2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note, there aren't really enough superlatives for Giannis. He's ascendant, generational, elite. What a talent, what a performance. Impossible to root against. 

And what a playoffs. We avoided championships by nephew Kawhi, LeChina and AD, the dick kicker CP3, and the second most unlikeable team in history out in Brooklyn (nobody will beat the Kobe/Shaq//Payton/Child rapist Malone Lakers). And probably the most likeable guy in the league ascended and won the title. Fuckin awesome. My favorite playoffs outside of Spurs title runs. Basketball fuckin rules. 

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MotownHorn said:

What a game and what a win for the Bucks 

I respect Giannis’s championship 100 times more than KDs. That’s the way to do it!

i realize we're in the moment right now and hyperbole is strong, but this playoffs will be remembered for the number of big time guys who missed games (or entire series') due to injury.

KD besting Lebron is a much bigger deal than Giannis besting Trae Young and Devin Booker.

Jae Crowder just missed another wide open 3.  

Jesting aside - congrats to MIL. Can only play who's in front of you and they did that and came out champs. Feels kind of like the Spurs 99 title. Weird season - pretty wide open title race - unexpected Finals matchup - young buck (pun intended?) elevates his team to a huge title win for the city. 

Will be interesting to see if they can run it back at somepoint with this same core. Giannis isn't done but I'd probably bet against them winning another one with this trio. League is super talented and they were pretty vulnerable at a few points during this run. 

I have no idea what to think of the West next year. Will be interesting if Phoenix can respond to this exit - not going to say that they totally blew it as by far the best player on the court was opposite them but they could have easily won this series. 

Chris Paul. What a weird legacy. 

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

KD joined a 72 win team that already won a chip without him. If Draymond didn't punch a guy in the nuts GS would have won 2 rings before KD even joined them. KD's move was the weakest in history.

The Bucks just beat the Suns in the Finals half an hour ago and we are somehow already debating the merits or demerits of the Ws dynasty for the billionth time. Good God. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i realize we're in the moment right now and hyperbole is strong, but this playoffs will be remembered for the number of big time guys who missed games (or entire series') due to injury.

KD besting Lebron is a much bigger deal than Giannis besting Trae Young and Devin Booker.

What KD's career has taught us is that he needs three hall of Fame teammates to beat an opponent with a single hall of famer. Two HOF teammates just doesn't cut it. 

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Jae Crowder just missed another wide open 3.  

Jesting aside - congrats to MIL. Can only play who's in front of you and they did that and came out champs. Feels kind of like the Spurs 99 title. Weird season - pretty wide open title race - unexpected Finals matchup - young buck (pun intended?) elevates his team to a huge title win for the city. 

Will be interesting to see if they can run it back at somepoint with this same core. Giannis isn't done but I'd probably bet against them winning another one with this trio. League is super talented and they were pretty vulnerable at a few points during this run. 

I have no idea what to think of the West next year. Will be interesting if Phoenix can respond to this exit - not going to say that they totally blew it as by far the best player on the court was opposite them but they could have easily won this series. 

Chris Paul. What a weird legacy. 

You mean 0-7 from 3, -15 +/- Devin Booker right?

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Draymond is a HoFer but Kyrie and Love aren't? 

Love isn't, obviously. Kyrie probably is, but shouldn't be.

I should have gotten you on the hook for some cash early in the season when you were convinced the Nets were inevitable. I'll get you next season. 

Just now, BradInATX said:

Love isn't, obviously. Kyrie probably is, but shouldn't be.

I should have gotten you on the hook for some cash early in the season when you were convinced the Nets were inevitable. I'll get you next season. 

Bref gives Love a 75% chance and Kyrie an 83% chance. 

I never thought the Nets were a Finals lock. I was actually pretty nervous about them going against the Bucks and Sixers. 

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

On that list Klay is @ 51.2% and Dray is below 35%..... may want to sit this one out.

You mean using basketball reference's "hall of Fame probability" metric isn't a reliable predictor of actual hall of Fame chances?

You don't say! Amari Stoudamire isn't going to be happy with this revelation. 

Edited by BradInATX

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

You mean using basketball reference's "hall of Fame probability" metric isn't a reliable predictor of actual hall of Fame chances?

You don't say! Amari Stoudamire isn't going to be happy. 

I'm saying Kyrie and Love have as good or better cases than Dray..... Let's not build silly narratives.

44 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

KD besting LeBron? 😂

With the team that had already beaten LeBron without him? The team that he lost to before he jumped on their bandwagon?

GTFOut of here man. Giannis stayed in a small market, built a team around him, and won it on his own as the clear star player. WAY more impressive.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Switching gears.. can we talk about CP3 leaving like he did? I don't remember the finals losers completely disregarding the post-series handshakes like that. Did any of the suns go dap the Bucks guys? Am I just being a boomer guy expecting that to happen? Is Chris Paul still a passive aggressive bitch?

Switching gears.. can we talk about CP3 leaving like he did? I don't remember the finals losers completely disregarding the post-series handshakes like that. Did any of the suns go dap the Bucks guys? Am I just being a boomer guy expecting that to happen? Is Chris Paul still a passive aggressive bitch?

The paper trail of his bitchassness is miles long. I had no horse in this race. Cp3 not winning a title makes my heart warm if the Bucks were going to win.

But I’ll also tip my cap to him- he had some fucking fantastic moments this playoff. Also last year when he was traded to OKC as “a joke” we laughed at but he still showed up and led them to a game 7 first round dog fight. I forget against who. He’s a pros pro but his flopping and antics make him easy to root against. Being country club members with lebron and Dwayne wade doesn’t help. So fuck him

8 hours ago, Kermit said:

Who is Giannis yelling at on the phone? Lol dude. 

Pretty sure he was talking to Thanasis telling him to come out there.

After his speech he told people he was out.   I'm betting he went back to celebrate with is brother.    Probably had quite a moment considering where they came from.   Even if his brother doesn't play a whole lot it has to be truly special to get to the top of the mountain with your brother right there.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I did not see game six because I was at a baseball game with a friend, but I am glad to see the Bucks win. I picked them to win the title at the start of the playoffs. I just thought they had the best player and that they all mesh well as a group. Adding Tucker was huge for them as it gave them a toughness edge they were lacking in the past. When they went down 2-0 to Phoenix I told a friend I wasn't worried about them losing the series and that they'd still win because the Suns did not have any experience as a group in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ok well. Sometimes these athletes look older than their dad hahah. Makes sense now

Don't get me wrong his Dad looks young as hell and was dunking at 50+ years old on a little pregame interview/excerpt TNT or ESPN did on his family earlier during the season. I'd feel young and spry too if I had 3 sons playing in the NBA.