Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

On 6/24/2021 at 4:07 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Poster on another site posted that OB is saying one of our commits may be visiting another school this weekend and it's not the Winfield OV to LSU.

To follow up on this Trevell Johnson is the one on this.  Visiting Tech this weekend.

• Haha 2

I've been watching this closely, and I think, after much analysis of the paid services, that Bryce Anderson plans to come to Austin after his team is finished with the tournament in College Station. Mark it down. Book it. Take it to the bank. I know whereof I speak.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I've been watching this closely, and I think, after much analysis of the paid services, that Bryce Anderson plans to come to Austin after his team is finished with the tournament in College Station. Mark it down. Book it. Take it to the bank. I know whereof I speak.

Cool. Where do I send the $9.95?

7 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.c98af4d2dca22019bcdd32a481e4daad.png

I remember reading one "feedback" from the Arch weekend visit was that the staff showed more love to some recruits than others. Perchance Owens felt slighted that he wasn't getting the love that Arch and Cook were getting?

Who knew 17-18 year olds are fickle and sometimes insecure?

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I remember reading one "feedback" from the Arch weekend visit was that the staff showed more love to some recruits than others. Perchance Owens felt slighted that he wasn't getting the love that Arch and Cook were getting?

Who knew 17-18 year olds are fickle and sometimes insecure?

Somebody named their kid Perchance?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

image.thumb.png.52fb3d636270aa8266bb22cc52e25c4a.png

“I know I’ve been downplaying Texas for months but I’m going to use this opportunity to validate what everyone else has been reporting about Banks’s interest in them. Oh, and by the way, you can totally trust me THIS TIME when I say the Aggies are in a good spot.”
  • Hook 'Em 1

5-star OT Kelvin Banks calls A&M official 'incredible,' says decision not too far off
BRIAN PERRONI

Spoiler

5-star OT Kelvin Banks calls A&M official 'incredible,' says decision not too far off
BRIAN PERRONI

Texas A&M is finishing up its final official visit weekend of June as most of the players arrived on Thursday. Though there were a trio of five-stars in town, the highest-ranked was Humble (Texas) Summer Creek offensive tackle Kelvin Banks.

The 6-foot-5, 300-pound rising senior had used his other four officials to LSU, Oregon, Oklahoma State and Texas before using his fifth and final one to see Aggieland.

“We’re headed home now. It was a great visit, incredible actually,” Banks said on Saturday afternoon.

The nation’s No. 15 overall prospect has been to College Station several times, so he did not need to be impressed by the facilities or campus. He wanted to simply feel comfortable while in town.

“To me, I’ve seen a lot of stuff. But I’m not really one where that makes the biggest difference,” Banks said. “I like spending time with people and getting to know them. Because I know that relationships are the most important. That was the biggest part of the weekend for me, getting a feel for the team and the coaches.”

Banks’ host as well as the offensive line coach and offensive analyst that works with the line all did a great job making him feel comfortable.

“I spent a ton of time with my host, Layden Robinson,” Banks said. “I also talked to coach (Josh) Henson and coach (Robert) Luce a ton, too. I really met with everybody. The staff was there most of the time, but not as much as coach Luce and coach Henson and my host Layden.

“I got to talk to coach (Jimbo) Fisher a bunch. We met for like an hour or two and that went really well. He let me know I was really important their plans.”

Banks says the visit as a whole was a really good one and a certain part stood out to him a lot.

“They definitely impressed me a ton,” he said. “To be able to see all the connections they have with the Aggie Network, that was one of the main parts of the presentation that I really liked.”

Now, with his five officials out of the way, a commitment is not too far off for Banks. He also says he should be back in College Station for the big recruiting barbecue in late July.

“I’m headed home now and going to talk things over with my family and everything,” he said. “I should be narrowing it and putting out a top three or so soon. And them, maybe a couple weeks or so after that, I’ll be ready to make a decision. It might be in July or maybe early in August.”

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Maybe it’s always been this way, but it seems like now you really want the last visit because it’s your chance to put in the top bid. Am I wrong?

Not about bidding, you don't need to be in-person for that. Just normal sales, get the last impression.

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

So we have a good old fashioned 9.95 off between Texas and Aggy? 

Perhaps.  IT has maintained for a while we have the lead and are getting Banks.  Roach and Harris put in Texas picks last week.  Perroni continues to believe it's aggy.  Looch was hedging this past week saying he doesn't think aggy gets both Banks and Dewberry.  In other words:Jurassic Park Hold Onto Your Butts GIF

Perroni...  While he may be Aggie, he's not stupid.  Do you get more or less clicks for saying, "still hope!"

It's like every Aggie every after the traditional beatdown of the Little Sisters of the Poor in September with a gazillion Aggie cheer, which traditionally turn to Aggie tears in October.  

I give the edge to Texas because the guys that cover Texas prefer not to always look stupid. Whereas, Perroni knows his fanbase won't notice? 😉

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting