Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Can you or someone else link to a credible source on whatever he is talking about regarding Tuskegee? I’ve never heard the story and would like to read whatever it is. 

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Actually glad you made me look it up. Here's the CDC account:

The study [begun in 1932] initially involved 600 Black men – 399 with syphilis, 201 who did not have the disease. Participants’ informed consent was not collected. Researchers told the men they were being treated for “bad blood,” a local term used to describe several ailments, including syphilis, anemia, and fatigue. In exchange for taking part in the study, the men received free medical exams, free meals, and burial insurance.

By 1943, penicillin was the treatment of choice for syphilis and becoming widely available, but the participants in the study were not offered treatment.

In 1972, an Associated Press storyexternal icon about the study was published. As a result, the Assistant Secretary for Health and Scientific Affairs appointed an Ad Hoc Advisory Panel to review the study. The advisory panel concludedpdf iconexternal icon that the study was “ethically unjustified”; that is, the “results [were] disproportionately meager compared with known risks to human subjects involved.” In October 1972, the panel advised stopping the study. A month later, the Assistant Secretary for Health and Scientific Affairs announced the endexternal icon of the study. I

Some cold-blooded shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, NoName said:

The Bryan College Station MSA population size is almost 250,000 people.

Texas A&M has a student population of over 53,000.

Anyone saying with a straight face that Texas A&M or B-CS has a "small town vibe" is lying through their teeth.

It may not be a small town, but it is stuffed with yokels.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He's wrong about the vaccine, but he's not crazy when it comes to his reasons. Sadly.

I get the trust issues.

I would get the concern if they were trying to vaccinate just poor people or minorities, but wealthy highly-educated people have been vaccinated at a much higher rate thus far.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I would get the concern if they were trying to vaccinate just poor people or minorities, but wealthy highly-educated people have been vaccinated at a much higher rate thus far.

Like I said, he's wrong. It's the underlying trust issue that I get. I hope that's being eased by the vast number of people whom have accepted the shots.

Frankly, as wild-eyed conspiracies go in this country today, at least his has a little history and evidence supporting it. I hope he comes around. Covid looks like an awful disease to get and a bad way to die if that's the way it ends.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I’m here as well. But there’s still the general distrust of the government that I can understand, even when it’s not racially segregated disregard for public safety. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, NoName said:

The Bryan College Station MSA population size is almost 250,000 people.

Texas A&M has a student population of over 53,000.

Anyone saying with a straight face that Texas A&M or B-CS has a "small town vibe" is lying through their teeth.

Well, it is a shithole. Sometimes a small-town vibe is similar to a shithole. Your mileage may vary.

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

... but he's not crazy when it comes to his reasons. Sadly.

I get the trust issues.

I don't.

If he was making this argument in 1960, 1970 even, he/you might have a point.  Imo, it is flat stupid to make that argument today.   The U.S. also has a history of enslaving people should we continue to say "we've done it once before.  Do not trust the white man." 

This type of idiocy perpetuates to the detriment of a better society.  It's like the rape victim that now believes all men are rapists and moving forward are skittish around men.  We all get their trust issues and why they feel the way they do, but it is illogical for their great, great, great, great grandchild to perpetuate that same view.  Its retarded logic and i mean that in the purest form of the word.  

Tim has made other good takes and this one, imo, isnt one of them.  Still a Horn that i want to see succeed but a shitty take nonetheless.  Who in their right mind would do that shit 2020?  No one that wouldn't get their shit burned to the ground. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Actually glad you made me look it up. Here's the CDC account:

Some cold-blooded shit.

Thanks for this. I think I’ve read write ups and findings about every bad/evil psychological study ever conducted but I can’t say I’ve got a ton of knowledge or education on physical ones. This shit was terrible. They should have taken the motherfuckers running it and put them in front of a firing squad. 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UncleBuck said:

oh ffs now I want more wing talk

wing talk > church talk > covid conspiracy talk

29 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He's wrong about the vaccine, but he's not crazy when it comes to his reasons. Sadly.

I get the trust issues.

How would this work? Do they pull out a "special" vaccine when a Black person goes to get the jab and give the whites the good one? Reminiscent of the Eddie Murphy SNL skits when he put on makeup to experience life as a white person and saw, for example, all the extravagant perks white people get. Now that was ingenious. But ffs Crowder is a moron.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks for this. I think I’ve write ups and findings on about bad psychological study ever conducted but I can’t say I’ve got a ton of knowledge or education on physical ones. This shit was terrible. They should have taken the motherfuckers running it and put them in front of a firing squad. 

Too quick. Should've let the particpants infect them with syphillis and provided them with the same treatment. Understand if this post might go too far for some:

The Implication GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Nahlin:

JUNE 25th-27th:

RB Jamarion Miller, Legacy (Tyler, TX)
OV schedule: A&M (June 4-6), Florida (June 11-13)

IT: The Texas staff finally gets its opportunity to make its big move.

OL Cameron Williams, Duncanville (Duncanville, TX)
Recruited by: Kyle Flood, Jeff Banks

IT: We go back and forth on who is more likely in the class, Williams or Jacob Sexton. Right now we’re leaning Williams. He wouldn’t put his Horns down in Norman but I bet we’ll see some Horns up in Austin.

TE Arlis Boardingham, Birmingham High (CA) (June 24-26)
Recruited by: Jeff Banks, Steve Sarkisian
OV schedule: Arizona State (June 18-20) - Canceled

IT: He didn’t visit ASU last weekend (probably was there a bunch during Covid) and we feel he’s the most likely TE in the class. There’s a bit of an Anthony Jones feel to this one in that the staff has put itself in a good spot ahead of the visit and UT could win out in short order after the visit.

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX)
Recruited by: Sarkisian, Joseph, Gideon, PK

IT: Anderson will take a Saturday/Sunday official visit due to the State 7 on 7 tournament in College Station. We still have UT with the advantage in the recruitment over A&M but the staff has to seal the deal.

LB T.J. Dudley, Montgomery Catholic (AL)
Recruited by: Jeff Choate, Bo Davis, Pete Kwiatkowski
OV schedule: Oregon (June 4-6), UCF (June 11-13)

IT: IT feels the coaches have higher priorities on the board in Jeremy Patton and Sebastian Cheeks, and the staff feels good about each.

CB Jaylon Guilbeau, Memorial (Port Arthur, TX) #AllGasNoBrakes
Recruited by: Terry Joseph, Pete Kwiatkowski

IT: TCU is pushing and A&M runs hot and cold on him. This recruitment has had a weird feel to it since the new staff arrived.

DB Austin Jordan, Ryan (Denton, TX)
Recruited by: Blake Gideon, Terry Joseph, Jeff Banks
OV schedule: Ohio State (June 11-13), Oklahoma (June 18-20)

IT: Guilbeau’s a better corner and a better DB in general but they’re similar in they are on everybody’s board just in case.

DT Jaray Bledsoe, Bremond (Bremond, TX) - unofficial visit
Recruited by: Bo Davis, Steve Sarkisian
OV schedule: Texas A&M (June 4-6), Alabama (June 18-20)

IT: This visit is about jockeying for position and ensuring an official visit this fall. This won’t be an easy recruitment to cover in the fall and we’re here for it. Bledsoe is the type of talent the staff will recruit until the end.

DL Justice Finkley, Hewitt (Trussville, AL)
Recruited by: Bo Davis
OV schedule: Colorado (June 11-13), Michigan (June 18-20)

IT: Finkley and his family profile favorably to the mix of academics and football few schools other than Texas can offer. He’s a high priority for the staff. While he may not be an arc runner he can certainly be a bull rusher and looper.

DL Aaron Bryant, Southhaven (MS)
OV schedule: Georgia (June 4-6), Texas A&M (June 18-20)

IT: One of the most underrated players in the country. Georgia losing Bear Alexander made Bryant a bigger need for them. His father attended Ole Miss.

EDGE J’Mond Tapp, Ascension Catholic (Donaldsville, LA)

EDGE Keahnist Thompson, Lakeland (Lakeland, FL)
OV schedule: UCF (June 11-13), Miami (June 18-20)

IT: Texas is in a good spot for Finkley and Derrick Brown, and has Jones already committed. at outside linebacker. With Tapp and Thompson the staff is still lining up alternatives and opening new doors. Tapp is similar to Finkley as a player while Thompson is similar to Jones.

Followed up with the following...

image.thumb.png.6cbddadbdb1f104eac8e802b58552794.png

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

DL Justice Finkley, Hewitt (Trussville, AL)
OV schedule: Colorado (June 11-13), Michigan (June 18-20)

IT: Finkley and his family profile favorably to the mix of academics and football few schools other than Texas can offer. He’s a high priority for the staff. While he may not be an arc runner he can certainly be a bull rusher and looper.

Does this mean he can't run half circles, but he is pretty good running around in full circles?

Edited by Bevo
  • Haha 2

We should totally be using this to our advantage behind the scenes: https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/22/los-angeles-lakers-alex-caruso-busted-for-weed-possession-in-texas/?fbclid=IwAR1a2ikcHVdG5CpYgvLUvv0sfv4KjR75WL2wJkU4zOTjI2PzOIqYOVaQ3yk

Go to collie station, where A&M PD will throw you in a cage for a fucking grinder and some shake, like they just did to this LA Laker.  Or come to Austin, where we're over that bullshit and don't arrest for it anymore.  

28 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

We should totally be using this to our advantage behind the scenes: https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/22/los-angeles-lakers-alex-caruso-busted-for-weed-possession-in-texas/?fbclid=IwAR1a2ikcHVdG5CpYgvLUvv0sfv4KjR75WL2wJkU4zOTjI2PzOIqYOVaQ3yk

Go to collie station, where A&M PD will throw you in a cage for a fucking grinder and some shake, like they just did to this LA Laker.  Or come to Austin, where we're over that bullshit and don't arrest for it anymore.  

Wait a minute ... a former Aggie who is now a Los Angeles Laker got arrested for having a grinder with weed residue?   

In 2021?

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wait a minute ... a former Aggie who is now a Los Angeles Laker got arrested for having a grinder with weed residue?   

In 2021?

In the police’s defense, would you believe Alex Caruso if he told you he was a professional basketball player and you didn’t know who he was?

• Haha 5

In 2021?

More like, wait a minute… a former aggy, who would therefore be familiar with College Station, not only got out of the BCS-North Houston suburb bubble but is now a Los Angeles Laker, chose to go back to College Station?
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

In 2021?

Surprised Caruso didn’t use the old aggy mind trick on those cops:

image.gif.09592dbf33a4e521287e9ea706a5daac.gif

Edited by IDIOTsavant
Fucking autocorrect

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

More like, wait a minute… a former aggy, who would therefore be familiar with College Station, not only got out of the BCS-North Houston suburb bubble but is now a Los Angeles Laker, chose to go back to College Station?

He grew up in College Station, he was probably back visiting relatives.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nahlin:

Followed up with the following...

image.thumb.png.6cbddadbdb1f104eac8e802b58552794.png

Surprised he didn't mention Bryce.

Also, know this isn't what he means but realistically the biggest visits for us this weekend imo are Banks to Aggy and Harris to Bama

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting