Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Expecting? Fuck I’m hoping. That’ll be the best news we’ve had this weekend. But yes. 

3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Finkley would soothe the pain a bit. Hudson to SMU and hopefully Banks to Oregon. The aggies will be insufferable if they land him.

For the record, this is a top 4 (which Texas will almost certainly make), not a commitment.

Commitments don't mean shit to these kids these day.  They love all the hype and attention.  Once it stops, they want more.  When Texas wins this year, A&M gets 3rd in the SEC West again, Oregon loses 4 games and these kids see what Sark and Flood are doing, they will flip.  Nothing matters until the letter is signed in December. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

Bags >>> NIL especially in this current climate

Yeah, lots of bullshit going on right now. I don't blame IT one bit. We got a few silents who said they were going to announce this week. We felt confident enough to tell Sexton that we didn't have a spot. Then, Oregon swooped in with an offer way above the going rate. We live in the day and age of semipro football disguised as college athletics. Y'all just need to come to grips with it.

• Hook 'Em 1

We simply are not getting the benefit of the doubt anymore by recruits.  It’s comes down to winning and development.  Luckily for us, Texas is a school that can easily pull experienced veteran players from the transfer market.  I fully expect us to bring in a tackle once the LSU tackle doesn’t workout.  Spoke to a LSU grad that said he would be shocked if the LSU tackle qualified at Texas.  Said if LSU couldn’t fudge his grades to keep him qualifying, Texas definitely won’t be able to get him admitted.  

As far as Banks, it sucks.  This reminds me of last year when we were going to get every OL and ended up with none of themZ  I’m happy we have Robertson and Hutson.  Let’s hope we close the deal on Campbell but those elite guys are getting the negative sell from every school on Texas.  They are literally showing them data that Texas is the worst school when it comes to developing g blue chip prospects.  Hard to combat that until you prove it on the field.

This class will have some very good pieces.  It will probably fall in the top 7-13 range when it’s all said and done.  That plenty good to compete in the college football playoffs with our current roster and our ability to fill in holes with the transfer portal.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, HateYouAndMyself said:

Is Finkley a take for Alabama right now? I would assume so but you never fucking know with that program so figured I'd ask. 

I believe he is.  His family is very high on academics.  I think Texas actually has a great shot in this recruitment and this would be a massive get.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Why would Texas keep signing with Nike if they are going out of their way to fuck us out of talent.  Doesn’t seem like a great business relationship.  What’s the point of having the brand that the cruites like if Nike pulls away the best, hard to come by players by using NIL shenanigans.  How is this relationship helping Texas exactly?

1 minute ago, stork642 said:

Why would Texas keep signing with Nike if they are going out of their way to fuck us out of talent.  Doesn’t seem like a great business relationship.  What’s the point of having the brand that the cruites like if Nike pulls away the best, hard to come by players by using NIL shenanigans.  How is this relationship helping Texas exactly?

How about Texas does a better job of building their program, incorporating a bag game, putting players in the league, and keeping their facilities up to date?

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, lots of bullshit going on right now. I don't blame IT one bit. We got a few silents who said they were going to announce this week. We felt confident enough to tell Sexton that we didn't have a spot. Then, Oregon swooped in with an offer way above the going rate. We live in the day and age of semipro football disguised as college athletics. Y'all just need to come to grips with it.

This is not at all what happened. This was not a situation where we had Banks and Oregon swooped in last minute. IT fucked up massively and so did the staff if they were actually stupid enough to turn Sexton away. 

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

We simply are not getting the benefit of the doubt anymore by recruits.

That isn't how this is going down. Oregon is the Georgia of the West Coast. They have had mediocre teams but have deep and open pockets. They have been out-recruiting USC in California for a long time now yet their results haven't matched their pocketbooks. Once a player is open to the idea of getting paid, that is the main differentiator between schools especially when they are all putting guys into the league. Shit, even a cow pasture looks good compared to where they are living now so the difference between Austin and Auburn isn't a hell of a lot. Just show them the money.

We will be fine. The OV during a game week experience and hopefully improved play on the field along with the SEZ project ought to help us a lot this fall. We (by "we" I mean @texifornia but I happen to agree 😊) said back in January that the two must get guys in this class were Denver Harris and Devon Campbell. They are still there for the taking. Presumably, we still lead for Finkley, Patton, and Brown right now too. If we can somehow get Anderson im still loving where we are at. Im not gonna blame the coaching staff that hasn't coached a game yet haha I trust them over our 9.95ers, those guys are throwing the staff under the bus to save their own asses. They were misinformed and they led us astray.

Does anyone give a shit about USNews college rankings? If they have any validity (or for just shits and giggles) we are #42, CU is #103 and (drum roll) Saban’s Ring Factory is #143. So, if we are to believe academics are indeed a big consideration for the Finkley family, then we should score highest on that criteria.

4 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Alright, so let's say this premise is real and Phil Knight is sinisterly twirling his mustache at Nike HQ thinking of the myriad ways he'll poach Texas talent with his vast riches. Wouldn't backing out of contract just mean Nike has another >$16mm/year sitting around to hand out to the recruits? Am I missing something.

I did see some pretty promising mockups from Overshown's clothing company. Maybe we can get into DO licensed threads. 

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is not at all what happened. This was not a situation where we had Banks and Oregon swooped in last minute. IT fucked up massively and so did the staff if they were actually stupid enough to turn Sexton away. 

I disagree. CTJ has been saying Banks to UT for quite some time. Things changed.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting