Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

19 minutes ago, Viper said:

I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down.

I hear Svalbard is lively this time of year

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

(Justin Wells) State 7-on-7 recruiting notes

Spoiler

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland (Garland, TX)- 2022:

One of the top receivers in the country for 2022 was on display today. But before that, he took a one-day unofficial to Texas on Thursday.

He raved about the staff and facilities, and liked how they envision him in Sarkisian’s offense.

He also said he loved his SMU visit recently. And that he’ll be dropping a Top 3 list tonight.

He told me Texas and SMU are likely on the list. He also told me he’ll take an official visit to Austin for the Baylor game this fall.

He was sporting the Texas gloves today. Good sign.

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX) - 2022:

The do-it-all defensive back is literally doing it all for West Brook in today’s pool play. In addition to playing safety, he’s also the team’s quarterback.

Anderson tells IT he’ll play QB for West Brook this fall. He says it’s help him as a defensive back, seeing what a QB sees.

Anderson will leave from State 7v7 and head straight to Austin for his visit. He’s eager to meet a handful of the Texas staff and our faces to names.

On visits, he really liked Alabama, he enjoyed Texas A&M, but you get the sense he really wants to see the University of Texas.

RB Jaydon Blue, Klein Cain (Spring, TX) - 2022 (TEXAS):

The four-star Texas running back pledge isn’t able to play this weekend, but he showed up to College Station anyway to support his teammates.

Blue tells IT he wants to play football in his senior season, and that probably entails getting back into the coach’s good graces.

He loved his official visit last weekend, especially hanging around recruits and Texas players. The staff showed him how he’d fit into the offense, and he was thrilled to catch up with the UT staff.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down.

Who are you? Rocky Dennis?

• Haha 1

Roach, on Blue.

The last line could be significant.

If he's being honest - and the staff is on board - it would make it likely that he's resolved any Texas staff concerns related to his statement about opting out of his senior season.

image.thumb.png.8b8842fd888936ed911a7dd07bd8d27a.png

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I don’t know if this is a Mitch Hedberg joke but if he was alive he’d wish it was 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Roach, on Blue.

If he's being honest - and the staff is on board - it would make it likely that he's resolved any Texas staff concerns related to his statement about opting out of his senior season.

My guess he was told to fly straight with no more issues if he doesn’t want to get left out. If he really loves it here, he will put some effort into staying on the up and up. And hopefully he learns from his own follies and embraces the culture and gets to work fixing his problems of his own doing.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Roach, on Blue.

Well in the IT report he also said he wanted to play football his senior year and knew he needed to rebuild bridges with his coaching staff so put all those pieces together. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Bryce Anderson previews third and final official visit to Texas this weekend
NICK HARRIS

Spoiler

Bryce Anderson previews third and final official visit to Texas this weekend
NICK HARRIS

COLLEGE STATION, Texas — It's gonna be a busy weekend for Beaumont West Brook four-star defensive back Bryce Anderson. As soon as he wraps up with West Brook's run in the state 7-on-7 tournament at Veterans Memorial Complex in College Station, Anderson and his family will head straight to Austin for his official visit.

He has his mind set on one thing at a time though, and winning a state championship this weekend is priority number-one for the time-being.

"This is my third year doing this," Anderson said. "It helps a lot playing with these guys and seeing what they can do, it helps a lot."

Texas will be his third of three official visits after taking trips to Texas A&M and Alabama earlier this month. His visit to College Station to see the Aggies went really well as Jimbo Fisher's squad have put themselves back in contention.

"They're sitting pretty good right now," he said. "I took my official there the first week and it was a pretty good official, I liked it up there. The coaches were great, the atmosphere was great. Leon O'Neal hosted me and he was telling me about the culture up there and how they're about to start being that team in Tuscaloosa."

Speaking of that team in Tuscaloosa, Anderson's visit at Alabama came soon after his trip to College Station, and it was admittedly a great time getting to talk to Nick Saban in-person.

"I loved it up there," he said. "When you go up there, you know it's business. They have one mission there and it's to get to the NFL."

Despite not making it to Austin just yet, Anderson has been building a solid relationship with Texas through Steve Sarkisian, defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski, cornerbacks coach Terry Joseph and safeties coach Blake Gideon.

"I've been talking to them a lot. I've talked to them every day this week leading up to my official visit. I'm really just wanting to meet them in-person and they've been joking that they need to make sure I'm a real person. I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like. I'm gonna get the vibes of the coaches, talk football with Coach PK, really look at his schemes and stuff like that to see how he's gonna use me."

When it comes to a decision timeline, he is shooting for a July 4 decision but it may come after as the process has started to become a heated recruitment.

"It's very tough right now," he said. "I'm just enjoying it really and trying to have fun with my guys. During the dead period, I'm gonna sit down with my family and get on the whiteboard and figure out the positives and negatives."

At 6-foot-0, 190 pounds, Anderson is the No. 47 ranked recruit in the country for the class of 2022, according to 247Sports Composite. He is the No. 3 safety in the country and the No. 11 recruit in the state of Texas.

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Is anyone in town actually on commit watch? 

Finkley and Boardingham are wild cards if they're having a good time.

Cam Williams is announcing soon.

Jamarion Miller remembering he loves UT would be fun.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Finkley and Boardingham are wild cards if they're having a good time.

Cam Williams is announcing soon.

Jamarion Miller remembering he loves UT would be fun.

Anderson isn’t in town yet but also him

Nick Harris

Spoiler

It's been a busy (and hot) day in College Station at the Texas state 7-on-7 tournament today as some of the best skill players, secondary players and quarterbacks in the state of Texas were in town looking to secure a state championship.

Mike had some notes in his notebook on my conversation with Bryce earlier and I had an article out earlier with quotes, but just to add to it, I think this will be a very close battle down the stretch between Texas and Texas A&M. While I think Alabama had a good visit, I see this as a two-horse race.

Jimbo Fisher himself has run point on this recruitment in the last few weeks for Texas A&M and it has made Anderson feel like priority number-one. That being said, Texas hasn't had their shot yet and they will get it started tomorrow. Something to note is that his July 4 commitment is tentative right now, and everybody should not be surprised if it's pushed back a little further into the summer. We'll have scoop on his visit early next week to see where Texas sits post-visit.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting