue has put the UT coaches in a precarious position.

Keeping Blue could set a bad precedent, and have backlash from Texas high school coaches. Dropping Blue means you lose one of the best running backs in the nation.

Fortunately for the staff, they’ve always wanted two running backs in the class and therefore have open lines of communication with a handful of prospects. This includes Tyler Legacy's Jamarion Miller, but there's still little movement in that pursuit.

TreVonte Citizen, Lake Charles Prep (Lake Charles, LA) - 2022

IT has said UT wants a between-the-tackles tailback. This is us repeating that.

Citizen is set to see Texas on June 4th-6th, and there's some reason for optimism. LSU is probably the leader, but there's concern they haven't handled the recruiting process well with the 6-foot, 217-pound four-star.

Stan Drayton remains a big fan. In fact, Citizen might be his favorite back in the country.

Tavorus Jones, Burges (El Paso, TX) - 2022

All signs point to Texas in these sweepstakes and IT would be hard-pressed to name any real competing schools.

He'll be in Austin on June 18th-20th. Along with Patton, he’s another one on commitment watch.

DeAnthony Gatson, Newton (Newton, TX) - 2022

At 5-foot-11, 208 pounds, Gatson revealed his Top 5 list on Thursday: Texas, USC, Colorado, Minnesota, and Iowa State. He's ready to see Austin on June 4th-6th, then Southern Cal on June 11th-13th, and Colorado on June 18th-20th.

Texas looks great here, and the slightest push might put Gatson in UT's Class of 2022.

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Oooh, wait, you're right.. It was Henderson. My bad. I knew it was SOMEONE. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Maybe. I hope you're right. I've viewed it as typical Nick Saban being a fucking asshole stuff. He's well-known as a plotter against his former staff members and goes out of his way to ensure that they know he's still their daddy. Maybe Sarkisian can buck the trend with him when they face off on the field in 2022 and 2023. I'd like to see Texas get back to getting what it rightly deserves inside its own state borders ahead of that, of course.

Also, I'd enjoy watching Nick Saban go into cardiac arrest in the middle of a game on the sidelines. He's a piece of shit sociopath and I'm beyond tired of his shit, especially now that the aggies just flat out opened up the state to these inbred fucks. Seriously though, if any of you are ever somewhere in public while Nick Saban's head explodes on live television, I'll be the guy cackling as loud as I can at a table near the bar.

See the source image

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting