Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

I don't want to be in their corner too much, because they're going to be absolutely insufferable until the season starts, but it seems like Gerry and Nahlin, in good faith, had a shitty source. Gotta go with what you've got if you're trying to see into the future.

Guess the family just liked talking to Perroni more, which, woof.

Just now, texifornia said:

I don't want to be in their corner too much, because they're going to be absolutely insufferable until the season starts, but it seems like Gerry and Nahlin, in good faith, had a shitty source. Gotta go with what you've got if you're trying to see into the future.

Guess the family just liked talking to Perroni more, which, woof.

Yeah it seems like that's the case - bad source and they're in too deep to reverse course now.

Still, it's not a good look for a staff w/ Bobby, Gerry and Eric to get schooled like this on a GHA 5 star recruit.

Good source / bad source aside it’s hard to defend apparent tunnel vision by ignoring every other outlet and signs obvious to us. Texas not knowing about the move up of dates, every other outlet say Texas 3rd choice or out of it and zoom meetings with coaches not at Texas and UT being relegated to text message communication. 

no way to spin that but being bad at your job. 

A string of posts from Perroni, on Banks.  The times they are a-changin' ...

(For sheer irony, I interposed a post from Roach, in the Perroni series.  If you aren't too Norla-ed, you may spot it.)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.62a0ca4d62f7619f6db93ee7df1d384f.png

image.thumb.png.2043b07ba8243b23f06f71322c72de7d.png

image.thumb.png.9628c3aeb6c54859d41fdf07962a109f.png

image.thumb.png.c6edea1649f381b863e2ff2e3439f8b9.png

image.thumb.png.ca1541822785ca5b5e0512a5deb1d6bd.png

image.thumb.png.082fabba2fdc82eb31bc40df80d455db.png

image.thumb.png.39a59c2f36c54d1695e4bd72bba11802.png

image.thumb.png.4f415292fa5aa2ea6f7797ae89e14b79.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

Some comic relief- Suchomel already admitted he's on vacation. Here's his 9 pm "update":

Been checking around on Kelvin Banks, who will announce tomorrow. Banks is still talking to his family about his options from what I was told. Texas has been in contact today via messages, but I do believe Banks has had more detailed conversations with both Texas A&M and Oregon today. That would seem to be a sign.

Texas is still hanging around in this one and in communicating with a key source, there's still some confidence that the Longhorns can win, but I think it's also safe to say that there's some nervousness in Austin due to Banks' keeping everyone in the dark.

Tough one to decipher because there are some mixed signals (again), but right now I'd favor either Texas A&M or Oregon to win out. Sounds like Banks is still undecided (or that's what he's telling people), so there could still be some late movement. I can say with confidence that he has not told any of the coaching staffs that are recruiting him of his decision.

We'll have our final answer tomorrow at 3 p.m.

Banks landing with the ducks would at least make sense. They sniped Williams even though the kid was telling his friends and coaches like 15 hours before he was going Texas. They flipped the WR that was a heavy ND lean with apparently just as little warning (he also was telling 'family connections' like the day before it would be ND). Now Banks goes from a late July commitment date and torn between Texas/Aggies to Oregon + moving his date up? A lot of this smoke coming out about not having his mind made up could just be cover for "I accepted a giant fucking bag and want people to be less suspicious". Their bag game has always been strong and the NIL rule passage by the NCAA gives them more of a green light than ever. 

At least if its Oregon we have a solid chance of getting him to flip back throughout the season if he has second thoughts about playing so far from home and/or they humiliate themselves against another Oregon St or Cal. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Some comic relief- Suchomel already admitted he's on vacation. Here's his 9 pm "update":

Been checking around on Kelvin Banks, who will announce tomorrow. Banks is still talking to his family about his options from what I was told. Texas has been in contact today via messages, but I do believe Banks has had more detailed conversations with both Texas A&M and Oregon today. That would seem to be a sign.

Texas is still hanging around in this one and in communicating with a key source, there's still some confidence that the Longhorns can win, but I think it's also safe to say that there's some nervousness in Austin due to Banks' keeping everyone in the dark.

Tough one to decipher because there are some mixed signals (again), but right now I'd favor either Texas A&M or Oregon to win out. Sounds like Banks is still undecided (or that's what he's telling people), so there could still be some late movement. I can say with confidence that he has not told any of the coaching staffs that are recruiting him of his decision.

We'll have our final answer tomorrow at 3 p.m.

Now that's value for $9.95 

4 hours ago, satyanash said:

Been swamped with work the last few weeks, still catching up on the thread.

Right now I'm on page 473 and really hoping it gets better... 😬

We’ve missed you during these trying times. 

But we’re all glad you’re overdosing on this meltdown. 

Figured Oregon must have gotten hot last year to have this sort of success recruiting Texas since I don’t really keep up with pac football.

Checked last years schedule and they went 4-3 losing to cal (1-3), Oregon state (2-5) and then Iowa state by 17 points? 

I guess I understand that their coach is a good online coach or whatever, but it’s gotta be the money at this point.

Edited by Enchubben

13 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Figured Oregon must have gotten hot last year to have this sort of success recruiting Texas since I don’t really keep up with pac football.

Checked last years schedule and they went 4-3 losing to cal (1-3), Oregon state (2-5) and then Iowa state by 17 points? 

I guess I understand that their coach is a good online coach or whatever, but it’s gotta be the money at this point.

Bags, weed, some kids interested in a change of scenery.

Cristobal is not a good coach. I think he’s like Herman as a coach. Not the asshole but stupid in game decisions. I remember there was this media member who basically tweeted , what’s with the Oregon love he sucks as a coach. Said it nicely of course. Then I watched some of the game and came away with the same thoughts. They also had a lot of stupid penalties. But whatever Herman was able to con a lot of players into coming here. Maybe Oregon will suck again this year and If Texas is actually decent they can flip some good ones.

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Cristobal is not a good coach. I think he’s like Herman as a coach. Not the asshole but stupid in game decisions. I remember there was this media member who basically tweeted , what’s with the Oregon love he sucks as a coach. Said it nicely of course. Then I watched some of the game and came away with the same thoughts. They also had a lot of stupid penalties. But whatever Herman was able to con a lot of players into coming here. Maybe Oregon will suck again this year and If Texas is actually decent they can flip some good ones.

he is a terrible in game coach... always loses games he shouldn't.

1 minute ago, MIkeHoncho said:

I'm sure this has been covered someplace, but is this Oregon momentum as simple as Phil Knight playing up the NIL better than we can?  Having these kids see Nike behind them is a big sell I'm sure. 

Oh, and this...

image.jpeg.847c11d3439199195abe7530d0562294.jpeg

Up until a few months ago a Texas alum was head of marketing and brand management for Nike?  I think we'll be ok.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting