Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Not writing him off at all and I hope he sticks in the class (in a two back class with Miller), but come on. It was never really about saving his body for the next level. He's already been talking about finding a place to play his senior year and rebuilding bridges with his previous coaches. He quit because of a fight with the coaches/was kicked off the team and tried to frame it as an opt-out. 

Yeah, I see what you're saying, but obviously the coaches don't mind him being on campus. Clearly they don't see an issue with him, regardless of whether or not he's looking for a school. They're not dropping him it looks like. He's still all UT, it seems. 

4 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Only caught this because Bruce Feldman followed him. This would be the absolute funniest recruitment we should have a legitimate shot at winning (assuming Sark is our coach in 5 years).

I wonder if Leinart will push him to USC or if he's not a helicopter dad and likes Sark enough to let him come to the team that broke his heart in '05? 

Also, holy shit I feel old, and I'm not even old. Fucking Leinart has a teenage kid. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Is this a good or bad thing for us? Or is this just another sign of $$ being dropped before Jimbo goes on vacation..

Who knows but the recent swing in momentum for Texas with the visit and the aggy mods being caught off guard isnt the worst thing for us

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Is this a good or bad thing for us? Or is this just another sign of $$ being dropped before Jimbo goes on vacation..

Kind of neither because Perkins wasn't a real possibly. Our mods pushing the progress we were making for him was basically the same thing that ag mods are doing with Denver Harris and Evan Stewart. 

Now if Jimbo actually did get him to push up his timeline to counter some momentum we're about to have...that would be good news.

Edited by UncleSonny

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

I haven’t kept up as much as others with the Perkins recruitment because I never felt like he was coming to Texas. I if I had to guess I would say this is correct and he announces for aggy. If so, I also wouldn’t be surprised to see one of our silent commitments encouraged to go public soon after to counter. Hopefully he goes elsewhere but we’ve seen this show before.

1 minute ago, Wishbone said:

I haven’t kept up as much as others with the Perkins recruitment because I never felt like he was coming to Texas. I if I had to guess I would say this is correct and he announces for aggy. If so, I also wouldn’t be surprised to see one of our silent commitments encouraged to go public soon after to counter. Hopefully he goes elsewhere but we’ve seen this show before.

Miller or Anderson

Edited by Blackcat00

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting