Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

This could be our first taste of what its like to have a volume recruiter like Jeff Banks on staff.

Could you elaborate on how you’re defining ‘volume recruiter’?

I thought it meant someone who was responsible for his position but helped other coaches outside his group.  It seems like maybe there is more nuance than that.

40 minutes ago, Babytime said:

Could you elaborate on how you’re defining ‘volume recruiter’?

I thought it meant someone who was responsible for his position but helped other coaches outside his group.  It seems like maybe there is more nuance than that.

Sure, generally speaking it’s someone who gets s*** done. A total badass of the sorts. Someone who gets your foot in the door with just about anyone and knows how to play the game. Banks ain’t here to just croot TE’s but this one in particular is someone you would not even have a shot at if he weren’t on staff.

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

247 scouting report on Skinner 

Now tell me...who does that remind you of?

Doesn't block?

Good RECEIVER?

TIGHT END?? 

Reminds me of someone who lives in South Austin ... heh heh ... 😉  😉  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Entry level blocker? Not the most physical? Needs to improve on attacking the ball?

Obviously the answer is Malcolm Epps.

*ducks*

The difference is he's being recruited as a TE out of high school and it's known that he will play tight end at the next level. Where as Epps still thinks he's a wide receiver even after transferring.

Also...Skinner is a top 100 player in the country where as Epps was in the 200's. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The difference is he's being recruited as a TE out of high school and it's known that he will play tight end at the next level. Where as Epps still thinks he's a wide receiver even after transferring.

Also...Skinner is a top 100 player in the country where as Epps was in the 200's. 

Epps was recruited as a tight end, but preferred WR. Herman's size queen tendencies made him believe Epps was a viable option there.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Entry level blocker? Not the most physical? Needs to improve on attacking the ball?

Obviously the answer is Malcolm Epps.

*ducks*

You missed the "some straight-line speed" part.  Epps definitely had less than some.

The Stampede: Buzz coming out of final OV weekend
MIKE ROACH

Spoiler

MIKE ROACH

The dead period began at 12:01 this morning bringing a stop to the most hectic month in recruiting history. As schools continually tried to cram as much recruiting as possible into a four-week period of time, the Longhorns hosted another big visit weekend.

For Texas, this trip consisted of some super-sized trench monsters, out-of-state defenders and in-state skills prospects. With decisions expected to start popping off at a rapid rate in July and August, the Longhorns got the last word with a big group of prospects.

How did the weekend go, and where is Texas currently with those prospects?

In this week's edition of The Stampede, Horns247's weekly gathering of recruiting intel, we drop all of the scoop we uncovered from the last big official visit weekend of the summer.

Jamarion Miller

— Texas needed this visit to be a big hit for Jamarion Miller, and it sounds like it was a grand slam from what I was told. Reports were that Miller was fed up with the recruiting process going into the trip, but Texas was able to get through to his family and get them on campus. Miller always had an affinity for Texas, but the way the previous staff handled his recruitment and their troubles on the field put Texas off the map. In the last 6 months, the Longhorns worked overtime to get back in front of Miller, who they view as an incredible fit for the program from both a player and culture aspect. As I said leading into the weekend, Texas had a great chance to win this race because Miller previously loved Texas and wanted to be close to home. Texas A&M was seen as a leader in this race going into it, but a source close to this recruitment tells me that they feel Texas did enough to win him over. The timing of this is incredible as well, as the Longhorns missed out on running back target DeAnthony Gatson last week after some sources were bullish on landing him. If Texas secures Miller along with Jaydon Blue, Stan Drayton will take another step toward building an elite running back room.

— I was also told that Texas landed heavily with Duncanville offensive lineman Cam Williams.  The massive offensive tackle saved the Longhorns for last, and while Texas was late to the party in offering, I’m not sure that will be an impediment to them as of now.  With Williams slated to make a decision on Thursday, the word coming out of the visit is that the Longhorns should be considered the favorite.  If Williams picks Texas this week, that will likely make him the first offensive line commit to Kyle Flood.  I was told that Oregon was probably the team standing out most for Williams coming into the trip, but I think Texas topped that experience.  The Longhorns have always seen Williams as a high ceiling prospect who could develop into something special, and Texas can secure him and add the first building block of Flood’s offensive line group.

(Photo: Brice Marich, 247Sports)

— Going into the Texas visit, I needed to see it to believe that the Longhorns had a chance to land four-star Trussville (AL.) Hewitt-Trussville defensive lineman Justice Finkley. Coming out of the trip, there is some serious optimism in Austin. Texas always had a great shot because of Finkley’s family background. His parents are both highly-educated and want to focus on that education for their son. Michigan is also a power player for the same reasons. That said, Alabama is still Alabama, even more so for a local kid. Texas took its shot this weekend, and everyone involved was pleased with how things went. I think Texas now has a real shot for him, but a source I spoke with told me they expect this race to go a long way before it is finished. It’s likely that Finkley returns during the fall for an unofficial trip,

— The trip for TJ Dudley didn’t start well when a commitment edit was put out consisting of three finalists with Texas nowhere in sight. While Dudley and the Texas coaches had a little fun with that on social media, it was probably prophetic. A source I spoke with felt that the visit went well, but the Longhorns probably entered the weekend too far behind to begin with. He will make his decision later today with UCF, Alabama and Oregon the finalists. Texas could technically be considered in the race, but I don’t believe they will win it.

(Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)

— Texas commit Jaylon Guilbeau always maintained that he’s solid in his commitment but would keep his options open until he signed. While that sounds like he’s got one foot out the door, I don’t feel like there’s anything in the works at this time from talking to Guilbeau and those around him. That said, I expected him to be a bit more emphatic about his commitment status coming out of this trip. TCU was a school that gave him something to think about, but folks I talk to in Fort Worth don’t believe anything is on the horizon. This will probably be something to watch during the fall, but as of now I think everything is stable with Guilbeau’s commitment.

— Like Finkley, academics played a big role in the visit of Jersey City (NJ) St. Peters Prep DL KJ Miles. As Bo Davis and Kyle Flood took their shot at landing him, I was told Texas made a big impression on the family and Miles with the McCombs Business School and the 4Ever Texas program that details life after football and the resources the program can provide. As Miles’ commitment nears in the next few weeks, it will remain to be seen if the Longhorns did enough to pull this one off. A decision is coming on July 4, so his family will sit down and discuss the matter. Georgia Tech and Wisconsin are the two programs Texas will battle for his services, and the Longhorns left one strong impression coming out of the trip.

(Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)

— Going into the visit, there was some thought that Texas could close the deal with Lakeland (Fla.) DL Keahnist Thompson. In speaking to a source near him, I was told that he liked the visit, but he’s thinking about pushing his timeline even further. Thompson doesn’t talk to media, so we are relying on sourced information on this one. From what I’ve heard, his parents are sold on the Texas program, and the Longhorns could be a dangerous school for him down the stretch.

— Southaven (MS.) DL Aaron Bryant was another prospect Texas needed to knock it out of the park with, and I think they’ve put themselves in the conversation. Ole Miss and Georgia are the two schools I’ve heard most talked about, but a source close to Bryant feels Texas and Texas A&M will be battling down the stretch. There isn’t a firm timeline for Bryant at the moment. He told me earlier in the year that he’d like to make his decision during the summer, but he could also push it to fall if he isn’t decided.

— I didn’t hear much at all about Denton Ryan defensive back Austin Jordan coming out of this weekend. While Jordan doesn’t do much with social media or talk to members of the media, we expected to hear some buzz from sources. At this point, Jordan looks bound for Oklahoma or he’s doing a great job of keeping his cards close to the vest. My pick is on the Sooners and will remain there.

2022 DT Jaray Bledsoe (Photo: Nick Harris, 247Sports)

— Four-star DL Jaray Bledsoe made an unofficial trip to Austin over the weekend. Bledsoe is now at Marlin and will need to do some work in the classroom. Those academic troubles have somewhat cooled what was one of the hotter prospects in the state during the spring. I mentioned last week that Texas needs to just stay engaged here. Bo Davis did a tremendous job building this relationship early on, and Texas could be poised to swoop in if Bledsoe straightens out his academics.

— The Longhorns hosted west coast tight end prospect Arlis Boardingham over the weekend. While there was some thought Boardingham could shut his recruitment down, he rearranged some of his visits pushing Arizona State to the fall. If Boardingham returns home determined to take that visit, that could change the picture for him. Boardingham is too good of an athlete to give up on, so this race will push into the fall where Texas can continue to pursue him.

— I’ve heard some interesting rumblings about where Texas stands with four-star tight end Jaleel Skinner coming off of his unofficial visit to Austin earlier in the week. Unfortunately, Skinner decided to cut off all media ties after the trip, but a source I spoke with felt Texas gave him a lot to think about. It’s still hard to see Texas overcoming some of the national powers pursuing Skinner, but one source told me that Jeff Banks has been relentless in pursuit of the rangy pass-catcher.

— While five-star offensive lineman Devon Campbell will continue his recruiting process well into the fall, I think Texas scored big getting him back on campus for an unofficial visit this weekend. Despite the staff hosting a big group of official visitors, they still were able to show him the red-carpet treatment. Campbell also spent time with Tope Imade during the trip who also graduated from Bowie. It’s still too early for Campbell to make a decision, but it was good for Texas to get him on campus and remind him what he loved about them early after taking a few other trips. There are also several positive voices for Texas in his ear about the Longhorns, and I like where they stand heading into the back stretch of this recruitment.

— The next month could get really interesting for Humble Summer Creek OL Kelvin Banks. While Texas sources felt great about Banks coming off his visit, it sounds like A&M took advantage of the last visit and returned serve with a fury. As of right now, it feels like a very tight race for Banks as the Aggies have always been a major factor for him. What I’m really looking for in the next week or two is if one side starts to weaken on where they think things stand. Both Texas and Texas A&M are supremely confident, but things should change a bit now that visits are over, and Banks can really focus in on the decision.

— Texas commit Armani Winfield visited LSU over the weekend. While this isn’t the first official visit Winfield took, I’m told the Tigers gave him a lot to think about. Winfield has been back and forth since originally making his commitment in January, but now that he took some visits I expect him and his family to evaluate the original decision going forward. At this point, it wouldn’t be a big surprise to see him open things up.

— The Longhorns pushed the visit of Bryce Anderson as long as they could on Sunday after the four-star safety arrived following the state 7v7 tournament. After all of the other visitors left, Texas had some one on one time with Bryce including a crawfish boil, meeting with the track and field team and a final meeting with Steve Sarkisian before shutting it down. Anderson and his family returned home late, but we are told the visit went as well as could be expected. Texas A&M made a big impact in this recruitment with the first visit of the summer, and now we will see if Texas can hold them off with the power of the last visit.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Getafix said:

I was also told that Texas landed heavily with Duncanville offensive lineman Cam Williams.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

hyuk hyuk hyuk

They ... mmfff giggle giggle ... did a .... hee hee ... 360! HAR! HAR! HAR!

MIKE ROACH

Spoiler

MIKE ROACH

The dead period began at 12:01 this morning bringing a stop to the most hectic month in recruiting history. As schools continually tried to cram as much recruiting as possible into a four-week period of time, the Longhorns hosted another big visit weekend.
For Texas, this trip consisted of some super-sized trench monsters, out-of-state defenders and in-state skills prospects. With decisions expected to start popping off at a rapid rate in July and August, the Longhorns got the last word with a big group of prospects.

In this week's edition of The Stampede, Horns247's weekly gathering of recruiting intel, we drop all of the scoop we uncovered from the last big official visit weekend of the summer.

Jamarion Miller
— Texas needed this visit to be a big hit for Jamarion Miller, and it sounds like it was a grand slam from what I was told. Reports were that Miller was fed up with the recruiting process going into the trip, but Texas was able to get through to his family and get them on campus. Miller always had an affinity for Texas, but the way the previous staff handled his recruitment and their troubles on the field put Texas off the map. In the last 6 months, the Longhorns worked overtime to get back in front of Miller, who they view as an incredible fit for the program from both a player and culture aspect. As I said leading into the weekend, Texas had a great chance to win this race because Miller previously loved Texas and wanted to be close to home. Texas A&M was seen as a leader in this race going into it, but a source close to this recruitment tells me that they feel Texas did enough to win him over. The timing of this is incredible as well, as the Longhorns missed out on running back target DeAnthony Gatson last week after some sources were bullish on landing him. If Texas secures Miller along with Jaydon Blue, Stan Drayton will take another step toward building an elite running back room.
— I was also told that Texas landed heavily with Duncanville offensive lineman Cam Williams.  The massive offensive tackle saved the Longhorns for last, and while Texas was late to the party in offering, I’m not sure that will be an impediment to them as of now.  With Williams slated to make a decision on Thursday, the word coming out of the visit is that the Longhorns should be considered the favorite.  If Williams picks Texas this week, that will likely make him the first offensive line commit to Kyle Flood.  I was told that Oregon was probably the team standing out most for Williams coming into the trip, but I think Texas topped that experience.  The Longhorns have always seen Williams as a high ceiling prospect who could develop into something special, and Texas can secure him and add the first building block of Flood’s offensive line group.

— Going into the Texas visit, I needed to see it to believe that the Longhorns had a chance to land four-star Trussville (AL.) Hewitt-Trussville defensive lineman Justice Finkley. Coming out of the trip, there is some serious optimism in Austin. Texas always had a great shot because of Finkley’s family background. His parents are both highly-educated and want to focus on that education for their son. Michigan is also a power player for the same reasons. That said, Alabama is still Alabama, even more so for a local kid. Texas took its shot this weekend, and everyone involved was pleased with how things went. I think Texas now has a real shot for him, but a source I spoke with told me they expect this race to go a long way before it is finished. It’s likely that Finkley returns during the fall for an unofficial trip,
— The trip for TJ Dudley didn’t start well when a commitment edit was put out consisting of three finalists with Texas nowhere in sight. While Dudley and the Texas coaches had a little fun with that on social media, it was probably prophetic. A source I spoke with felt that the visit went well, but the Longhorns probably entered the weekend too far behind to begin with. He will make his decision later today with UCF, Alabama and Oregon the finalists. Texas could technically be considered in the race, but I don’t believe they will win it.

— Texas commit Jaylon Guilbeau always maintained that he’s solid in his commitment but would keep his options open until he signed. While that sounds like he’s got one foot out the door, I don’t feel like there’s anything in the works at this time from talking to Guilbeau and those around him. That said, I expected him to be a bit more emphatic about his commitment status coming out of this trip. TCU was a school that gave him something to think about, but folks I talk to in Fort Worth don’t believe anything is on the horizon. This will probably be something to watch during the fall, but as of now I think everything is stable with Guilbeau’s commitment.
— Like Finkley, academics played a big role in the visit of Jersey City (NJ) St. Peters Prep DL KJ Miles. As Bo Davis and Kyle Flood took their shot at landing him, I was told Texas made a big impression on the family and Miles with the McCombs Business School and the 4Ever Texas program that details life after football and the resources the program can provide. As Miles’ commitment nears in the next few weeks, it will remain to be seen if the Longhorns did enough to pull this one off. A decision is coming on July 4, so his family will sit down and discuss the matter. Georgia Tech and Wisconsin are the two programs Texas will battle for his services, and the Longhorns left one strong impression coming out of the trip.

— Going into the visit, there was some thought that Texas could close the deal with Lakeland (Fla.) DL Keahnist Thompson. In speaking to a source near him, I was told that he liked the visit, but he’s thinking about pushing his timeline even further. Thompson doesn’t talk to media, so we are relying on sourced information on this one. From what I’ve heard, his parents are sold on the Texas program, and the Longhorns could be a dangerous school for him down the stretch.
— Southaven (MS.) DL Aaron Bryant was another prospect Texas needed to knock it out of the park with, and I think they’ve put themselves in the conversation. Ole Miss and Georgia are the two schools I’ve heard most talked about, but a source close to Bryant feels Texas and Texas A&M will be battling down the stretch. There isn’t a firm timeline for Bryant at the moment. He told me earlier in the year that he’d like to make his decision during the summer, but he could also push it to fall if he isn’t decided.
— I didn’t hear much at all about Denton Ryan defensive back Austin Jordan coming out of this weekend. While Jordan doesn’t do much with social media or talk to members of the media, we expected to hear some buzz from sources. At this point, Jordan looks bound for Oklahoma or he’s doing a great job of keeping his cards close to the vest. My pick is on the Sooners and will remain there.

— Four-star DL Jaray Bledsoe made an unofficial trip to Austin over the weekend. Bledsoe is now at Marlin and will need to do some work in the classroom. Those academic troubles have somewhat cooled what was one of the hotter prospects in the state during the spring. I mentioned last week that Texas needs to just stay engaged here. Bo Davis did a tremendous job building this relationship early on, and Texas could be poised to swoop in if Bledsoe straightens out his academics.
— The Longhorns hosted west coast tight end prospect Arlis Boardingham over the weekend. While there was some thought Boardingham could shut his recruitment down, he rearranged some of his visits pushing Arizona State to the fall. If Boardingham returns home determined to take that visit, that could change the picture for him. Boardingham is too good of an athlete to give up on, so this race will push into the fall where Texas can continue to pursue him.
— I’ve heard some interesting rumblings about where Texas stands with four-star tight end Jaleel Skinner coming off of his unofficial visit to Austin earlier in the week. Unfortunately, Skinner decided to cut off all media ties after the trip, but a source I spoke with felt Texas gave him a lot to think about. It’s still hard to see Texas overcoming some of the national powers pursuing Skinner, but one source told me that Jeff Banks has been relentless in pursuit of the rangy pass-catcher.
— While five-star offensive lineman Devon Campbell will continue his recruiting process well into the fall, I think Texas scored big getting him back on campus for an unofficial visit this weekend. Despite the staff hosting a big group of official visitors, they still were able to show him the red-carpet treatment. Campbell also spent time with Tope Imade during the trip who also graduated from Bowie. It’s still too early for Campbell to make a decision, but it was good for Texas to get him on campus and remind him what he loved about them early after taking a few other trips. There are also several positive voices for Texas in his ear about the Longhorns, and I like where they stand heading into the back stretch of this recruitment.

— The next month could get really interesting for Humble Summer Creek OL Kelvin Banks. While Texas sources felt great about Banks coming off his visit, it sounds like A&M took advantage of the last visit and returned serve with a fury. As of right now, it feels like a very tight race for Banks as the Aggies have always been a major factor for him. What I’m really looking for in the next week or two is if one side starts to weaken on where they think things stand. Both Texas and Texas A&M are supremely confident, but things should change a bit now that visits are over, and Banks can really focus in on the decision.
— Texas commit Armani Winfield visited LSU over the weekend. While this isn’t the first official visit Winfield took, I’m told the Tigers gave him a lot to think about. Winfield has been back and forth since originally making his commitment in January, but now that he took some visits I expect him and his family to evaluate the original decision going forward. At this point, it wouldn’t be a big surprise to see him open things up.
— The Longhorns pushed the visit of Bryce Anderson as long as they could on Sunday after the four-star safety arrived following the state 7v7 tournament. After all of the other visitors left, Texas had some one on one time with Bryce including a crawfish boil, meeting with the track and field team and a final meeting with Steve Sarkisian before shutting it down. Anderson and his family returned home late, but we are told the visit went as well as could be expected. Texas A&M made a big impact in this recruitment with the first visit of the summer, and now we will see if Texas can hold them off with the power of the last visit.

“Kids had fun on all expense paid trips but no concrete news. $9.95 plz.”

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

MIKE ROACH

Reveal hidden contents

MIKE ROACH

Jamarion Miller

Already hedging on Banks after his recent CB

4 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I mean Winfield has been flirting with decommitting, but to LSU? now that one doesn't make too much sense imo.

I don't think he's a take for LSU unless some guys decommit or if they whiff on Shazz 

With the caveat that I'm still waiting on an update from the IT crew so it's possible that something negative about our chances could eventually come out later about Banks, Roach's post on Banks reads like he's just going off of what Perroni posted 

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

With the caveat that I'm still waiting on an update from the IT crew so it's possible that something negative about our chances could eventually come out later about Banks, Roach's post on Banks reads like he's just going off of what Perroni posted 

Very possible. Will be interesting to see what IT says

Also, someone on the Aggy 22 thread posted an OB update that they heard Banks was basically a UT lock (this was pre Aggy visit though)

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Also, someone on the Aggy 22 thread posted an OB update that they heard Banks was basically a UT lock (this was pre Aggy visit though)

Everyone on the Texas side has thought that for awhile, but he just OV'd to A&M, so we'll see 

LSU was also confident after he visited, so he might be the type who tells people what they want to hear 

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Roach

Reveal hidden contents

Texas Launches New Policy For Cars Used Less Than 50 Miles/Day
Sponsored by WALLETGENIUS
Why Did No One Tell Texas Drivers About This?
See more

Jamarion Miller (Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)

COMMENTS

A bit late on this one.

• Haha 1

Roach
Spoiler

Texas Launches New Policy For Cars Used Less Than 50 Miles/Day
Sponsored by WALLETGENIUS
Why Did No One Tell Texas Drivers About This?
See more

Jamarion Miller (Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)

COMMENTS

Shotgunning beers at 10am on a Monday. Impressive.
  • Haha 1

Scoop

Spoiler

“Books and ball”

The Jack/OLB/defensive end from Hewitt-Trussville high school in Trussville, Alabama has Texas in his top group along with other books and ball schools like Stanford and Michigan.

During a Sunday evening call with IT, Finkley re-affirmed his intent to enroll early, which would put Stanford at a severe disadvantage as The Cardinal don’t allow very smart people to start their academic career early.

Many of the predictions are in Michigan’s favor. Jim Harbaugh’s imperiled staff have been on Finkley much longer than Texas, who didn’t arrive on the scene until March 1st. Texas has done well to make up for lost time, aided by Finkley’s search for a strong combination of academics and athletics. Things are looking fairly even from the outside, but Finkley is quite the poker player and didn’t hint at any intentions.

He was hosted by Texas senior linebacker DeMarvion Overshown and he said the two bonded well. Overshown told Finkley, “It’s a great college town. He was saying how it’s like being on a pro team in a college town and the new coaches are preparing them better than the last staff.”

On the strength and conditioning side, Finkley shared his lifting numbers with Torre Becton to which Becton replied he’s already well ahead of most players they get upon arrival. For those meatheads who care, Finkley has a 520 squat, 375 bench, and a 300 power clean (the power clean is higher but I don’t recall the exact number).

The other half of the decision, academics, also impressed. The family toured the medical center where Finkley said the newness stood out, as well as the unique course plans other schools don’t offer. They were guided by a doctor in the medical school.

As a player, Finkley’s testing strength translates as he’s at a significant advantage over the competition when it comes to generating power. Texas defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski envisions him as an outside linebacker who also puts his hand in the ground in a more traditional defensive end stance. Finkley mentioned liking the football fit.

Finkley’s timeline for a decision is up in the air. He says he may use the late July visit window to take another official visit but he’s unsure.

IT mentioned to Finkley some UT fans would always be concerned of instate Alabama if he chose the Horns in the summer. He replied by saying some kids from Alabama would be a lock to go to school there but then he referenced this tweet:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1393575021650530307

When asked what his decision would boil down to, he stated ”books and ball.”

RB Jamarion Miller, Legacy (Tyler, TX) - 2022: It had been some time since the four-stars last trip and he might've forgotten how much he enjoyed the atmosphere on the Forty.

After trips to Alabama, Florida, and Texas A&M, the 5-foot-10.5, 185-pound burner was set to see Oklahoma State last weekend. But a phone call changed all that.

Days later, Miller and his family embarked for Austin. He was joined by his parents and sister. His mother was overjoyed as she discussed the visit on their trip home.

"I think I had as much fun as Jamarion," said Shamekia Miller. "We got to tour the South End Zone. It looks amazing. I can't believe it's almost ready."

It had been too long for the Miller family to see UT as well.

"I loved how people here remembered me from Damion's visits," said Shamekia Miller. "That was four or five years ago. The coaches and staff were so nice. They treated us like royalty."

For the east Texas star that's tallied 3,837 yards rushing and 42 touchdowns in a little over three seasons, it might be at the point he's getting closer to a decision.

"I think Jamarion is really happy he made this trip," Shamekia Miller said. "The process is getting to him, and I think he wants to find a home. We told him to fall in love with the school, not the staff. And he really likes both here."

Jamarion was cool and calm like usual. He maintains he doesn't have a hard timeline, but Texas did really well in these sweepstakes over the weekend. Texas, Alabama, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma State are the contestants here. Let’s see how Miller feels in July.

OL Cam Williams, Duncanville (Duncanville, TX) - 2022: The massive offensive lineman from D/FW made his last trip of June to UT.

After visits to Oregon, Miami, and OU, it was Texas’ turn for the 6-foot-5, 360-pounder. The word out of Duncanville was the mammoth offensive tackle headed to Austin slightly leaning to Oregon due to a great visit. IT feels like the Longhorns have at least a 50-50 shot headed into a July 1st announcement. Denzel Okafor did a terrific job hosting Williams, and Williams is said to have really hit it off with members of the team.

Williams spoke of how the coaches and staff at UT really stood out, making him and his family feel comfortable. Getting the final official visit was smart on the Texas staff.

UT explained how Williams could flourish under Kyle Flood and the UT offense. Notably, Williams could stay closer to home, a factor that motivates the multi-sport athlete.

IT asked Williams about Thursday, July 1st, when he'll announce his commitment.

"Man, I'm ready," said Williams. For anyone wondering if Texas would take Williams? The answer is, hell yes they will.

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX) - 2022: The visit couldn’t have gone any better for Texas and the Anderson family. With Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher making a personal push for the 5-11.5, 186-pound versatile defensive back, that placed the ball squarely in the court of Steve Sarkisian. The new UT coach showed Anderson why Texas was the place for him.

IT was told all of the conversations went extremely well as the of early Sunday evening. Anderson spent time with the entire staff along with Sarkisian, and the members of the track and field staff as part of the Longhorns’ push. IT has had Texas as the favorite to land Anderson since the new staff got established in Austin, and we continue to feel the Longhorns are the favorite, but an extremely aggressive push by the A&M has the Aggies in the hunt.

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX) - 2022: IT was informed that the unofficial visit went extremely well, as expected. It was imperative Texas get the 6-foot-3, 310-pound five-star guard on campus prior to the dead period following a terrific visit to Oklahoma on June 18th-20th. IT remains confident that Texas is the team to beat in this recruitment. Barring a major change, this pursuit will go into the fall and possibly to December. Texas will receive an official visit during the season, and multiple sources maintain that Campbell is very likely to stay close to home at the end of the day, setting up a Red River Showdown recruitment.

DL Aaron Bryant, Southaven (Southaven, MS) - 2022: Texas needed a good weekend with the Bryant family, and by all accounts, that's what happened.

Bryant told IT how much he enjoyed getting to know Bo Davis and the UT staff. He has a strong conviction that Davis can mold him into the player he wants to become.

Bryant told IT this was the first visit where he felt he learned something new about football. The 6-foot-4, 300-pound three-star has UT, Georgia, and Texas A&M as schools that stand out. This recruitment could materialize into a UT and A&M battle, with A&M in it for more defensive tackles than Texas. Those numbers could work to UT’s advantage.

TE/ATH Arlis Boardingham, Birmingham (Van Nuys, CA) - 2022: IT is supposed to catch up with Boardingham today. If he liked the trip half as much as his mother, UT is in great shape.

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville (Lewisville, TX) - 2022 (TEXAS): The four-star pass-catcher and UT pledge hit Baton Rouge for an official over the weekend. While IT is not overly worried here, any visit to LSU needs to be taken seriously. That said, people in Winfield's circle believe he's just enjoying the process and is firmly entrenched in his commitment.

LB Trevell Johnson, Martin (Arlington, TX) - 2022 (TEXAS): Another Texas commit who hit the road over the weekend, Johnson told IT he was hanging out with family during his trip to Texas Tech.

Johnson seems like one of the most level-headed kids in this cycle, and with Morice Blackwell in the boat and UT looking dandy for 2023 teammate Javien Toviano, we feel the Horns still hold the cards here.

LB TJ Dudley, Montgomery Catholic Prepatory (Montgomery, AL) - 2022: After a nice trip to Austin, we're hearing Oregon might still be the team to beat. That’s possibly connected to Texas looking good for Jeremy Patton (Tenaha) and Sebastian Cheeks (Evanston, IL).

DL KJ Miles, St. Peters Prep (Jersey City, NJ) - 2022: The early returns are Miles wildly enjoyed the trip. He officially tripped to Georgia Tech and Wisconsin earlier this month, and wants to make a decision before the beginning of his senior season. The issue for Miles could be numbers at the position, especially with UT’s chances with Bryant increasing.

• Hook 'Em 6

Suchomel on Bryce Anderson

Spoiler

I'll try to reach out to Bryce today but per a person close to the situation, it sounds like the family may want some quiet time to think over Bryce's options.

The good news for Texas ... I'm told the visit went exceptionally well. Anderson obviously spent time with the football staff (including a crawfish boil that I believe took place at Sark's place) but he also met with the track and field staff.

A source close to Anderson told me Texas went above and beyond, and it was the best OV Anderson has taken so far. That's pretty big considering he's also been to Texas A&M and Bama (and LSU on an unofficial visit).

The plan is for the family to take a step back for a few days to let the high of the visit calm down and then they'll talk about his upcoming decision. Still no official word yet on if it'll happen on July 4 or get pushed back. I'd expect we'll hear on that soon.

• Hook 'Em 4

Every since that walking tampon ctj said Blue won't be part of the class people have been taking it as gospel. He's locked in, and he's been to UT several fucking times. A bunch of olds hang-wringing because he said he doesn't want to play his senior year so he can graduate early and get to campus. Because he wants to save his body for the next level these same troglodytes take that as he's a cancer. I want someone to show me where he's been a malcontent and trouble. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

IT basically predicted as long as there wasn't word of a weird vibe coming out of the visit Anderson would be in. We kind of made fun of them for that analysis but hopefully they were at least right.

Seems like there have been a couple teases about big-things with no follow-up. Gerry implied something big was happening on Saturday and then never really expanded on it. Roach mentioned rumblings that he didn't quite believe yet last night and then didn't really allude to anything in his writeup today. Just generally chumming the water I guess. 

Wells

Spoiler

Staying on the subject of offensive line, IT continues to feel very confident about the trend with interior line prospects Cole Hutson and Connor Robertson. Both are expected to announce decisions in the first couple of weeks of July.

With Texas trending for the interior duo, and quite possibly Duncanville’s Cameron Williams, and continuing to be right there for Devon Campbell and tackle Kelvin Banks, IT does not expect Jacob Sexton (Deer Creek, OK) to be part of the 2022 Texas class.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Wells

Hide contents

Staying on the subject of offensive line, IT continues to feel very confident about the trend with interior line prospects Cole Hutson and Connor Robertson. Both are expected to announce decisions in the first couple of weeks of July.

With Texas trending for the interior duo, and quite possibly Duncanville’s Cameron Williams, and continuing to be right there for Devon Campbell and tackle Kelvin Banks, IT does not expect Jacob Sexton (Deer Creek, OK) to be part of the 2022 Texas class.

That's nice OL class right there.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Because he wants to save his body for the next level these same troglodytes take that as he's a cancer. I want someone to show me where he's been a malcontent and trouble. 

Not writing him off at all and I hope he sticks in the class (in a two back class with Miller), but come on. It was never really about saving his body for the next level. He's already been talking about finding a place to play his senior year and rebuilding bridges with his previous coaches. He quit because of a fight with the coaches/was kicked off the team and tried to frame it as an opt-out. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting