Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

The reporting on Campbell's visit being official is coming from Chad Simmons from the new On3 network with Gerry, Shannon Terry, et. al... except that Gerry reported that Campbell used his OV to OU last week.

I wonder if Simmons was just going off of Campbell's 247 page which lists him as OV'ing this weekend, and might be inaccurate. Yikes, if that's what he did. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Gerry

The coaching staff at Arlington Bowie has confirmed with Inside Texas that five-star offensive guard Devon Campbell will be making unofficial visit to Texas this weekend.

The 6-foot-3, 310-pounder made an official visit to Oklahoma last weekend. IT was told that the visit to Norman exceeded expectations with the staff continuity and relationship between Lincoln Riley and Bill Bedenbaugh being key.

Campbell has also made an OV to USC this month.

Campbell's recruitment is expected to play out into the season and possibly December, as of today. Should this weekend visit remain unofficial, Campbell will make an OV during the season.

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

(Eric Nahlin) Weekend official and unofficial visitors

Hide contents

JUNE 25th-27th:

RB Jamarion Miller, Legacy (Tyler, TX)
OV schedule: A&M (June 4-6), Florida (June 11-13)

IT: The Texas staff finally gets its opportunity to make its big move.

OL Cameron Williams, Duncanville (Duncanville, TX)
Recruited by: Kyle Flood, Jeff Banks

IT: We go back and forth on who is more likely in the class, Williams or Jacob Sexton. Right now we’re leaning Williams. He wouldn’t put his Horns down in Norman but I bet we’ll see some Horns up in Austin.

TE Arlis Boardingham, Birmingham High (CA) (June 24-26)
Recruited by: Jeff Banks, Steve Sarkisian
OV schedule: Arizona State (June 18-20) - Canceled

IT: He didn’t visit ASU last weekend (probably was there a bunch during Covid) and we feel he’s the most likely TE in the class. There’s a bit of an Anthony Jones feel to this one in that the staff has put itself in a good spot ahead of the visit and UT could win out in short order after the visit.

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX)
Recruited by: Sarkisian, Joseph, Gideon, PK

IT: Anderson will take a Saturday/Sunday official visit due to the State 7 on 7 tournament in College Station. We still have UT with the advantage in the recruitment over A&M but the staff has to seal the deal.

LB T.J. Dudley, Montgomery Catholic (AL)
Recruited by: Jeff Choate, Bo Davis, Pete Kwiatkowski
OV schedule: Oregon (June 4-6), UCF (June 11-13)

IT: IT feels the coaches have higher priorities on the board in Jeremy Patton and Sebastian Cheeks, and the staff feels good about each.

CB Jaylon Guilbeau, Memorial (Port Arthur, TX) #AllGasNoBrakes
Recruited by: Terry Joseph, Pete Kwiatkowski

IT: TCU is pushing and A&M runs hot and cold on him. This recruitment has had a weird feel to it since the new staff arrived.

DB Austin Jordan, Ryan (Denton, TX)
Recruited by: Blake Gideon, Terry Joseph, Jeff Banks
OV schedule: Ohio State (June 11-13), Oklahoma (June 18-20)

IT: Guilbeau’s a better corner and a better DB in general but they’re similar in they are on everybody’s board just in case.

DT Jaray Bledsoe, Bremond (Bremond, TX) - unofficial visit
Recruited by: Bo Davis, Steve Sarkisian
OV schedule: Texas A&M (June 4-6), Alabama (June 18-20)

IT: This visit is about jockeying for position and ensuring an official visit this fall. This won’t be an easy recruitment to cover in the fall and we’re here for it. Bledsoe is the type of talent the staff will recruit until the end.

DL Justice Finkley, Hewitt (Trussville, AL)
Recruited by: Bo Davis
OV schedule: Colorado (June 11-13), Michigan (June 18-20)

IT: Finkley and his family profile favorably to the mix of academics and football few schools other than Texas can offer. He’s a high priority for the staff. While he may not be an arc runner he can certainly be a bull rusher and looper.

DL Aaron Bryant, Southhaven (MS)
Recruited by: Bo Davis
OV schedule: Georgia (June 4-6), Texas A&M (June 18-20)

IT: One of the most underrated players in the country. Georgia losing Bear Alexander made Bryant a bigger need for them. His father attended Ole Miss.

EDGE J’Mond Tapp, Ascension Catholic (Donaldsville, LA)

EDGE Keahnist Thompson, Lakeland (Lakeland, FL)
OV schedule: UCF (June 11-13), Miami (June 18-20)

IT: Texas is in a good spot for Finkley and Derrick Brown, and has Jones already committed. at outside linebacker. With Tapp and Thompson the staff is still lining up alternatives and opening new doors. Tapp is similar to Finkley as a player while Thompson is similar to Jones.

There aren’t enough solid Texas leans or commits in this weekend’s group. 

43 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Gerry

re: continuity and Lincoln/Bill relationship - Sark and Flood have actually been together the last 5 years with the Falcons, Bama, and here. Not quite a match with OU but still something legit we can sell to counter that

Edited by Tex-19

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Dewberry quote to Perroni followed by the usual.

10445370.jpeg

10445407.png

Uh, defending other teams in the Big12 like I give a shit whether they are respected makes my skin crawl, but claiming ISU would be last in the SEC West is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen written on that board. Which is really saying something. 

I guess they were too busy celebrating the greatest moral victory season of all time last year to notice that division was objectively shitty last season.

Uh, defending other teams in the Big12 like I give a shit whether they are respected makes my skin crawl, but claiming ISU would be last in the SEC West is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen written on that board. Which is really saying something. 
I guess they were too busy celebrating the greatest moral victory season of all time last year to notice that division was objectively shitty last season.

You must be new to the internet. They have said much dumber shit and often. Reggie the Real Deal (fetal) McNeal was >>>>>>>> Vince.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Vertigo said:

This has been my thought all along. We really don't need another back. Bijan, Rojo, K. Robinson, Brooks, and Blue. There is no need to fill up our RB room to the point that it makes it hard to pull an elite 2023 guy.

Bijan, RoJo and Robinson could very well all be gone after 22 and Blue is still a question mark. We should absolutely take two RBs if Blue is one of them. 

4 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Don't be a pussy @Burt Macklin

Lulz. I was tired of reading political posts on the recruiting thread and yours was particularly shitty so I negged you.

If you’d prefer a written response, then go fuck yourself, bitch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Bijan, RoJo and Robinson could very well all be gone after 22 and Blue is still a question mark. We should absolutely take two RBs if Blue is one of them. 

Lulz. I was tired of reading political posts on the recruiting thread and yours was particularly shitty so I negged you.

If you’d prefer a written response, then go fuck yourself, bitch. 

Talk about wings or stfu pussy. 

34 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

At DT,  with Swanson and Ross in do we try to take both Finkley and Bledsoe as well?  That would be a major league haul.  

Coburn, Ojomo, and Sweat will either be graduating or gone by the 2022 classes freshmen season.

Collins and Broughton will be looking for big seasons to declare.

Warren will be a senior if he doesn't portal again.

Goram-Welch is depth.

So going into the 2023 season when you want these guys to start making pushes onto the 2 deep. You are looking at a depth chart of Broughton, Goram-Welch, Thomas, Murphy, and Sorrell.

Yes you take all 4 because the likelihood of all of those 5 guys hitting is small.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

At DT,  with Swanson and Ross in do we try to take both Finkley and Bledsoe as well?  That would be a major league haul.  

"We do not need any more talented defensive linemen" - things football coaches do not say

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting