Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Crystal Ballin: New 247Sports Crystal Ball pick for Longhorns

Mike Roach

Hide contents

Crystal Ballin: New 247Sports Crystal Ball pick for Longhorns

Mike Roach

Coming out of the last official visit weekend of the summer for Texas, the Longhorns are looking to start cashing in on some of these visits. After gathering intel over the weekend, I've decided to enter a new Crystal Ball prediction for Texas.

The pick is for Tyler Legacy running back Jamarion Miller. The four-star prospect visited Austin over the weekend on a trip that came together quickly. After Texas seemed to lose traction with him, Miller came back around and decided to see Austin after all. I'm told that the visit went exceptionally well, and it could be enough to put Texas over the top. Though Alabama and Oklahoma State had the most momentum in the spring, it became clear that Miller would like to stick closer to home. Texas A&M made a big impression early in the summer, but Texas has been going all out to show how much they want him.

A source near Miller told Horns247 that the feeling out east is Texas did enough on the visit to close the deal. I was also told a decision could come together pretty quickly for Miller who doesn't do much on social media and doesn't care for the recruiting process. If Texas lands Miller, they'd pair him with top back Jaydon Blue to make for a lethal combination in the backfield.

247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Gabe Brooks describes Miller in the following way:

"Plays stronger than listed size suggests. Possesses adequate height with limited frame. Built like a ball of muscle with compact, concentrated center of gravity. Runs with good pad level and consistently finishes runs. Finds nooks and crannies in traffic to gain extra yards. Strong enough to run through arm tackles. Vision is a plus. Quick feet in the hole to make the first man miss. Dangerous stretch option as a one-cut back with big-play top-end speed. Faster than most backs of his size and build. Ran an 11.06 100 as a freshman and long speed reflects that. Has shown encouraging pass-catching ability, at times lining up as an outside receiver in certain packages. While agility is above average, gears down sometimes when redirecting. Very good between-the-tackles hole-puncher and cutback runner, but does limited frame change that at the next level? Great combination of running hard and running fast. Among the top backs in Texas in the 2022 class as a legitimate high-major prospect who could play beyond college."

At 5-foot-10, 185 pounds, Miller is ranked as the No. 14 running back in the country and No. 31 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

Key And Peele Nfl GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

So we went from totally out of it for Miller to a likely commit in what, a week? That’s pretty impressive.

All through the fall and winter there was a lot of talk that we were in very good shape with him. Blue was always priority #1 but there was lots of talk on this board about whether we could land them both. Then the $9.95ers went from including him in mock classes and stuff like that to "not gonna happen" VERY quickly. I think that was in the spring. Always seemed weird to me. My guess is the $9.95ers all have the same source on that recruitment and it's not someone who is plugged in particularly well.

Sigh.

Touted OL Kam Dewberry says Ohio State official the best one yet

Steve Wiltfong

Spoiler

Steve Wiltfong

Humble (Texas) Atascocita Top247 2022 offensive lineman Kam Dewberry took his official visit to Ohio State this weekend.

It went as well as it could’ve.

“That was my dream school growing up,” Dewberry stated. “So them just being able to, the way everything was presented, I had high expectations alright right, just going in and seeing the pride and tradition they have in their school and you see how they’re playing in the playoffs every single year with a chance to win a National Championship, they really laid out the red carpet for me and that was the best visit I had.”

Dewberry has already taken officials to LSU and Texas A&M. Oklahoma, Alabama and Texas are a few other contenders. The Buckeyes have clearly set the bar.

“In my honest opinion, I was about ready to commit there,” Dewberry said. “It was that good.”

With that being said Dewberry wants to continue through the process and not rush anything.

“Coach (Ryan) Day really wants me there,” Dewberry said. “I’ve never been that close to doing that.”

Dewberry’s visit included a campus tour and he spent a lot of time with his player hosts in Paris Johnson and Donovan Jackson.

“They were a good connection for me as well us networking,” Dewberry said. “Of course we ate a lot, photo shoot, things like that and we were there a lot with Coach Day.”

Dewberry likes offensive line coach Greg Studrawa.

“Coach Stud he’s a really good offensive line coach and he develops,” Dewberry said. “I want to be able to play in the NFL one day and I want to be developed by the best, and he’s one of the best in the country.”

Dewberry made the trip with his parents and grandmother.

“They’re really into it and they love it.”

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

All through the fall and winter there was a lot of talk that we were in very good shape with him. Blue was always priority #1 but there was lots of talk on this board about whether we could land them both. Then the $9.95ers went from including him in mock classes and stuff like that to "not gonna happen" VERY quickly. I think that was in the spring. Always seemed weird to me. My guess is the $9.95ers all have the same source on that recruitment and it's not someone who is plugged in particularly well.

There was a reason everyone switched to “not gonna happen” Miller had someone in his ear that was successfully pushing him away from UT.

Not sure anyone is going to cry about Dewberry committing somewhere else.

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Sigh.

Steve Wiltfong

Reveal hidden contents

Steve Wiltfong

Humble (Texas) Atascocita Top247 2022 offensive lineman Kam Dewberry took his official visit to Ohio State this weekend.

“That was my dream school growing up,” Dewberry stated. “So them just being able to, the way everything was presented, I had high expectations alright right, just going in and seeing the pride and tradition they have in their school and you see how they’re playing in the playoffs every single year with a chance to win a National Championship, they really laid out the red carpet for me and that was the best visit I had.”

Dewberry has already taken officials to LSU and Texas A&M. Oklahoma, Alabama and Texas are a few other contenders. The Buckeyes have clearly set the bar.

“In my honest opinion, I was about ready to commit there,” Dewberry said. “It was that good.”

With that being said Dewberry wants to continue through the process and not rush anything.

“Coach (Ryan) Day really wants me there,” Dewberry said. “I’ve never been that close to doing that.”

Dewberry’s visit included a campus tour and he spent a lot of time with his player hosts in Paris Johnson and Donovan Jackson.

“They were a good connection for me as well us networking,” Dewberry said. “Of course we ate a lot, photo shoot, things like that and we were there a lot with Coach Day.”

“Coach Stud he’s a really good offensive line coach and he develops,” Dewberry said. “I want to be able to play in the NFL one day and I want to be developed by the best, and he’s one of the best in the country.”

Kid was never coming to Texas. It’s actually a win given that I think most of us thought he was an Aggy lock and might try to sway banks that way as well.  (They did play together at an early age and are acquaintances)

If he eventually commits to osu then we should be happy because it probably means we land banks, and we also get Aggy schadenfreude.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Kid was never coming to Texas. It’s actually a win given that I think most of us thought he was an Aggy lock and might try to sway banks that way as well.  (They did play together at an early age and are acquaintances)

If he eventually commits to osu then we should be happy because it probably means we land banks, and we also get Aggy schadenfreude.

I almost don't want a kid whose judgement is so bad he thinks Columbus fucking Ohio is better than Austin freakin' Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Sigh.

Steve Wiltfong

Reveal hidden contents

Steve Wiltfong

so did Fong drop his level 3 CB for Kam to tosu or nah?

12 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Sigh.

Steve Wiltfong

Reveal hidden contents

Steve Wiltfong

https://youth1.com/football/2022s-kameron-dewberry-being-compared-gerald-mccoy

This article is 2 years old -

“My goals off the field is to be successful in the classroom and life period,” Dewberry said. “My goals on the field is to be a good teammate and help this team to make a run to the state championship.”

Before the pros, Dewberry dreams of being the next great Ohio State Buckeye.

“My dream college is Ohio State University because of their academic programs and football and they set you up for life,” Dewberry said.

Then he visited tOSU with his whole extended family.

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Gerry

Hide contents

Defensive tackle Aaron Bryant (Southhaven, MS) began the June visit process with Georgia the team to beat over Texas A&M and Texas. Now entering the dead period, this one is seemingly headed more towards a Texas A&M vs. Texas decision per a source close to the recruitment. IT isn't ready to completely shut the door on Ole Miss yet, as there are family connections.

IT also spoke to a source close to Marlin defensive tackle Jaray Bledsoe. To say the visit blew away Jaray and his mom would be an understatement. That was expected, however, as the 6-foot-4, 280-pounder hadn't been on a visit in June due to summer school. Barring a major change of plan, the Texas staff will have to just keep hanging around the rim as this one plays out with OV's in the fall. Of course, Bo Davis may have a hand way above the rim right now after an impactful unofficial visit.

Seems like we may be in a good position for several DL in Bryant, Finkley, and maybe Bledsoe.  

Also, SIAP, but Bishop Thomas (DL from FL that took an OV earlier this month) committed to FSU yesterday

15 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I almost don't want a kid whose judgement is so bad he thinks Columbus fucking Ohio is better than Austin freakin' Texas. 

He wants to make the league. He doesn't give a shit about Mt Bonnell and Kirby Lane. 

• Hook 'Em 3

49 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Best case scenario he goes to Ohio state…we land banks, Campbell, Hutson, williams, and Robertson and Aggie is up shit creek. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Won't someone think of the cobbler jokes we're all going to miss out on?

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Seems like we may be in a good position for several DL in Bryant, Finkley, and maybe Bledsoe.  

Also, SIAP, but Bishop Thomas (DL from FL that took an OV earlier this month) committed to FSU yesterday

Yeah, I am personally hoping for Finkley and Bledsoe to join Ross and Swanson. Probably want to add one more in case of certain academic issues pop up, but I am optimistic given his summer school effort.

1 QB + 2 RB + 4 WR + 1 TE + 5 OL + 5 DL + 4 LB + 4 DB + 2 ST = 28

Not sure we have 3 counters remaining from 2021, but we keep taking transfers so maybe they found some lost treasure.

Edited by HtownHorn

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting