Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

Why do you construe everything as panic. I’m literally just saying the board is slow today, damn. That is not a judgement of anything.

Do you ever stop and think what you can do to speed the board up?  Instead of just asking questions. Really makes you think. 

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

CJ Williams is getting some ND picks.

not a big fan of his idk why im thinking we need more quick twitch. I feel like the speedier guys have a higher hit rate than your box out type receivers... although any offense could always use a Collin Johnson.

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom
  • Hook 'Em 1

image.thumb.png.29e07636f597d54d9a6625f8291902d3.png

Spoiler

Tom Loy

I’ve heard enough to feel confident that Notre Dame has the lead in this recruitment. The Irish have done a great job here for months led by Del Alexander and Tommy Rees. I told you guys ahead of the weekend that this will likely be a prediction I’ll make if things continue to move in the right direction and that’s the case. Texas is a player, as is Stanford, and you can’t count out USC, but I’m riding with Notre Dame to win this battle.

15 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

not a big fan of his idk why im thinking we need more quick twitch. I feel like the speedier guys have a higher hit rate than your box out type receivers... although any offense could always use a Collin Johnson.

Ratings wise, he’s a lot like Anthony Cook, he peaked his sophomore year of HS and he’s pretty maxed out. His rating will probably continue to drop throughout the cycle, but he’ll still end up overrated because he started the process as a 5 star. 

If he was Collin Johnson, he’d be a better take, but he’s only 6’2 so his inability to create separation will hurt him a lot more. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Ratings wise, he’s a lot like Anthony Cook, he peaked his sophomore year of HS and he’s pretty maxed out. His rating will probably continue to drop throughout the cycle, but he’ll still end up overrated because he started the process as a 5 star. 

If he was Collin Johnson, he’d be a better take, but he’s only 6’2 so his inability to create separation will hurt him a lot more. 

Great response and insight. However, the book isn't finished on Anthony Cook. I think he balls out this year, health and scheme have been his issues here. He hasn't been bad.

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Great response and insight. However, the book isn't finished on Anthony Cook. I think he balls out this year, health and scheme have been his issues here. He hasn't been bad.

Yeah, Cook is a solid player and so is Williams. I think both can be at least solid contributors on a good team. 

It’s pretty much impossible to judge any of our 2018 DBs. All of their development has been god awful. 3 years of terrible coaching with Orlando and co and then two straight years with a scheme change. It reminds me of our OL development the last ten years, absolutely horrible. Herman fucked over all those guys. 

18 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, Cook is a solid player and so is Williams. I think both can be at least solid contributors on a good team. 

It’s pretty much impossible to judge any of our 2018 DBs. All of their development has been god awful. 3 years of terrible coaching with Orlando and co and then two straight years with a scheme change. It reminds me of our OL development the last ten years, absolutely horrible. Herman fucked over all those guys. 

I never want to hire a g5 coach again and risk landing their shittastic coaching staff

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I never want to hire a g5 coach again and risk landing their shittastic coaching staff

It is interesting that not a single one of the elite coaches in today’s game came straight from a G5 to their current position. None of Saban, Day, Dabo, or Riley did. Mack had P5 experience before he came to Texas. The only guys I can think of who did were Urban Meyer and Brian Kelly, but both those guys proved themselves at multiple locations and had multiple elite seasons at their last spot, not just one. 

So yeah, hiring both Strong and Herman from a single, short HC stint at a G5 with only one elite season each was really fucking stupid. 

Roach

Sunday, 12 p.m. : Jaylon Guilbeau just left campus. The Texas commit said he had a good time and was hosted by D’Shawn Jamison. He said he did a little recruiting while on the trip talking to Bryce Anderson who will be the last person to leave. Guilbeau is standing firm that his commitment is solid but he also said he will keep his options open until he signs. With guys leaving campus, Nick and I will be reaching out and updating this thread.

1 hour ago, YNW MELLY said:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

@YNW MELLY knows who it is because he told the other coaches at the recruit dinner as well 

Most of these negs are probably for the recruiting intel side of things. I rarely, if ever, neg but I want to make it clear I'm negging specifically for the self-tag.

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting