Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

I think bitchassery is a term used to described needless bitching when negativity is not warranted. I wouldn’t classify our offensive line recruiting house of cards crumbling to be in that category. 

At this point in the cycle, it is. 
At worst, these kids haven’t even played their senior year of high school and late risers seem to be a pretty consistent theme each year.

1 minute ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

At worst, these kids haven’t even played their senior year of high school and late risers seem to be a pretty consistent theme each year.

People have said this constantly and since when has that ever fucking worked out?

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

We heard the same thing last year when we whiffed on all of the top in state linemen. This is year is definitely different in that we are doing much better at guard/center. But Sark and Flood will have to scramble for backup plans. And that’s not a great place to be in. 

Just now, Newy25 said:

We heard the same thing last year when we whiffed on all of the top in state linemen. This is year is definitely different in that we are doing much better at guard/center. But Sark and Flood will have to scramble for backup plans. And that’s not a great place to be in. 

Signing day is awhile. I honestly didn't think recruiting would be much of a problem with the new staff. The only positive of them committing to Oregon is that it's long way from home.not saying banks is flippable but itll be a bit easier to flip him (with wins) from Oregon than a&m 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Teryor said:

So uhhh what happened to the news that was going to completely shake up the west coast in football and could we get that soon?

So far all we know is 

* not ASU related 

* verified coach on CFB says it's legit news 

* pretty sure someone else said it isn't Oregon related?

NIL isn’t going to stop schools from dropping bags.  Kids will still want the big pay day rather than hoping they can build a following in hopes of getting money from name, image, and likeness.  Most players have said NIL isn’t playing a big role in their decisions.  Let’s see how Texas utilizes it. 

Have any football players actually monetized this so far? Outside of guys like Bijan, most guys may make $100-200 bucks here and there with appearances.  That’s not going to move the needle in recruiting.  The talk of Texas being the biggest player in NIL seems silly.  Just looks like we will help players build a following and help link them with marketing firms.  Not sure what else Texas is planning on doing.

• Hook 'Em 1

What do y’all think about this quote from an Oregon recruit? Seems very suggestive of NIL violations to me. I can read one possible violation as ambiguous but not another. Any Opinions?

8272A032-D224-4DEA-9336-C4164DBB6621.png

Edited by UtBlaw

2 minutes ago, UtBlaw said:

What do y’all think about this quote from an Oregon recruit? Seems very suggestive of NIL violations to me. I can read one possible violation as ambiguous but not another. Any Opinions?

Nothing close enough to specific there. It's all implication.

3 minutes ago, UtBlaw said:

are you knowledgeable about the NIL rules?  what violations do you think you see?

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, UtBlaw said:

There's enough there that they might vacate Oregon's 2024 national championship in 2032.

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I thought we had like "great" recruiters? Wtf is happening? It's like kids are finding reasons to NOT come to Texas. Jesus this sucks. 

sounds crazy, but it’s almost as if saban mattered more to bama recruiting than kyle flood. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting