Meanwhile in China

RPM

On 8/18/2023 at 2:53 PM, Trey3216 said:

It’s totally normal to have 25-30% unemployment for 18-30 age group.   Another massive real estate bank going under.   Entire cities built (some for up to several million residents) that not a single person lives in.    

Completely normal.   

I am not, and have never said, that it is not going to happen. I am just pointing out that it has been "imminent" for like two decades. Maybe it falls tomorrow? Who knows? Maybe Pooh Bear manipulates it harder and they hang on for 10 more years.

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

I am not, and have never said, that it is not going to happen. I am just pointing out that it has been "imminent" for like two decades. Maybe it falls tomorrow? Who knows? Maybe Pooh Bear manipulates it harder and they hang on for 10 more years.

Also true.  I'm just merely stating that when a large portion of your economic growth consists of zombie construction numbers and you're hoping for homebuyers to come save the day when you've quite possibly reached peak population for your country...You're kind of in a world of shit, and have been for sometime.  You just failed to diagnose the problem in time.   

• Hook 'Em 1

On the demographics front, China is not the only country with birth rates below the replacement rate, which is 2.1 births per woman. The US is at 1.7 while Canada and China are at 1.40 and 1.2 respectively. South Korea is a holy shit 0.8. 

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.TFRT.IN

The counties with the highest birth rates are in the least developed countries.

I’m not a smart man, but seems like the developed countries will need (?) / rely (?) on immigration to maintain a tax base for their social programs.

Without emigration, the 3rd world countries will have more people competing for limited resources leading to increased conflict.

The data is pretty bleak for the future. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superhero said:

On the demographics front, China is not the only country with birth rates below the replacement rate, which is 2.1 births per woman. The US is at 1.7 while Canada and China are at 1.40 and 1.2 respectively. South Korea is a holy shit 0.8. 

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.TFRT.IN

The counties with the highest birth rates are in the least developed countries.

I’m not a smart man, but seems like the developed countries will need (?) / rely (?) on immigration to maintain a tax base for their social programs.

Without emigration, the 3rd world countries will have more people competing for limited resources leading to increased conflict.

The data is pretty bleak for the future. 

China also makes a lot of shit up. It shouldn't surprise anyone if their birth rate is even lower than 1.2. 

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.barrons.com/news/china-on-high-alert-after-us-canadian-ships-transit-taiwan-strait-e3dabc87

China said Saturday its troops were "on constant high alert" after two ships belonging to the United States and Canada transited through the Taiwan Strait, a military spokesperson said.

"The Eastern Theatre Command of China's PLA organised naval and air forces to trail their entire course and stand alert in accordance with laws and regulations," said Senior Colonel Shi Yi, referring to the People's Liberation Army.

"Troops in the theatre remain on constant high alert, and will resolutely protect national sovereignty and security as well as regional peace and stability," Shi said in a statement.

Shi said that the two ships -- identified in the statement only as "Johnson" of the United States and "Ottawa" of Canada -- had "openly hyped up" their passage through the waters.

The Chinese were proud of themselves for following an American and a Canadian ship for a short distance?  That thing we've done with Soviet and Russian ships for nearly 70 years, and they are proud of that?

Shock What GIF by ProBit Global

• Hook 'Em 3

https://www.the-sun.com/news/9052048/china-uses-spy-network-sex-cash-us-uk-officials/

CHINESE agents are feared to be using "sex and cash" to woo US and UK officials after a suspected Communist agent was found at the heart of Westminster.

And it was revealed last night cops have arrested a parliamentary researcher accused of spying for China. The alleged agent, a man in his 20s, is understood to have had links to MPs with classified information.

He is claimed to have gained access to several politicians privy to classified or highly sensitive information in what is thought to be one of the biggest-ever spying breaches at Westminster. "This is a major escalation by China. We have never seen anything like this before," a Whitehall source told The Sunday Times.

Experts have repeatedly sounded the alarm over Chinese spies in the UK - and it is feared the latest arrest could be the tip of the iceberg. And it follows the revelations that Beijing was operating secret police stations across Britain.

China has also allegedly used a network of "honey trap" spies to lure British and American officials with sex. The network of "beautiful women" were believed to be using platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook to connect with their prey before luring them in.

They will then bed the target, and use their influence over them to try and extort valuable information for the Communist Party. Chinese operatives, however, were said to not just be looking for high-profile politicians, but warned that aides, staffers, and interns could also be at risk.

If they are targeting aides/interns, they are totally getting all of the information.

Hell, it doesn't take much - she bagged a US Congressman, two mayors, and various other staffers/pols

democratic-congressman-eric-swalwell-dem

Walk her around in front of a bunch of interns and they'll give her the passwords to the computers.

• Hook 'Em 3

China has also allegedly used a network of "honey trap" spies to lure British and American officials with sex. The network of "beautiful women" were believed to be using platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook to connect with their prey before luring them in.

They will then bed the target, and use their influence over them to try and extort valuable information for the Communist Party. Chinese operatives, however, were said to not just be looking for high-profile politicians, but warned that aides, staffers, and interns could also be at risk.

I work in tech and I probably get 3-4 connection requests a week from what I've started calling "Standard hot Chinese woman". Usually asking me if I'd be interested in a consulting opportunity. I assume they want to try to get me to give up some trade secrets or something. I just decline and delete them. I also use WhatsApp to communicate with my Global team, and get spammed by bots with a hot Chinese woman avatar a few times a week. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

Here's hoping we're smart enough to avoid it.  I'd like to see quicker movement on getting manufacturing the fuck out of there, but we're all slaves to quarterly reporting and that will fuck us on this one.

Mexico is now, or has been for a while, the largest exporter to the US, which is interesting.  Just need to get that tech manufacturing shifted to Vietnam/India/Mexico/South America.

40 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

They could jump on Taiwan just to change the story

That completely destroys their economy and puts hundreds of millions of Chinese out of work and in the streets.  So yeah, that would change the story.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Mexico is now, or has been for a while, the largest exporter to the US, which is interesting.  Just need to get that tech manufacturing shifted to Vietnam/India/Mexico/South America.

That completely destroys their economy and puts hundreds of millions of Chinese out of work and in the streets.  So yeah, that would change the story.

I see the Mexico and Lat Am offered up often as a tech manufacturing base. But it seems like most people ignore that… they don’t have the quantity of existing skilled labor or infrastructure for that. And it’s gonna take a lot of time and investment. For ex, Apple is barely just now making a dent in Vietnam and India. 

21 minutes ago, YChang said:

I see the Mexico and Lat Am offered up often as a tech manufacturing base. But it seems like most people ignore that… they don’t have the quantity of existing skilled labor or infrastructure for that. And it’s gonna take a lot of time and investment. For ex, Apple is barely just now making a dent in Vietnam and India. 

It's been mentioned before that Apple had almost all of their operations in China and resisted moving anything out even as the warning signs were making other companies move. Apple was dumb.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1