Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

14 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Gerry on Jeff Banks:

Reveal hidden contents

Jeff Banks Rainmaker Recruiter

If anyone is interested in wondering how big the hire of Jeff Banks is for Texas, just simply take a look at the number and talent of prospects inside the state lines Banks was in charge of recruiting at Alabama.

For those wondering, if Steve Sarkisian just hired a “rainmaker” in recruiting, jut take a peek at this list …

2022’s Jeff Banks was recruiting for Alabama:

Omari Abor, DE Duncanville High

Bear Alexander, DT, Denton Ryan

Kelvin Banks, OT, Summer Creek

Chace Biddle, S, Garland High

Caleb Burton, WR, Del Valle (Ohio State commit)

Devon Campbell, OG, Arlington Bowie

Ernest Cooper, DE, Arlington Martin

Kam, Dewberry, OT/G, Atascocita

Jayden Early, OT/G, Duncanville

Jordan Hudson, WR, Garland High (Oklahoma commit)

Cole Hutson, OG, Frisco High

Harold Perkins, OLB, Cy-Park

Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco Liberty

Malick Sylla, DE, Katy High

Bobby Taylor, CB, Katy High

Brenen Thompson, WR/ATH, Spearman

Neto Umeozulu, OT, Allen High

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Gerry on Jeff Banks:

Hide contents

Jeff Banks Rainmaker Recruiter

If anyone is interested in wondering how big the hire of Jeff Banks is for Texas, just simply take a look at the number and talent of prospects inside the state lines Banks was in charge of recruiting at Alabama.

For those wondering, if Steve Sarkisian just hired a “rainmaker” in recruiting, jut take a peek at this list …

2022’s Jeff Banks was recruiting for Alabama:

Omari Abor, DE Duncanville High

Bear Alexander, DT, Denton Ryan

Kelvin Banks, OT, Summer Creek

Chace Biddle, S, Garland High

Caleb Burton, WR, Del Valle (Ohio State commit)

Devon Campbell, OG, Arlington Bowie

Ernest Cooper, DE, Arlington Martin

Kam, Dewberry, OT/G, Atascocita

Jayden Early, OT/G, Duncanville

Jordan Hudson, WR, Garland High (Oklahoma commit)

Cole Hutson, OG, Frisco High

Harold Perkins, OLB, Cy-Park

Evan Stewart, WR, Frisco Liberty

Malick Sylla, DE, Katy High

Bobby Taylor, CB, Katy High

Brenen Thompson, WR/ATH, Spearman

Neto Umeozulu, OT, Allen High

My God he's gonna need a lot of cocaine to keep up with that list. Thankfully he probably knows how to find it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Lonestar88's take is correct and the reason I stated upthread that if a flip happens, it will likely be ahead of summer. That's what the $9.95ers believe too.

Irrespective of what we think about the Ewers/Klubnik comparison, one has been immediately given the slowplay and the other is being showered with love in pursuit of a flip back to Texas, and it's evident that Sarkisian knows his shit with QB evaluations.

Ewers has a quick trigger and lightning quick reads and instincts for defenses, plus all of the measurables. He's not the #1 recruit in the country because of his HS stats, sorry.

Westlake guy told me Sark reaffirmed Klubnik’s offer this week on the phone with him. Either it’s a race to commit, or Sark takes two. 

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Westlake guy told me Sark reaffirmed Klubnik’s offer this week on the phone with him. Either it’s a race to commit, or Sark takes two. 

Imagine two 5* QB's in the same class and in the same qb room. It won't happen, but my goodness. Anyway, we're getting Ewers, so it's all moot. 

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I didn't say he doesn't have an offer, so nothing to dispute there. He's just not getting a push to do anything and was told that the staff was excited "to get out there and see you when we can." He's getting slow-played until they know where things really stand with Ewers. That might last a week, it might remain the case indefinitely if Ewers flips again. It's extremely unlikely they'd take both of them either way. 

It's also not entirely clear that they'd take Klubnik over other choices, either. If they wanted Klubnik on board right now, they'd have his commitment because they'd be giving him the choice to fuck or walk. They're not making the push though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Sark will find some southern Cal TE who'd otherwise go to Stanford or Notre Dame and get picked in the first two rounds 

Speaking of Southern Cal TE's going to Stanford, I actually like Sam Roush's tape quite a bit. Decent to good blocker already, has good hands.

1 minute ago, Butch Had Not said:

Maybe this is misguided but I am of the belief that a successful TE is the one position in college that can be created out of S&C and good coaching. 

With that said, Erik Gilbert have any interest in coming here?

Arik Gilbert wants to be a WR not TE. It’s the reason why he left LSU.

Donovan Green has been recruiting for aggy for more than a year. I don't think this is much of a revelation. 

I imagine aggy is going to trickle Green, Sylla, and Taylor out to try and combat Texas momentum. 

On Klubnik, I will say again that Jimbo is a fucking moron for not having him committed already - he's not getting Ty Simpson. I have a bias against most LT and Westlake kids - as you guys know and I think Klubnick is an easy take in any given year. He's simply in the same class and region as a once-a-decade type QB in Ewers and will have to see Texas play that recruitment out first. Jimbo continuing to shoot himself in the dick with DT QBs that lack accuracy (Stowers, Calzada, every FSU QB take) while ignoring free money (Klubnik) is fucking hilarious and fascinating. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Donovan Green doesn't take too kindly to Sark's offense (or maybe just Ian Boyd)

Did Fred Davis play for a usc offense under Sarkisian? He had 60+ catches one year.

When he has a te who can het open and catch, he absolutely schemes for them.

I fully expect Wiley to pull in 30+ catches in 2021.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

Donovan Green has been recruiting for aggy for more than a year. I don't think this is much of a revelation. 

I imagine aggy is going to trickle Green, Sylla, and Taylor out to try and combat Texas momentum. 

I imagine PJ Williams would eventually be in this group?  We need hope Harold Perkins and Kelvin Banks will hold off a while.

4 hours ago, Fud said:

Sark will find some southern Cal TE who'd otherwise go to Stanford or Notre Dame and get picked in the first two rounds 

Some TE's from California.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jack-Pedersen-46083818/

https://247sports.com/Player/Keyan-Burnett-46084387/

https://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Roush-46085704/

https://247sports.com/Player/Arlis-Boardingham-46081164/

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting