Other NCAA Regionals Thread

WBT

Guest Lobo

South Alabama up 4-0 on South Florida heading to the 6th.  A winner-take-all Game 7 would be tomorrow at 12noon.  Obviously with massive implications for Texas.

Guest Lobo
5 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

This Ole Miss vs So Miss game has started out with plenty of action and we haven’t finished the 1st.

Yeah, that game is 4-4 and they're still batting B1.  Our game was never gonna get on ESPNU tonight.  which sucks, because while swimming/drinking, I texted everyone in my family telling them that instead of LHN, ESPNU would be nationally carrying our big game with traditional baseball powerhouse, Arizona State tonight at 8:00p.  

Instead we're playing a jesuit college they've never heard of, on a channel they don't get, and I'll probably fall asleep before it's done.  

Edited by Lobo

I watched a little fsu/ole miss last night and I think I heard that their coach is Mike Martin, jr. Is that right?  

Number 11’s son carries on the FSU tradition of not winning the CWS.

Sad his dad passed Augie in wins. Augie took 15 teams to the CWS and won 5 championships. Martin took 17 teams to the CWS and won 0. Squat. Nada. Zip.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, that game is 4-4 and they're still batting B1.  Our game was never gonna get on ESPNU tonight.  which sucks, because while swimming/drinking, I texted everyone in my family telling them that instead of LHN, ESPNU would be nationally carrying our big game with traditional baseball powerhouse, Arizona State tonight at 8:00p.  

Instead we're playing Fairfield on a channel they don't get, and I'll probably fall asleep before it's done.  

So our game won't be on ESPNU until the ole Miss game is over?

Guest Lobo

Notre Dame just a few minutes/few outs away from being the first to punch its ticket to the Super Regionals.  I'm still a bit skeptical of their hype, and their regional opponents were somewhat overrated, but they've swept 3 games, outscoring them 45-5.  I'd say they belong in the next round.  Congrats to the Fighting Irish.  If it's Mississippi State you face in the next round, may you beat the living shit out of them.  

Guest Lobo

Lotta ball to be played tonight, but ESPN's network family could be looking at these odd Super Regional matchups next weekend on our side of the bracket:

Virginia Commonwealth @ Notre Dame 

Dallas Baptist @ Old Dominion 

Oregon @ Tennessee

South Alabama/South Florida @ Texas 

Hard to slot those for TV times.  Since we're no longer looking at a Miami or Florida, I think we get Fri-Sun slots in the afternoon.  We're probably done and packing for Omaha before some supers on the other side even get started Saturday night.

Guest Lobo
2 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

I'm sure it would revert to Old Dominion, wouldn't it?  I know they didn't bid on a site, but surely at some point---somebody at the NCAA noticed they were a #1 seed and there was a chance they'd advance and TCU wouldn't?  If not, massive break for Dallas Baptist who should be able to put at least a couple thousand fans in nearby Fort Worth for the biggest series in program history.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm sure it would revert to Old Dominion, wouldn't it?  I know they didn't bid on a site, but surely at some point---somebody at the NCAA noticed they were a #1 seed and there was a chance they'd advance and TCU wouldn't?  If not, massive break for Dallas Baptist who should be able to put at least a couple thousand fans in nearby Fort Worth for the biggest series in program history.  

Yeah I would think it would go to the closest unused site to ODU. Maybe Columbia again.  Now if Virginia pulls the double dip it could be Fort Worth.

3 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Anyone got a link to stream squeeze play? I’d like to set up a second TV when our game starts, but only have sling orange with a single stream.

https://sports24.icu/ncaa/squeeze-play-SH1.html

never ask for a college baseball stream again clicking here

https://therealstreamhub.site/index.php

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo
Just now, WBT said:

Damn, Notre Dame straight murdered that regional 

50-5.  Even with some over-seeded teams, they just dominated every aspect of every game.  Gotta give 'em credit.  Decent chance we see them on Jesus' Sabbath up in Omaha.  

22 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah I would think it would go to the closest unused site to ODU. Maybe Columbia again.  Now if Virginia pulls the double dip it could be Fort Worth.

The ODU campus is just across town from Harbor Park, the home of the AAA Norfolk Tides whom I believe are on the road next weekend.

If ODU wins their regional, the NCAA should look at the alternative …

D5224EA8-7993-4B53-BCEE-12CEA283FAD2.jpeg

10 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

The ODU campus is just across town from Harbor Park, the home of the AAA Norfolk Tides whom I believe are on the road next weekend.

If ODU wins their regional, the NCAA should look at the alternative …

D5224EA8-7993-4B53-BCEE-12CEA283FAD2.jpeg

It can only be one of the 16 approved sites.  That was the whole point of that. Columbia possibly. Greenville if ECU has to go to Vandy 

Edited by Js1

Ok. They won’t. So I guess bitch about that.  They aren’t gonna change the process now Bc you want them to. They’ve planned for this.

I forgot I was explaining to an idiot 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Guest Lobo

Gainesville delay taking all the momentum out of South Alabama's sails.  If they can't finish tonight (and that's looking more and more likely at almost 10:00pm local time), they'll resume at noon tomorrow.  With the if-necessary game 7 taking place 30 minutes after that.  But S. Alabama really had some tremendous impetus going.

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Number 11’s son carries on the FSU tradition of not winning the CWS.

Sad his dad passed Augie in wins. Augie took 15 teams to the CWS and won 5 championships. Martin took 17 teams to the CWS and won 0. Squat. Nada. Zip.

He didn't pass Augie in college baseball badassery.  

In fact, he's hasn't even sniffed the zip code.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Gainesville delay taking all the momentum out of South Alabama's sails.  If they can't finish tonight (and that's looking more and more likely at almost 10:00pm local time), they'll resume at noon tomorrow.  With the if-necessary game 7 taking place 30 minutes after that.  But S. Alabama really had some tremendous impetus going.

Already moved to tomorrow 

Guest Lobo

I guess it doesn't really matter for us.  Just enjoying watching both those underdogs battle it out.  Won't matter, neither is a TV draw so we're gonna have earlier games, I would think.  Which is nice, day drinking and whatnot.