Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

24 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Comes down to relationships. Herman had the benefit of recruiting Texas hard at both fOSU and UH, then most of the top players in the 2018 cycle were in the Houston area.

If the staff shows well on the field, 2023 will go differently for us. We'll go heavy OOS this cycle and next year will depend on how things go during the season.

I mean you're not wrong but you gotta ask what it is going to take to get into that small group at the top of cfb. It takes elite coaching combined with elite recruiting. Ohio State just landed their sixth 5 star and its only early July. Alabama is turning players like Coleman away. Clemson and OU have yawned their way into the playoff. If you're going to win big, you have to completely sell out. Otherwise we are just pissing in the wind. 

40 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

What's left for OT?  The only uncommitted offers are Zach Rice, Tyler Booker, Dewberry, Josh Conerly, and George Fitzpatrick.  Only ones from that bunch I could maybe see a chance/visit is Conerly.  Maybe Helm convince his old teammate to give us a look.  Who knows.

Hmm, let's check in on his most recent Twitter activity...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Lol

9F12FEDB-28FC-49B4-9E00-6BF7BACB29B5.jpeg

I’m kind of partial to “bad read on my part,” and feel like I’m going to use that a lot over the next couple weeks. Next time my wife gets pissed at me….. “sorry, hon. bad read on my part.”  She will love that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Hopefully flood can work miracles and make these 2 ans 3 stars all world 

Fortunately, what we have are mid 3-to-lower 4 star recruits, mostly IOL in stature/measurables. Flood might find a few that he can make into serviceable OT, like Connor Williams. That’s the best we can hope for in the short term. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Hyphen confused

4 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Fortunately, what we have are mid 3-to-lower 4 star recruits, mostly IOL in stature/measurables. Flood might find a few that he can make into serviceable OT, like Connor Williams. That’s the best we can hope for in the short term. 

Think it was a couple years ago, but it was noted that the combined composite average for all four playoff teams at OL was in the low 4* range (89-90).

The talent on campus currently isn't the problem, it's that these guys have been coached by Herb Hand and Warehime.  Last year was a dud only landing two guys and I only see Conner ever contributing.  I like the two guys we got so far as they were both prioritized, but we still have a void at OT.  We will probably be portal shopping in another year or two if guys like Garth or Karic don't pan out.

We still averaged 5.3 yards per rush last year, and that was factoring in all the sacks Sam had.  If Flood is who we think he is, have to think that goes up a good bit.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting